Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The luggage will charge 2 euros.

Everyone was very friendly and the kitchen was a great size and was always clean. I would stay here again. I just wish the rooms for 4 people were slightly bigger and the beds less noisy.

• 12th Jul 2015

Good Hostel with great location , quite rooms , clean beds , fresh look for young people , friendly atmosphere and helpful staff .

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Russia

The showers on the fourth floor had a funny smell besides that everything was good

• 11th Jul 2015

Good location. They are about a 20 minute walk from the bus station. Plenty of showers and big common spaces. Lots of info on things to do while you are here. Wifi needs to be improved as it barely worked in the room. I enjoyed my stay here.

I was not overly impressed. no plugins at my bunk in the Avalon room. The room was very stuffy and loud with street noise. also the free internet access ends at eleven. The vibe was not very open for a solo traveller and I actually ended up only staying for three nights instead of six. overall I wouldn't really recommend this place.

Great deal for the money and very close to the famous Temple Bar district. Bus stop right by the hostel, and everything you will want to go to is within a 20-25 minute walk. 24 bed hostel is definitely very different, but it is a good deal and a clean secure place with helpful staff. Would recommend!

I stayed in the 24 person dorm because it was incredibly inexpensive. I was slightly worried about how sleeping around 23 other people would be, but I had absolutely no problems. The people in the room were fairly considerate about noise levels, and the room itself was very clean. I really enjoyed the atmosphere downstairs and the staff was very helpful with anything we needed. All in all, I was very happy with our stay and will definitely recommend this hostel to others!

I really liked Avalon House. If I come back to Dublin I want to stay in Avalon and I'll recommend to others people.

Wonderful hostel! The location is perfect: just far enough from Temple Bar to feel like you are going home at the night of the night, but close enough to all the main attractions to be able to walk everywhere. Everything, from the giant kitchen to the clean rooms were amazing. But above all, I fell in love with the beautiful and friendly staff. Go to Avalon House!

• 6th Jul 2015

I arrived late at night - 1:00 am - and I couldn't easily find the hostel. I did find the Avalon Bar (closed), but I was not that clever to look up in the small street on the right, where the entrance of the hostel is :) you should maybe put a luminous indication above the entrance, so that tired backpackers find it more easily:)

• 6th Jul 2015

The staff was great! Really helpful!!!! And kind! The hostel is a very comfortable place to stay! And not at all pretentious! What you see is what you get! It is clean! The breakfast that was included in the price was nutritious, plenty and there was some variety contrary to other hostels that I stayed at! Well done! Very nice people!

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Greece

Clean, safe rooms with very friendly staff. I only stayed a few days--my first time at a hostel--and was really impressed. If I hadn't caught a cold on the train to Dublin, I would have stayed longer. Avalon house is a very cool place :)

• 5th Jul 2015

Very friendly staff....great location

The best hostel for backpackers , the prices are good , rooms are ok , clean beds , clean facilities , helpful staff , a very nice hostel in the city center .

• 2nd Jul 2015

A nice, typical hostel in a very good location. The rooms are quite small, but for 1-2 nights fine. Breakfast was only sweet, meat, cheese and sandwiches were for extra money.

It's not too expensive for where it is. Maybe a 10 minute walk or so to the Temple Bar Area and the River just north of it. Tablets are available for use in the lobby an there is ping pong as well as foosball in the basement area. There is a pub crawl for 12€ that leaves from the hostel every night around 19:30 and a walking tour that leaves at 10:30 every morning. The staff is plenty friendly. The breakfast in the morning is the typical hostel breakfast (cereal & milk, bread, etc.).

I stayed in a private en suite room. Certainly worth the premium over the rooms without the en suite.

Avalon house was cool. It was fun being in a large two story dorm. The beds were really comfy! Staff was very nice, open kitchen, good location and clean facilities. Great price! I would recommend.

Staff was unfriendly overall. Security was outdated and nearly non existent. Rooms were small, cramped, and in need of an update. Playing music in the lobby 24/7 that could be heard throughout the facility was more baffling than annoying, but also annoying.