Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Really good for families, but it isn't really good for any lonely student who wants to meet new people and hang over.

• 29th Aug 2015

We were very happy with our stay at Avalon Hose. The place had a very nice 'vibe, and the staff were very helpful - and patient! As well as other advice, on both nights the staff member on duty recommended a pub for us to go to to - and where there would be live music - and they were both excellent recommendations. Jim and Daniel.

• 27th Aug 2015

Hostel was in a great location, so much to offer as well

Nice stay , great and helpful staff and clean rooms . Lovely place to stay .

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Spain

the staff was very friendly and helpful, they helped me to book a day trip which i loved very much! thanks for everything :)

The staff were lovely and extremely helpful. It was my first experience of staying in a hostel and I will definitely be back again. Thanks Melanie

• 21st Aug 2015

Extremely small rooms..could even breath at night. But breakfast was good.

I have travelled around many countries in europe. It is the first time I need to pay for storage...it is completely stupid. 2 euros per day for a locker...this should be free....and I had to change room twice...so it is not my choice...ridiculous...but thhe lady at the desk was super nice.

Stayed for 3 nights over the week. had a private room with own bathroom on the 3rd floor. both clean. good value for money even if it was a bit small. I had just a small cabin baggage so it was fine, I would not imagine someone coming with 1 or 2 big baggages.... Had hot showers so this was perfect. the room was quiet. the hallways were clean and well decorated. the only bad thing which is very annoying is the elevator working 1 time out of 5.

Central Hostel , clean rooms , nice staff , free maps , free breakfast , free internet

• 17th Aug 2015

Free breakfast was really good. The common kitchen is huge and very busy; also there are two common areas, ping pong, a library shelf, and four computers available to access the internet. The staff were always accommodating and helped me charge my phone every day (since I lost my converter). No lockers were in the rooms, though, and the shower was beyond weird - ours drained so slow that it flooded the shared toilet when you used it.

The Hostel was clean, well located for all the amenities and tourist attractions and very quiet during the night, so a good nights sleep! The staff were helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable on the attractions Dublin had to offer. The age range of the guests were broad, which meant that the hostel was not a party house and everyone respected the needs of the other guest. I would highly recommend Avalon House.

• 14th Aug 2015

Good clean hostel About a 10min walk from town centre Single room was good value for money only it could have had a thicker/bigger mattress.

Everything was OK, the position of the hostel is great, the only little problem was the bed: we have not a matrimonial one but two single in a very very very (..) small room. But considered the city it's justifiable.

A lot of noise during the night. Impossible to sleep!

• 12th Aug 2015

It was my first time in a hostel and it was a wonderful experience.

• 12th Aug 2015

I slept in a dorm of 24, it was okay, seems to be more locals staying there instead of backpackers though.

I was happy with my stay, staff were very friendly. You can rent a locker for 2 euro a day which was very good.

Best staff, often changing the sheets, everything is clean.I am very pleased.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Croatia

Spent really great time there Knew a lot of people from all over the The breakfast was quite good, and full of food Try it, you won't regret

• 7th Aug 2015