Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great place, great location, the free breakfast is limited though... I didn't find the staff very friendly but I met good people there!

• 31st Jan 2014

My bedroom(107) had a broken lamp, I had problems because it wasn't changed even after advise the stuff. The bedrooms do not have a locker and was quite annoying lock my stuff in the reception floor, and keep going back and forth cause I was afraid of leave my stuff unlocked in the bedroom.

• 24th Jan 2014

GREAT EXPERIENCE :D

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Croatia

Good place to spend some nights in Dublin.

Nice hostel for this price in perfect location. Great place to meet the other people from all around the world. Disadvantage could be just, that you have to pay for the lockers.

There didn't seem to be enough common space areas, especially when the cafe was "closed" off. It also seemed like most of the people staying there were longer term stays as opposed to the "weekend" crowd. Also there were no electrical outlets that worked in the common areas, that was frustrating. Wifi was reliable and the front desk had tons of offers available. Breakfast included was hugely helpful but there was no real healthy option.

• 17th Jan 2014

Very kind staff !!

great hostel! well run and great fun... lots of backpackers!

The only problem I had was that the elevator didn't work very well, so I used the stairs instead.

• 9th Jan 2014

Good value for money - great location, just a couple of minutes from Grafton street and Stephens Green. Dorms are tiny with no lockers inside but for this price it's just a great option

Great hostel ! So much better than the other hostels in Dublin (I stayed in many) Feels pretty cozy and friendly. Common rooms are really nice and it has a good international atmosphere with people from all over the world. Staff were great and helpful. Theres a big kitchen; always a place to cook, and a nice tv room. Good breakfast in a really nice big cafe. Would recommend en-suite dorm though instead of shared bathroom dorm (water cold) Will recommend Avalon House to everybody.

all was good, except the room was very cold. the room was not insulated and the heater was not working.

• 6th Jan 2014
  • India

The overall stay was great. I had the ensuite private room with a double bed and it came with a space heater, which kept the room cozy. The only gripe I have is the shower, which gives you MAYBE a minute and a half of water before it shuts off. You have to continuously hit the button to take a normal shower. However, the rest of the hostel was great.

• 4th Jan 2014

One receptionist wasnt trained in the booking system at all & he tried to hide it cause his boss was around. The afternoon-guy was unfriendly & pretended to be friendly:"If i were you, I would be more angry to dont have the basic things working". And I had to talk to the manager to change the room. Anyway the rooms are too tiny; heating and shower only by chance working and in the evening an old drunk guy bothered me and i didnt got much support and felt left alone. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL!

Kitchen needs updating with new taps especially

• 3rd Jan 2014

The location was perfect, right on a main street easy walk to Grafton Street and Temple Bar.

It was an ok hostel. beds were fine, room was small. Location was good, staf was not allways friendly and/or helpfull. Exept for the irish lady, who was def. the best of the bunch.

• 30th Dec 2013

when we arrived at our room it was basic which is ok for the money we paid but there where stains all over the wall al 3 toilets where just digusting somebody got sick at toilet, toilet was stil not clean after 12 hours did not shower was to grose. We payed for late check out and at 10.30 we got kicked out of the room instead of 13.00 they did not even had a cloth when i spilled a drink. Very happy we only stayed one night i could not last another in this filthy hostel they need to clean!!!

• 30th Dec 2013

The rooms are too crowded. Their is a loft with 4 beds, where really there should only be two. I've never had to stay in a hostel in such tight quarters. I also had stuff stolen from my bag.

I had really good time at Dublin. Hostel was very good location, and clean, nice'n quiet( 'cause it's off season ?) Every things were good for me. Only one thing, room was nice but it was a little bit cold for one day. But this time Dublin was really warm, I feel like I'm lucky !! I wrote some good comments for Trip Adviser.

• 8th Dec 2013