Aussitel Backpackers Reviews

The best hostel I've ever stayed at. The only hostel to pick you up from the greyhound bus stop. Free wifi. Free equipment. Free activities. Great buzz to the place. Awesome staff. Just stay here.

I loved my stay at aussitel backpackers. I liked it so much that I extended my stay. They offer tons of stuff for free and 2 activities per day. A great way to get to know new people! I highly recommend aussitel backpackers!

So much free stuff to do- canoeing on the creek, body boarding, kayaking, surfing! The staff are really helpful at sorting things out for you and there is a day and night activity everyday which is usually free or very cheap. We had quite a nice crowd staying when we stayed so the atmosphere was lively. Quiet time is at ten but a group of us went to the beach and drank by a bonfire which was nice. Good place to do the skydive too!

• 1st Apr 2014

Loved this hostel they offer a really good service and the staff are great. You can hire allsorts! Good value gor money and very clean

Positive: Free wifi, nice common area, many activities offered Negative: Only 4 lockers in a 6-bed-dorm

Nice Palace to stay a few days Surfboards, kayaks... Everything is free and the staff is awsome!

• 17th Mar 2014

The atmosphere and facilities at thus hostel are fab and the staff are super friendly and helpful.

Brilliant hostel, really friendly and so much stuff to do for free! We took a kayak up the creek (for free!) which was great and there's a pool for when you can't be bothered to leave the hostel. And decent, free wifi (so rare in aus). Wish I could've stayed longer.

Amazing amazing amazing!! Enjoyed my stay a lot and will definately come back!!! Absolutely great and relaxed atmosphere, very easy to get in contact with others. EVERY DAY activities, also the perfect way to get in contact. Perfect to try new things out without spending money, it's actually hard to believe they really charge you for the very comfy beds :-). It's clean,safe,more than what you need. I hardly recommand to stay for a while and don't plan your leaving day, because you won't like to

I didn't realise when I booked this hostel, that they run such a huge range of activities for free. Within 30 minutes of checking in, I was signed up for sunset kayaking on the creek - free of charge. All surf board rental etc is also included in your room cost. The atmosphere here was great, extremely friendly staff and as a single traveller I made many friends quickly. The bathroom facilities were pretty good, lots of showers, hot water consistently etc. Good hostel.

We extended our stay as we love this hostel so much! For someone who has enough from huge anonymous party hostels in noisy cities this is made for you! The staff is amazing, when we asked for the next 4WD rainforest trip (3 $!) they engaged and put our names on the list. Every day the hostel organises events (big banana trip, free quick surf lessons, Jetty Jumping, quiznights, cheap BBQ, GoonPong, etc.). Rooms are light and tidy, as well as all the other facilities. We'll miss you guys!!!

• 26th Feb 2014

Having the best time! We originally only booked to stay 4 nights but 10 days later we are still here. Everything is fabulous, the facilities/activities are brilliant. The stuff you can rent is really good, we have rented a kayak a few times to take down the creek opposite the hostel so nice. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the atmosphere within the hostel is brilliant made some great friends here, the location is good and value for money excellent. Can't recommend enough.

Free internet! Close to everything! Stuff is very friendly and they organize daily activities!

The services at the hostel was brilliant. They came and picked us up from the bus station at six am, they also dropped off at silly o'clock in the morning. We did the free paddle boarding which was so much fun! You could hire surf boards for free and kayaks. The beach was within walking distance and they had a pool! The kitchen was always being cleaned and they had free WiFi.

Aussitel is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. You get so much free stuff, there are two free/really cheap activities a day. I had a go at paddle boarding (free) & 4WD ($3). The staff are so friendly & helpful, it has a chilled atmosphere, spotless kitchen, communal area, room & bathrooms cleaned daily. Its such a bargain I wish I could have stayed longer - its perfect xx

Great staff! Really nice guys and friendly. Had awesome time with them. Hostel is clean and location is really good. Lots of free activities you can do (surfboards, kayaks...)!!! Kitchen works and there's enough fridges so no problems where you keep your food! We were originally going to stay 3 nights here but now there's gonna be almost two weeks that we're here. Love this place! One of the best hostels we've stayed in Australia!

Staff were the best thing about this place, so helpful and friendly. My room was quite hot and stuffy the night I stayed and it only had one small fan but I guess that's more the weather's fault not the hostel's! Everything else was great.

Definitely one of our favorite hostels so far! The staff is just so friendly and personal.there is a big open common room with the kitchen, tables and a big tv corner. They have a lot of movies you can request. The rooms are clean enough and you have got enough space for your stuff. The only thing that could be better was the showers/toilets, but that gets compensated by the 2 (almost) free daily activities that were fun and the free use of computers, free wifi and free surfboards, kayaks etc.

Extremely friendly and social Hostel with everything you need in this area: closest to the beach, Supermarkets´+Bars around, free WiFi as well as exquisite gear you can use. Everyday there are nice activities such as the sunset Kangaroo walk or the sunset Kajaktour. The Staff is super friendly and picks you up from the Busstation and can provide any information. When in Coffs Harbour, stay at Aussitel Backpackers! but book ahead, it is likely to be fully booked!

Absolutely brilliant place to stay, close to beach, and local shops, the use of equipment for boogie boards, surf kayaks etc gave me the opportunity to do things I normally wouldn't have been able to do on my trip.

View all Coffs Harbour Hostels