Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great place to stay. We had a private room that was quite. Everything was walking distance for a short weekend stay.

• 4th Oct 2014

For a short stay Avalon hostel was great. Bit of a squeeze with the bathrooms, not enough showers for so many people and it gets dirty too quickly and should be cleaned twice a day... the Avalon Room was spacious and clean, overall the hostel was clean and the staff was really nice at the reception.

clean facilities and decent wifi friendly helpful staff good free brekki and alright location. Only downside was no locker in the room

Very informative staff, very happy to help! Kinda noisy tho, not much sound proofing, maybe? Otherwise lovely!! Thanks!

This was a very nice hostel with friendly staff attached to a cafe. Highly recommend.

They have an amazing staff. All well spoken and well behaved. Especially Katie and Lisa and few other guys ( i dont know their names). please convey the same to them. Thanks! Utsav

• 1st Oct 2014
  • India

This hostel would have gotten a way better review from me if not for a few problems. I liked that there were lockers (€2), and there was included breakfast, and the lounge area was very cool and comfy. But my ensuite bathroom was horrible. I couldn't wash my hair, there was absolutely no pressure and actually hardly any water coming out of the shower, it made the entire bathroom soaked. Loud pipes woke me up about 7 times, my shower was leaking REALLY bad. Plus walls are very very thin.

Room very very dirty (private room) hair on my bed, and smells bad ;( ! Noise all night from the tubes... Location is perfect and people are nice. Breakfast very poor.. and not nice.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

I was impressed by the business like manner in which my stay was handled, from making the reservation to check in, etc. I enjoyed and appreciated the friendliness and cheerful helpfulness of the staff. Location is near perfect, value is great. I'm an older traveler and thoroughly enjoyed the energy and respect that was present at Avalon House. John Beutel

• 29th Sep 2014

No comments

• 28th Sep 2014
  • India

Perfect, i will do this again. Just two problems, the cards (the keys of the doors) don't really work, we have to try lots of time to open doors ^^. but that's not really a problem Then, we had a problem in our room because we were two and just one place (because one guy was on our bed), so the problem was fixed after.

• 28th Sep 2014

I liked the hostel very much except one thing - the type of bed linen - duvet covers were missing and only clean sheets were used!

I've stayed in quite a few hostels, this one not being one of the greatest. The location is decent.. quick walk to Temple Bar area. Staff was helpful but not overly friendly. We stayed in the 12 bed dorm which had a loft. Bathrooms were down the hall, a lot of shower stalls, and only one toilet. Clean though. We only stayed 1 night and I can't speak on how easily it would be to meet other travelers. Bed was comfortable. It's a decent hostel but nothing to rave about.

Very happy with my stay at Avalon House.

• 27th Sep 2014

The breakfast area definitely isn't suitable for how many guests eat breakfast. The rooms need lockers under the bed! Place is pretty good but quite a walk.

Very nice Hostel. Good location, cheap, clean and kind atmosphere

• 26th Sep 2014

At the evening the kitchen was a bit untidy, and the bathroom as well. But the breakfast was so rich, cereals with fruits, yogurt, lots of jam.... You can even have nutella jeee! I like that ;)

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

Good atmosphere and very close to the city centre

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Hostel was great. There was a common room with lots of activities and people constantly hanging out. Staff were always friendly and helpful. The showers were great, be wary however they are co-ed, which was fine with me but may be an issue for some. The only negative was there was only one outlet in our room (6 bed dorm) and since I was in a loft thing in the room I would have had to walk down the stairs and I would have had to crawl through another's bed to access it.

Toller brushs can be useful. Nevertheless we enjoyed our stay at Avalon House.

• 24th Sep 2014