Avenue Hostel Reviews

Oktogon tér 4., Budapest, Hungary

A very good hostel!! I got to know a lot of new friends because of the convenience to talk to the people there....one could find everything which is needed for a hostel..except that one of the reception is a bit too cold (the guy with a scarf), I do have the feeling that he does not like me for no reason...never smiles..

Honestly had the best experience of any hostel I've stayed at. Staff were so kind and helpful, even patched me up and checked on me when I had a little drunken mishap and injury. I really can not express how much fun I had on my first visit to Budapest!

• 23rd Dec 2014

Honestly the best hostel experience I have ever had. Met amazing friends, saw the whole city, had some crazy nights out, but mostly just got to know new people from around the world. Kind staff, open atmosphere, top notch facilities. The beds were super comfy with a privacy curtain. This hostel can be anything you make it; it doesn't force you to have one 'singular' Budapest experience. As a solo traveler, I was more than comfortable, and I extended my stay 2 nights. I hope to return someday!

I've been to lots of hostels and this was the best one yet. Even during Christmas time as a solo traveller, the atmosphere was lively. Reception was incredibly helpful and didn't hesitate to provide anything you needed.

• 23rd Dec 2014

The hostel was amazing! The guys were really kind and friendly. All the beds have a kind of curtain that gives you privacy and everything looks new and well keeped. The breakfast is normal, but you can bake eggs with vegetables for having a complete meal. The kitchen and the area for eating its small but comfortable and that help you to start talking and make new friends. The location is outside the city center but near to everything and metro crossing the street, I enjoyed a lot my stay there.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

A good and big place but the problem is that other guests are too noisy!!! I guess they were from turkey. One of them just talked on the phone until 2:00am WTF!

Great location and clean facilities. Staff are helpful. All beds have a lamp and also a curtain which is great as it gives you privacy.

• 16th Dec 2014

This is without a doubt the best hostel i have ever stayed in.Everything is great;helpful staff,nice clean rooms,big chillout areas,kitchen on every floor.The hostel Avenue has some easygoing chillin vibe that drags you in.Me and my friend stayed for for nights and we returned again after seven days,and helpful staff provide us with locker where we left some of our staff for 7 days.Overall,this is probably one of the best hostels in the world.

Only open since July and deserves to succeed. Staff are friendly, helpful and multi-lingual. Breakfast is just above average and could be improved with cheese and a cold meat. The owner is putting in additional heating for the winter, but a more substantial duvet and slightly bigger one than at present may be required. Location is only 15 minutes walking from the perceived city centre but there is a metro station just outside the hostel that will take you further afield including the airport

It was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Everything from very polite and helpful staff to awesome interior design that gives the hostel that cool young Budapest vibe to location, facilities, general vibe and atmosphere. I'd recommend it to everyone!

Wifi didn't work in the rooms - so had to use it outside in common areas. Sheets and linen were thin, especially in winter in Budapest! Hot water was very scarse and the water pressure sucked, so you had to pick a time where no one was showering to shower. There's no locks for the dorms, but they provided a locker for your valuables. Mediocre hostel, and probably wouldn't stay here again.

Nice, clean hostel with good location and helpful staff :)

I only stayed one night but it seemed like a pretty nice hostel. The only thing I didn't care for was that there was not a lock on the doors of the rooms. Great laundry price though!

We only spent two days in Budapest, so we did not spend a lot of time in the hostel, however, the experience was fantastic. The staff gave us perfect ways to explore the city while still keeping everything under our budget, and they answered all of the questions we had with confidence. The location of the hostel made everything accessible with the metro and tram. Definitely recommend staying at the Avenue Hostel.

• 4th Dec 2014

It was my final hostel at my trip, and since I have been in hostels in different west europe countries etc. this one is top. Excellent value for money. If you need a place to stay in Budapest this is it since it gives you an excellent starting point on great street and you can't miss a thing from here.

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Croatia

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff were excellent everything was clean you could drink and chill anywhere on the 2 levels i loved it!

The hostel location was good and the staff was very helpful. Also the breakfast was perfect in the price and the washrooms were neat.

Clean, good bunks with personal lockers. Good common area to meet people, good vibes, etc. I moved here from another hostel that was tiny and empty and made some great friends. Staff is really nice too, highly recommended :)

I was there with a friend a cuple of days in oure holidays. The hostel its stays on a good place near to some clubs and bars.The rooms are clear and fine. The kitchen its a place too be because its nice to Cook there you meet new people. The living room has some nice sitbags. The staff are very friendly and help you to finde every thing what you want. if you are the first time in budapest they will help you to finde some good places to be. I will come back agin to this hostel in sommer i hope

Couldn't have picked a better place. It was a very comfortable experience while still being extremely affordable. The staff is fun, friendly, and full of advice. It was easy to make friends and relax in their large common areas. I didn't use the shower, so I can't comment, but the bathrooms were clean and spacious. Beds were comfortable enough and every bed had a privacy curtain, a reading light, a hanging storage compartment, and an electric plugin. Seriously, this hostel is #1!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6