Superb 378 Total Reviews
Superb 378 Total Reviews
Avalon House KTM Located at Lekhnath Marg, Thamel, Kathmandu.
Nepal
Kathmandu Bagmati 44600 Lekhnath Marg, Thamel
91% 378
27.7184659 85.3116917
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
3rd Aug 2016

Great pace to stay, so close to Thamel (main tourist area where all the shops and restaurants are). Amazingly priced! More like a hotel than a hostel. Staff are really friendly and always smiling! We wanted advice on trekking and the staff knew everything and even organised it all for us. Whenever I head back to KTM it will be the first place I go to.

• Panama, Couple, 25-30
2nd Aug 2016

As soon they give you the key you are the owner of that room -No one will come inside for the good or the bad- Not in the middle of Thamel but very near (6min walking). They offer free continental breakfast. Have a security guard in the entrance. The staff can help you arrange trekking or sightseeing KTM. Internet access worked fine. Hot water worked fine. We used the laundry service and the clothe was ready the same day. They arrange airport transportation for us. Great place to stay!

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
25th Jul 2016

This hotel is definitely the best one in Kathmandu if measures by value vs money criteria. The guys are very nice and always wiling to help, it is clean, well located and very convenient. Would definitely stay here again.

• Norway, Male, 18-24
5th Jul 2016

Very friendly owner, always available to help with anything, and with good local knowledge. Very responsive to emails sent in advance. View from the roof deck really is like in the picture, and having breakfast there in the morning has no price! The only downsides I could find about this place are related to problems I think exist in general in Kathmandu: electricity comes and goes, and internet was not always the best. Would definitely recommend, and book next time I come back!

• USA, Male, 31-40
4th Jul 2016
5.7

The rooms were new and clean but the hostel is NOT located in Thamel. I never got more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep each night because of all the mosquitos in my room which the staff made no effort to help me get rid of. Do NOT book a treck through the hostel, I did and it was the low point of my trip. My guide was rude and unprofessional and seemed lost most of the time. I asked for a nature treck but saw very little nature as much of the time was spent walking on the bus road to the next town.

10th Jun 2016

This place was wonderful. It's in a pretty quiet area but still walking distance to popular food and tourist locations. I really enjoyed my stay, thank you for the great time!!

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th May 2016

Our stay at Avalon House couldn't have been better! Saput set us up in an amazing room with a killer view, served breakfast on the awesome roof, and coordinated our Annapurna trek. We spent four excellent days on the trails with his son Savurna as our guide. Avalon house offers great services for a reasonable price, with a great location less than 5 minutes walk from Thamel. We will be sure to head back next time in Kathmandu.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
9th May 2016

A great hotel tucked away on a quiet street near Thamel. Very good value for money.

2nd May 2016

Great Place And great staff. Rooms are Very Nice And Clean. Im coming Back here everytime i am in Kathmandu.

• England, Couple, 31-40