Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The staff was fantastic about answering all types of questions. The room was exactly what we expected and very clean, but the shower curtain was super smelly and if that small (cheap) change was made, the room would have been perfect for what we paid.

• 28th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here plus it's only meters away from my favorite club

• 24th Aug 2014

I don't really like the mixed bathrooms but everything else was great as always.

great hostel, central location in Dublin. Everything you need you will find at Avalon House. Some rooms are a bit tiny. ;) The beds are too short for me. (2.03m tall person ^^ )

• 21st Aug 2014

They charge a 2euro fee to pay with a card if it is under 20e, which I have never experienced anywhere else.

Cosy rooms and good facilities. Not so clean and the mattresses are stained badly but it doesn't feel particularly gross so wouldn't stress. More of a hostel suited for groups.

The room was tiny. The shower didn't work properly

Rooms were quite small.

The self catering kitchen closes too early

• 10th Aug 2014

There were more than enough toilets and showers for the number of people who stayed in the hostel. And I really liked the common room where you could use the tablet, wifi, sofas and at the reception they even had a mobile phone charger i could borrow. The staff was very kind and friendly. It was a nice stay and it was a pity that it was fully booked for the next week, when i was back in Dublin.

• 7th Aug 2014

Free breakfast is very very poor! I think you should add some ham, cheese, boiled eggs etc. Only 2 plugs in a room for 12 are not enough. Only this, all the rest is ok i love this place and my friends too

• 6th Aug 2014

Toiletts and showers were really old and not that clean. The room was so small you couldn't really move. Besides best breakfast I had in a hostel in Ireland.

I stayed in a room on the 1st floor. Immediately when you come onto the floor you are greeted with a smell of sweat and stuffiness. The room was a split level room with 8 beds downstairs and 8 upstairs. A small room, cramped, one socket, no chairs at all, and I'm not sure how the room passes fire saefty regulations for it's size!? Downstairs, one member of staff was quite rude telling me the kitchen was closed (when I knew this) and was just looking through the glass.I would not stay here again.

Toilet facilities in room were not good - no seat. Not enough outlets. Luggage room was damp (more than damp, wet) and smelly. Breakfast mediocre but included, so hard to fault. Room was very warm at night and a lot of street noise. Location good, bus just outside.

Just perfect for students!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Loved our stay at Avalon House. Great facilities, near to many things to do in Dublin, but not in the center of the Temple Bar madness. Great pub right across the street. Great free breakfast with in-house cafe if you want something more filling. Lockers for rent if you need them (downstairs in a room with security cameras). Our room with 2 bunk beds was cramped but good for a quick stay.

Great location, helpful staff, awesome coffee shop and one of the best hostels we have stayed at on this vacation. Thank you!

The shower was awefull. Keep pressing that 5 second button to get just a little of water to come out from that pipe! Also the hot water is flowing and all of a suden it gets cold and you have to wait a while until it gets warm again. And don't forget to keep pressing that 5 second button or the water stops! Other than that the room seemed all clean and the beds weren't bad. So in the end I have to give the facilities the "poor" grade for that. I value my money, but not in a cheap way.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It is a great hostel, indeed. Perfect location, very cheap, nice breakfast, helpful staff (and cute, haha) and good facilities plus it's SUPER CLEAN! The bathrooms are unisex, so it can be quite annoying sometimes. I wish I could have stayed there a little longer!

4-bed dorm was the smallest I've seen yet. Staff are so great, they'll do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable! Only a few steps from the bus stop. Hostel organizes a lot of events. Spacious kitchen and common area.