Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

3 toilets for the whole floor, no AC in the rooms, and no lockers in the rooms themselves. Pretty far from everything. The place was well maintained and had friendly staff though.

Love , love , love this place The staff is lovely and the place is nice decorated , funky style . The corridors are lovely and the posters are amazing . The rooms are clean and tidy , fresh look . Great atmosphere and good location

• 27th May 2015
  • Hungary

Probably one of the most terrible bed I ever sleep in.

The best thing about this Hostel is the Location. The shared kitchen is disgusting but they do have a staff member come in once a day to try to make it useable I have NEVER encountered such thoughtless travelers before who walk out of the kitchen leaving their dirty dishes piled in the sinks. But what was really disappointing was that when I arrived 50 minutes early for the 2 pm check in I was told I would have to pay for a locker if I wanted to leave my luggage until check in.

Location is the best thing about this Hostel. 5mins walk from temple bar, No16 bus stops outside hostel and goes directly to Airport. The Hostel was everything you expect for cheap weekend accommodation. We had a twin room with a shared bathroom, spotless with really comfy bed and bedding. (2nd pillow would have been nice). The only thing I didn't like was shared bathroom, it was mixed sex.

• 26th May 2015

I stayed at the biggest dorm. It was a bit messy but that's okay for the price, the bed was clean. I was lucky that I got the bed with power plugs right next to it. Showers and toilets were clean and nice. Showers could use a place to put your soap to. Warm water was plentiful. Staff was friendly and understanding, even though I overslept and checked out late. Wifi worked well in the lobby, but a bit poorly in the third floor. The location was good as it was near the pubs locals go to.

• 25th May 2015
  • Finland

Pretty good hostel all round, centrally located and a good price. Nice and clean and good availability of facilities, free breakfast was a nice touch. Bunks weren't labelled in our room but this didn't matter.

The main problem was the wifi, which was just really bad in the room. Other than that the room was pretty nice, the location is goof and the staff was friendly whenever we talked to them.

It was the smallest room I've ever stayed in and the bed was quite uncomfortable, squeaking with every move. It was quite expensive, but I guess I paid for convenience of location and privacy. Very helpful staff.

• 24th May 2015

We got stuck in the lift in Avalon House between floors 2 & 3, pressed the emergency button, nothing. . there were 6 people in the lift, 2 of who were starting to have panic attacks, at this stage my boyfriend and I had 2 try to open the doors of the lift and get everyone out. We managed this, at no time did anyone who worked in the hostel come to the lift and check we were ok. Not once did anyone who worked there attempt to do anything. Who knows how long we would have been stuck if we waited!

If you're looking for a party this probably isn't the place. Overall it was alright.

My daughter (27 years) and I (a mom of 60 years) stayed three nights at Avalon Guest House. While not anything pretty to look at, the room was clean and secure. The bedding and bed were comfortable. The continental breakfast was very basic, but the cafe offered inexpensive and yummy items. The staff was courteous, helpful, and resourceful. If you need chocolate on your pillow this is not the place for you. But if you relish being around young and funky, this is the place.

• 22nd May 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

excellent stay

Great place with very good rates! If you look for a clean place and quite place, in City Center with good service and very nice staff, you've come to the right place. Really appreciate the help from the staff at any hour. For sure, worth returning to it ;)

• 15th May 2015
  • Romania

The hostel was good, had everything you need. Decent breakfast included and wifi in the rooms. Unisex bathrooms were a downfall for me though.

Very nice breakfast, very clean, a bit noisy

Best accommodation , great location , helpful staff , clean rooms.

• 14th May 2015

We spent a great moment on Avalon House. The room and the bathroom were very clean. We had to booked our trip to Connemera directly from the Avalon House. We are very closed to all momunents of the city and specially closed to Temple bar so we had to enjoy Nights of Dublin. Thanks to the all employees of the House for Their kindness.

• 13th May 2015

Enjoyed our stay at Avalon House, Dublin! Our room was neat and clean. We felt very safe there. And the free breakfast was an added blessing! 😊.

• 11th May 2015

This place would have been excellent, but unfortunatelly WIFI inside room 205 did not work and these days without internet one can't do necessary tasks.