Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great Hostel ! no more words to say

• 28th Aug 2015

We were very happy with our stay at Avalon Hose. The place had a very nice 'vibe, and the staff were very helpful - and patient! As well as other advice, on both nights the staff member on duty recommended a pub for us to go to to - and where there would be live music - and they were both excellent recommendations. Jim and Daniel.

• 27th Aug 2015

Hostel was in a great location, so much to offer as well

Nice stay , great and helpful staff and clean rooms . Lovely place to stay .

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Spain

I stayed in the 24 bed dorm so I had low expectations - Staff were friendly, if you smile and act politely so will they! 24 bed dorm was very hot and the power points were slightly inconveniently placed, with such a big room you're bound to get some bad room mates but other than one guy who snored like a steam train everyone was pleasant. Showers are button pressed and don't really stay hot but they're clean (also your stuff will get wet so take less into the shower!) Would recommend!

• 26th Aug 2015

It was my first time in Italy so I was a bit afraid, but nothing bad happened, the hostel is near the subway, it was clean, the shower working well and the staff friendly. Of course it's a really cheap place to stay but it works.

the staff was very friendly and helpful, they helped me to book a day trip which i loved very much! thanks for everything :)

I was really impressed with how much you helped me to master using a tablet as I tried to book my next place to stay. It's an interesting building - I liked the layout of the room with two beds put on a mezzanine! The place we had breakfast was also characterful and the guests' kitchen well equipped. The lift was rather erratic, but then it's unusual to find a hostel with a lift. The main drawback was it's rather remote from the tourist centre and the transport links.

The staff were lovely and extremely helpful. It was my first experience of staying in a hostel and I will definitely be back again. Thanks Melanie

• 21st Aug 2015

Extremely small rooms..could even breath at night. But breakfast was good.

I have travelled around many countries in europe. It is the first time I need to pay for storage...it is completely stupid. 2 euros per day for a locker...this should be free....and I had to change room twice...so it is not my choice...ridiculous...but thhe lady at the desk was super nice.

Stayed for 3 nights over the week. had a private room with own bathroom on the 3rd floor. both clean. good value for money even if it was a bit small. I had just a small cabin baggage so it was fine, I would not imagine someone coming with 1 or 2 big baggages.... Had hot showers so this was perfect. the room was quiet. the hallways were clean and well decorated. the only bad thing which is very annoying is the elevator working 1 time out of 5.

Central Hostel , clean rooms , nice staff , free maps , free breakfast , free internet

• 17th Aug 2015

Free breakfast was really good. The common kitchen is huge and very busy; also there are two common areas, ping pong, a library shelf, and four computers available to access the internet. The staff were always accommodating and helped me charge my phone every day (since I lost my converter). No lockers were in the rooms, though, and the shower was beyond weird - ours drained so slow that it flooded the shared toilet when you used it.

The Hostel was clean, well located for all the amenities and tourist attractions and very quiet during the night, so a good nights sleep! The staff were helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable on the attractions Dublin had to offer. The age range of the guests were broad, which meant that the hostel was not a party house and everyone respected the needs of the other guest. I would highly recommend Avalon House.

• 14th Aug 2015

Good clean hostel About a 10min walk from town centre Single room was good value for money only it could have had a thicker/bigger mattress.

Everything was OK, the position of the hostel is great, the only little problem was the bed: we have not a matrimonial one but two single in a very very very (..) small room. But considered the city it's justifiable.

A lot of noise during the night. Impossible to sleep!

• 12th Aug 2015

It was my first time in a hostel and it was a wonderful experience.

Location is very good for going out at night. Close to a lot of bars and cute areas. Atmosphere was chill, met some cool people. Hostels in Dublin are cheap which is awesome. Only downside I can think of is that my 4person room didn't have a bathroom ensuite but my friend's 4person room did. This wasn't super clear in the booking. Not a huge deal though. Take a day trip to Howth if you can swing it, it's beautiful.