Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Nice hostel and helpful staff....would stay here again. In fact I have already booked a bed in this place for my return to dublin.

The room is that I stayed in needed fixing. Bedlamp out of order and an odd smell. But the good staff and great facilities made up for it.

• 8th May 2014
  • Denmark

The beds are really uncomfortable, but for a night it totally works. It's in a great area and is very clean.

• 8th May 2014

Water in shower was a bit cold

Breakfast included is now limited to white and brown bread, butter and jam, cereals. Coffee is instant powder and hot water only, everything else has to be bought in the hostel's coffee shop... Showers not really clean. Private room 303 really small, "bed" is some strange wooden construction.

• 5th May 2014

Our keycards almost never worked and we had to repeatedly ask the front desk to fix them. Also, upon arrival, there was someone sleeping in my bed, and it took the staff a fairly long time to assist.

• 4th May 2014

Good stuff, but you guys really need some electrical plugs near the beds ;)

• 2nd May 2014

Wi Fi connection was very poor and un- stable.

• 1st May 2014

We couldnt sleep on the mattress in our room. I gave up after half of the night on it and my mothers back hurted a lot on the morning.

We stayed for three nights in a ensuite mixed 6 bed dorm and had a very nice stay. It was very basic, no "frills", but thats exactly what we expected from a hostel. The room and bathroom were clean. The bathroom set up was a little odd, but worked just fine. The staff were very friendly. They offer secure luggage lockers for a small fee, which were a great size and easily accessible. The free breakfast was also very basic, but good and the coffee shop offered many other options to purchase too.

• 24th Apr 2014

I stayed at Avalon Hostel for 2 days with my son of 12. We spent an excellent moment. The staff is very nice and always available, all day and night. They try to help you to have a good staying. Rooms are simple but clean, as the shared bathroom and toilets. They are cleaned regularly. Free breakfast at the café is very good and practical. WIFI efficient. So, very happy of this hostel, with security card to enter in the hostel and different parts. Next time to Dublin, go back to Avalon H.

Great location for what I needed

• 22nd Apr 2014

Staying at Avalon House was simply a blast. Perfect location (direct access from/to airport by Bus No16 and all attractions are walking distance), clean rooms & restrooms, helpful & friendly staff.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

My room was directly across from the floor's bathroom, meaning I was hearing people going in and out of the bathroom at all hours of the night.

Perfect 2 nights in Dublin - exactly what we needed! Thank you for being so welcoming when we arrived early and advised us to use the lockers to store our bags in so we could go exploring. The room was adequate for what we needed, would have preferred to have a sheet that covered the mattress as it was very easy to move the sheet and reveal the mattress. Clean room, toilets and showers. Always helpful at the desk when we asked about sightseeing and breakfast kept us going during the day. thanks

• 15th Apr 2014

The only bad point of Avalon House was the room's wet smell which wasn't very friendly. And the breakfast is really simple and limited. But the rest was very good.

• 14th Apr 2014

Great place, amazing owners - the nicest people in Crete. Highly recommended

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Israel

After a horrific experience at Kinlay House I was delighted to find Avalon House again. I'd forgotten they had an elevator (lift). The two hostels are owned by same person, but the staff at Avalon House were EXCELLENT in comparison to my Kinlay House Dublin experience. I had a 6 bed room all to myself for 2 nights and then shared with folks I never saw much of the third night. The lift (elevator) made it so much better!! Book online at Hostelworld as the hostel charges more when you book w/them

Pretty decent. Good location, net doesn't work everywhere. Pretty basic b

We chilled out in the avalon room. Had a great long weekend. Oldschool.

• 4th Apr 2014