Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

If you're on the third floor, don't expect to get much sleep; bright hallway lights shine into the rooms all night

fantastic

When we got to our dorm, somebody was sitting on my brothers bed so we asked the staff for new sheets. We went out for drinks and when we came back there was another guy sleeping in his bed! My brother had to take someone else's bed ...

Bare minimum of facilities provided.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Poland

4 person bed room was very very small.

Nice hostel in a good location to visit all the old quarter. The girl who checked us in was very nice and she suggested us a really good place to have dinner and listen live music.

Overall very good. Only wish hostel would have notices asking clients to leave quietly early mornings for flights, coaches etc.

• 6th Sep 2014

Great location. Private room was large for a hostel and clean. Staff were very friendly.

The coolest, most relaxed place that I've ever lived in.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • India

The location is great, we couldn't sleep for two nights due to a group of youngsters (students?) who ran down the corridor screaming for hours. The ensuite bathroom is really small and when you shower you flood the place. Considered the price we expected a bit more.

Nice stay. Would not recommend for the solo traveler though as tough to meet people.

Good all rounder, can't go wrong really. Will stay again.

Good hostel, comes with kitchen to cook. Right near St. Stephens green and city centre as well as walking distance to many pubs. Bathrooms are coed though.

I stayed in a private room, which was small but clean and pleasant. I was only there one night but I would happily have stayed longer.

The staff was fantastic about answering all types of questions. The room was exactly what we expected and very clean, but the shower curtain was super smelly and if that small (cheap) change was made, the room would have been perfect for what we paid.

• 28th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here plus it's only meters away from my favorite club

• 24th Aug 2014

I don't really like the mixed bathrooms but everything else was great as always.

great hostel, central location in Dublin. Everything you need you will find at Avalon House. Some rooms are a bit tiny. ;) The beds are too short for me. (2.03m tall person ^^ )

• 21st Aug 2014

They charge a 2euro fee to pay with a card if it is under 20e, which I have never experienced anywhere else.

The room was tiny. The shower didn't work properly