Avalon House KTM Reviews

Lekhnath Marg, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Quiet place yet close to Thamel area. Saput, the owner, is very friendly, and also a good business person. The staff are merry people and helpful. They bring a breakfast everyday to the rooftop where you can enjoy a view of Kathmandu city. I feel this nice atmosphere of the guest house is produced by Saput's management. Anyway, it just has everything you need, and if you want to have something, they kindly will help. Great place!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Japan

Good location with everything you need for a comfy nights stay. What really makes this place great is the owner. He is so kind and helpful with everything! Seriously one of the best I've ever encountered. Not once did I feel like he was trying to rip me off. Awesome view from the rooftop terrace and the included breakfast was fantastic. Highly recommend staying here.

The staff was helpful! The room was very clean!!! The location, near thamel, i s perfect.

When I arrived in Kathmandu Saput was waiting for me at the airport. He brings me to his nice hostel just outside the famous touris spot Thamel. It was a great place to stay: just 5 minutes walk to the touristic area but away from the crowd. And during breakfast I had a great view at Swayambhunath Temple. A great start to begin the day! So next time I will choose Avalon House again :) Thanks Saput for the great time!

Don't stay here way better options in Thamel for same price like hotel pilgrims for example. Saput the owner is a little sook when you don't book things through him and refused to give me directions to the tourist bus station from the hostel.

The hotel is very good located on a very quiet street five minutes walk from Thamel. Even though there are cuts of light in the holle city for more thar 10 hours a day, in the hotel there is always hot water and very fast wi-fi in the room (they have solar panels). The staff is amazing and happy to help you in every simple thing you ask, If I go back to the beautifull Nepal for sure I'll stay in Avalon!

The hotel is very close to shops and restaurants. The owner was extremely helpful when we had a travel issue due to the strikes ,making sure we could get to where we were going and back.Breakfast was good. We were extremely touched when we left that he presented us with a good luck scarf for the rest of our travels. He made us feel at home. The only reason for atmosphere only being good was due to lack of other travellers as out of season.

Very good location, 5 minutes walk to Themal. Nice staff and security, good WIFI and breakfast. Facilities just so so, hot water not working well but this cann't blame to hostel if the whole city cut power 10hours per day.

Avalon House is great! It's just outside of the tourist radius of Thamel so you get to experience a hint of real life. But you're still only a 5 minute walk away from all the restaurants. It is set away from the road so there is very little noise. The courtyard offers a great view of the city. The room was clean, the bed was very comfy, the toilet and shower were excellent.

Good location and just three minutes walk to Thamel.Great hot shower though you'd have to let the water running for a good 5 minutes before it turn hot.

Has everything you really need- breakfast, shower, toilet, bed, wifi. For the price you couldn't ask for too much more- I had an extremely comfortable double bed, a solid breakfast and the staff were all extremely kind. It's got the essentials, it's pretty clean and I would definitely recommend it to those on a budget.

Good value, helpful staff and location is fairly convenient. The facilities were clean enough for the price, shower took some time to heat up but that is common for Kathmandu.

Very nice hotel just outside Thamel (less noise...) with extraordinary staff. Great huge breakfast at the rooftop tarrace with amazing views was a perfect way to start the day. Good, reliable wifi (smth rare in nepal), hot water always working (again, a luxury;)). Very nice owner always happy to help. Place for people who want to get some rest after the trek or just rambling over nepal;)

Great guest house with everything you could possibly need. The staff are very helpful and really go out of their way to help you. Breakfast on the roof terrace is nice and hot showers and comfy beds are great after a long trek in the mountains.

• 5th Nov 2014

hot water runs well wifi not strong but works not far from thamel , 5 min quiet at night saiput is a great host and his family as well. roof top is ok but not much breakfeast is good great place but for a relax stay ... not the place to meet a lot of other travellers, , no comun area exept for breakfast

Avalon House is a great place to stay. Saput and his team are really lovely and will do anything they can to assist you. The rooms are basic but comfortable. More importantly there is always hot water and the breakfasts are delicious. I stayed here before my trek and returned again afterwards. I will definitely stay again when I next visit Nepal. Thanks Saput