9.3
Superb 367 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 367 Total Reviews
Avalon House KTM Located at Lekhnath Marg, Thamel, Kathmandu.
Nepal
Kathmandu Bagmati 44600 Lekhnath Marg, Thamel
93% 367
27.7184659 85.3116917
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
10th Jun 2016

This place was wonderful. It's in a pretty quiet area but still walking distance to popular food and tourist locations. I really enjoyed my stay, thank you for the great time!!

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th May 2016

Our stay at Avalon House couldn't have been better! Saput set us up in an amazing room with a killer view, served breakfast on the awesome roof, and coordinated our Annapurna trek. We spent four excellent days on the trails with his son Savurna as our guide. Avalon house offers great services for a reasonable price, with a great location less than 5 minutes walk from Thamel. We will be sure to head back next time in Kathmandu.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
9th May 2016

A great hotel tucked away on a quiet street near Thamel. Very good value for money.

2nd May 2016

Great Place And great staff. Rooms are Very Nice And Clean. Im coming Back here everytime i am in Kathmandu.

• England, Couple, 31-40
26th Apr 2016

Comfy bed!

• Austria, Male, 31-40
20th Apr 2016

This was the best hostel I stayed in my 4 weeks in Nepal. it was an oasis - hot shower, western toilet, clean and comfortable beds. electricity in Kathmandu is still only for some hours available but they have there own backup power supply. The owner and the staff was outstanding. always very helpful and friendly but never pushy. they organized a very good guide for my trekking and even called if I arrived safely at the destination.

8th Apr 2016

I stayed both here and Elbrus Home and both were very similar and enjoyable! Both are about the same distance from the center of Thamel (Elbrus a tiny but further), both offered the same breakfast which is my favorite, both had hot showers and wifi, both had very nice and helpful staff. I preferred Elbrus out of the two even thought the Avalon House is newer and nicer. Elbrus staff made me feel a little bit more welcome and it had a more popular communal space for meeting other travelers!

4th Apr 2016

I really enjoyed my stay and recommend it for you on this basis: The staff were exceptional. My flight was terribly delayed but they were still able to pick me up. It was too amazing! For me it felt like a hotel and not at all like a hostel. Which left me longing for travel companions. Even when the power was out for extended periods of time the wifi was on and the water was hot. Priorities on point! Good breakfast and fast quality laundry service. Thanks for everything Avalon!

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
30th Mar 2016

This place is really nice! the rooms are big you have your own bathroom and the staff is extremely friendly and helpfull. Great breakfast included as well. It is well located next to Thamel and has a beautiful terrace from which you can see the Monkey Temple from the distance. In terms of security the staff is extremely reliable, you can leave your things with them if you are planning on doing a long trek.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
29th Mar 2016

Great rooftop view, very safe place to store bags for a long trek, helpful staff (booked bus to Pokhara for me), poor wifi, not the best atmosphere