Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

My WiFi kept cutting out but kept connecting so I was constantly losing page connections. The Staff did very well to ensure that everyone was safe in the building and dealt with any concerns quickly which I found amazing as I was traveling by myself.

Also if the hostel is very old, more cleanliness in the rooms and in the bathrooms could be necessary.

I loved my stay here! I had a great time, and met some great people. Good environment, nice breakfast, great cafe! And the price was absolutely fabulous, especially since the hostel is only a few minutes walk from sights like Dublin Castle and the Temple Bar area. Definitely staying here again!

• 29th Oct 2014

Breakfast opened one hour late.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Northern Ireland

On the first Sunday I was in a room with four beds and it was very nice. But one week later I was in Avalon Hostel again and I slept on the first floor in a four bed room again. But this bed wasn't really nice, with every single move on the bed each person in the room awoke.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Staying in the Avalon Room was an experience! Nice hostel, and the staff were very helpful.

This has to be the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Clean, secure, loads of facilities great location and all for a great price. the staff are very pleasant and the free morning coffee is better than some of the paid for coffee in the city. Loved this hostel and I will be returning:)

• 23rd Oct 2014

The hostel itself is good, with excellent staff, who are very helpful and friendly. The reception is filled with all the leaflets which can ease off your sightseeing issues ;) Locaition is also good - as its close to all the city centre amenities, and even closer to night life of Dublin. The downside of the hostel is a check-out time (10am). Room was very small with window that's wooden frame was about to seperate from the glass. A breakfast is a joke - just a sweet option (no cheese, egg etc.).

Seriously, Avalon you should have a plug socket for every room and every bed - this is the 21st century! More perks would be nice next time too.

• 18th Oct 2014

It is not the best place to stay. it is like a mass producion of travellers. nalso there are so many things forbidden- never seen that before....

Overall, I liked the place. I was in a 12 person room but the way it was arranged did not feel that way at all (lofts). Breakfast was very meager (toast or cereal). And I had a cold shower the first night. I had a warm one the second night so maybe it was just that one shower. Good location

Everything good. Big breakfast without limit. My stomach was full all the day. Rooms a little bit small but there is a tap (rare) to clean face, hand ... 50 cts to print his boarding pass, a little bit expensive, it´s free everywhere.

Nice hostel within walking distance to all the cool sites and nightlife of dublin....would stay here again. Thanks

Although I realize that an economical operation is one of your priorities, my old bones would have appreciated a more comfortable mattress. I did sleep well, though. The staff at reception was very helpful and courteous. They had the airport shuttle at the door for me early a.m. Two minor complaints: the green light from the room smoke detector (?) was rather bright and I thought that it could have been shielded, and the drain in the sink (room 303) bubbled up when the next room used his sink.

• 13th Oct 2014

i've stayed here before, a few years ago, and I have to say time hasn't been kind to this place. The showers look aged and aren't practical for keeping your stuff dry while using them, the Internet is painfully slow, the breakfast is so basic that I'd much rather have them deduct the one or two euros it MIGHT cost so that I can go elsewhere and get something edible. The staff are nice, though, but they charge extra for absolutely every service.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Norway

I take am individual room for 30€ con saturday night, so the price was good. The room was small, and inside there is an emergency green light very annoying that cant be turned off. Too much noise at night, drunk people running and talking loudly outside the rooms at 3 am. At least i had free breakfast :)

A group of 12 stayed in this premises on a busy Friday and I could not fault anything! For location and value for money you would struggle to find better in Dublin, I would return to stay here again in a heartbeat when I am next back in Dublin!

I'm not usually a hostel person but would happily recommend this place and stay there again.

• 9th Oct 2014

Whilst I'm very pro saving the environment, the solar powered showers weren't great. Might be worth having a backup for when it's wet and windy!

• 9th Oct 2014

I would not stay here again or recommend it. The metal bunk beds are ultra creaky (noisy), the shower was lukewarm, and overall the hostel lacked a sense of catering to budget travelers: I had to pay for luggage storage and there was no converter to rent for 1 day, you had to buy it.

• 8th Oct 2014