Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel is nice and have a good facilities. Only the room is very small. And the common room is not very clean because everyone use it, of course. But the location is perfect! Easy to go out. It's perfect for short stay!

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

This was our first hostel of the trip and we were somewhat disappointed with it. The bathrooms were dirty and our room had a weird smell. Also, there is no drinking allowed which was not mentioned before booking. Having a beer or two before going out is nice way to save money when travelling on a budget and a good way to meet fellow travellers. Avalon was not conducive to meeting people. Small showers took ages to heat and required constant button pressing to maintain water flow. :(

• 1st Jun 2015

All in all the best hostel I have ever been to

• 31st May 2015

Fire alarm worked 4 times at the first night ... As result - i was absolutely destroyed next day. I changed hotel, because i didnt want to spend some more similar nights

• 30th May 2015
  • Russia

this hostel is good:it's very big with much room an common place,clean is ok ,the position is good...i mean that for the place(dublin is not little) is ok,just 10 minutes from by walk from Temple and other main attractions

Decent hostel. Nice people. Good location, close to center. Cons: Decently clean bathrooms, but showers had a bit of mold. Wifi was a bit slow, no lockers in the room - had to rent one just off the lobby for an extra fee -super annoying! Pro: cool common room/cafe, decent location, nice staff

Nice staff, a little bit harsh that you cannot drink there. Very impressed with the cleanliness, although the kitchen could ne a bit cleaner. Fix that elevator!!! And do something about the alarm going off all the time.

We had originally booked 5beds for 2nights and had to cancel one bed for the 2nd night, which was apparently too complicated so they had to split our booking into 2separate bookings. The problem was that we had to check out after the first night to check in again the same afternoon - which was really annoying because we had to pack all of our things, put them in a locker, change rooms etc. The upside was that they upgraded us in a private dorm for the 2nd night. Also - toilets weren't very clean

• 29th May 2015
  • Belgium

First stay of my trip and had a great time. Solid breakfast, good facilities, and helpful staff. What more can you ask for?

3 toilets for the whole floor, no AC in the rooms, and no lockers in the rooms themselves. Pretty far from everything. The place was well maintained and had friendly staff though.

Love , love , love this place The staff is lovely and the place is nice decorated , funky style . The corridors are lovely and the posters are amazing . The rooms are clean and tidy , fresh look . Great atmosphere and good location

• 27th May 2015
  • Hungary

Probably one of the most terrible bed I ever sleep in.

The best thing about this Hostel is the Location. The shared kitchen is disgusting but they do have a staff member come in once a day to try to make it useable I have NEVER encountered such thoughtless travelers before who walk out of the kitchen leaving their dirty dishes piled in the sinks. But what was really disappointing was that when I arrived 50 minutes early for the 2 pm check in I was told I would have to pay for a locker if I wanted to leave my luggage until check in.

Location is the best thing about this Hostel. 5mins walk from temple bar, No16 bus stops outside hostel and goes directly to Airport. The Hostel was everything you expect for cheap weekend accommodation. We had a twin room with a shared bathroom, spotless with really comfy bed and bedding. (2nd pillow would have been nice). The only thing I didn't like was shared bathroom, it was mixed sex.

• 26th May 2015

I stayed at the biggest dorm. It was a bit messy but that's okay for the price, the bed was clean. I was lucky that I got the bed with power plugs right next to it. Showers and toilets were clean and nice. Showers could use a place to put your soap to. Warm water was plentiful. Staff was friendly and understanding, even though I overslept and checked out late. Wifi worked well in the lobby, but a bit poorly in the third floor. The location was good as it was near the pubs locals go to.

• 25th May 2015
  • Finland

Pretty good hostel all round, centrally located and a good price. Nice and clean and good availability of facilities, free breakfast was a nice touch. Bunks weren't labelled in our room but this didn't matter.

The main problem was the wifi, which was just really bad in the room. Other than that the room was pretty nice, the location is goof and the staff was friendly whenever we talked to them.

It was the smallest room I've ever stayed in and the bed was quite uncomfortable, squeaking with every move. It was quite expensive, but I guess I paid for convenience of location and privacy. Very helpful staff.

• 24th May 2015

We got stuck in the lift in Avalon House between floors 2 & 3, pressed the emergency button, nothing. . there were 6 people in the lift, 2 of who were starting to have panic attacks, at this stage my boyfriend and I had 2 try to open the doors of the lift and get everyone out. We managed this, at no time did anyone who worked in the hostel come to the lift and check we were ok. Not once did anyone who worked there attempt to do anything. Who knows how long we would have been stuck if we waited!

If you're looking for a party this probably isn't the place. Overall it was alright.