Avalon Hotel Paris Reviews

131-133 Bd de Magenta, Paris, France

The hotel locates nearby the Gare du Nord. The staff is friendly and helpful. Wifi facility is excellent. The room is a little small and the bathroom is very tiny. I think this is the norm in Paris.

• 10th Aug 2015

The hotel is located a five minute walk from the train station which is really handy! you can get a number 22 bus from around the corner from the hotel which will bring you past all the main sights and it stops beside the Eiffel Tower. The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were basic but clean - decor dated and dark but while we were there it was undergoing renovations. No air con which was a shame, but everything else was perfectly acceptable, has wifi throughout.

For the price, breakfast should have been included.

Don't ever stay in this hotel if it is hot. There is no air conditioning.

• 1st Jul 2015

Our stay was good! We appreciated being close to the train station. The staff, especially Federica, was very helpful. No complaints!

The pictures I saw posted online led me to believe this was a very nice hotel with private Terrance's and views of the Eiffle Tower. The rooms were not spacious or special. The bed was comfortable and we had a big window but no air circulation and the room had just been painted and smelled awful. While it is close to the train station on which we arrived it's far from everything else. The sourrounding area didn't feel safe. Two staff members were especially nice but all others were not.

I loved my room on the 5th floor because the windows opened directly onto a tiny balcony nestled in the tree leaves.

• 19th Aug 2014

Very handy to the station, rooms were very clean and quiet. Great to have air conditioning when its so hot! Pain to have to carry your bags up narrow windy stairs but that's Paris!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

My only complaint is that the room was very cold and the radiator didn't work.

The staff there are really nice and helpful

Easy to find. Clean and good value. Except lots of traffic and ambulances at night (close to hospital). Quite loud if you're on the side facing street.

Very kind staff and great location! I have nothing about complaining. Everything amazing!

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Spain

One of the nicest places I've stayed during my four month travel around Europe! Location is convenient with buses and metro near by, not at all "seedy" like some of the reviews may have mentioned. The hotel itself was beautiful and clean, and we were upgraded for no extra cost! Staff was friendly and helpful and the wifi worked great. They also conveniently held my luggage all day even after checkout. I definitely recommend this place for your next stay in Paris!

I had a wonderful stay at Avalon Hotel in Paris. Staffs are very professional and helpful. They put me on a spacious room with comfy bed. Location is perfect! close to International Eurostar Train Nord Station. I would like to stay in this hotel again and even recommend to all my friends.

Would definetely stay here again!

• 9th Nov 2013

The area was a bit ghetto. Insufficient signage so we couldn't find our room as it was behind an unmarked closed door. Room stank a bit when we got back. Lift felt like it was going to fall.

THE HOTEL WAS ONLY 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM THE PARIS NORD & LYON STATIONS, FREE UNLIMITED WIFI. ALWAYS HOT WATER, ROOMS WERE CLEAN BUT NOT VERY BIG( NOT LITTLE EITHER), GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY. THE STAFF MEMEBERS ARE HELPFUL BUT THE OLD MAN IN THE EVENING IS NOT OFFERING TO HELP YOU BUT HE WILL HELP IF YOU ASK. WILL BE BACK .

Had a great time. Close to many transport options, all amenities required in room, with a clean ensuite. Only issue was with the closed window it was too hot, with the open window it was too loud. Choose what works! I went with hot. I would return again as the quality was fantastic, but the price is a little steep. You get what you pay for.

The staff weren't rude, but not very friendly or welcoming either. We found Paris in general to not be very welcoming to tourists (or maybe it was because we were Americans).

• 7th Oct 2013
  • Couple, 41+

This is a really convienient location to stay; and hotel is very comfortable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7