Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Nice and clean hostel with great staff! The private twin room was really small and the beds were horrible, but overall it's a great hostel for a night or two.

Avalon House has a great vibe - staff are very friendly and super cool. I liked the house feel to this hostel. International and a wide range of ages from young to old. The rooms (private, ensuite) are small and functional, clean. I had a good stay here and was happy for the internet/wifi access throughout. The large kitchen that can be used for cooking, eating with friends. Glad they had large areas to relax and read during the day - coffee shop right next to the hostel.

• 19th Jul 2014

First of all I felt very safe in this hostel - it was clean and the staff competent. The only tiny little I would have liked is a more of humour or easy going atmosphere, but I know the experiences a lot of quer situations ... How ever ... I can highly recommend this hostel.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Austria

We had an average experience, not what we expected from the reviews. The beds were clean but extremely creaky and hard, to the point that we woke each other up during the night as we turned over in our sleep. After flying for hours it is not the first place you want to spend the night. This was the worst part of our experience. Toilets and showers were clean, but for the whole floor. Staff was helpful, decent continental breakfast. Good for single people on the road, less so for groups.

The hostel location is perfect but lack of common space makes it difficult to just relax and meet people in a casual way. The room had a serious absence of electrical sockets and with the exception of one person, all the staff i came in contact with were rude and clueless. Couldn't answer any of the questions i asked and made me feel like i was bothering them rather then them doing their jobs. The location is really good- walking distance and close to all the bars. Stay in a 12 bed dorm

Always our first choice to spend the first night, before exploring Ireland. You can get there from the Airport by Bus 16 for 3,05€ each. It is good located and the staff is verry helpfull. They also do have lockers for yout luggages. Nice rooms.

• 15th Jul 2014

We felt the breakfast was poor compared to other hostels we had been to in Ireland

Not enough clean Small showers

stayed only one night, but with all comfort you expect out of hostel. Rooms were clean and staff very pleasant. I was lucky to meet nice girls in a 4 bed dorm. And I love Bold Barista Cafe :) WOuld come back anytime.

The internet was terrible and didn't work in the rooms. The toilet leaked all night, you could hear everything going on in the hallways.

Perfect hostel!!! This is one of the famous hostel in Europe - and it is a reason why - it is a nice place regarding everything! Thanks for a nice stay. Next time in Dublin I will without dobut choose yout!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Thanks a lot to your crew! Obviously hard work but they all did their jobs very well...and always were friendly! Great!

• 6th Jul 2014

Good ambiance, great location. Walked to St Patrick church, Jameson distillerie, guiness and more. Movie nights, good wifi, two common rooms. Accepts all ages. Disliked: breakfast was very minimal (toast and cereal)

Everything was okay, but 1 Point shocked us at little bit. At our leaving day we took the sheets off and the look of the quilts and the pillows was not pretty. There were huge revolting stains.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

I was happy with my stay; my only complaint would be that the plumbing for the sinks in each room is REALLY loud. It was very obnoxious especially because some people use the sinks late at night and early in the morning when others are trying to sleep.

• 5th Jul 2014

You get what you pay for- largest room gets rather warm in the middle of the night, and the security is a little lacking- just make sure to bring along your own lock, but the location is close to the center of the city and easy to find

• 3rd Jul 2014

It took a ridiculous amount of time to check in which was very frustrating, but besides that I enjoyed my stay there.

Room was tiny, but spotless, which was fine as all I was doing there was sleeping anyway. Max ten minutes walk to the city centre, so very convenient. Corridor outside the room was very quiet when I was there (midweek). I left before breakfast. One thing, there was a very bright LED light illuminating the fire exit sign, which I was ok with because I always sleep with a sleeping mask anyway— if you don't have one and you need the dark to sleep, that could be a problem. Otherwise it's fine.

Overall a great hostel providing everything you need and more. The staff is fantastic, and the atmosphere is laid back and really fun.

Overall a good place. Fantastic breakfast. Just felt like it was filled with teens who were really annoying