Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

There was no hot water for the showers - at all!! And the Unisex bathrooms aint doing it for me -_-

This hostel is amazing! The only thing I can complain about is that the showers were cold. They were having problems with the boiler that they usually don't have, according to the staff. So I think it is not normally like this!

• 27th Feb 2014

Very good

• 24th Feb 2014

No complaints here. I liked it here,I had a private room to myself for 3 nights and bathrooms and showers right next door and always found them clean. Good breakfast and the "The Bald Barista" cafe attached had lovely coffee. Staff were fine. Its typical of big hostels where u dont really meet many people to chat with, I found it to be more of an international student campus all wired up on phones and laptops!!!!!! I will stay here again next time in Dublin. One of the better hostels in Dublin.

This is a great value hostel in a convenient part of time, free breakfast is excellent and the staff are very helpful. My only complaint is that the showers weren't always that warm!

Awesome Hostel, exellent location in the city center of Dublin! In my opinion the best hostel in town!!

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Overall our experience at Avalon House was just okay. The staff was rude during check in, but other employees were helpful later in the weekend. The bathrooms were dirty and there was no such thing as a warm shower and the toilets were clogged the entire time we were there. Lockers and towels were available to rent although the cost of these items was higher than I've encountered at other hostels. Not a terrible choice, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

maybe improve the laudry service.

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

2nd time staying here, good place , only thing I don't like is lockers are downstairs and not in your room, overall a good hostel for Dublin.

We've had a nice stay at Avalon House. The staff is wonderful. Two problems thought, no juice on free breakfast, and some people using the bathrooms to smoke, which leaves us smell and cold when we want to shower.

• 11th Feb 2014

All staff is nice but Max and Milano are especially helpful!

Great place, great location, the free breakfast is limited though... I didn't find the staff very friendly but I met good people there!

• 31st Jan 2014