Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

They charge a 2euro fee to pay with a card if it is under 20e, which I have never experienced anywhere else.

The room was tiny. The shower didn't work properly

Rooms were quite small.

Free breakfast is very very poor! I think you should add some ham, cheese, boiled eggs etc. Only 2 plugs in a room for 12 are not enough. Only this, all the rest is ok i love this place and my friends too

• 6th Aug 2014

Toiletts and showers were really old and not that clean. The room was so small you couldn't really move. Besides best breakfast I had in a hostel in Ireland.

Toilet facilities in room were not good - no seat. Not enough outlets. Luggage room was damp (more than damp, wet) and smelly. Breakfast mediocre but included, so hard to fault. Room was very warm at night and a lot of street noise. Location good, bus just outside.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Just perfect for students!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Loved our stay at Avalon House. Great facilities, near to many things to do in Dublin, but not in the center of the Temple Bar madness. Great pub right across the street. Great free breakfast with in-house cafe if you want something more filling. Lockers for rent if you need them (downstairs in a room with security cameras). Our room with 2 bunk beds was cramped but good for a quick stay.

Great location, helpful staff, awesome coffee shop and one of the best hostels we have stayed at on this vacation. Thank you!

The shower was awefull. Keep pressing that 5 second button to get just a little of water to come out from that pipe! Also the hot water is flowing and all of a suden it gets cold and you have to wait a while until it gets warm again. And don't forget to keep pressing that 5 second button or the water stops! Other than that the room seemed all clean and the beds weren't bad. So in the end I have to give the facilities the "poor" grade for that. I value my money, but not in a cheap way.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It is a great hostel, indeed. Perfect location, very cheap, nice breakfast, helpful staff (and cute, haha) and good facilities plus it's SUPER CLEAN! The bathrooms are unisex, so it can be quite annoying sometimes. I wish I could have stayed there a little longer!

4-bed dorm was the smallest I've seen yet. Staff are so great, they'll do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable! Only a few steps from the bus stop. Hostel organizes a lot of events. Spacious kitchen and common area.

Location is good, walking distance to many places of interests. However showers are weak, and there are no lockers in the room. Also, staying opposite the toilet could be disturbing if you are a light sleeper. The space from the lower bunk to the upper bunk is also not a lot, so I had to slouch when I wanted to sit in bed.

Uber friendly staff throughout my stay. Really homely with lots of information about Dublin and surrounding areas. Café was reasonably priced with lovely food and coffee to go. Showers had hot water (hurray).

Everything was fine. Really enjoyed our stay will b back to stay again if we are ever back in dublin.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

my bed allocation allocation was not changed despite me pointing out that there were bottom bunks free. I was told it couldn't be changed. The bunks were vacant the following morning. The hostel replied to my email about it saying that the beds were allocated. Allocations can be changed prior to arrival....I didn't arrive till after 11pm

Hostel does the job, clean and tidy, pretty well located. Only issue was the slow service to check in, I understand that some times are busier than others but to take payment and give out a swipe card shouldn't take as long as it did.

• 26th Jul 2014

We stayed in room nr 419. There were no bedside lamps, only a lamp in the roof. Thats making it hard tol lay in bed and reed, yoy get the light in the eye instead for in the book. A couple of wall hooks sould also make it easier to not hav all clothes and towels on the floor or on the bed. On the whole it was a fine and clean room.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Fine , there were some British dudes who made our room and the one across the hall their personal frat, but that's not the hostels fault. Breakfast was ok, and the hostel aver all was just that, ok

The staff were so helpful and kind! I had a great stay and would definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7