Avenue Hostel

Fabulous 2064 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
11th Feb 2017
7.4

I booked this hostel because it looked like somewhere quiet - I only had a couple of days, and some very early flights so I wanted somewhere I could get some sleep. My first night was Saturday and it was super loud until after midnight with lots of music and talking - from the staff too. The Sunday night was better. The staff were otherwise very friendly and I'm sure that if you're looking for a social life it's a good place to be, but just don;t book if if you're looking for somewhere quiet.

• angeloalsilva
  • Brazil, Male, 18-24
9th Feb 2017
6.9

My stay at the hostel in general was good, but then I decided to prolong my stay in, and the receptionist who"helped me"was so rude that I was omg I can come back tomorrow morning to book there is no problem,basically she was shouting to everybody keep quite and I asked why she was doing that and she replied that she wasnt listening (they weren't talking loud)and she was working there 1 year and a half, sorry but this is not my problem,if u are not happy, leave or do something to keep motivated

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Feb 2017
8.0

Rooms were good with privacy curtain and LOTS of storage, however bathrooms were not all that clean. Noise travels really easily into rooms from common areas which made it hard to sleep. Free breakfast was great when there was actually bread there for toast and room to move in the kitchen.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
6th Feb 2017
5.1

Although this hostel is in a prime location, it has a poor entrance, the staff aren't too friendly, few facilities upstairs for all the beds and the main issue is it's so so loud! I've stayed in many dorms, but this one has outside noise from yelling people and sirens, the noise from the common room downstairs travelling up to the rooms and people constantly coming in and out of the rooms talking till 3-4 in the morning..including staff. Its not one for anyone that isn't in to partying all night

• Indonesia, Female, 18-24
4th Feb 2017

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! The beds arrangement are very unique. You'll get a very private bed with your own small cupboards, lockers, reading lights, and electrical socket. They also have more than one kitchen, you will most likely have one close by your room so you can make hot comfort drinks without having to deal with the usual crowd of a shared kitchen. Starbucks, Subway, and local restaurant are available downstairs, while metro and tram stop are literally just outside the door.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
4th Feb 2017
7.7

Great facilities, modern layout & furnishings, several kitchens & tables, thriving atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff. A much older man hassled me (and two other young ladies) but when I changed rooms, he immediately followed me to my new room. Without locks on the dorm rooms, I left on the second night at 11pm to find a new place, and I did not even bother asking for my deposit back.

3rd Feb 2017

We loved the staff and atmosphere that the hostel reflected. They are well equipped and can answer many of your questions. The location wasn't far from anything too so that was a plus. The individual bunks had nice cupboards that helped with organization. One big con are the bathrooms. There were only 2 toilets and 3 showers for a floor that had about 25 people... The temperature and pressure of the shower fluctuated at times as well.

Dear Guests,thank you for the excellent review. :) We do apologise for the inconvenience caused by shower temperature and it's pressure. Your comments have been shared with our maintenance group so that it won't be repeated. Thank You again!

2nd Feb 2017

Very much enjoyed our stay here! They provide towels and padlocks, free breakfast, fast check-in and check-out, and advice on Budapest. Everyone is very friendly and we could leave our luggage near the desk for free for a few hours before our afternoon flight. Also take advantage of the free printing for boarding passes and such! Highly recommend this place :D

Dear Michelle, our team wish to thank you for such a great feedback. We are glad to hear that you truly liked Avenue Hostel and hope to be seeing you again! Once in Budapest - we are always here for You! Safe flights, amazing trips and lots of holidays! :)

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st Feb 2017

Best Hostel I've been to so far. The rooms are clean and the bed are very cozy, as you can close a curtain to obtain some privacy. The showers are pretty clean as well, and the staff can lend you a towel if needed. Although a little small, the kitchen is very functional, and the dinning room / living room / reception is just lovely. The staff is the greatest, always there to help you if needed, give you tips about the city and they also offer great activities. I highly recommend this place!

Dear Alexandre, Thank you for your great feedback about Avenue! I have shared it with our team and all are thrilled about it. Our main goal is to deliver a great, genuine and friendly service with an amazing experience, which seems to be reached! We are waiting forward to see you again! :)

• England, Female, 18-24
30th Jan 2017

A really nice hostel! Nice common areas, very clean, great facilities and it's in a great location - loved the use of curtains for privacy