Aussitel Backpackers Reviews

312 Harbour Drive, Coffs Harbour, Australia

Staying at the Aussitel Backpackers was an amazing experience from start to finish. I was due to arrive late from the bus so I was kindly left instructions on getting in along with other helpful information. The staff at Aussitel are extremely friendly and they go out of their way to help you have fun. The use of free paddle boards, kayaks and sightseeing trips means there is so much to do and wish all hostels were as good as this one. I will definitely be returning on my way up the Coast.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Thought the staff and atmosphere was especially good, and everyone was very friendly. Extended my staff here as it was also a good place to relax, and although the hostel was very social, getting a good nights sleep was not an issue!

Aussitel was awesome! It had a great safe vibe, staff who were more than willing to help and interact with everybody, and great people. Too bad it was raining when I was there but free equipment and close to the beach. I wish I had a couple more days to spend there!

Great for activities, though there was meant to be a bonfire on the beach while we were there, which didn't happen because the staff were drunk. The showers are excellent. The rooms are clean but feel a bit like prison. Staff weren't as nice as others we have experienced.

Would recommend this hostel to anyone. We arrived in the middle of the night off the greyhound to be picked up without even asking, which amazed us, and it was free! Really friendly staff who do a great job of getting everyone in the hostel involved with the activities. Always something going on in the day and night, you'll never be bored! Free equipment hire is a god send, take advantage of it!! When we had an issue with our room staff were understanding and moved us without hesitation

As soon as I walked in I was overpowered by the smell of shoes & feet. Everyone's wet, dirty, smelly shoes were left out in the hallway. The carpet in the room was wet. The other guests were extremely loud & were playing games all night with goon bags & getting extremely intoxicated. My pillow was literally falling apart & the linen had rips in it.

It was a very clean hostel, especially the bathrooms. The rooms were bigger than we expected (the 4 bed dorm) and it was great value. The staff were also really nice and gave a lot of information about the surrounding areas and activities available. The only negative was that we kept finding our room door had been left open each time the room had been entered by staff. Would definitely stay at an Aussitel Hostel again.

• 29th Apr 2015

Small Roms but everything else was splendid. Really nice staff!

Great hostel,

Brilliant hostel, staff, atmosphere and free stuff

• 14th Apr 2015

If Carlsberg did Hostels.......... Had a fantastic 3 days here. Staff are amazing and make sure your stay is great. The free hire of paddle boards. surf boards, kayaks is an awesome extra. Would highly recommend.

Real shame that the staff just wanted to party together. Hostel is nice and in a good location but staff taking over the outside area makes the social area uncomfortable.

We only have 3 members of staff. Most of the people you are referring to were customers, like you, joining in with our staff in the social area. At Aussitel we organise activities every day, one in the morning and one in the evening. This is to encourage everyone to join in, meet people and have some fun. However, we can't force you to join in. The night you stayed we organised a bonfire on the beach. This would have been the perfect opportunity for you to meet fellow travellers

Cool little hostel, great people there making it lots of fun. Only small pedistal fans in bedrooms though, so it got quite hot when sleeping. Hostel is pretty small overall, but good atmosphere. Don't expect a luxury stay though. mattresses were stained and dirty, and the room smelt pretty bad (mostly from the other ppl staying in the room). Just get really drunk and you won't care as much :p

Really clean and tidy! Sports equipment available free for use and nice atmosphere. Located nearby the beach and the shuttle from and to bus station is awesome! Couldn't ask for more, might be one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

Good hostel.mostly young people. Brilliant free WiFi.

Easily the best hostel I've stayed at in Australia! They have so much free stuff...wifi, surfboards, kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, snorkelling gear and fishing equipment!! The staff also run an activity every morning and evening which allows everyone to socialise and have fun and get the most out of the area and facilities! Close to the beach and town. The staff are awesome...really friendly and fun. Coffs Harbour is under rated and aussitel is a must do on the east coast!!

Free stuff was nice, good rooms with comfortable beds and lockers. The hostel runs plenty of activities and Nick is a great guy, some of the others weren't quite as cool or friendly, but still a great time there

There's not much to do in Coffs Harbour but this hostel make sure every possible activity is available with free hire for most of their equipment. The only bad (ish) thing was a very moody and catty member of staff although my stay was brightened by a lovely Liverpudlian member so thank you to you! Otherwise, recommended!

Average hostel some staff was helpful others not

Aussitel is the best hostel I stayed (1,5 years) It is my sixth time back on for sure not the last! The first time I've been there was planed to be one night ended up staying 3 month! Just using all their free stuff( surfboards, sups..) joining the activities and just hanging out there. The staff was always really friendly and helpful and it didn't take long to become close friends with them! The hostel has just been renovated recently, so everything looks clean and tidy.

View all Coffs Harbour Hostels