Avenue Hostel Reviews

Oktogon tér 4., Budapest, Hungary

The hostel is located in a sort of run-down apartment building, but the hostel itself is very modern, very well kept and is overall excellent. I have never stayed in a nicer, more secure hostel. The rooms are extremely clean as well as the bathrooms and showers. They have lockers and they even give you a lock if you don't have your own. Overall, GREAT value for money. I think anyone on a budget staying in Budapest should definitely stay here. Wifi wasn't perfect, but it was good!

• 16th Oct 2014

Great experience at the hostel. The staff is very sweet and helpful and the atmosphere is great. The location is excellent. I would definitely choose this hostel again if I come back to Budapest and I'll recommend it to everyone I know. Thank you for a great week!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Great hostel in a great location, although the atmosphere left something to be desired. Really comfortable, solid beds with curtains, lights, and individual outlets, always a plus.

Unfortunately, They have BEDBUGS!!!! It is a excellent and new Hostel. The localization is perfect! the staff are very atencion. The breakfast is included but it is poor.The wifi and laundry service is good. the room is very good, they're big rooms, the beds and lockers is great, but the bathroom is not so clean. the price is great, it is a great value for money. But the problem is the bedbugs, I woke up in the morning with a lot of bite. Make you sure, you are going in a place with Bedbugs.

• 8th Oct 2014

I stayed three nights in Budapest and could not have chosen the best hostel to stay. Very good located, impeccable service, cleanliness and also the very friendly staff. When I return to Budapest I'll stay in Avenue's Hostel for sure :)

• 7th Oct 2014

A bit out if town took about 20-30mins to walk but was an easy enough stroll!

Awesome place to stay after some big nights at retox! So chilled and clean and new!!

I seldom bother to leave any comments for hotels or hostels, but this time I definitely have to. Avenue hostel in Budapest is the (not one of) best hostel I have ever lived. The staff are super nice people, the location is great, easy to go to any of the four directions in Oktogon square. The atmosphere is great, they have all the facilities you would possibly need, towel for the bath, cooking utensils. I arrived at nearly mid night, and they are there! I miss the jazz music and highly recommend

Avenue is in a terrific location- super easy to get to all the sights (including the bars) by foot. Nicely equipped kitchen. The breakfast is very basic; I wasn't impressed with it personally. Other than that everything was great! I never felt like my belongings weren't secure. It was easy to meet people. The hostel is multi-level so the common areas are spread out on each of floor. I liked this because when one was busy and loud I could still find a quiet place to relax. I'd stay again!

The best hostel by far that I've ever stayed in. If you are going to Budapest this hostel is a must.

Really nice hostel, super clean and new. The showers are nice and the beds are comfy and the location can't be beaten!

Can't say enough good things about this place!!

Great location, the public transportation in this city is remarkable and oktagon is near a bunch of great clubs and restaurants.

it's a really nice hostel with very nice staff! the showers are quite clean, but a little bit smelly. breakfast is great, only the room for it is really small. but so you can easily talk with other travellers =) beds are really comfortable, i could not find one bedbug, like some other commenter. all in all i would definitly come again! PS: bring a locket, the doors of the mixed rooms can't be occluded, so you should padlock your closet.

Central, clean and cheap hostel. You should consider that the central location comes with a big street intersection, that can be quite noisy at night.

Really good location. Perfect for bigger groups and friends travelling. Very nice bathrooms. Not so good for alone travellers....the hostel is SO big and and its a bit hard to socialize with other travellers.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Everything was super clean, the staff was helpful, and the relaxed kitchen hangout atmosphere made meeting fellow travelers easy! I would definitely recommend staying here!

Massive new hostel. The the solid walls next to the beds make them seem really private even though they are bunks. Not really a common area but it's so close to so many places to go out that it didn't matter. The staff were really helpful with suggesting places to go out and things to do.

Very nice and new hostel in the lively neighborhood of Budapest. The entrance is a bit dark and scary but once you entered the hostel it was perfect. The room and bed are capacious (with a bed curtain) so I had a nice sleeping. Highly recommended!

Great hostel, nice staff. Good value as the rate includes a nice breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hostel. Add a Clock in the foyer, garbage bins in the rooms, a scale for weighing luggage and a binder or something with information about the city (sights, transport etc) and it will be perfect!

• 23rd Sep 2014