Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Perfect location right in the heart of Dublin city. Staff easily booked day trips/activities and transport for us. Good value for money.

• 28th Dec 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Avalon House and would recommend anyone looking for a hostel in Dublin to stay at this one!

• 28th Dec 2015

The doors could use some oil, so we don't wake roommates and neighbors. It would be nice for the other if our late arrival was paired with others arriving at thr same late time, so we don't bother the others too much. The staff were friendly, cafe was pricey but tasty, the lounge areas were comfortable and the washing drying were useful. The hostel is well kept up and the city is very friendly.

Really lovely time, the (night) staff are adept and helpful. Duvets are comfy (but hot~)so you WILL be sleeping with less clothes on. The mixed room I was in was disgusting, but that's more of a mixed-room/boy problem. All the staff here are really nice.

• 23rd Dec 2015

Nice place, but getting info from staff was like pulling teeth and there really wasn't anywhere to just sit and relax other than the kitchen.

• 21st Dec 2015

A lovely hostel in a great part of the city.Tv 📺 room closed at 12 felt a bit like a child being told to go to bed

Great facilities. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The cafe provides excellent meals and service at decent prices. The room was basic and provided what needed providing. Bathrooms are clean and well-kept. Showers are hot. Only thing that was misleading are the pictures - they show the Avalon House Cafe on the corner so you'd think that is the hostel entrance. Wrong. We arrived late at night and found those doors padlocked. Keep walking down Whitefriar and you'll see them.

Excellent!

One of the staff members had no idea of their way around Dublin, was pretty useless when asking for advice about the city and they had to google anything we asked...

• 19th Dec 2015

Found the hostel to be as good as anywhere else I've stayed but the staff were awful when we were checking in. Both men at reception were highly unpleasant and unhelpful.

Amazing all around. I love the staff! They played guitar for me :)

• 19th Dec 2015

Great location, quite central and in the middle of it. Of course this makes it a bit noisy, and that was reciprocated in the room. Additionally, I was a little dissapointed in the room which was completely cramped. The top half of the door was a tempered window that allowed light in all night, which made it somewhat hard to sleep. I also got stuck in the elevator for quite a few minutes, something that seems to happen regularly. Staff was accommodating though!

Something important and it can not be incomplete in hoatel it the velocity of the internet! Fix it!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Argentina

I was positively impressed by the place. This is very well located, near the city center and the bars. The room and kitchen were very clean. The decoration is very nice, with a mix of wood and various colors which create a very warm and cosy atmosphere. Noise come rather from the noise than from Avalou House itself. I definitivly recommend AH !

• 17th Dec 2015

good place great vibe staff is friendly and i will stay again

It was ok. A little smelly

One issue I had with my stay; which is totally outside the control of the hostel was the person sharing the room. He made it impossible to sleep through ridiclous levels of noise, I suppose it's pot luck who you get, but I was just unlucky.

Great hostel in the perfect location!

• 8th Dec 2015

I've got no complaints, Avalon House is my favourite hostel in Dublin, it's in the heart of the city centre, offers great value for money, it's always very clean, breakfast a good and there's always plenty to do and of course you'll always meet plenty of interesting people.

I've enjoyed been there, the atmosphere and most of the people are very nice. A couple of Irish gay that cone to the room at 23:00 while I was sleeping, and they woke me up making lots of non sense noises for about one hour. The other incident was when I went back to collect my mail, I asked the guy in the reception to check for any mail for me, he got only one letter from 2, and he was so reluctant and arrogant to check for any more letters. At the end I CHECKED IT BY MYSELF AND GOT IT !