Avenue Hostel Reviews

Oktogon tér 4., Budapest, Hungary

It's new in town, but happy to have bumped into Avenue Hostel!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Bring a lock!!

• 9th Sep 2014

Amazing yh located at a very good position within Budapest, within walking distance of the Keleti trainstation. Very friendly staff, who was extremely helpfull in organizing things like a taxi or late check-out! Great facilities in the hostel itself and a nice view.

Bed Bugs!! I woke up on the second day covered in bites from bed bugs. Also, the staff is horrible. They said at the beginning that it takes them about 4 hours to do laundry for 5 Euros. When I returned later that day to drop of the clothes to be washed, I was then told it would take 24 hours. Not a big deal as I was staying for 3 nights. However, when I came back 24 hours they told me it would be another 24 hours. After 48 hours, I found my clothes in the lobby soaking wet in a bucket.

Good hostel with everything you need but the shower pressure isnt very good.

Fantastic hostel, for much less than you would expect to pay for this sort of quality. Very modern rooms, comfortable beds, lockers and storage cupboards for every person. The staff were extremely helpful in regards to ordering taxis, giving directions and helpful advice for things to do both day and night. Really nice atmosphere in the hostel, and everybody seemed to be getting on well with other guests. This was my favourite hostel I stayed in while travelling europe.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice place, ideally located and brand spanking new.

Located at two subway stops in the city center. The breakfast was included and all you can eat. Nice rooms, but we had not enough lockers in our room. There were only some boxes next to the beds, which couldn't be locked. The bathroom was clean and the rooms too. We would recommend this hostel to everyone who needs cheap and a nice place to stay.

They booked us for the wrong night but were really nice about changing it, very helpful staff. The doors to the rooms didn't have locks and the lockers were too small but otherwise great experience! FYI don't use the elevator...we got stuck

newly renovated and clean, with nice helpful staff. Loved the beds that had curtains, overhanging lockers and adapters. One of the better hostels I've stayed at

THostel looked great, beds, bathrooms etc looked new and were comfortable. It was also very close to tourist attractions and rights next to a metro station so very easy to get to and from. drawbacks were: a) it was hard to find the hostel when I arrived, I had to walk around Oktogon a couple of times until I finally saw the small sign saying Avenue Hostel and b) my room got quite cold at night and the bathrooms were almost always freezing.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Security on the outside of the building was good but no locked security into dorm room. Atmosphere was clean and tidy but not what was expected based on the pictures both inside and out. Overall not a bad place for the money though and about 10 minutes walk to the main city centre and River bank.

A really nice stay. Comfy bed, big locker, free use towel and friendly helpful staff. My only issue came when I got my washing done. It took 30 hours and a sock was lost and I didn't realize until I left town that my washing bag was not returned either. However I would happily recommend Avenue to anyone who wants a clean hostel in the middle of all the action in Budapest.

Absolutely amazing hostel, such a good price forit too. The beds have curtains so there's more privacy in the rooms, the staff are excellent at keeping people quiet and doors closed late at night/early in the morning, the kitchen is great as is the lounge area with big comfy bean bags. We had an authentic hungarian meal cooked for us for free on our first night there which was great and on arrival the staff told us all about budapest and where to go. I would 100% recommend this hostel.

• 19th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It's so clean and the fact that the beds are compartmentalized was a nice touch. It lets you feel like you have your own space! The individual sockets for every bed was great too!

Toilets could have been cleaned in the morning more regularly, as they were always dirty when I needed them/shower. Also, I was charged for laundry and I was told worse case scenario I'd have it the next evening. Ended up not being ready until ~2am the night before we had to leave (and get out of bed very early). If they had too much laundry to do, they could have said so and I would have waited until the next hostel.

The staff is extremely nice and helpful, they provide all the info you need to enjoy your stay in Hungary and make you feel at home. I'll recommend it to my friends and visit again next time I'm in Hungary. Thanks for everything ! :)

• 17th Aug 2014

Was really a great time!! The owner are really cool!! We did two other hostel in town and avenue hostel is our favorite one! The two canadians girl :-)

Loved having the curtains on the beds for extra privacy. There's no bar, but the cost social space and kitchen work just as well.

I got really scared when I got there. The building looks like an horror movie scenario, but the hostel is fine! The bad thing is that they don't have lockers to everybody and no cameras on the common areas. It's a big hostel, with a lot of people, so I think it would be better if they improve the security.

« first « Prev 1 2 3