Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

El hostel está muy bueno y bien ubicado, me encanta esta zona de Dublin. Para llegar al 100% le faltarían pequeñas cosas como colocar más enchufes en los cuartos, que no alcanzan para todos, y cambiar el modo en que se sirve el papel higiénico en los baños, es muy incómodo! Ah y es verdad lo de los ruidos que han comentado otros. Los pisos parecen estar construido sobre madera vieja que cruje cada vez que alguien va caminando, pero dentro de todo no me afectó esto.

Very good hostel with an awesome localization, the bedrooms and toilets were very clean and tidy. The only problem for me was that the bed made noise with minor movement. Overall I really recommend this hostel.

I liked the place. Very good for the money.

Good hostel overall, fun atmosphere, bit further from popular bars but still within walking distance. Fairly clean and well maintained. One thing that was weird to me was single room for M/F washroom and showers; individual stalls with locks but still different.

If you are with a group of friends and don't want to associate with anyone else, than this place is for you! However, if you were like me, and travelling alone, than this is not the place for you to stay. The hostel puts on walking tours in the morning and afternoon, but at night they rarely have any events or get togethers in the common room. Everyone pretty much kept to themselves and I only was able to meet and talk with my roommates and one other person.

• 27th Apr 2015

good hostel but kitchen was pretty dirty and wifi keeps cutting in and out where ever you are

Besides some minor things (like: kitchen closing at 10p.m, the staff taking the tablets away in the middle of the night and the showers not having a way to select temperature) I pretty enjoyed my staying at Avalon House. It's well situated, the breakfast is good, I felt safe and everything was clean.

Hi, I stayed at the Avalon House for a couple of nights. I´d like to recommend the fixing or refurbishing of the showers on the fourth floor and also to have more female rooms available: I had to share my room with males because there´s only one female room. As for the breakfast, some more food could be included. The staff was excellent. Laura.

Everything was brilliant.. The staff was always smiley, amazing, and helpful and the place was fine

Wonderful stay. Well run hostel.

Good Hostel with a great location , friendly staff and clean rooms . The dinner was delicous , i enjoyed the cake .

Excellent experience. Totally unexpected. Nice clean room. Super fast free wifi. Good breakfast to begin the day. It is all what a hostel should be !

• 17th Apr 2015
  • India

been twice now and is good for what you pay. some staff a bit stand offish

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

A nicely located hostel close walking distance to south william street bars. The 4 bed rooms are way too small I felt very chlostrophobic + there is only 1 power outlet for 4 people to charge all their various items/do your hair as they have no power outlets in the bathrooms (Ireland's rules not the hostels) I changed to a 6 bed and it was more spacious. They have no locks in the room which is a pain when u have to go downstairs to lock up your things. Wifi is patchy otherwise decent hostel

Great location , nice staff , clean rooms.

This hostel is located very close to the city center. Only a few minutes to walk to O'Conell and Graffton Street. The staff was very friendly and helped with every problem. The rooms are small but okay. The value for money is so good - everybody who wants to stay in Dublin for one night has to take a look for this hostel!

Ugly restrooms and shower. Dirty bedstuff. Really lound neighbours in the night. We won't come again.

• 12th Apr 2015

Room 102 is too noisy, you need to put insulated glazing otherwise we can hear the cars all night long. Also we can hear the people from room 101 like if they were in the same room ! there is a little space above the wall that needs to be draughtproofed. And we hear the people from upstairs as well. Price was too expensive for the poor sleeping we had due to the noise.Also the window can be very easily opened from outside, it does not lock.And one of the bed is too old and needs to be replaced.

I slept 3 days in a 8 dorm room and then 2 days in the 24 dorm room. In my opinion a cheap option to sleep in Dublin near the city town. Bath/Showers are really clean. The rooms are good enough also. It is a big Hotel so there can be lot of people in the common rooms. Breakfast is just okay.

Friendly and helpful staff, free maps , free breakfast , free wifi , free walking tour.The posters are very nice and cool.