Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Overall very good. Only wish hostel would have notices asking clients to leave quietly early mornings for flights, coaches etc.

• 6th Sep 2014

Great location. Private room was large for a hostel and clean. Staff were very friendly.

The coolest, most relaxed place that I've ever lived in.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • India

The location is great, we couldn't sleep for two nights due to a group of youngsters (students?) who ran down the corridor screaming for hours. The ensuite bathroom is really small and when you shower you flood the place. Considered the price we expected a bit more.

Nice stay. Would not recommend for the solo traveler though as tough to meet people.

Good hostel, comes with kitchen to cook. Right near St. Stephens green and city centre as well as walking distance to many pubs. Bathrooms are coed though.

I stayed in a private room, which was small but clean and pleasant. I was only there one night but I would happily have stayed longer.

The staff was fantastic about answering all types of questions. The room was exactly what we expected and very clean, but the shower curtain was super smelly and if that small (cheap) change was made, the room would have been perfect for what we paid.

• 28th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here plus it's only meters away from my favorite club

• 24th Aug 2014

I don't really like the mixed bathrooms but everything else was great as always.

great hostel, central location in Dublin. Everything you need you will find at Avalon House. Some rooms are a bit tiny. ;) The beds are too short for me. (2.03m tall person ^^ )

• 21st Aug 2014

They charge a 2euro fee to pay with a card if it is under 20e, which I have never experienced anywhere else.

The room was tiny. The shower didn't work properly

Rooms were quite small.

The self catering kitchen closes too early

• 10th Aug 2014

There were more than enough toilets and showers for the number of people who stayed in the hostel. And I really liked the common room where you could use the tablet, wifi, sofas and at the reception they even had a mobile phone charger i could borrow. The staff was very kind and friendly. It was a nice stay and it was a pity that it was fully booked for the next week, when i was back in Dublin.

• 7th Aug 2014

Free breakfast is very very poor! I think you should add some ham, cheese, boiled eggs etc. Only 2 plugs in a room for 12 are not enough. Only this, all the rest is ok i love this place and my friends too

• 6th Aug 2014

Toiletts and showers were really old and not that clean. The room was so small you couldn't really move. Besides best breakfast I had in a hostel in Ireland.

I stayed in a room on the 1st floor. Immediately when you come onto the floor you are greeted with a smell of sweat and stuffiness. The room was a split level room with 8 beds downstairs and 8 upstairs. A small room, cramped, one socket, no chairs at all, and I'm not sure how the room passes fire saefty regulations for it's size!? Downstairs, one member of staff was quite rude telling me the kitchen was closed (when I knew this) and was just looking through the glass.I would not stay here again.

Toilet facilities in room were not good - no seat. Not enough outlets. Luggage room was damp (more than damp, wet) and smelly. Breakfast mediocre but included, so hard to fault. Room was very warm at night and a lot of street noise. Location good, bus just outside.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7