Aussitel Backpackers Reviews

312 Harbour Drive, Coffs Harbour, Australia

Average hostel some staff was helpful others not

Aussitel is the best hostel I stayed (1,5 years) It is my sixth time back on for sure not the last! The first time I've been there was planed to be one night ended up staying 3 month! Just using all their free stuff( surfboards, sups..) joining the activities and just hanging out there. The staff was always really friendly and helpful and it didn't take long to become close friends with them! The hostel has just been renovated recently, so everything looks clean and tidy.

So clean and friendly, and the Staff were amazing.

Nice hostel. Really big and organized. Tough to judge because there isn't much to do in coffs harbour and there is quiet time after 11. Staff were all nice but all answers were short and quick like it was a bit of a bother. All the free stuff you get is sweet though.

Aussitel made us feel so welcome from the moment we were picked up from the greyhound stop. This is only one of the great free facilities on off here at Aussitel. We made great use of all the free watersports activities! The staff definitely made our stay at aussitel especially Nick who led many of the activities. He made us feel right at home and not want to move on to our next destination! Thank you aussitel!

• 10th Feb 2015

Great hostel, v social, nice size, lots of activities put on everyday, free surf boards kayaks etc and free wifi! Definitely recommend!

This is a friendly, clean and easygoing hostel. By far the best I've been in Australia (I've stayed in 5 so far). They are relaxed, there is no problem on bringing your own alcohol, the staff is always planing activities, they carry you to the beach or the supermarkets on the van of the hostel and the most important, they have for FREE: kayacs, paddle suf boards, surf boards ping pong tables snorkles and pretty much everithing you need to have fun, really good!

Great hostel. Wish we could of stayed for longer. Lots to do with the free surf boards etc

Such a great hostel! originally booked for 3 nights but ended up staying 6! The hostel has everything you need! It has so many free things, surfboards, paddle boards, canoes, kayaks, snorkelling gear and the fastest wifi Ive come across in Oz so far, which is also free! They organise two activities a day, Kayaking to watch the sunset, trip to emerald beach to see the Kangaroos and a bonfire at the beach and were just some of the ones I took part in. Great hostel and even better staff! Thanks!!

Lovely people! The staff was nice and very helpful

• 27th Jan 2015

I love aussitel! Great staff, amazing atmosphere and lots of activities to get you involved! Really good vibe, was there for Oz day and it was an awesome party! Near to beach- about 10min walk, close to the peak to overlook the town, close to small shops and cafes but not supermarket HOWEVER they run a shuttle bus regularly. So much stuff to rent for free! Take advantage!! Amazing value for money highly recommend. Cleaned daily.

Lots of things to do for free! Met an awesome group of people on the kangaroo tour and ended up travelling with them! Clean comfortable and a swimming pool for the hangover!

The long standing joke in this place is "one more week!" and with good reason! The staff are great fun, the group activities get everyone involved if you're up for it, the rooms and facilities are clean and well-kept, location is good for the beaches & creek! Fantastic family atmosphere and karaoke on Wednesdays is always a blast 😃 Between the staff, the facilities, the group activities and the atmosphere - it's the only place I'll stay in Coffs Harbour!!!

Only stayed two nights but liked that they had activities every day!

It's a really nice place! Nice people, nice staff! And all the free activities are great! Had a good time in Coffs Harbour thanks to Aussitel Backpackers

Excellent place to stay, really relaxed atmosphere where everyone is friendly and the staff are great. Facilities are good everything you need including FREE WIFI. Definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed in.

• 6th Oct 2014

Without a doubt the best hostel I've ever stayed in I booked for 3 nights and ended up staying for over 2 months. The staff tom Levi and nick were very helpful and the hostel was exceptionally clean and tidy. One of the main positives of the hostel was the number of free activities on offer. I was able to explore the local area and experience everything coffs has to offer from surfing park beach to watching kangaroos on emerald. I would highly recommend Aussitel backpackers to everyone.

• 5th Oct 2014

super hostel! its a pitty we couldn stay longer! the bathroom was super clean.. the kitchen was ok.. we met great people there! also the hostel has great activities! great atmosphere there also good for backpacker who are travelling alone

Excellent staff and they helped me recover a lost phone. Activities were planned everyday for those who wanted to join in. Wonderful bathrooms with nice showers. Plenty of refrigeration space and cooking utensils. Overall, one of the better hostels that I have stayed in. I would recommend it, highly.

View all Coffs Harbour Hostels