Avalon House KTM Reviews

Lekhnath Marg, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Amazing staff, always attentive and will help you with everything you need.

The best part of Avalon house is the staff - from start to finish everyone was accommodating and helpful. They helped us organize flights to pokhara and we ended up staying here again when we returned to Kathmandu. We'd both highly recommend it. The one thing is that the shower is sometimes tepid, not hot, but this is a problem in many places in Nepal. David

Nice hostel. Sapur, the manager, will help you with all the tours you want. He is very helpful. Thank you so much for everything Sapur.

I stayed here on 2 separate occasions, which should tell you something about my experience with Avalon House. Both times, I arranged for the $5 airport pickup through Saput, the owner. Saput is a total class act, and it was a pleasure getting to spend some time talking with him. The hostel is as close as it gets to Thamel, without the noise and craziness that Thamel brings. I really cannot think of anything bad to say about this place. Overall, awesome experience!

staffs are very nice and helpful!! i left my bags there for 8 days with no problem!!! and the roof top is really nice and it's quiet at night too!!

• 20th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

카트만두에 며칠씩 있을때 이용하는 호텔입니다. 사장님. 사풋씨가 아주 정직하고 친절하니 네팔 여행에 필요한 많은정보를 얻을수있을겁니다. 타멜 지역이나 꽤 조용하고, 아침까지 포함이니 옥상에서 꼭 드시길. 아발론 호텔 강추합니다.

Really saved on bathroom space. Much better bathroom can be planned Also towels could have been much cleaner. We had to use our own towels as we simply couldn't trust the looks of the towel provided by the hostel Could have connected atleast one powerpoint to inverter/power backup so that we could recharge our phones and other electronics

• 13th May 2014
  • India

Based on the reviews of other travellers, I expected quite something of this place. My experience was very different. My room was not very clean, there were spots on the sheets and the carpet was dirty and dusty. The foam matresses were very very thin, I have bruises on my hips because I was basically lying on a wooden frame. In the evening, there is very friendly and helpful securtiy guy, but at night the door is locked with a big lock. If there's a fire, you're trapped Very noisy neighbourhood

Saput and all the staff are very friendly and helpful. Location is perfect if you like to stay away from the busy streets of Thamel. I booked a couple of nights then went trecking. Came back and stayed again because I really like here. Thank you for the nice hospitality. Very recommended. :)

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

I forgot reply to the email of the hostel to pick up .So I find the place difficult, but a lot of Neplis help us to calling them.The view of the hostel is very well, I sat at the garden of rooftop,wrote post card to my friend,sunset,nice view,nice feeling.

Quiet place but close to Thamel (just cross one street). Friendly staff, good breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms and all the help you need (trek, Chitwan, buses,...).

I highly reccomand this guesthouse, the owner and everyone working here couldn be more friendly. They help you with everything and they make you feel at home all the time. The location is perfect as it is central (at the end of Thamel), but very quiet. I loved my stay at Avalon! If in Kathmandu again I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again. Many thanks to Saput and his team.

Ive stayed here before and came back for a reason, staff are great, nice breakfast, great location, good value for money and very secure, will be recommending this guesthouse to all I know visiting kathmandu . .

The hospitality of Mr Saput (the boss of Avalon house) and his team of staff is very commendable. They go all the way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. He also make excellent ground arrangements at a very reasonable rate for my stay in kathmandu as well as Chitwan and Pohkara. He even call me to make sure that i am received well by the guest houses in Chitwan and Pohkara. His son will also be able to guide you if you want to do trekking. Just send him an email stating your requirements

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia
  • Couple, 41+

Saput the owner is a gentleman and booked my mountain flight and onward travel at a great price, airport transfer is also very convenient. They serve a decent breakfast as well.I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Fantastic home away from home. A great place to stay and you are made to feel as if you are family they help you with arrangements, store your luggage whilst you go off trekking a really great place to stay. The breakfast on the rooftop is a great way to start the day. The lovely security person who greats you each evening along with the happy attitude of all the staff members makes the stay wonderful. A lovely quiet place in a terrific location. We are so glad that we found them. Thank you

Pleasant stay!