Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Bathrooms are too little for the Avalon room, it is too small when we are more than 3 or 4.

• 6th Aug 2015

I was only here for one night as a friend let me stay for rest of the weekend but this hostel was amazing and I would highly recommend. The rooms are set out so well, toilets were very clean, cafe next door does excellent reasonable breakfast!

Close to bars, St. Stephens green and shopping. Staff very friendly. Was in a 12 bed dorm which was a bit tight. There was a loft w four beds which has a bit more space than the downstairs.

if you want to use the lift, forget it! I have been twice and it only works two hours per day if you are lucky. The cleaning and the breakfast could be most better.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Spain

The hostel is nice , the facilities are clean , the reception staff always friendly and helpful . The coffee shop is new and looks very nice , the staff is smiling all the time :) . The hostel is happy place , i will be back for sure :D

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

This location is wonderful, just down the street from all the main attractions and bars in Dublin. The staff were all wonderful and very helpful with arranging tours and letting you know what is happening in the area. The rooms are cheap which is great if you are on a budget. I stayed in the 24 bed room and I noticed that the majority of my room mates were male, I didn't have a problem with that but just as a warning to others who might be uncomfortable with 20 around in their underwear.

Staff is very nice and helpfull See you on September !

• 27th Jul 2015

Good value for the money. I stayed there before and came back. They should add hooks in the room.

One of the best hostels in Dublin! Very well located, very clean, friendly staff and a nice breakfast!

Not a bad hostel just a few small issues, not enough power outlets in our room, only 2 and there were 4 beds. Showers were a pain- tap is push style, where you can't choose the temperature and you have to keep pushing it to work, about once a minute! A bench outside in the showers for clothes etc would have been nice as the shower all put water everywhere in the cell even out past the doors. Kitchen was well set out, but all common areas were separated and it seemed a bit disconnected.

I paid €30 a night and the hostel was just Ok

The beds were hard and uncomfortable and the staff was rude.

• 24th Jul 2015

It was great for what we paid, but the building was so loud at night my friends and I were not able to get any sleep. I saw signs for quiet hours, but this was not enforced.

• 23rd Jul 2015

I booked with hostel world but was then unable to stay. I could not find details of how to cancel on the hostel world website I was charged for the first night's stay. When I contacted the hostel, they that could do nothing for me.

Really well placed for a hostel , the bus stop outside at the corner . The power sockets are near the bed , clean facilities and lift is a blessing if you are on the 4th floor.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Iceland

A very nice hostel near the heart of Dublin. The rooms are tiny but the beds are comfy, so there was no problem. I appreciated the card locks on most of the doors, it feels safe. The common room is lovely and the wifi is ok. The only thing I didn't like were the lockers downstair which you had to pay for - usually there are lockers in the room, so you have your things safe and near you. Would recommend!

A really good and friendly place to stay. One girl at the reception is not too friendly, but all the other staff are grand!! :-)

Made a last minute booking here only to have a transit problem hours later. Kindly requested to revise the booking but was greeted with policy statements and unhelpful staff.

The luggage will charge 2 euros.

Everyone was very friendly and the kitchen was a great size and was always clean. I would stay here again. I just wish the rooms for 4 people were slightly bigger and the beds less noisy.

• 12th Jul 2015