Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

no power points in rooms and push start showers.

Good all rounder. Spacious with good showers

• 14th Jun 2014

security was a bit over the top. poor atmosphere. great staff. Biggest hassle however was there are no power points in the rooms and the showers are push button, so no temp control

It's a good hostel, location is excellent, but the staff is terrible!

• 13th Jun 2014

This hostel wasn't to bad. A short walk from temple bar district. Close enough to get anywhere... Far away enough to avoid the crowds and noises. The 6 bed dorm I stayed in was nice enough... The mattress hands a little bit over the actual frame so at one point I almost rolled down the side of the bed. The window in our room was also partially broken so it wouldn't close completely which was annoying when you had to sleep right next to it. Generally pretty clean as well. Helpful staff.

Pretty average hostel. Location is pretty good. Breakfast was average. Rooms had pretty cool second floors in them. Security was a bit lax in terms of needing to use the keycard to get in; the door was usually just left open. Not helpful trying to find a local restaurant or in trying to get to the ferry port. Bathrooms were a mess. Overall, a good, though unexceptional stay.

Great value for money. Very central. Staff are helpful and polite.

Super thin walls!!!

• 1st Jun 2014

A women's bathroom would be nice

• 31st May 2014

This was my first hostel visit EVER! I wasnt sure what to expect honestly, but my mind was blown by the extremely helpful customer service. and they were so polite too!

• 31st May 2014

Great hostel, great location and very friendly staff with good security, would recommend to friends and others

Everyone was super awesome!

Breakfast was sparse, would be nice to have a toaster available. Other than that was a good hostel. Very helpful staff. We got caught out with bank holiday weekend therefore I put average for 'value for money' as we paid more than I think we should have. :)

• 28th May 2014
  • New Zealand

If u come from airport, bus #16 drops u off close to the hostel. If u come from train then there is a 15 min walk from the bus stop at the bridge.

No lockers in the rooms makes it difficult,

A good city hostel. Stayed here for a few nights in a private room and dorm. The private was small and plain but totally fine for my needs. Good shower/bathroom facilites although the hot water wasn't constant. Staff were nice, there was live music one evening which was cool. No complaints!

This was a nice hostel with great privacy (there were dividers in the large bunk rooms), but it was quite far from the main sites in Dublin. They have a nice airport shuttle that was much cheaper than a taxi, so be sure to ask about that if needed!

GREAT hostel. stay here. Location is central, free breakfast, staff is helpful, beds are clean. I had a great experience and would highly recommend.

I've been to many different hostels, but no staff compares to the staff I've ran into at Avalon. So incredibly kind and helpful, I found myself sad I had to leave. Not to mention, the location is fantastic.

• 24th May 2014

This was a great stay! Good breakfast, excellent location close to most of the things you want to visit in Dublin, sweet atmosphere with the cafe next door. I would recommend!