Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

We have been there for 3 nights, and we have not complain at all.... Only sometimes we could hear music, but maybe it was becasuse our dorm was located over the recepcíon and they had music on 24 hours, but I request to the staff to lower the volumen and the did it inmediatly. I recommend the place!!

I choose to stay in the hostel when I'm travel to feel like home and to save money,no doubt I get all this in Avalon. The location are good and easy for me to go anywhere. The facilities are great ,they have many things to make my stay enjoyable and I never get bored. Im definitely recommend to everyone for come and stay here in Avalon,because all ur needs u will find it here.

Wonderful stay. Clean hostel and very very friendly staff. Close to all tourist attractions.

Very Hip and Cool hostel with a feeling of community if that's what you're after. Very basic, but all that's needed to sleep. Free breakfast is a nice bonus - cereal and toast, help yourself and there is a nice cafe on site as well if you want a 'real' coffee or anything more substantial. Lot's of young people and groups of friends etc - in our mid 40's I think we were the oldest staying there! If money's an issue and you're not too worried about home comforts, this is a good place.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Change rooms within the older bathrooms would be ideal opposed to broken showers and toilets.

• 21st Jan 2015

Great hostel! Thank u!

Great value and location spot on

I really enjoyed Avalon House. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the room was of adequate size. I would definitely stay here again...

The location and the staff are great. I spent a few days in a dorm in January and the room was freezing.

Such a lovely atmosphere and staff always happy to help...came for two days and stayed a week.great mix of tourists and live in residents ....David and Marin from the Avalon room are so kind and helpful to all guests that i thought they worked here. Thank you Tracy

Clean and good staffs. moreover location of house is perfect. It's easy to any campuses in Dublin

• 15th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Rooms were really cold, heating was not sufficient.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

One of the best I've stayed in, great fun thank u

bathroom was really dirty and not even cleaned during 1 week !

Was freezing cold no heating in the room... Had time activated showers that were short. Bunk beds in our private room expected better

• 9th Jan 2015

They need to do something about the plumbing as the noise from pipes kept me awake, also had someone knocking on my door early in the morning, but overall it's not a bad spot and is in a good location

great place always come back her !

Green security light on the ceiling just above the beds. Impossible to get darkness to sleep. The window sound isolation was very poor. All outside sounds are heard in the room. All plumbing sounds are heard very loud.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Was pretty good. I've been to better hostels in my life but I've also been to worse. It's worth the money though because the clientele is generally pretty cool and there are a lot of places just around the corner to Avalon so the location is prime. Check it out :)

Cheap hostel, good location. Bad heating in the whole building, it was really cold. In one of two bathrooms on first floor are no mirrors over the washbasin. Too little power stations. No locker in bedroom, only downstairs.