Aussitel Backpackers Reviews

312 Harbour Drive, Coffs Harbour, Australia

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at aussitel, ended up extending my stay by two nights just because it is such a nice place to relax but there's also a lot of activities organised by the hostel if youre up for that! Only the distance to the city centre is quite farr to walk but they do have pick up and drop off service from the busstop. Close to the river and the beach though! Would definitely reccomend had a great time! Staff also very friendly

• 3rd Feb 2016

Amazing hostel! The staff were faultless and when out of their way to make our stay as brilliant as possible. Great atmosphere, created by the staff and the day and evening activities organised which were accessible for everyone. Wish we had stayed longer!

Location is fine if you don't mind walking - unfortunately Coffs Harbour is a bit spread out so that is inevitable. Staff were really friendly and offered plenty of activities. The rooms were stuffy and hot, it was almost impossible to sleep - there was only a tiny fan oscillating between 6 of us. Kitchen was crawling with all sorts, food and drink went missing often. Too many long-term stayers here who try their best to keep to their own group.

Great hostel with amazing staff who actually remember your name which is cool. The rooms are clean, there is a fan but on hot nights it doesn't do much! Two activities per day which are either free or super cheap makes it great way to explore the local area and make friends at the same time. Having access to free surfboards, kayaks, body boards and SUP is awesome and I've definitely made use of them. The kitchen and common rooms are big and airy and there is plently of fridge and shelf space.

I think this hostel will be my best one on my trip. It was the perfect blend of social and private with activities on all of the time most for free. The staff were crazy nice and fun and I just really enjoyed my whole stay there, people were friendly, it basic compared to some but when you look around you notice how spotlessly clean it is, how all their equipment is maintained to a high standard and how much effort they put into everything they organise. Loved it..throughly recommend.

Staff is super nice, when they picked us up at the bus station they even took us to a lookout point to show us all the beaches and what activities we can do during our stay. the rooms were nice and the bathroom was one of the cleanest I've seen so far in my three months in Australia. everyday they offered different activities, either free or just for max 5 dollars and you could also hire surfboards, kayaks or body boards for free. I can absolutely recommend a stay there!

• 28th Jan 2016

Nice and clean, staff really helpful, liked the fact there was an activity in the morning and in the afternoon and appreciated that they were cheap/free. Didn't mind the rules that were in place as they seemed sensible to have in place so that everyone could enjoy their stay. Nice and clean, Would definitely come back :)

Brilliant staff Brilliant rooms Very very clean Amazing showers Excellent facilities - free wifi, free hire, a pool, clean kitchen and a lounge area If we had to pick holes ... There's no facilities to dry your hands in the toilets and they let people check in at 8.30am - didn't expect to wake up with a strangers staring at me sleeping haha!

• 22nd Jan 2016

Best hostel I have stayed at by far. The location of the hostel is brilliant, close to the town, close to water sports and the beach. Hostel offers free equipment hire such as kayaks, and only a short walk with them to the creek, which is a must do experience. They laid on a 4x4 trip for a very small price, and was one of the best little trips we did. The atmosphere is brilliant, loads of people from different countries and there for different reasons. Everyone friendly, especially the staff.

The staff is lovely and funny, there are heaps of things you can do (for freeeeeee omg), programme every night and clean facilities. I planned on staying there for just three days but happened to stay for three weeks!! When I come to Coffs Harbour another time I will definitely stay with Aussitel again. Thanks for the lovely time guys!

• 18th Jan 2016

+ free bodyboards, surfboards etc!, free activities everyday, pool, very clean and nice bathrooms, clean rooms, nice people, well equipped kitchen, nice atmosphere, close to beach - far away from supermarkets, far away from city centre

• 13th Jan 2016

Great hostel. Staff is friendly and location is great. They have a lot of fun activities around that you can do on a budget. I really enjoyed my stay here!

Fantastic hostel! Best one we have stayed in Australia. Enthusiastic staff! Great events put on every day! Clean rooms and bathrooms! The only reason it's not a 100 for us is just a minor minor reason and that is that through their wifi provider you only receive 500mb a day. Though this is normally enough. Thank you for a great stay Aussitel!

Free rentals of kayaks, SUPs, surfboards and canoes are the best! Staff is friendly and kitchen has heaps of cookware and utensils. Weekly BBQ is a great deal! Close to the jetty for a nice jump in the ocean - we saw a few turtles too! 20 min walk to Parkes beach for the surfers. Great hammocks area in the back and a pool also!

Great hostel. The best hostel i stayed until now. Pick up service, nice people,... Would come back again

I enjoyed staying in this hostel very much. The staff was very friendly and willing to help. I definetly would stay here again.

Jamie was so helpful and really made us feel welcome! All of the guys there were great! Gutted we only had 2 days to stay there in the end, would have loved to stay longer!

This hostel was great!!! They had a transfer to the hostel as its a long was from the bus stop!!! All the staff where very helpful and to top it off they take you to the view point over looking the whole of the harbour!!! The rooms where comfy beds where awfully squeaky though but not a massive amount to complain highly about. The bathroom needs to be cleaned more as someone was sick in the girls shower and it was there for 2 days.

Fun hostel with friendly staff and good facilities. Rooms where clean and of an appropriate size for number of beds. Bathrooms where really nice, spacious clean and bright.

The best Hostel I 've stayed in! They have lots of activities going on and try to bind everyone in. The Staff is super nice and try to help you with everything.

• 14th Dec 2015