Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I had a Problem with your room, there exist bed-bugs!!!. I realized when I awoke in the morning. Please clean that room more properly. I never before had such problem in any irish hostel. So please do something against this, it is horrible. I have still the red pustels all over my arms and hands (with seems to be very typical as the doctors say).

Great water pressure in the shower. Really noisy while trying to sleep, I mean like 2am-5am people were really loud, walls are very thin, you can hear a lot but we appreciate when we went to the receptionist to tell them about the noise it quieted down a bit. Great kitchen and cool environment to get on the computer, watch a little tv and nice cafe with good options!

All very friendly and helpful but housekeeping have the unfortunate habit of entering rooms without knocking first. This occured on at least three ocasions in our 2 day stay. The showers are weak and tepid, not upto the standard experienced on previous visits. Stained matresses on bunk beds give a bad impression.

• 13th Mar 2014

The music in the lobby was awesome!

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Austria

Great stay. Lovely staff. Good location and super helpful with info about the city.

Tiny room, smelt of body odour! No hot water in wash hand basin, no plug in wash hand basin. Nice breakfast area. Slow wi-fi.

Stayed for 9 nights. Free breakfast and WiFi. Cafe with plenty of choices re meals Deals etc. Awesome kitchen well equipped Showers were on solar system, don't expect hot showers they were luke warm, even after running them for awhile. Also push button on a timer mission washing. was given a double bed sheet folded over on my bed, which was really uncomfortable, i often woke sleeping on the mattress cover. After day four it was finally changed to two sheets. bliss. Will stay again.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

The showers and toilets were a little dirty, and the staff was not so friendly. Besides that, everything is good.

There was no hot water for the showers - at all!! And the Unisex bathrooms aint doing it for me -_-

This hostel is amazing! The only thing I can complain about is that the showers were cold. They were having problems with the boiler that they usually don't have, according to the staff. So I think it is not normally like this!

• 27th Feb 2014

Very good

• 24th Feb 2014

No complaints here. I liked it here,I had a private room to myself for 3 nights and bathrooms and showers right next door and always found them clean. Good breakfast and the "The Bald Barista" cafe attached had lovely coffee. Staff were fine. Its typical of big hostels where u dont really meet many people to chat with, I found it to be more of an international student campus all wired up on phones and laptops!!!!!! I will stay here again next time in Dublin. One of the better hostels in Dublin.

This is a great value hostel in a convenient part of time, free breakfast is excellent and the staff are very helpful. My only complaint is that the showers weren't always that warm!

Awesome Hostel, exellent location in the city center of Dublin! In my opinion the best hostel in town!!

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Overall our experience at Avalon House was just okay. The staff was rude during check in, but other employees were helpful later in the weekend. The bathrooms were dirty and there was no such thing as a warm shower and the toilets were clogged the entire time we were there. Lockers and towels were available to rent although the cost of these items was higher than I've encountered at other hostels. Not a terrible choice, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

maybe improve the laudry service.

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

2nd time staying here, good place , only thing I don't like is lockers are downstairs and not in your room, overall a good hostel for Dublin.

We've had a nice stay at Avalon House. The staff is wonderful. Two problems thought, no juice on free breakfast, and some people using the bathrooms to smoke, which leaves us smell and cold when we want to shower.

• 11th Feb 2014

All staff is nice but Max and Milano are especially helpful!

Great place, great location, the free breakfast is limited though... I didn't find the staff very friendly but I met good people there!

• 31st Jan 2014