Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great value for money. Very central. Staff are helpful and polite.

Super thin walls!!!

• 1st Jun 2014

A women's bathroom would be nice

• 31st May 2014

This was my first hostel visit EVER! I wasnt sure what to expect honestly, but my mind was blown by the extremely helpful customer service. and they were so polite too!

• 31st May 2014

Great hostel, great location and very friendly staff with good security, would recommend to friends and others

Everyone was super awesome!

Breakfast was sparse, would be nice to have a toaster available. Other than that was a good hostel. Very helpful staff. We got caught out with bank holiday weekend therefore I put average for 'value for money' as we paid more than I think we should have. :)

• 28th May 2014
  • New Zealand

If u come from airport, bus #16 drops u off close to the hostel. If u come from train then there is a 15 min walk from the bus stop at the bridge.

No lockers in the rooms makes it difficult,

A good city hostel. Stayed here for a few nights in a private room and dorm. The private was small and plain but totally fine for my needs. Good shower/bathroom facilites although the hot water wasn't constant. Staff were nice, there was live music one evening which was cool. No complaints!

This was a nice hostel with great privacy (there were dividers in the large bunk rooms), but it was quite far from the main sites in Dublin. They have a nice airport shuttle that was much cheaper than a taxi, so be sure to ask about that if needed!

GREAT hostel. stay here. Location is central, free breakfast, staff is helpful, beds are clean. I had a great experience and would highly recommend.

I've been to many different hostels, but no staff compares to the staff I've ran into at Avalon. So incredibly kind and helpful, I found myself sad I had to leave. Not to mention, the location is fantastic.

• 24th May 2014

This was a great stay! Good breakfast, excellent location close to most of the things you want to visit in Dublin, sweet atmosphere with the cafe next door. I would recommend!

it was a great experience but unfortunately they raised the prices on us the next day we wanted to stay by 20 euros. This made our experience less great given we felt it might be more fair to support existing customers.

• 22nd May 2014

Great hostel, everything was clean and the kitchen and breakfasts were great.

Avalon house it's a nive hostel but there were some things that I really didn't like. The toilets are shared for men and women. The shower cabins are opened at the bottom, so while you are already dry and clean someone's dirty water is wetting your legs. There aren't enough plugs in the rooms... there were 2 plugs in a 10 people room so definitely you won't be able to charge your phone in the room. And there aren't any plugs in the toilets!! So you have to shave or dry your hair in the room.

• 20th May 2014
  • Poland

I am a middle aged woman & loved that I could get a private room with shower etc at a great price. Also the lovely breakfast included was very nice.

• 19th May 2014

Tank you avalon!! In the hostel there was a friendly atmosphere!!

• 18th May 2014

You get what you pay for. Private rooms are truly tiny and the beds are wooden boards with a thin mattress, but the showers are excellent, staff is friendly and location is great.