Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great hostel! Thank u!

Great value and location spot on

The location and the staff are great. I spent a few days in a dorm in January and the room was freezing.

Such a lovely atmosphere and staff always happy to help...came for two days and stayed a week.great mix of tourists and live in residents ....David and Marin from the Avalon room are so kind and helpful to all guests that i thought they worked here. Thank you Tracy

• 17th Jan 2015

Clean and good staffs. moreover location of house is perfect. It's easy to any campuses in Dublin

• 15th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Rooms were really cold, heating was not sufficient.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

One of the best I've stayed in, great fun thank u

Was freezing cold no heating in the room... Had time activated showers that were short. Bunk beds in our private room expected better

• 9th Jan 2015

They need to do something about the plumbing as the noise from pipes kept me awake, also had someone knocking on my door early in the morning, but overall it's not a bad spot and is in a good location

great place always come back her !

Green security light on the ceiling just above the beds. Impossible to get darkness to sleep. The window sound isolation was very poor. All outside sounds are heard in the room. All plumbing sounds are heard very loud.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Was pretty good. I've been to better hostels in my life but I've also been to worse. It's worth the money though because the clientele is generally pretty cool and there are a lot of places just around the corner to Avalon so the location is prime. Check it out :)

Cheap hostel, good location. Bad heating in the whole building, it was really cold. In one of two bathrooms on first floor are no mirrors over the washbasin. Too little power stations. No locker in bedroom, only downstairs.

It wasn't a fun and friendly hostel like advertised, the majority of people who were there lived in the hostel and got annoyed when people entered the room later than when they went to bed. The staff knew little about the local area, such as cheap places to go and eat. It was a bed and that was literally it.

• 29th Dec 2014

I just wanted to add my personal thanks, because even though we had a situation; you were really fantastic and I felt protected. THANK YOU! and keep up the good work :)

• 29th Dec 2014

I recommend this place to someone who's looking for a cheap place to stay in for a couple of nights but it's not a good place to hang around in. The common areas are too small so getting a comfortable place to sit in is tricky. Would benefit being cleaner and more comfortable. PS : Check out at 10am after NYE was tough. My friend and I had an old guy in our room that did his best to keep us awake until close to 6am. (noise, banging the door, threatening us)...

Everything okay about hostel

• Croatia

The heat didn't work, we report that and nobody fixed it.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Stayed in a twin private over Christmas, room was pretty small but can't complain for the price,clean, nice place, friendly staff, good wi-fi, good location. Would stay there again

The hostel needs baskets under the bunks, not just the cages on the main floor available for extra money. Guests are financially strapped and shouldn't have to pay extra to secure their clothes, phones, etc. Guests were all worried about their things being stolen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7