Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Love , love , love this place The staff is lovely and the place is nice decorated , funky style . The corridors are lovely and the posters are amazing . The rooms are clean and tidy , fresh look . Great atmosphere and good location

• 27th May 2015
  • Hungary

Probably one of the most terrible bed I ever sleep in.

Location is the best thing about this Hostel. 5mins walk from temple bar, No16 bus stops outside hostel and goes directly to Airport. The Hostel was everything you expect for cheap weekend accommodation. We had a twin room with a shared bathroom, spotless with really comfy bed and bedding. (2nd pillow would have been nice). The only thing I didn't like was shared bathroom, it was mixed sex.

• 26th May 2015

The main problem was the wifi, which was just really bad in the room. Other than that the room was pretty nice, the location is goof and the staff was friendly whenever we talked to them.

It was the smallest room I've ever stayed in and the bed was quite uncomfortable, squeaking with every move. It was quite expensive, but I guess I paid for convenience of location and privacy. Very helpful staff.

• 24th May 2015

We got stuck in the lift in Avalon House between floors 2 & 3, pressed the emergency button, nothing. . there were 6 people in the lift, 2 of who were starting to have panic attacks, at this stage my boyfriend and I had 2 try to open the doors of the lift and get everyone out. We managed this, at no time did anyone who worked in the hostel come to the lift and check we were ok. Not once did anyone who worked there attempt to do anything. Who knows how long we would have been stuck if we waited!

If you're looking for a party this probably isn't the place. Overall it was alright.

excellent stay

Great place with very good rates! If you look for a clean place and quite place, in City Center with good service and very nice staff, you've come to the right place. Really appreciate the help from the staff at any hour. For sure, worth returning to it ;)

• 15th May 2015
  • Romania

The hostel was good, had everything you need. Decent breakfast included and wifi in the rooms. Unisex bathrooms were a downfall for me though.

Very nice breakfast, very clean, a bit noisy

Best accommodation , great location , helpful staff , clean rooms.

• 14th May 2015

We spent a great moment on Avalon House. The room and the bathroom were very clean. We had to booked our trip to Connemera directly from the Avalon House. We are very closed to all momunents of the city and specially closed to Temple bar so we had to enjoy Nights of Dublin. Thanks to the all employees of the House for Their kindness.

• 13th May 2015

Enjoyed our stay at Avalon House, Dublin! Our room was neat and clean. We felt very safe there. And the free breakfast was an added blessing! 😊.

• 11th May 2015

This place would have been excellent, but unfortunatelly WIFI inside room 205 did not work and these days without internet one can't do necessary tasks.

Love staying at Avalon house. Close enough to the night club scene but far enough from temple bar so prices for pubs and food aren't super high. Within walking distance to temple bar and you could literally hop to harcourt street. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Prices could be a bit better.

I loved the location of this hostel. It was extremely easy to get anywhere in the city, and I also enjoyed the included walking tour lead by Louis. The hostel was clean and organized with friendly staff, but the only problem I found was not really being able to sleep because of the 24 person room not having blinds on the skylight windows and all of those people coming in and out at all times.

I like there's a pool table in the hostel for people to play :) The room is so clean but it's better to include lockers in the room, as it's somehow troublesome to go to the hostel lobby everytime to take your own stuff.

Showers could use additional hangers for clothes and/or towels. I liked my room, but it would be great if it had some hooker/shelf for upper bed to leave phone or book during the night. Also none of the light switchers worked other then main (near door). I`m not sure if that is on purpose. I will nevertheless recommend Avalon to everyone who travels to Dublin.

• 8th May 2015
  • Croatia

Lovely hostel. Great atmosphere. I phoned for directions from Eustace St. and the young man wasn't familiar enough with the area to set me on my way, but I got there. Very clean and tidy. Staff friendly and helpful. Completely different from my own hostel, An Stór in Midleton. Great breakfast in the Bold Barista.( Didn't bother with the toast and weetabix.)

• 6th May 2015