Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I just wanted to add my personal thanks, because even though we had a situation; you were really fantastic and I felt protected. THANK YOU! and keep up the good work :)

• 29th Dec 2014

I recommend this place to someone who's looking for a cheap place to stay in for a couple of nights but it's not a good place to hang around in. The common areas are too small so getting a comfortable place to sit in is tricky. Would benefit being cleaner and more comfortable. PS : Check out at 10am after NYE was tough. My friend and I had an old guy in our room that did his best to keep us awake until close to 6am. (noise, banging the door, threatening us)...

Everything okay about hostel

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Croatia

The heat didn't work, we report that and nobody fixed it.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Stayed in a twin private over Christmas, room was pretty small but can't complain for the price,clean, nice place, friendly staff, good wi-fi, good location. Would stay there again

The hostel needs baskets under the bunks, not just the cages on the main floor available for extra money. Guests are financially strapped and shouldn't have to pay extra to secure their clothes, phones, etc. Guests were all worried about their things being stolen.

Ye, I recommend this place. Close to the center, with big kitchen and enthusiastic atmosphere ;)

handy location. only there one night and it was perfect for our group. breakfast average but its free so can't complain :-)

I have stayed at this place three times now and it has become my go to hostel for Dublin. But it is not without its problems. There are no luggage cages in the room (which is not acceptable), the beds are just bunk beds and not the usual curtain, sockets and a light you get at most hostels. And there is no age limit. My last stay I got paired with a traveler (gypsy) couple that just had to sleep together and has a syringe laying on the counter (I didn't ask). Still I would highly recommend. =D

• 20th Dec 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and it has been very pleasant, well organised and a great place to stay. There are a lot of facilities Wifi, tablets, room sink, pool table and a coffee shop which offer a free basic breakfast and proves why it has won awards with free and lovely coffee. The staff are very nice and up for some banter and a laugh. Security is also tight but easy with a card &receipt to access reception, card to access to locker & room areas. Need more sockets in room tho

Good hostel, very Nice location, bit de reception staff was not friendly at all

Everything was really good except for the unfriendly staff. No coordination and unfriendly answers. Poor performance guys!

• 17th Dec 2014

It was a good place. We were afraid of finding something dark and dirty, but we were surprise when saw the room. Event the breakfast was included. If you are a budget traveler, Avalon House is a perfect option.

I think that it is expensive for the service that offers. There are a lot of common areas, but you cannot take your own alcohol and I think that this is against philosophy of hostels. Rooms are small and the linen were dirty.

A wonderfully priced and located city centre location near St Stephen's Green and Temple Bar. Great little cafe on site too.

As usual very clean and friendly. located a little bit outside of the party mile, a perfect place to stay to explore Dublin! The staff is friendly and the little cafe with a very good cappuccino just wonderful for breakfast! I will come back every time while staying in Dublin. Cheers!

• 4th Dec 2014

Receptionnist very kind bed not to great

• 3rd Dec 2014

Very good location. Great choice for the price. Airport transfer. Everything OK :)

Worst hostel. The wifi didn't work anywhere in the hostel. None of the outlets worked in the common room. Staff seemed unfazed about it. They assign beds (I have no idea why, I've never encountered that before in any other hostel) and are unflinching about changing beds, even if you have a valid reason. They charge you if you sleep in the wrong bed! Dirty bathroom and bedding, there were dirty clothes left on the stairway up to my room. I don't even have room here to finish the rest. Just awful.

The hostel is the perfect place to start a longer trip in Dublin, because the atmosphere is nice and it´s really easy to meet new people, that become like your family after a while. But it would be great if the beds were less noisy :-)

• 28th Nov 2014