Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I paid €30 a night and the hostel was just Ok

The beds were hard and uncomfortable and the staff was rude.

• 24th Jul 2015

It was great for what we paid, but the building was so loud at night my friends and I were not able to get any sleep. I saw signs for quiet hours, but this was not enforced.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Really well placed for a hostel , the bus stop outside at the corner . The power sockets are near the bed , clean facilities and lift is a blessing if you are on the 4th floor.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Iceland

A very nice hostel near the heart of Dublin. The rooms are tiny but the beds are comfy, so there was no problem. I appreciated the card locks on most of the doors, it feels safe. The common room is lovely and the wifi is ok. The only thing I didn't like were the lockers downstair which you had to pay for - usually there are lockers in the room, so you have your things safe and near you. Would recommend!

A really good and friendly place to stay. One girl at the reception is not too friendly, but all the other staff are grand!! :-)

Made a last minute booking here only to have a transit problem hours later. Kindly requested to revise the booking but was greeted with policy statements and unhelpful staff.

The luggage will charge 2 euros.

Everyone was very friendly and the kitchen was a great size and was always clean. I would stay here again. I just wish the rooms for 4 people were slightly bigger and the beds less noisy.

• 12th Jul 2015

Good Hostel with great location , quite rooms , clean beds , fresh look for young people , friendly atmosphere and helpful staff .

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Russia

The showers on the fourth floor had a funny smell besides that everything was good

• 11th Jul 2015

Good location. They are about a 20 minute walk from the bus station. Plenty of showers and big common spaces. Lots of info on things to do while you are here. Wifi needs to be improved as it barely worked in the room. I enjoyed my stay here.

I was not overly impressed. no plugins at my bunk in the Avalon room. The room was very stuffy and loud with street noise. also the free internet access ends at eleven. The vibe was not very open for a solo traveller and I actually ended up only staying for three nights instead of six. overall I wouldn't really recommend this place.

Great deal for the money and very close to the famous Temple Bar district. Bus stop right by the hostel, and everything you will want to go to is within a 20-25 minute walk. 24 bed hostel is definitely very different, but it is a good deal and a clean secure place with helpful staff. Would recommend!

I stayed in the 24 person dorm because it was incredibly inexpensive. I was slightly worried about how sleeping around 23 other people would be, but I had absolutely no problems. The people in the room were fairly considerate about noise levels, and the room itself was very clean. I really enjoyed the atmosphere downstairs and the staff was very helpful with anything we needed. All in all, I was very happy with our stay and will definitely recommend this hostel to others!

I really liked Avalon House. If I come back to Dublin I want to stay in Avalon and I'll recommend to others people.

Wonderful hostel! The location is perfect: just far enough from Temple Bar to feel like you are going home at the night of the night, but close enough to all the main attractions to be able to walk everywhere. Everything, from the giant kitchen to the clean rooms were amazing. But above all, I fell in love with the beautiful and friendly staff. Go to Avalon House!

• 6th Jul 2015

I arrived late at night - 1:00 am - and I couldn't easily find the hostel. I did find the Avalon Bar (closed), but I was not that clever to look up in the small street on the right, where the entrance of the hostel is :) you should maybe put a luminous indication above the entrance, so that tired backpackers find it more easily:)

• 6th Jul 2015

Clean, safe rooms with very friendly staff. I only stayed a few days--my first time at a hostel--and was really impressed. If I hadn't caught a cold on the train to Dublin, I would have stayed longer. Avalon house is a very cool place :)

• 5th Jul 2015