Avalon House Reviews

55 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Perfect 2 nights in Dublin - exactly what we needed! Thank you for being so welcoming when we arrived early and advised us to use the lockers to store our bags in so we could go exploring. The room was adequate for what we needed, would have preferred to have a sheet that covered the mattress as it was very easy to move the sheet and reveal the mattress. Clean room, toilets and showers. Always helpful at the desk when we asked about sightseeing and breakfast kept us going during the day. thanks

• 15th Apr 2014

The only bad point of Avalon House was the room's wet smell which wasn't very friendly. And the breakfast is really simple and limited. But the rest was very good.

• 14th Apr 2014

Great place, amazing owners - the nicest people in Crete. Highly recommended

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Israel

After a horrific experience at Kinlay House I was delighted to find Avalon House again. I'd forgotten they had an elevator (lift). The two hostels are owned by same person, but the staff at Avalon House were EXCELLENT in comparison to my Kinlay House Dublin experience. I had a 6 bed room all to myself for 2 nights and then shared with folks I never saw much of the third night. The lift (elevator) made it so much better!! Book online at Hostelworld as the hostel charges more when you book w/them

Pretty decent. Good location, net doesn't work everywhere. Pretty basic b

We chilled out in the avalon room. Had a great long weekend. Oldschool.

• 4th Apr 2014

Everything was perfect except for the full Irish breakfast we ordered in the morning, which was not cooked properly. However the staff refunded us so we were happy happy leaving, thank you.

The bathrooms were beyond disgusting, there were old clothes between my bed and the wall, my sheets smelled of body odor, there was no security measures, all of the bathrooms were coed, and the place was generally unsafe and extremely unclean.

Sockets that didn't work. And only two in a 10 bed room... lack of lamps. Need to use the corridor light not to disturb others. Difficulty to keep dry clothes in the showers. Otherwise it was ok.

While the location,price, and staff were great, the walls were paper thin. Anyway to keep the light from above rooms from coming in to a twin bed ensuite? The great coffee shop next door was where we hung out.

• 1st Apr 2014

It was hard to find the hostel because augier street is rather short, and the entrance to hostel is on a different street. Staff was very nice. location was good. It was nice that a towel was provided at no charge. Breakfast was not great, but the whole experience met my needs of just needing lodging for one night at an inexpensive price. I really liked having a private room as compared to other hostel experiences.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »