Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

They need to do something about the plumbing as the noise from pipes kept me awake, also had someone knocking on my door early in the morning, but overall it's not a bad spot and is in a good location

great place always come back her !

Green security light on the ceiling just above the beds. Impossible to get darkness to sleep. The window sound isolation was very poor. All outside sounds are heard in the room. All plumbing sounds are heard very loud.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Was pretty good. I've been to better hostels in my life but I've also been to worse. It's worth the money though because the clientele is generally pretty cool and there are a lot of places just around the corner to Avalon so the location is prime. Check it out :)

Cheap hostel, good location. Bad heating in the whole building, it was really cold. In one of two bathrooms on first floor are no mirrors over the washbasin. Too little power stations. No locker in bedroom, only downstairs.

It wasn't a fun and friendly hostel like advertised, the majority of people who were there lived in the hostel and got annoyed when people entered the room later than when they went to bed. The staff knew little about the local area, such as cheap places to go and eat. It was a bed and that was literally it.

• 29th Dec 2014

I just wanted to add my personal thanks, because even though we had a situation; you were really fantastic and I felt protected. THANK YOU! and keep up the good work :)

• 29th Dec 2014

I recommend this place to someone who's looking for a cheap place to stay in for a couple of nights but it's not a good place to hang around in. The common areas are too small so getting a comfortable place to sit in is tricky. Would benefit being cleaner and more comfortable. PS : Check out at 10am after NYE was tough. My friend and I had an old guy in our room that did his best to keep us awake until close to 6am. (noise, banging the door, threatening us)...

Everything okay about hostel

• Croatia

The heat didn't work, we report that and nobody fixed it.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Stayed in a twin private over Christmas, room was pretty small but can't complain for the price,clean, nice place, friendly staff, good wi-fi, good location. Would stay there again

The hostel needs baskets under the bunks, not just the cages on the main floor available for extra money. Guests are financially strapped and shouldn't have to pay extra to secure their clothes, phones, etc. Guests were all worried about their things being stolen.

Ye, I recommend this place. Close to the center, with big kitchen and enthusiastic atmosphere ;)

handy location. only there one night and it was perfect for our group. breakfast average but its free so can't complain :-)

I have stayed at this place three times now and it has become my go to hostel for Dublin. But it is not without its problems. There are no luggage cages in the room (which is not acceptable), the beds are just bunk beds and not the usual curtain, sockets and a light you get at most hostels. And there is no age limit. My last stay I got paired with a traveler (gypsy) couple that just had to sleep together and has a syringe laying on the counter (I didn't ask). Still I would highly recommend. =D

• 20th Dec 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and it has been very pleasant, well organised and a great place to stay. There are a lot of facilities Wifi, tablets, room sink, pool table and a coffee shop which offer a free basic breakfast and proves why it has won awards with free and lovely coffee. The staff are very nice and up for some banter and a laugh. Security is also tight but easy with a card &receipt to access reception, card to access to locker & room areas. Need more sockets in room tho

Good hostel, very Nice location, bit de reception staff was not friendly at all

Everything was really good except for the unfriendly staff. No coordination and unfriendly answers. Poor performance guys!

• 17th Dec 2014

It was a good place. We were afraid of finding something dark and dirty, but we were surprise when saw the room. Event the breakfast was included. If you are a budget traveler, Avalon House is a perfect option.

I think that it is expensive for the service that offers. There are a lot of common areas, but you cannot take your own alcohol and I think that this is against philosophy of hostels. Rooms are small and the linen were dirty.