Avalon House KTM Reviews

Lekhnath Marg, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Siput and his team excellent people, very friendly and kind, the hotel very good and comfortable, the breakfast very good.

The hostel is very good, I liked everything on it except that the water was cold :( and I needed to take a shower in hot water. In addition they need to provide tissues in the bathroom. Supit was a great help and nice friendly person but I think his charges is a bit expensive comparing to other places. I would love to visit Kathmandu again and I recommend the hostel as it is really nice!

I loved my stay at Avalon House! This is an excellent hostel. Nice view from the top terrace over the surrounding neighborhoods of Katmandu. The facilities are great, the hostel is clean, good breakfast and the staff - very helpful and friendly. I would certainly stay there again.

Very clean, great staff, and super comfortable bed/pillows. The breakfast was awesome as well! More of a bed and breakfast than a hostel, we had a very comfortable stay.

I spent a week at Avalon House and had a lovely stay there. For accommodation in this price range I would definitely recommend this; the owners are very friendly and helpful, keen to guide me in the best directions to experience the wonderful Nepalese traditions and culture, and were happy to teach me about Nepal and it's current situation whenever I was picking their brains on it. It's located on a small (quieter) back street on the northern edge of Thamel.

Location of hostel is literally a stone throw away from Thamel, the busiest street in Kathmandu where you can get all the equipment needed for your hike, it is also a short 20 minutes walk away from gangabu bus park. The hostel has pretty basic facilities but all in all, it has pretty much most things that one would need, though there are no air conditioning and some rooms do not have fans, but the chilly night wind makes up for it!

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

Hotel great with a nice view over the surrounding neighborhoods of Katmandu. Good location juuuust outside of Thamel, but a 2 minute walk puts you right there. The is great and very accommodating. The hotel has no earthquake damage at all, and neither does the surrounding area. Very comfortable, would recommend!

I stayed here in the aftermath of the earthquake, and the staff were amazing. They supplied breakfast and helped me out so much. The hotel was safe and Saput helped me in making my documentarydocumentary (about the disaster)

• 29th Apr 2015