Aussitel Backpackers Reviews

312 Harbour Drive, Coffs Harbour, Australia

Friendliest staff ever Kay, Laura, Jan and Kristen :D Great atmosphere, was meant to stay one night I stayed 5

• 20th Aug 2015

100% value for money! Stayed extra few nights & plan to come back, still so much to see/do. 4WD rainforest tour with Paul was frickin excellent, heaps of wildlife & bike riding tracks just across the street. In my travels never found a hostel so perfectly located between town and beach with SO much FREE stuff to use in the creek opposite & the beach... every day was a perfect aussie adventure with the awesome friendly staff! Clean/secure newly refurbished facilities! Great memories, LOVE IT!

• 14th Aug 2015

Aussitel was an awesome hostel in Coffs Harbour. Staff was super friendly as well as the people staying there. Free paddleboards, kayaks, etc. were really convienient... only complaint is that I wish that had single person kayaks. Two hostel wide events each day were really cool as well. Was really clean and secure. Location wasn't to far from the beach. Had an overall great time, wish I could have stayed longer... would go back for sure!!

Good prices and a nice little place, would definitely stay here again 👍

By far my favorite hostel in Australia! There are two organized actives every day which makes it very easy to meet other people and explore Coffs Harbor for FREE! All of the staff are friendly and helpful, and made e feel right at home.

This was, without doubt, the best hostel that I stayed in Australia. It is a smaller hostel and sits slightly out of town, but there is plenty to do and an excellent selection of water sports activities to hire for free. The staff were very friendly and ran a program of activities every morning and evening, which gets everyone involved. They always went out of their way to help and helped to make the hostel feel more homely and open. A great place to stay!

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

One of the best hostels I stayed so far. Plenty on fun activities every day, lots of free stuff and the coolest staff. The lookers under the bed are the best. Thanks for everything!

Coffs Harbour may not be the most exciting place in the world, but this hostel made us want to stay there. We extended as long as we could. The staff were fantastic, always getting involved. The free tours every morning were amazing and good fun. The bathrooms were very nice and always clean. The whole place is very sociable and chilled. We'd highly recommend this place, even if you weren't planning on visiting Coffs Harbour.

Rooms were good although slightly resembling a prison, common areas were nice though so made up for rooms. Fairly decent sized kitchen although not as many hobs as there could have been. Often a queue for people needing to use them. Really good for free paddle boards/surf boards etc which I've not seen before in a hostel. Plus day and night planned activities were great for getting to know people and making the most of the area.

Aussietel do a great job of providing fun, free activities to people on a budget with their free equipment hire, but also provide many paid activities at discounted prices! Rooms had private lockers under the beds, which were comfortable enough and the bathrooms were great minus a few cockroaches but that can't be helped. Quiet policy after 11pm is great for those wanting to get a bit of sleep. Kitchen needs a bit of work with the faulty gas burners but aside from that no worries!

Staying at the Aussitel Backpackers was an amazing experience from start to finish. I was due to arrive late from the bus so I was kindly left instructions on getting in along with other helpful information. The staff at Aussitel are extremely friendly and they go out of their way to help you have fun. The use of free paddle boards, kayaks and sightseeing trips means there is so much to do and wish all hostels were as good as this one. I will definitely be returning on my way up the Coast.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Thought the staff and atmosphere was especially good, and everyone was very friendly. Extended my staff here as it was also a good place to relax, and although the hostel was very social, getting a good nights sleep was not an issue!

Aussitel was awesome! It had a great safe vibe, staff who were more than willing to help and interact with everybody, and great people. Too bad it was raining when I was there but free equipment and close to the beach. I wish I had a couple more days to spend there!

Great for activities, though there was meant to be a bonfire on the beach while we were there, which didn't happen because the staff were drunk. The showers are excellent. The rooms are clean but feel a bit like prison. Staff weren't as nice as others we have experienced.

Would recommend this hostel to anyone. We arrived in the middle of the night off the greyhound to be picked up without even asking, which amazed us, and it was free! Really friendly staff who do a great job of getting everyone in the hostel involved with the activities. Always something going on in the day and night, you'll never be bored! Free equipment hire is a god send, take advantage of it!! When we had an issue with our room staff were understanding and moved us without hesitation

As soon as I walked in I was overpowered by the smell of shoes & feet. Everyone's wet, dirty, smelly shoes were left out in the hallway. The carpet in the room was wet. The other guests were extremely loud & were playing games all night with goon bags & getting extremely intoxicated. My pillow was literally falling apart & the linen had rips in it.

It was a very clean hostel, especially the bathrooms. The rooms were bigger than we expected (the 4 bed dorm) and it was great value. The staff were also really nice and gave a lot of information about the surrounding areas and activities available. The only negative was that we kept finding our room door had been left open each time the room had been entered by staff. Would definitely stay at an Aussitel Hostel again.

• 29th Apr 2015

Small Roms but everything else was splendid. Really nice staff!

Great hostel,

Brilliant hostel, staff, atmosphere and free stuff

• 14th Apr 2015