Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

I don't have much experiences with hostels, but I loved that one! Nice, clean, friendly, cheap, excellent location, 24 hours airport shuttle, just perfect!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Bulgaria

The place feels safe and to move within the building, you regularly need your key (key card), that you can of course get only if you have a room there. There are lockers for 2€/day. The showers/toilets were I was were clean and new but males and females had to share it.

• 21st Mar 2014

I loved the hostel, the only downside for me was men & women sharing toilet facilities. At night it made me feel quite uncomfortable.

Likes: Location, Atmosphere and Staff Dislikes: Bunk Beds, Rooms were small, No storage/lockers in rooms, noisy.

A LITTLE NOISY AT NIGHT SINCE OUR ROOM WAS ON STREET SIDE. WASN'T AWAR\E THAT THE TOWELS WERE AVAILABLE FOR $3 EACH RENTAL. IT SAID LINENS WERE AVAILABLE. OTHER HOSTELS STATED SHEETS AVAILABLE WHERE TOWELS WERE NOT INCLUDED IN ROOM RATE. VERY GOOD LOCATION FOR TOURING AROUND DUBLIN.

I stayed in a room for 6 people, it was originally meant to be a room for just 4 but there was confusion... I don't know how... but the staff was happy to help fix it and the room they switched us to was nice, clean, comfortable. The ensuite was decent as well. The lockers system they have for leaving luggage is ridiculously unorganized though.

Nothing bad or good stood out to me about this hostel. Pretty good I guess

Great location, ok wifi connection, friendly staff and good facilities. Not a great hostel for meeting new people, so not recommended for solo travellers like myself. The rooms were adequate however on my first night I was put into a room with wet paint which wasn't great.

I had a Problem with your room, there exist bed-bugs!!!. I realized when I awoke in the morning. Please clean that room more properly. I never before had such problem in any irish hostel. So please do something against this, it is horrible. I have still the red pustels all over my arms and hands (with seems to be very typical as the doctors say).

Great water pressure in the shower. Really noisy while trying to sleep, I mean like 2am-5am people were really loud, walls are very thin, you can hear a lot but we appreciate when we went to the receptionist to tell them about the noise it quieted down a bit. Great kitchen and cool environment to get on the computer, watch a little tv and nice cafe with good options!

All very friendly and helpful but housekeeping have the unfortunate habit of entering rooms without knocking first. This occured on at least three ocasions in our 2 day stay. The showers are weak and tepid, not upto the standard experienced on previous visits. Stained matresses on bunk beds give a bad impression.

• 13th Mar 2014

The music in the lobby was awesome!

Great stay. Lovely staff. Good location and super helpful with info about the city.

Tiny room, smelt of body odour! No hot water in wash hand basin, no plug in wash hand basin. Nice breakfast area. Slow wi-fi.

Stayed for 9 nights. Free breakfast and WiFi. Cafe with plenty of choices re meals Deals etc. Awesome kitchen well equipped Showers were on solar system, don't expect hot showers they were luke warm, even after running them for awhile. Also push button on a timer mission washing. was given a double bed sheet folded over on my bed, which was really uncomfortable, i often woke sleeping on the mattress cover. After day four it was finally changed to two sheets. bliss. Will stay again.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

The showers and toilets were a little dirty, and the staff was not so friendly. Besides that, everything is good.

They had a problem with their sewage system, the whole place smelled like a toilet. Oh yeah and our roommates were substance abusers. Other than that fabulous.

There was no hot water for the showers - at all!! And the Unisex bathrooms aint doing it for me -_-

This hostel is amazing! The only thing I can complain about is that the showers were cold. They were having problems with the boiler that they usually don't have, according to the staff. So I think it is not normally like this!

• 27th Feb 2014