Avalon Hotel Paris Reviews

131-133 Bd de Magenta, Paris, France

Very handy to the station, rooms were very clean and quiet. Great to have air conditioning when its so hot! Pain to have to carry your bags up narrow windy stairs but that's Paris!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

My only complaint is that the room was very cold and the radiator didn't work.

The staff there are really nice and helpful

Easy to find. Clean and good value. Except lots of traffic and ambulances at night (close to hospital). Quite loud if you're on the side facing street.

Very kind staff and great location! I have nothing about complaining. Everything amazing!

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Spain

One of the nicest places I've stayed during my four month travel around Europe! Location is convenient with buses and metro near by, not at all "seedy" like some of the reviews may have mentioned. The hotel itself was beautiful and clean, and we were upgraded for no extra cost! Staff was friendly and helpful and the wifi worked great. They also conveniently held my luggage all day even after checkout. I definitely recommend this place for your next stay in Paris!

I had a wonderful stay at Avalon Hotel in Paris. Staffs are very professional and helpful. They put me on a spacious room with comfy bed. Location is perfect! close to International Eurostar Train Nord Station. I would like to stay in this hotel again and even recommend to all my friends.

Would definetely stay here again!

• 9th Nov 2013

The area was a bit ghetto. Insufficient signage so we couldn't find our room as it was behind an unmarked closed door. Room stank a bit when we got back. Lift felt like it was going to fall.

THE HOTEL WAS ONLY 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM THE PARIS NORD & LYON STATIONS, FREE UNLIMITED WIFI. ALWAYS HOT WATER, ROOMS WERE CLEAN BUT NOT VERY BIG( NOT LITTLE EITHER), GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY. THE STAFF MEMEBERS ARE HELPFUL BUT THE OLD MAN IN THE EVENING IS NOT OFFERING TO HELP YOU BUT HE WILL HELP IF YOU ASK. WILL BE BACK .

Had a great time. Close to many transport options, all amenities required in room, with a clean ensuite. Only issue was with the closed window it was too hot, with the open window it was too loud. Choose what works! I went with hot. I would return again as the quality was fantastic, but the price is a little steep. You get what you pay for.

The staff weren't rude, but not very friendly or welcoming either. We found Paris in general to not be very welcoming to tourists (or maybe it was because we were Americans).

• 7th Oct 2013
  • Couple, 41+

This is a really convienient location to stay; and hotel is very comfortable.

Made a mistake of booking in advance!!! I paid 192 Euros for 2 nights in a standard twin room, but when we got there, I found out that the rate on that day was in fact 140 Euros for the 2 nights. We tried to get the receptionist to change the payment amount to no avail. For a student, 52 Euros is ALOT of money!!! Moreover, we called Avalon Hotel the day before we arrived and the receptionist told us that our due amount was 142 Euros. Hence we were pretty confused with the situation!!

• 25th Aug 2013
  • Malaysia

The hotel was great but very noisy, the rooms were hot too. But everything else was great

Staff were fantastic! rooms are small but was very clean and very handy for the train station and easy to find however the rooms are very hot in the summer! struggled to sleep without the window open and the road outside is noisy.

Amazing people at the reception willing to give a hand with everything please congratulate them for us! they are the best receptionists we had all over Europe!

It would be very good if the room can provide a portable fan especially during summer time.

• 9th Aug 2013
  • Malaysia

We stayed in a room on the courtyard side of the 5th floor and we were very comfortable. Although it is a very noisy area to stay in, it was enough just to keep the bathroom windows open as the weather wasnt too hot. We felt that we had good value from the hotel as the room had unlimited wi-fi and the concierge let us use the laptop computer available in reception. As we were researching rooms to rent in Paris we found this very useful. Thanks!

• 9th Aug 2013

Thank you very much for a great stay. All of the staff were so helpful and open to going the extra mile to accommodate or inform us of anything we asked. Keep up the hospitality! I will recommend to anyone traveling in Paris.

• 6th Aug 2013