Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Wi Fi connection was very poor and un- stable.

• 1st May 2014

We couldnt sleep on the mattress in our room. I gave up after half of the night on it and my mothers back hurted a lot on the morning.

We stayed for three nights in a ensuite mixed 6 bed dorm and had a very nice stay. It was very basic, no "frills", but thats exactly what we expected from a hostel. The room and bathroom were clean. The bathroom set up was a little odd, but worked just fine. The staff were very friendly. They offer secure luggage lockers for a small fee, which were a great size and easily accessible. The free breakfast was also very basic, but good and the coffee shop offered many other options to purchase too.

• 24th Apr 2014

I stayed at Avalon Hostel for 2 days with my son of 12. We spent an excellent moment. The staff is very nice and always available, all day and night. They try to help you to have a good staying. Rooms are simple but clean, as the shared bathroom and toilets. They are cleaned regularly. Free breakfast at the café is very good and practical. WIFI efficient. So, very happy of this hostel, with security card to enter in the hostel and different parts. Next time to Dublin, go back to Avalon H.

Great location for what I needed

• 22nd Apr 2014

Staying at Avalon House was simply a blast. Perfect location (direct access from/to airport by Bus No16 and all attractions are walking distance), clean rooms & restrooms, helpful & friendly staff.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

My room was directly across from the floor's bathroom, meaning I was hearing people going in and out of the bathroom at all hours of the night.

Perfect 2 nights in Dublin - exactly what we needed! Thank you for being so welcoming when we arrived early and advised us to use the lockers to store our bags in so we could go exploring. The room was adequate for what we needed, would have preferred to have a sheet that covered the mattress as it was very easy to move the sheet and reveal the mattress. Clean room, toilets and showers. Always helpful at the desk when we asked about sightseeing and breakfast kept us going during the day. thanks

• 15th Apr 2014

The only bad point of Avalon House was the room's wet smell which wasn't very friendly. And the breakfast is really simple and limited. But the rest was very good.

• 14th Apr 2014

Great place, amazing owners - the nicest people in Crete. Highly recommended

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Israel

After a horrific experience at Kinlay House I was delighted to find Avalon House again. I'd forgotten they had an elevator (lift). The two hostels are owned by same person, but the staff at Avalon House were EXCELLENT in comparison to my Kinlay House Dublin experience. I had a 6 bed room all to myself for 2 nights and then shared with folks I never saw much of the third night. The lift (elevator) made it so much better!! Book online at Hostelworld as the hostel charges more when you book w/them

Pretty decent. Good location, net doesn't work everywhere. Pretty basic b

We chilled out in the avalon room. Had a great long weekend. Oldschool.

• 4th Apr 2014

Everything was perfect except for the full Irish breakfast we ordered in the morning, which was not cooked properly. However the staff refunded us so we were happy happy leaving, thank you.

The bathrooms were beyond disgusting, there were old clothes between my bed and the wall, my sheets smelled of body odor, there was no security measures, all of the bathrooms were coed, and the place was generally unsafe and extremely unclean.

Sockets that didn't work. And only two in a 10 bed room... lack of lamps. Need to use the corridor light not to disturb others. Difficulty to keep dry clothes in the showers. Otherwise it was ok.

While the location,price, and staff were great, the walls were paper thin. Anyway to keep the light from above rooms from coming in to a twin bed ensuite? The great coffee shop next door was where we hung out.

• 1st Apr 2014

It was hard to find the hostel because augier street is rather short, and the entrance to hostel is on a different street. Staff was very nice. location was good. It was nice that a towel was provided at no charge. Breakfast was not great, but the whole experience met my needs of just needing lodging for one night at an inexpensive price. I really liked having a private room as compared to other hostel experiences.

I didn't appreciate having to pay to rent a locker when most hostels provide them in the room for free. I also had a serious safety concern--I don't mind staying in a mixed dorm, but it's a problem when I'm one of two girls stuck in the same room as a group of 10 drunk Englishmen who 1. couldn't control their bowels and 2. made comments like, "___, don't rape the girl in the room." Plan out room assignments better next time.

• 28th Mar 2014

I stayed here a couple weeks ago during my time in Dublin with my friend. The vibe of the hostel is really great and they have great facilities. I didn't use the kitchen so I can't say anything about that but the facilities are fantastic. The guys working the front desk were very nice and funny and they helped my friend and I book a day trip to Glendalough (which I highly recommend doing!). They also have tablets with internet which are available for use! Overall great stay, definitely recommend

• 28th Mar 2014