Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The showers were filthy. Used towels and razors were on the cubicle floor for more than one day. This was very disappointing. On my last night, I paid €5 extra to check out later. I was awoken with the fire alarm at 10am. The member of staff insisted that I went to the reception and returned with my receipt. Even then, he was confrontational. Bedroom fine. WiFi reliable. Breakfast basic but good. I wouldn't take friends or family here.

Nice building, lovely dorm with spiral staircase to more beds

very helpfull

• 22nd Nov 2014

Conection for Internet awful,l had a lot of problems with my reservation (cancelled, mistake in the charge, etc...) too much mistakes by secretaria or reception.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Spain

The room was really small, even for four people. The bunk beds were really squeaky and made lots of noise even with the slighteist movement. Showers were cold and not real changing area.

staff very helpful. This is the first time there wasn't an excuse when i asked for a bottom bed....Friendly and helpful. One guy in reception helped me to find my shirt that i left behind, even though it was late. Thank you

fire alarm went off at 2am and the night staff was extremely unprofessional. there was smoke and a smell of fire in the lobby and the night staff just sent everyone back to the rooms with the notion "false alarm". didn't give any detailed information about what happened. even after asking several times. when the firefighters came the explanation was burned noodles in the kitchen. didn't feel safe at all during the whole night. 45€ pP for a twin is very expensive; dirty, small room and bath.

The air in the Avalon Room (AR, 24 bed dorm) was extremely humid.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

Had a great time at the Avalon House. The staff were very helpful and the hostel had a really welcoming vibe.

I loved this place. As a solo female traveller it was easy to meet people here and the location is really good. The staff were friendly, the facilities were great too. I especially valued the kitchen which was fully equipped. They have a good system going on as well that ensures that nobody takes your food. I stayed in room 107 which was an 8 bed dorm split over a mezzanine. The heating didn't appear to work and the windows were really big, but with 8 of us in the room it was never really cold

Good overall. If you need access to good wifi, go elsewhere. The wifi was shoddy at best. Aside from that our stay was great. It took about 10 minutes to walk to the city center (not bad considering how cheap it was). Friendly, helpful staff. Clean rooms. Average free breakfast of cereal, bread, jam, tea.

Value for money , abit old building ,small rooms for 6 people , needs refurbishment.

nice staff and welcoming !

• 6th Nov 2014

-Internet doesn't work well -We were told that the hostel had been reformed recently, but it seems to be falling apart -There was mold and infiltration everywhere - Kitchen is dirty and messy - Dirty bedroom - No pressure and hot water in the shower Definitely don't recommend

• 5th Nov 2014

Don't bother with the coke vending machines. They don't ever seem to work. Otherwise its a comfortable hostel.

No internet (wifi not working). Hot water just sometimes. Location is top. Staff is super friendly.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Slovenia

The shower was out of service 2 days out of 4, and the staff was very unpolite.

Breakfast excelent! It is few minutes from city centre and temple bar, perfect staying for traveling!

• 3rd Nov 2014

I was there for one week and in this week I had only twice a hot water under the shower. Other times it was either deep ice under Antarctica cold or just plain cold.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Slovenia

Value for money was really bad. Everything (staff,atmosphere and location) seemed to be fine until we saw our very verry small rooms with dirty sheets and hairs on it. The little sink in our room was musty. Even the floor and walls were clean we didn't feel well in this room. The facilities were the same, i have seen so many better hostel for less money, where I could enjoy a clean toilet and showers.