Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

nice staff and welcoming !

• 6th Nov 2014

-Internet doesn't work well -We were told that the hostel had been reformed recently, but it seems to be falling apart -There was mold and infiltration everywhere - Kitchen is dirty and messy - Dirty bedroom - No pressure and hot water in the shower Definitely don't recommend

• 5th Nov 2014

Don't bother with the coke vending machines. They don't ever seem to work. Otherwise its a comfortable hostel.

No internet (wifi not working). Hot water just sometimes. Location is top. Staff is super friendly.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Slovenia

The shower was out of service 2 days out of 4, and the staff was very unpolite.

Breakfast excelent! It is few minutes from city centre and temple bar, perfect staying for traveling!

• 3rd Nov 2014

I was there for one week and in this week I had only twice a hot water under the shower. Other times it was either deep ice under Antarctica cold or just plain cold.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Slovenia

Value for money was really bad. Everything (staff,atmosphere and location) seemed to be fine until we saw our very verry small rooms with dirty sheets and hairs on it. The little sink in our room was musty. Even the floor and walls were clean we didn't feel well in this room. The facilities were the same, i have seen so many better hostel for less money, where I could enjoy a clean toilet and showers.

Place is great and cheap. But I am disappointed with the facilities a bit... Well if you want to sleep then this is a value for money.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • India

I hate this hostel, staff are not polite with people who speak a little English. I will never stay in this hotel again. I do not recommend.

• 31st Oct 2014

I think some showers could be improved by adding some hooks. The number of showers and toilets are low and therefore , I guess, Unisex. But nevertheless I enjoyed the staying in Dublin very much and you should cherrish this hostel. Best wishes from Germany - Matthias St- Siegel

• 30th Oct 2014

- had massive problem with electricity and warm water (was not available) - bed was very uncomfortable as it nearly broke apart ;) - sink in bathroom was very small - could be a bit bigger, as the whole water does not go to the sink but

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Austria

My WiFi kept cutting out but kept connecting so I was constantly losing page connections. The Staff did very well to ensure that everyone was safe in the building and dealt with any concerns quickly which I found amazing as I was traveling by myself.

Also if the hostel is very old, more cleanliness in the rooms and in the bathrooms could be necessary.

I loved my stay here! I had a great time, and met some great people. Good environment, nice breakfast, great cafe! And the price was absolutely fabulous, especially since the hostel is only a few minutes walk from sights like Dublin Castle and the Temple Bar area. Definitely staying here again!

• 29th Oct 2014

Breakfast opened one hour late.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Northern Ireland

On the first Sunday I was in a room with four beds and it was very nice. But one week later I was in Avalon Hostel again and I slept on the first floor in a four bed room again. But this bed wasn't really nice, with every single move on the bed each person in the room awoke.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Staying in the Avalon Room was an experience! Nice hostel, and the staff were very helpful.

This has to be the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Clean, secure, loads of facilities great location and all for a great price. the staff are very pleasant and the free morning coffee is better than some of the paid for coffee in the city. Loved this hostel and I will be returning:)

• 23rd Oct 2014

The hostel itself is good, with excellent staff, who are very helpful and friendly. The reception is filled with all the leaflets which can ease off your sightseeing issues ;) Locaition is also good - as its close to all the city centre amenities, and even closer to night life of Dublin. The downside of the hostel is a check-out time (10am). Room was very small with window that's wooden frame was about to seperate from the glass. A breakfast is a joke - just a sweet option (no cheese, egg etc.).