Avalon House

Fabulous 7589 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Feb 2017
6.9

My friend and I decided to do one more night in Dublin and wanted to stay near the city center for not too much. We stayed in the en suite double. Overall it provided what we needed for the cost. The room was really small and dark with old bathroom. For one night the en suite double was good, but wouldn't have wanted to stay too much longer given size and condition. The value and location was right.

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2017

The hostel was really great and clean. It was a very secure place. However, the wifi could get very spotty, there was no freezer in the refrigerator in the kitchen, and (I can't speak for the dorms, but regarding the budget apartment) there were only 2 outlets in a room for 4 people. Other than those things, it was a very nice stay.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
7th Feb 2017

Great Value!!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
3rd Feb 2017
7.1

I only stayed at Avalon house 1 night but it was quite nice. I was supposed to be in a 4 person room but ended up having the room all to myself as no one else checked in. This was great as I really didn't want to have to pay extra for a locker. The staff was friendly and very helpful, especially a Romanian girl behind the front desk who was kind enough to answer all my questions and direct me where to go. Only complaint really is that there was hardly anyone there so it was pretty dead.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017

Centrally located, clean and very safe. It was a great place to stay while visiting Dublin. The kitchen was out of order and the breakfast was very simple, but overall great value for money.

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
1st Feb 2017
8.0

Great location! It was very central and within walking distance to all the city-based attractions. Toilet and showers were very clean, cleaner than expected. Served it's purpose well as an accommodation.

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
27th Jan 2017

Great hostel, Everyone is friendly. The best hostel location in Dublin

24th Jan 2017

Some of the rooms are fantastic, while others are mediocre. Walls are very thin, and during the four nights we stayed at this hostel, someone woke us up at least once every night by yelling in the hallway. The location is GLORIOUS -- we were able to walk to every attraction in the city. The facilities are fine, but not great. Overall, it's probably worth the stay, but don't expect to be amazed.

22nd Jan 2017

The Avalon House is for me one of the best hostels in Dublin. I know them well, I travel to Ireland four times a year for work, they are the only suitable accommodation to my needs. I liked the Avalon House from my first stay, I found it nice and cozy and the staff welcoming. Just the kitchen seemed poor to me, run down and dark. They were refurbishing it last January, as well as other areas of the premises. I caught a fleeting glimpse of it and liked it so much that I’ll give it a 94% rating.

20th Jan 2017
8.0

Nice big hostel with cool loft style 12 bedroom dorms. Staff were very helpful in booking us a bus tour while we were there. The floors were a bit dirty on a busy weekend but not a deal-breaker. Breakfast system was a little odd sharing with the cafe next door, but the lounge space was ample and security was phenomenal.