Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

First of all I felt very safe in this hostel - it was clean and the staff competent. The only tiny little I would have liked is a more of humour or easy going atmosphere, but I know the experiences a lot of quer situations ... How ever ... I can highly recommend this hostel.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Always our first choice to spend the first night, before exploring Ireland. You can get there from the Airport by Bus 16 for 3,05€ each. It is good located and the staff is verry helpfull. They also do have lockers for yout luggages. Nice rooms.

• 15th Jul 2014

We felt the breakfast was poor compared to other hostels we had been to in Ireland

Not enough clean Small showers

stayed only one night, but with all comfort you expect out of hostel. Rooms were clean and staff very pleasant. I was lucky to meet nice girls in a 4 bed dorm. And I love Bold Barista Cafe :) WOuld come back anytime.

Perfect hostel!!! This is one of the famous hostel in Europe - and it is a reason why - it is a nice place regarding everything! Thanks for a nice stay. Next time in Dublin I will without dobut choose yout!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Everything was okay, but 1 Point shocked us at little bit. At our leaving day we took the sheets off and the look of the quilts and the pillows was not pretty. There were huge revolting stains.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

I was happy with my stay; my only complaint would be that the plumbing for the sinks in each room is REALLY loud. It was very obnoxious especially because some people use the sinks late at night and early in the morning when others are trying to sleep.

• 5th Jul 2014

You get what you pay for- largest room gets rather warm in the middle of the night, and the security is a little lacking- just make sure to bring along your own lock, but the location is close to the center of the city and easy to find

• 3rd Jul 2014

It took a ridiculous amount of time to check in which was very frustrating, but besides that I enjoyed my stay there.

Room was tiny, but spotless, which was fine as all I was doing there was sleeping anyway. Max ten minutes walk to the city centre, so very convenient. Corridor outside the room was very quiet when I was there (midweek). I left before breakfast. One thing, there was a very bright LED light illuminating the fire exit sign, which I was ok with because I always sleep with a sleeping mask anyway— if you don't have one and you need the dark to sleep, that could be a problem. Otherwise it's fine.

Overall a great hostel providing everything you need and more. The staff is fantastic, and the atmosphere is laid back and really fun.

Overall a good place. Fantastic breakfast. Just felt like it was filled with teens who were really annoying

great chilled out atmosphere

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

The coffeebar downstairs is a really great add-on. Creates a good atmosphere. Meeting new people has been more easy in some other hostels.

Avalon house was a good choice as I was going to concert in marley park and buses were very handy near hostel

Really amazing and fun place to stay. Good balance of privacy and opportunity for party and socializing.

Nice hostel, good location and great facilities. Nice café.

The staff at this hostel are 2nd to none, they are very friendly, helpful and professional. I can't say what other dorms are like but the larger ones are too small for how many people are supposed to sleep in them. And the rooms are very stuffy.

i had asked for a bottom bed but was not allocated one. The eceptionist kindly changed it which meant i could have been allocated it in the beginning. When i had arrived to check in around 11 am i was told i couldn't check in until 2pm. However, while i waited in the reception area, i saw another person being checked in immediately.....

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7