Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Paid €160 for 2 nights in a 2 bed private room which looked more like a prison cell to be honest. The beds were made poorly and I'm not sure if the sheets we're even washed as there were hairs in them. It was hard to sleep at night since people come and go all the time making a lot of noise in the hall and in their rooms. The bathrooms (shared with the whole floor) didn't have hot water, the toilets we're almost always dirty and the showers felt like portable toilets you find in festivals.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

Avalon house is very conveniently located near a bus stop and a few minutes walk from anywhere in Dublin. Stayed in the 24 mixed dorm; about what we expected. Beds were average, and didn't get much sleep from the noise. Bathrooms were average as well. Appreciated the use of the storage lockers even after we checked out. Overall, a satisfactory experience.

Great place staff amazing thank u

Lovely staff and friendly atmosphere , you can feel safe and make friends very easy . We enjoyed our stay and we will come back .

Nice warm room. Stayed there for a couple of weeks and the staff were very helpful. It's on a street 3 mins from St Stephens green with lots of pubs and food choices near by

The hostel itself is very manageable, but the Avalon Room is not for travelers who are unused to the hostel environment. It was not clean.

• 11th Feb 2015

I had a very good stay at the Avalon House Hostel em Dublin, friendly environment, helpful staff, clean and safe. I highly recommend it definitely.

• 8th Feb 2015

The room was not very cleann they were old water bottles underneath one of our bed. There's no closets in the room but the worst are the showers. When you are taking your shower while others are, you almost don't get any water pressure and the window is always open, so the room is always cold. There is not enough place to hang your dry clothes while showering. The free breakfast could be improve with fruits.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

I´m still asking me: how is possible a place like a hostel, in a cold country like Ireland leave the bathroom´s windows open during the winter? WTF???!!! Are you kiding, guys? Is this a strategy to make guest take less shower? Another thing... The facilities are very nice, you spent lot´s of money in structure. Congratulations! But maybe noy is time to invest on rooms atmosphere. A least four bedrooms is awful!

We stayed at the Avalon hostel last week and had an overall unpleasant experience. We arrived late evening and the staff were slow, unresponsive, and unhelpful. The room was TINY and the bathroom was even smaller. The price for product was dissapointing and when we were looking for something to do in the evening, no one was helpful and the atmosphere was not fun. We ended up checking out a day early and still paying for our reservation. Do not stay here unless only interested in location.

Great place to stay with friends.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Spain

We have been there for 3 nights, and we have not complain at all.... Only sometimes we could hear music, but maybe it was becasuse our dorm was located over the recepcíon and they had music on 24 hours, but I request to the staff to lower the volumen and the did it inmediatly. I recommend the place!!

I choose to stay in the hostel when I'm travel to feel like home and to save money,no doubt I get all this in Avalon. The location are good and easy for me to go anywhere. The facilities are great ,they have many things to make my stay enjoyable and I never get bored. Im definitely recommend to everyone for come and stay here in Avalon,because all ur needs u will find it here.

Wonderful stay. Clean hostel and very very friendly staff. Close to all tourist attractions.

Very Hip and Cool hostel with a feeling of community if that's what you're after. Very basic, but all that's needed to sleep. Free breakfast is a nice bonus - cereal and toast, help yourself and there is a nice cafe on site as well if you want a 'real' coffee or anything more substantial. Lot's of young people and groups of friends etc - in our mid 40's I think we were the oldest staying there! If money's an issue and you're not too worried about home comforts, this is a good place.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Change rooms within the older bathrooms would be ideal opposed to broken showers and toilets.

• 21st Jan 2015

Great hostel! Thank u!

Great value and location spot on

I really enjoyed Avalon House. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the room was of adequate size. I would definitely stay here again...

The location and the staff are great. I spent a few days in a dorm in January and the room was freezing.