Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel was good, had everything you need. Decent breakfast included and wifi in the rooms. Unisex bathrooms were a downfall for me though.

Very nice breakfast, very clean, a bit noisy

Best accommodation , great location , helpful staff , clean rooms.

• 14th May 2015

We spent a great moment on Avalon House. The room and the bathroom were very clean. We had to booked our trip to Connemera directly from the Avalon House. We are very closed to all momunents of the city and specially closed to Temple bar so we had to enjoy Nights of Dublin. Thanks to the all employees of the House for Their kindness.

• 13th May 2015

This place would have been excellent, but unfortunatelly WIFI inside room 205 did not work and these days without internet one can't do necessary tasks.

Love staying at Avalon house. Close enough to the night club scene but far enough from temple bar so prices for pubs and food aren't super high. Within walking distance to temple bar and you could literally hop to harcourt street. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Prices could be a bit better.

I loved the location of this hostel. It was extremely easy to get anywhere in the city, and I also enjoyed the included walking tour lead by Louis. The hostel was clean and organized with friendly staff, but the only problem I found was not really being able to sleep because of the 24 person room not having blinds on the skylight windows and all of those people coming in and out at all times.

I like there's a pool table in the hostel for people to play :) The room is so clean but it's better to include lockers in the room, as it's somehow troublesome to go to the hostel lobby everytime to take your own stuff.

Showers could use additional hangers for clothes and/or towels. I liked my room, but it would be great if it had some hooker/shelf for upper bed to leave phone or book during the night. Also none of the light switchers worked other then main (near door). I`m not sure if that is on purpose. I will nevertheless recommend Avalon to everyone who travels to Dublin.

• 8th May 2015
  • Croatia

Lovely hostel. Great atmosphere. I phoned for directions from Eustace St. and the young man wasn't familiar enough with the area to set me on my way, but I got there. Very clean and tidy. Staff friendly and helpful. Completely different from my own hostel, An Stór in Midleton. Great breakfast in the Bold Barista.( Didn't bother with the toast and weetabix.)

• 6th May 2015

El hostel está muy bueno y bien ubicado, me encanta esta zona de Dublin. Para llegar al 100% le faltarían pequeñas cosas como colocar más enchufes en los cuartos, que no alcanzan para todos, y cambiar el modo en que se sirve el papel higiénico en los baños, es muy incómodo! Ah y es verdad lo de los ruidos que han comentado otros. Los pisos parecen estar construido sobre madera vieja que cruje cada vez que alguien va caminando, pero dentro de todo no me afectó esto.

Very good hostel with an awesome localization, the bedrooms and toilets were very clean and tidy. The only problem for me was that the bed made noise with minor movement. Overall I really recommend this hostel.

I liked the place. Very good for the money.

Good hostel overall, fun atmosphere, bit further from popular bars but still within walking distance. Fairly clean and well maintained. One thing that was weird to me was single room for M/F washroom and showers; individual stalls with locks but still different.

If you are with a group of friends and don't want to associate with anyone else, than this place is for you! However, if you were like me, and travelling alone, than this is not the place for you to stay. The hostel puts on walking tours in the morning and afternoon, but at night they rarely have any events or get togethers in the common room. Everyone pretty much kept to themselves and I only was able to meet and talk with my roommates and one other person.

• 27th Apr 2015

good hostel but kitchen was pretty dirty and wifi keeps cutting in and out where ever you are

Besides some minor things (like: kitchen closing at 10p.m, the staff taking the tablets away in the middle of the night and the showers not having a way to select temperature) I pretty enjoyed my staying at Avalon House. It's well situated, the breakfast is good, I felt safe and everything was clean.

Hi, I stayed at the Avalon House for a couple of nights. I´d like to recommend the fixing or refurbishing of the showers on the fourth floor and also to have more female rooms available: I had to share my room with males because there´s only one female room. As for the breakfast, some more food could be included. The staff was excellent. Laura.

Everything was brilliant.. The staff was always smiley, amazing, and helpful and the place was fine

Wonderful stay. Well run hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7