9.0
Superb 374 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 374 Total Reviews
Avalon House KTM Located at Lekhnath Marg, Thamel, Kathmandu.
Nepal
Kathmandu Bagmati 44600 Lekhnath Marg, Thamel
90% 374
27.7184659 85.3116917
    Rooms available

• Norway, Male, 18-24
5th Jul 2016

Very friendly owner, always available to help with anything, and with good local knowledge. Very responsive to emails sent in advance. View from the roof deck really is like in the picture, and having breakfast there in the morning has no price! The only downsides I could find about this place are related to problems I think exist in general in Kathmandu: electricity comes and goes, and internet was not always the best. Would definitely recommend, and book next time I come back!

• USA, Male, 31-40
4th Jul 2016
5.7

The rooms were new and clean but the hostel is NOT located in Thamel. I never got more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep each night because of all the mosquitos in my room which the staff made no effort to help me get rid of. Do NOT book a treck through the hostel, I did and it was the low point of my trip. My guide was rude and unprofessional and seemed lost most of the time. I asked for a nature treck but saw very little nature as much of the time was spent walking on the bus road to the next town.

• USA, Female, 25-30
10th Jun 2016

This place was wonderful. It's in a pretty quiet area but still walking distance to popular food and tourist locations. I really enjoyed my stay, thank you for the great time!!

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th May 2016

Our stay at Avalon House couldn't have been better! Saput set us up in an amazing room with a killer view, served breakfast on the awesome roof, and coordinated our Annapurna trek. We spent four excellent days on the trails with his son Savurna as our guide. Avalon house offers great services for a reasonable price, with a great location less than 5 minutes walk from Thamel. We will be sure to head back next time in Kathmandu.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
9th May 2016

A great hotel tucked away on a quiet street near Thamel. Very good value for money.

2nd May 2016

Great Place And great staff. Rooms are Very Nice And Clean. Im coming Back here everytime i am in Kathmandu.

• England, Couple, 31-40
26th Apr 2016

Comfy bed!

• Austria, Male, 31-40
20th Apr 2016

This was the best hostel I stayed in my 4 weeks in Nepal. it was an oasis - hot shower, western toilet, clean and comfortable beds. electricity in Kathmandu is still only for some hours available but they have there own backup power supply. The owner and the staff was outstanding. always very helpful and friendly but never pushy. they organized a very good guide for my trekking and even called if I arrived safely at the destination.

8th Apr 2016

I stayed both here and Elbrus Home and both were very similar and enjoyable! Both are about the same distance from the center of Thamel (Elbrus a tiny but further), both offered the same breakfast which is my favorite, both had hot showers and wifi, both had very nice and helpful staff. I preferred Elbrus out of the two even thought the Avalon House is newer and nicer. Elbrus staff made me feel a little bit more welcome and it had a more popular communal space for meeting other travelers!

4th Apr 2016

I really enjoyed my stay and recommend it for you on this basis: The staff were exceptional. My flight was terribly delayed but they were still able to pick me up. It was too amazing! For me it felt like a hotel and not at all like a hostel. Which left me longing for travel companions. Even when the power was out for extended periods of time the wifi was on and the water was hot. Priorities on point! Good breakfast and fast quality laundry service. Thanks for everything Avalon!