Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Overall a great hostel providing everything you need and more. The staff is fantastic, and the atmosphere is laid back and really fun.

Overall a good place. Fantastic breakfast. Just felt like it was filled with teens who were really annoying

great chilled out atmosphere

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

situated on busroute for airport

• 29th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

The coffeebar downstairs is a really great add-on. Creates a good atmosphere. Meeting new people has been more easy in some other hostels.

Avalon house was a good choice as I was going to concert in marley park and buses were very handy near hostel

Really amazing and fun place to stay. Good balance of privacy and opportunity for party and socializing.

Nice hostel, good location and great facilities. Nice café.

The staff at this hostel are 2nd to none, they are very friendly, helpful and professional. I can't say what other dorms are like but the larger ones are too small for how many people are supposed to sleep in them. And the rooms are very stuffy.

i had asked for a bottom bed but was not allocated one. The eceptionist kindly changed it which meant i could have been allocated it in the beginning. When i had arrived to check in around 11 am i was told i couldn't check in until 2pm. However, while i waited in the reception area, i saw another person being checked in immediately.....

My 12 bed room was two floors which was nice because it made it less cramped. I didn't like the unisex bathrooms though. Everything else was good and it was all clean. Already booked another night here for the end of my trip.

Had some nice days at your hostel. Security was perfect with these key cards. Thanks again!

• 25th Jun 2014

The bathrooms were very clean, especially considering how many people were using them. The rooms needed a good airing out, as they smelled like stale sweat. The breakfast was good. I liked the cafe that was attached. The security was good at the front, but the lack of lockers kind of sucked especially because the rooms were so crowded, there wasn't a lot of space to put your stuff. Overall, it was a good hostel.

I stayed in a single private room with shared bathroom. The showers are brutal and cold! You have to press the button down for it to keep running, and the water blasts lukewarm and so strongly that it actually stings. For 5 euro more per night, I stayed in a lovely house through airbnb. I would recommend that much more highly than staying at Avalon House, especially if you don't want to stay in a dorm.

2 bed room small but practical with sheets and a basin,nice breakfast includee

I think it is realyl weird to have common toilet and showr area for male and female. I stayed in 4 bedroom common room, once with a private bathroom and another time I had to use common bathroom/toilet. I was very weird bcz very weird guys were around and I felt too odd to take shower in there.stupid not to have temperature control in the shower. It would also be great if you have atleast a small lockers, under the bed to store the valuables rather than to run to down locker everytme u need smth

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Nepal

I stayed in a 24-bed mixed dorm and it was quite noisy at night, coming from the pubs/clubs nearby. It is not the hostel's fault though. And the staff was helpful. As I needed to leave in the early morning, the staff allowed me to go in to take my food from the kitchen although it is way before the kitchen's opening hours.

We could see some pictures of the hostel, but cannot see which room we were booking (this is a Hostelworld.com limitation). The result was to find a very small room: we barely had the space to put our luggage. The picture of the room hostelworld.com (which we could find only after our staying) was misleading, compared to the reality. Only one toilet (out of 4) was open. The room wasn't so clean. It was not worth the price.

Very impressed with the staff...very helpful knowledgeable and friendly. it was a lovely hostel to stay in. Also loved the free upgrade on the second night. The live music was great...musician very talented. it was a great location for us as we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. it was much quieter than some of the other hostels I stayed in in Europe. Well done!

I was only there from 7:00 pm to 6:00 am but found the facility very adequate and reasonable for a nights stay in a single room. Thanks so much. Laurie from western Canada.

• 18th Jun 2014