Avalon House KTM Reviews

Lekhnath Marg, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Absolutely great service from owner Saput. He really went the extra mile to give us the best information and deals. After he sent us away on our 3N4D rafting and safari adventure he phoned the camp on our arrival so that he could ensure we made it OK. Hotel also had a very friendly security guard who made us feel secure, plus good food on the hotel menu. Highly recommended.

• 24th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Well run hostel. No frills, but quality owner that cares about his guests and those around him. Very safe.

• 8th Jan 2016

Good location, good prices, very friendly staff, everyone seemed so humble and helpful and honest. But we went to Nepal during their fuel crisis, so they were lacking basic amenities like hot water and electricity. But this is not just this hotel, this is the entire city, or even the entire country. I'm certain if you go to a 5-star hotel, they will have their own power generator, but anything else, you'll get the same deal.

A lot of people have commented on cold water. I just wanted to put word in that this is a problem around the whole country owing to border blocks from India. When the water wasn't warm I went to the reception and he immediately started up the gas which gave me a not cold shower (not boiling either). As far as Nepal goes, that's pretty good going :) Thanks for a lovely stay and for attentiveness and immediate response :)

I had a great stay at the Avalon House. It is a very short walk to the heart of Thamel, close to all the shops and some fun night life. The staff was very helpful and arranged rides to and from the airport, and all around Kathmandu while I was sightseeing. The hot water works sometimes but who cares. Breakfast is included and there are 2 lovely outside areas to relax and eat (roof and out front). All in all I would definitely stay here again!

• 14th Nov 2015

Avalon house was a excellent place. The staff were very friendly and helpful with local trips in Kathmandu or beyond in Nepal. I would definitely stay again.

• 10th Nov 2015

The staff is very helpfull, and this hotel is great value for money. Will go there again without second thinking!

Great location and a very clean and pleasant place to stay right next to Thamel. The roof top terrace is good as well. Thanks!

They were so accommodating. I got here early & they let me stay in a double room with ensuite at no extra charge. Helpful, friendly in every way!

The pictures on the website didn't give an accurate description of the place we stayed in. The place we stayed in was awful. INCREDIBLY noisy both inside and out the building all night. Disfuctional toilet which leaked all over the floor. Dirty carpets and faulty plugs and power supply. No working wifi as advertised and no roof terrace as seen in the pictures. We were very dissapointed. All I can commend is the lovely staff. They were all very friendly, incredibly helpful and well organised.

• 22nd Oct 2015

The place is clean and has everything you need. Salut is very helpful with organising transport and treks. Location is very close to Thamel.

We stayed in the new building for two nights. If you're looking for a place to sleep with good value for money, a great location and clean and spacy rooms with amazing beds (really the best beds we had in Nepal, wow). This is the place you should go to! The included breakfast was nice and a big plus! Staff is friendly and helpful. We recommend this one.

From start to finish an awesome place to stay in Kathmandu!!! Very helpful staff, delicious breakfast & comfortable clean rooms. Very impressed with the Avalon house. Kieron.

Thank you so much, this place is incredibly clean, nice, great location, amazing beds, my own clean bathroom, great value, friendly and helpful staff, wonderful breakfast on the rooftop. I was looking forward to coming back during my whole trek. Very satisfied. Thank you!

• 10th Oct 2015

This place has everything you need. Clean facilities, close to Thamel and friendly staff. Saput (hotel manager) was easily able to assist with tours and transport around Nepal.

What a fantastic guesthouse!! The rooms are clean, there is a great rooftop to get a panarama of Kathmandu, and a nice breakfast. The best part of the guesthouse is the friendly and helpful staff (even through our endless questions). We came back to Avalon three times during our six week stay in Nepal and each time were greeted with the same warm, welcoming smile.

Siput and his team excellent people, very friendly and kind, the hotel very good and comfortable, the breakfast very good.

Booked up 2 nights as we had just finished a 3 week long tour on India and Nepal. Best beds we had slept in the whole time.! The staff were so kind and friendly. We made sure to stay a couple more nights ! Brilliant absolutely loved it here !

One of the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Incredibly value for money.

The hostel is very good, I liked everything on it except that the water was cold :( and I needed to take a shower in hot water. In addition they need to provide tissues in the bathroom. Supit was a great help and nice friendly person but I think his charges is a bit expensive comparing to other places. I would love to visit Kathmandu again and I recommend the hostel as it is really nice!