Avalon House KTM Reviews

Lekhnath Marg, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Ive stayed here before and came back for a reason, staff are great, nice breakfast, great location, good value for money and very secure, will be recommending this guesthouse to all I know visiting kathmandu . .

The hospitality of Mr Saput (the boss of Avalon house) and his team of staff is very commendable. They go all the way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. He also make excellent ground arrangements at a very reasonable rate for my stay in kathmandu as well as Chitwan and Pohkara. He even call me to make sure that i am received well by the guest houses in Chitwan and Pohkara. His son will also be able to guide you if you want to do trekking. Just send him an email stating your requirements

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia
  • Couple, 41+

Saput the owner is a gentleman and booked my mountain flight and onward travel at a great price, airport transfer is also very convenient. They serve a decent breakfast as well.I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Pleasant stay!

• 12th Mar 2014

More than I expected... Saput and his Avalon House was more than a place to sleep and point of departure for the adventure that is Kathmandu. Thamel is a busy shopping area for anything and everything and Avalon House is just at the edge for an easy walk to the many restaurants, shops and street merchants. And beyond the market, Saput took care of all my sightseeing needs with a car and competent driver. A clean comfortable room, large bathroom, plenty of hot water and a rooftop terrace view.

Saput is fantastic, helped us arrange car/driver, mountain flight, etc. Location is close to Thamel Rd for shopping and food. Rooms are clean, though the walls are a bit thin so bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper. Overall, highly recommend!

Just 3min north of thamel. Quieter and cleaner than inside the thamel. Great sun shine in the rooms. Roof top breakfast is absolutely nice. Most of all owner saput is the professional honest sincere. If you want a money for value and new to kathmandu i strongly recomend Avalon house. I would definately love to come back and stay here. Thank u Saput and the staff! You guys were the best!^^

the hotel's location is very good and worth for the money! the hotel's owner Saput and the staffs are very nice!

just a 3 min walk to Thamel. Quieter area- you will hear the sounds from generators and the local shrine at night but in KTM it's difficult to find a silent area!! Stayed in two different rooms, both clean, spacious with en suite. I was always able to get hot water. Heavy duvets which is good in freezing Jan! Decent breakfast included. Staff are all excellent and friendly. Saput, the owner is the most helpful person I have come across when travelling. He will help you organise a memorable trip

A great hostel in a good location with an exceptionally helpful staff. Saput was waiting for me at the airport, made sure I was taken care of. I came to Kathmandu without much of a plan other than to go trekking. Saput set me up with a great guide (ask for Chandra!) at a very reasonable price as well as helped me rent gear for the trek and set up my domestic flights. I will definitely stay here again, and recommend it to my friends traveling in the area.

Friendliest and most accommodating, helpful staff we've come across in a hostel. Airport transfer is great at $5USD each way. Saput was very helpful in organising our transport to various sights around Kathmandu. Solar hot water so shower early. Even with Kathmandu's constant power cuts there is still lighting and internet available which was great. Roof top terrace is beautiful and has an amazing view. Rooms can get a little cool. Great location.

This is The Place to stay when u are in Thamel. Everything i was satisfied. Mr. Saput. The owner is very sincere and helpful. You will get evrything u need from him I strongly recomend Avalon. I stayed 3 nights and willing to stay again next time.

it's a pity that some costs were supposed to be included and then charged afterwards.

Avalon House is the place to stay in Kathmandu! It’s at 5 minutes walk to the main touristic spot Thamel (restaurants+shops) and the place is run by the extremely friendly Saput and his family! At the roof top you can have a breakfast while you look at the mountains of the Kathmandu Valley and the Swayambhunath tempel (Monkey temple). So I already decide when I go back to Kathmandu I definitely will stay here again!

Saput has been AMAZING!! He's been accommodating to every need, organised our tour to Chitwan and even called to make sure we arrived safely. If you want to stay in Katmandu this is the place.

• 29th Oct 2013

Saput is a very decent and honest man, and all the team at Avalon are great. Many thanks to you all

• 25th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

great staff and location!

Great Nepalise hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable. All the basic covered, including wifi. Convenient location to Thamel. They have a great roof terrace which is lovely for breakfast. Don't plan for a quick breakfast to go - they make it all themselves so it can take a little while when busy. Just sit down, talk to some fellow travellers and enjoy the view of Kathmandu. The staff are extremely helpful and can take care of your every travel need. Airport transfers are also great!

• 23rd Oct 2013

Saput and his wife make this place best value! They are honourable, friendly, welcoming and always smiling. Nothing is too much trouble! Saput also manages a travel agency where he passes on extensive knowledge AND group discount prices for individuals, supporting growth projects in his home village. His wife took me to her her own tailor. Avalon House has that "come back" feeling and is an excellent place to use as a base between tours.

• 22nd Oct 2013

Nice place, all staff is very friendly and helpull. Also they help you to arrange trekkings. Excelent service!