Avalon House KTM

9.0
Superb 424 Total Reviews

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
2nd Mar 2017

Wonderful, clean, safe hotel with fantastic rooftop terrace. Extremely efficient and kind staff. Best hotel in Thamel in this price range, very good value. Thank you Avalon team.

• Brazil, Female, 31-40
18th Feb 2017

Very nice hotel, room was very clean and big with hot water and tv. Mr. Sapout, the owner is very nice man and helped us to organize our trip. Breakfast included.

• Czech Republic, Male, 31-40
14th Feb 2017

Comfortable accomodation near Thamel. Continental breakfast and hot shower. Superb staff - very friendly and always helpful. You will get all information you need. The hotel is secured 24/7 but still it is situated in a quiet location. You will sleep tightly here. So if you look for above-average quality for a reasonable price, or if you just want to go for sure when new in Nepal, Avalon House is a good choice.

29th Jan 2017

I had a relaxing time during my stay at the Avalon. The staffs were helpful, especially Mr. Saput ,who went above and beyond to assist my basic needs. The place is located on a quiet street half a block from busy Thamel market place. The roof deck terrace is nice for a beer or two. I highly recommend this place.

25th Jan 2017
7.4

Personal was good except the night one. The last night I stayed I wanted to take a shower but there was not hot water. The staff of the night didn't even try to solve this problem. He told me to wait until next morning but there wasn't.

21st Jan 2017

Staff was very helpful and kind. All in all it was good the room was really cold. I did ask for a second blanket which helped a lot. Hot water yes and wifi was reliable.

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2017

I really loved the stay. The rooftop view with free breakfast is the best thing I enjoyed everyday. I asked them for the airport pickup, but then I got lost in the airport, and they waited for me 1hr 30min!!! T.T Mr.Sajut is so welcoming and he managed me taxi to bahktapur. If you are looking for a stay in Kathmandu, you should really stay in Avalon hostel.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Dec 2016

Avalon was a wonderful accommodation. A peaceful refuge from the buzz of Thamel. The view from the terrace is breathtaking- an inspiring to think, relax and read. The staff were very accommodating and warm, they made me feel very comfortable.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
29th Nov 2016

perfect Hostel; friendly staff

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

Thank you for a lovely stay! The hostel is very clean with great modern facilities. The staff were very welcoming and hospitable - I especially thank them for preparing an early breakfast for us when we had to catch the early tourist bus... they even brought it up to our room!