Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I don't understand why this hostel won an award for "one of the best hostel" 25€ for a night in a 24 beds room... Beds are too small, old and rusty. The breakfast is good and the shower is warm but, for me it's to expensive for what it is.

I stayed here the first time 6 years ago and this place has not changed apart from the cafe! It's a great hostel, not super modern but clean and functional with everything you need and in a good location. Direct bus from the airport and not expensive. Can't as for too much more.

Great location , friendly helpful staff , well equipped clean kitchen area for cooking , massive lockers for storage available also to rent ,

over all fantastic. I just would have liked a spray head in the shower. was a little awkward having the water just spurting out of the wall like that. but the place is fantastic other wise. would definitely stay again. thanks.

Nice hostel close to everything to see in dublin. Easy to get to from both the airport and the bus station

I stayed in a 22 bed dorm... nightmare... the roonm had no ventilation at all means that 22 people stinking since always would make the place very unpleasant. I asked the reception to open on of the window on the top and received a yes, but nobody really came up to open it( high windows) so if you get a 22 bed dorms there, I'm deeply sorry. The breakfast is very poor.And no room service during the long time stayed there only a Hoover on the carpet and new beds been prepared. Means dirty.sheets.

Good hostel , clean rooms , nice staff

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Romania

We stayed on the fourth floor in a private room. It was tiny but had everything we needed. The bathroom and showers were shared for the floor. Everything was clean and well maintained during the day. The only issue I would mention was a bad smell on the whole floor and in the room. I would still recomend the hostel because it's 5mins walk from the Temple Bar area and in a cool part of town. The breakfast was good and the staff supernice. The great price helps too! We'll be back for sure!

Super nice&kind staff! :) Facilities are better for the money than the facilites in my student housing appartment! Keep it going! :)

Overall it was a good stay. I went back a second time because the location is great! The staff were great and very helpful. The accommodations are good, but for the cost compared to services/amenities I would say it's not the best value in Ireland from my experience over the two week vacation.

Good hostel, pretty standard stuff. Breakfast okay, instant coffee isn't really my jam. Nice looking lounge area.

Staff was very informative and happy to spend time helping residents

• 7th Sep 2015

Great hostel but the kitchen Would need a little update.

• 6th Sep 2015

Lovely place with brilliant lication . I will definatley stay again but be aware the beds are shocking. Ive stayed a few times and every time i would be more comfortable on the floor..

Provided us with what we needed for a great stay for stag weekend

• 4th Sep 2015
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 31-40

One of the best hostels I've stayed at-- so full of character!

• 3rd Sep 2015

Decent facilities. Clean. Breakfast was a bit on the scanty side. Met lots of people in my dorm room, but not really anywhere else in the hostel. Tons of tours from the hostel and in the area - easily accessible.

We had a lot of problems with the cards to enter in the room. We had to change it twice and it was late in the night! You don't have a lot of "hostel" feeling, there is no bar to meet other people or so.. They don't organise something.. Or maybe it was low season I don't know... Anyway it was not a bad hostel if someone wants just to sleep and rest while enjoying the beautiful Dublin

• 1st Sep 2015

Half of all bathrooms and showers were out of order. Staff was not very courteous/helpful. I got the least for the most money during my time in Ireland.

• 30th Aug 2015