Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The staff were lovely and extremely helpful. It was my first experience of staying in a hostel and I will definitely be back again. Thanks Melanie

• 21st Aug 2015

Extremely small rooms..could even breath at night. But breakfast was good.

I have travelled around many countries in europe. It is the first time I need to pay for storage...it is completely stupid. 2 euros per day for a locker...this should be free....and I had to change room twice...so it is not my choice...ridiculous...but thhe lady at the desk was super nice.

Central Hostel , clean rooms , nice staff , free maps , free breakfast , free internet

• 17th Aug 2015

Free breakfast was really good. The common kitchen is huge and very busy; also there are two common areas, ping pong, a library shelf, and four computers available to access the internet. The staff were always accommodating and helped me charge my phone every day (since I lost my converter). No lockers were in the rooms, though, and the shower was beyond weird - ours drained so slow that it flooded the shared toilet when you used it.

The Hostel was clean, well located for all the amenities and tourist attractions and very quiet during the night, so a good nights sleep! The staff were helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable on the attractions Dublin had to offer. The age range of the guests were broad, which meant that the hostel was not a party house and everyone respected the needs of the other guest. I would highly recommend Avalon House.

• 14th Aug 2015

Good clean hostel About a 10min walk from town centre Single room was good value for money only it could have had a thicker/bigger mattress.

Everything was OK, the position of the hostel is great, the only little problem was the bed: we have not a matrimonial one but two single in a very very very (..) small room. But considered the city it's justifiable.

A lot of noise during the night. Impossible to sleep!

• 12th Aug 2015

It was my first time in a hostel and it was a wonderful experience.

• 12th Aug 2015

I slept in a dorm of 24, it was okay, seems to be more locals staying there instead of backpackers though.

I was happy with my stay, staff were very friendly. You can rent a locker for 2 euro a day which was very good.

Best staff, often changing the sheets, everything is clean.I am very pleased.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Croatia

Spent really great time there Knew a lot of people from all over the The breakfast was quite good, and full of food Try it, you won't regret

• 7th Aug 2015

Bathrooms are too little for the Avalon room, it is too small when we are more than 3 or 4.

• 6th Aug 2015

I was only here for one night as a friend let me stay for rest of the weekend but this hostel was amazing and I would highly recommend. The rooms are set out so well, toilets were very clean, cafe next door does excellent reasonable breakfast!

Close to bars, St. Stephens green and shopping. Staff very friendly. Was in a 12 bed dorm which was a bit tight. There was a loft w four beds which has a bit more space than the downstairs.

if you want to use the lift, forget it! I have been twice and it only works two hours per day if you are lucky. The cleaning and the breakfast could be most better.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Spain

The hostel is nice , the facilities are clean , the reception staff always friendly and helpful . The coffee shop is new and looks very nice , the staff is smiling all the time :) . The hostel is happy place , i will be back for sure :D

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

This location is wonderful, just down the street from all the main attractions and bars in Dublin. The staff were all wonderful and very helpful with arranging tours and letting you know what is happening in the area. The rooms are cheap which is great if you are on a budget. I stayed in the 24 bed room and I noticed that the majority of my room mates were male, I didn't have a problem with that but just as a warning to others who might be uncomfortable with 20 around in their underwear.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7