Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Mi friend and me slep in a twin private ensuite with no shared shower for three nights. The cleaning service have just cleaned one day and only the bathroom. I know the place is cheap, but it requires a minimum. That´s all! Thank you!

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Spain

need to be more specious

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • India

I found the roomcard a little bit annoying because it didn't work very often. Especially at the departure day. After I went to breakfast until 9.45 am, I couldn't get into my room because the roomcard didn't work. This happend unfortunately very often.

• 18th Feb 2015

Everything was fine, only one thing I didn't like is because there is no male room.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

would recommend to others looking for a cheap place to stay for a few days. small breakfast offering (cereal, toast, etc) but with bald barista cafe right inside you could buy other things if you want. I've stayed in hostels before so I was fine with adapting to the environment but other girls in my group were uncomfortably surprised to find that the toilets accompanying the 24 person dorm were coed. so just a heads up for others! also, third floor, only 3 showers and bathroom gets messy quick.

• 13th Feb 2015

Although the showers were a good size, there were only three of them, which led to a line at busy times during the morning and at night.

• 13th Feb 2015

This hostel was very close to major attractions and the Temple Bar area, which was nice because it was a short walk back. The bathrooms are cleaned every couple of hours, so it never got too nasty. I had never stayed in a hostel before this one, and I have to say, I was impressed. I would recommend this place to others!

• 13th Feb 2015

Paid €160 for 2 nights in a 2 bed private room which looked more like a prison cell to be honest. The beds were made poorly and I'm not sure if the sheets we're even washed as there were hairs in them. It was hard to sleep at night since people come and go all the time making a lot of noise in the hall and in their rooms. The bathrooms (shared with the whole floor) didn't have hot water, the toilets we're almost always dirty and the showers felt like portable toilets you find in festivals.

• Portugal

Avalon house is very conveniently located near a bus stop and a few minutes walk from anywhere in Dublin. Stayed in the 24 mixed dorm; about what we expected. Beds were average, and didn't get much sleep from the noise. Bathrooms were average as well. Appreciated the use of the storage lockers even after we checked out. Overall, a satisfactory experience.

• 13th Feb 2015

Great place staff amazing thank u

Lovely staff and friendly atmosphere , you can feel safe and make friends very easy . We enjoyed our stay and we will come back .

Nice warm room. Stayed there for a couple of weeks and the staff were very helpful. It's on a street 3 mins from St Stephens green with lots of pubs and food choices near by

The hostel itself is very manageable, but the Avalon Room is not for travelers who are unused to the hostel environment. It was not clean.

• 11th Feb 2015

I had a very good stay at the Avalon House Hostel em Dublin, friendly environment, helpful staff, clean and safe. I highly recommend it definitely.

• 8th Feb 2015

The room was not very cleann they were old water bottles underneath one of our bed. There's no closets in the room but the worst are the showers. When you are taking your shower while others are, you almost don't get any water pressure and the window is always open, so the room is always cold. There is not enough place to hang your dry clothes while showering. The free breakfast could be improve with fruits.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

I´m still asking me: how is possible a place like a hostel, in a cold country like Ireland leave the bathroom´s windows open during the winter? WTF???!!! Are you kiding, guys? Is this a strategy to make guest take less shower? Another thing... The facilities are very nice, you spent lot´s of money in structure. Congratulations! But maybe noy is time to invest on rooms atmosphere. A least four bedrooms is awful!

We stayed at the Avalon hostel last week and had an overall unpleasant experience. We arrived late evening and the staff were slow, unresponsive, and unhelpful. The room was TINY and the bathroom was even smaller. The price for product was dissapointing and when we were looking for something to do in the evening, no one was helpful and the atmosphere was not fun. We ended up checking out a day early and still paying for our reservation. Do not stay here unless only interested in location.

Great place to stay with friends.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Spain

We have been there for 3 nights, and we have not complain at all.... Only sometimes we could hear music, but maybe it was becasuse our dorm was located over the recepcíon and they had music on 24 hours, but I request to the staff to lower the volumen and the did it inmediatly. I recommend the place!!

I choose to stay in the hostel when I'm travel to feel like home and to save money,no doubt I get all this in Avalon. The location are good and easy for me to go anywhere. The facilities are great ,they have many things to make my stay enjoyable and I never get bored. Im definitely recommend to everyone for come and stay here in Avalon,because all ur needs u will find it here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7