8.1
Fabulous 7,311 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 7,311 Total Reviews
Avalon House Located at 55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin.
Ireland
Dublin 55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2
81% 7311
53.3394193 -6.2661767
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
28th Sep 2016
4.6

Upon entering the hostel, I was welcomed by a strong odor that was rather unpleasant. After checking in, I found that every floor and/or room that I entered would greet me with another unfriendly odor, which was not pleasing. The wifi was poor, if it even existed and comparable to that of the connection available in the dark ages. The staff had little knowledge of the city and how to get around. Didn't seem eager to help. The locker layout was poor/dirty. Wouldn't put my gerbil in it

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Sep 2016

Very reasonably priced hostel with a great location. Within 7 mins of wall of many attractions and bars. Small but clean rooms and great value for money, we loved our stay!

• India, Male, 25-30
25th Sep 2016

Best holiday hostel , Helpful and friendly staff , the breakfast is basic but you can have a delicious Irish breakfast in the coffee shop for less then a €10 . Rooms and bathrooms are cleaned , they use air freshers that smell very good .

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
25th Sep 2016

Cool Staff and clean rooms

• Canada, Female, 31-40
24th Sep 2016
6.0

Common areas were cozy and accommodating. Breakfast was toast and cereal. Clean bedsheets, pillow non-existent, 2 electric outlets in room for 4 people. I was placed in room with 3 guys, as a single female, NOT comfortable. The guys turned out to be alright, but I ran into 2 other guys in the elevator, drunk out of their mind, and I would not sleep in the same room with them. When I brought this up I was told the computer does the allocation. That's it. I would not stay here again.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
24th Sep 2016

Super friendly staff , clean beds and very nice breakfast . The cages under the bed is not a good idea , if the person is doing the check-out in the middle of the night .

• omermozdemir1214
  • Turkey, Male, 31-40
23rd Sep 2016
7.4

I think hostel manegement had better put a bag cage under doorm bed like sohostel london. Also breakfast has no diversity. I think its breakfast is really weak. Bed and room were confortable eventhough 8-person doorm room. Totaly its fine but there are something to improve a little bit more. Thats all.

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
23rd Sep 2016
7.4

I understand it´s a big operation and therefore a bit mechanical but apart from one or two very staff members I found it very impersonal. They were reeming off the same blurb to everyone in the queue in a monotonous way. The room was tiny and the beds not great for the money you pay which is more than I´´ve ever paid for a hostel (granted it`´´s Ireland). It´s a good location, it´s safe, it´s clean, it´s fine but not cosy in my opinion. Maybe that´s impòssible for a hostel of it´s size.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016

The Best Hostel

18th Sep 2016
7.1

It was a great hostel, staff were all super nice. No lockers in the rooms though. They were all down in the game room area.. Which didn't make sense to me. Super chill in the hostel was real nice for my last few days in Dublin