Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Good location; not directly downtown but close enough to easily walk. Maybe 8 minutes to Temple Bar area. Amazing staff, lots of information available to guests. Security at the door, card required to enter living areas. Shared bathrooms, good facilities.

Awesome place, and such a great price especially over stpatrics day week! Found it last minute and soap glad we did. Everything was clean and the staff we're all great considering the time ofheading was. Security is intense, you have to have your swipe card to get through almost every door. Makes you feel very safe. Loved this hostel. Would definitely stay again :)

• 15th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

My first time to ever stay in a hostel. I'll be doing that again. I really enjoyed it.

It was very noisy and the girls in our group were really not happy with the mixed gender bathrooms.

Avalon House is in a prime location which meant for an enjoyable stay because everything was so close. The room was a little musty and beds were reasonable. Swipe cards sometimes didn't work but we were a large group so wasn't usually a problem. The free breakfast was delicious and offered a variety of options for everyone and also the free walking tour was awesome. The staff were very friendly making check-in/check-out a breeze. Overall, a great stay and would definitely recommend

Best Holiday Ever . Free Breakfast , Free maps , Free walking Tour , Free Phone Calls and Free Lollies . The Staff is helpful and friendly . The atmosphere is very friendly , they have a commune area , i love it , made me feel like home . I will miss the lollies .....and of course the Avalon Team . Thank you !!!

Great Atmosphere and lovely people !!

• 11th Mar 2015

Fantastic stay. Great value and location. Safe and warm atmosphere. | hope to return.

Nice staff, clean hostel

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Israel

The problem with dormitory hostels is that a good visit totally depends on the other guests behaviour ... so there is little to improve. On the facility side you could fight overall degradation of the building, like have some good plumbing maintainance.

Very noisy. and too much people. Its very difficult to rest. And they duplicate the prices on saturday.s-

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Spain

It cost my friend and I €184 (excluding storage cage) for two nights - 3 or 4-star hotel prices for a bunk bed...

Booked for one night, so may have been different if I was there longer. Room was clean, but TINY. €35 for a bed in a cubboard is too expensive. Lift wasn't working from time to time which was annoying for ppl on the 3rd and 4th floor. Staff were very nice and helpful, very flexible check in and check out times, but unsure if the location of Heuston Station (the largest train station in Dublin). Great for long stay, as lovely common/dining area.

• 7th Mar 2015

The smell in our room was horrible!! The bathroom was dirty and the toilet didn't flush properly! Don't go there!

Great value for what we paid. The environment, especially in the lobby, is super cool and inviting. However, showers were always cold and bathrooms weren't very clean.

I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.The staff wasn't friendly or fun or helpful really. They seemed to be annoyed and hate their job. The beds were rock hard, and the pillows plastic wrapped and about half an inch thick. There were two electrical plugs in our room of four beds, and they were in the bottom corner where no one's cords could reach from their beds. Our entrance cards stopped functioning about once a day. Definitely not worth the "famous" element.

• 5th Mar 2015

Nice and helpful employees, good Location, I was negatively surprised by my room (very small and very uncomfortable).

The atmosphere is really kind and comfortable.... You feel like in a group, play guitar and sing with people from all around the World

• 4th Mar 2015

Really enjoyed it ... staff great

The room was clean but the mattresses were too thin and noisy. The toilet cistern didn't work at all so we had to go downstairs to use the toilet at the basement. The breakfast was poor when a person can't eat gluten or lactose, there were only cereals, bread, yogurt and milk to accompany the tea/coffee. I would understand some flaws if the price was more fair to the characteristics of the hostel, but it was quite expensive. The last night in Dublin we stayed in a cheaper and better hostel.

• 28th Feb 2015