Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

A good city hostel. Stayed here for a few nights in a private room and dorm. The private was small and plain but totally fine for my needs. Good shower/bathroom facilites although the hot water wasn't constant. Staff were nice, there was live music one evening which was cool. No complaints!

This was a nice hostel with great privacy (there were dividers in the large bunk rooms), but it was quite far from the main sites in Dublin. They have a nice airport shuttle that was much cheaper than a taxi, so be sure to ask about that if needed!

GREAT hostel. stay here. Location is central, free breakfast, staff is helpful, beds are clean. I had a great experience and would highly recommend.

I've been to many different hostels, but no staff compares to the staff I've ran into at Avalon. So incredibly kind and helpful, I found myself sad I had to leave. Not to mention, the location is fantastic.

• 24th May 2014

This was a great stay! Good breakfast, excellent location close to most of the things you want to visit in Dublin, sweet atmosphere with the cafe next door. I would recommend!

it was a great experience but unfortunately they raised the prices on us the next day we wanted to stay by 20 euros. This made our experience less great given we felt it might be more fair to support existing customers.

• 22nd May 2014

Great hostel, everything was clean and the kitchen and breakfasts were great.

Avalon house it's a nive hostel but there were some things that I really didn't like. The toilets are shared for men and women. The shower cabins are opened at the bottom, so while you are already dry and clean someone's dirty water is wetting your legs. There aren't enough plugs in the rooms... there were 2 plugs in a 10 people room so definitely you won't be able to charge your phone in the room. And there aren't any plugs in the toilets!! So you have to shave or dry your hair in the room.

• 20th May 2014
  • Poland

I am a middle aged woman & loved that I could get a private room with shower etc at a great price. Also the lovely breakfast included was very nice.

• 19th May 2014

Tank you avalon!! In the hostel there was a friendly atmosphere!!

• 18th May 2014

You get what you pay for. Private rooms are truly tiny and the beds are wooden boards with a thin mattress, but the showers are excellent, staff is friendly and location is great.

Don't stay here if you like showering & having clean facilities. Showers have spring-loaded "push-button" knobs that spray you with about 10 seconds of cold water at a time. What looked like blood splattered onto one of the walls of one of the toilet stalls. No one cleaned it for the 3 days I was there. Room only superficially clean - spots of something weird crusted onto one of the blankets, 'cleverly' hidden initially by the corner of the blanket being turned down. At least the wifi worked.

• 16th May 2014

Great stay, I don't have anything negative to say about Avalon House! It was a perfect weekend!

If coming from airport, direct bus #16 drops u off50m away, else is 15-20 minutes walk to bus stop to take bus to heuston train station.

Great place to stay! Staff was really friendly and helpful, and the rooms were nice. My only minor complaint was the shower was freezing cold even after I let it run for a few minutes. Other than that, I loved my stay!!

No real complains but it's a really big hostel, a little bit impersonal.

Our room was a little bit tiny, but it was OK

• 10th May 2014
  • Spain

Nice hostel and helpful staff....would stay here again. In fact I have already booked a bed in this place for my return to dublin.

The room is that I stayed in needed fixing. Bedlamp out of order and an odd smell. But the good staff and great facilities made up for it.

• 8th May 2014
  • Denmark

The beds are really uncomfortable, but for a night it totally works. It's in a great area and is very clean.

• 8th May 2014