Avalon House KTM Reviews

Lekhnath Marg, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

This place is great. What makes it special is that all the people working there are very kind and honest. Avalon is a great place to stay

This was a great hostel in the perfect spot. The included breakfast - eggs, toast, banana or oatmeal, coffee or tea and mango juice - on the 5th floor terrace with a nice view of the city was the best way to start the day.

I enjoyed my stay very much. The airport pick-up worked perfectly and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The roof top terrace is a definite strong point. I would stay at Avalon again.

Lovely owner, good location.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Belgium

I've stayed here twice and was intending to stay at a cheaper place for my 3rd time in ktm, but will be at Avalon House. Main reason is the staff.. They are very helpful and friendly. The view from the rooftop is very nice and the breakfast in the mornings is tasty and filling. There are other places close by for cheaper but price isn't always the most important factor.

• 16th Sep 2014

Avalon House is a quiet hotel near the touristic place Thamel. The owner Saput is a very friendly and helpful. He picked me up at the airport and gave me information of famous spots in Kathmandu. At Avalon House I had breakfast every morning at the roof terrace with amazing view of the area and even the monkey temple! I already know where I will stay next time in Kathmandi: Avalon House!

A great place to stay when in Katmandu... Saput and his staff are very helpful and attentive... location is ideal and definitely a recommendation for somewhere close to all the action of Thamel but quiet enough to escape if you want to

Amazing staff, always attentive and will help you with everything you need.

The best part of Avalon house is the staff - from start to finish everyone was accommodating and helpful. They helped us organize flights to pokhara and we ended up staying here again when we returned to Kathmandu. We'd both highly recommend it. The one thing is that the shower is sometimes tepid, not hot, but this is a problem in many places in Nepal. David

Nice hostel. Sapur, the manager, will help you with all the tours you want. He is very helpful. Thank you so much for everything Sapur.

I stayed here on 2 separate occasions, which should tell you something about my experience with Avalon House. Both times, I arranged for the $5 airport pickup through Saput, the owner. Saput is a total class act, and it was a pleasure getting to spend some time talking with him. The hostel is as close as it gets to Thamel, without the noise and craziness that Thamel brings. I really cannot think of anything bad to say about this place. Overall, awesome experience!

staffs are very nice and helpful!! i left my bags there for 8 days with no problem!!! and the roof top is really nice and it's quiet at night too!!

• 20th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

카트만두에 며칠씩 있을때 이용하는 호텔입니다. 사장님. 사풋씨가 아주 정직하고 친절하니 네팔 여행에 필요한 많은정보를 얻을수있을겁니다. 타멜 지역이나 꽤 조용하고, 아침까지 포함이니 옥상에서 꼭 드시길. 아발론 호텔 강추합니다.

Really saved on bathroom space. Much better bathroom can be planned Also towels could have been much cleaner. We had to use our own towels as we simply couldn't trust the looks of the towel provided by the hostel Could have connected atleast one powerpoint to inverter/power backup so that we could recharge our phones and other electronics

Based on the reviews of other travellers, I expected quite something of this place. My experience was very different. My room was not very clean, there were spots on the sheets and the carpet was dirty and dusty. The foam matresses were very very thin, I have bruises on my hips because I was basically lying on a wooden frame. In the evening, there is very friendly and helpful securtiy guy, but at night the door is locked with a big lock. If there's a fire, you're trapped Very noisy neighbourhood