Avenue Hostel Reviews

Oktogon tér 4., Budapest, Hungary

Excellent location

Staff was very friendly and accommodating, people there were great, super easy to meet and make friends, nice and clean, great atmosphere.

• 23rd Aug 2015

We felt very welcome from the second we arrived. The staff is super nice and helpful. The atmosphere was very welcoming and we felt like part of a big family. The common room and the kitchen are really cosy. The kitchen was also very well equipped. The hostel is very clean and the free breakfast super delicious. Will be recommending this hostel for sure.

Cool hostel, nice aesthetic, chill atmosphere, pretty well located.

Everything is good

Great hostel, extremely helpful staff and good location. A bit noisy at night and cramped in the dorms.

Good location. Good to meet people. Close to train stations. It says it has aircon realistically it doesn't! The rooms where unbearably hot! Hard to find but once found your fine.. Staff where really good :)

Lovely hostel, location couldn't have been better, and atmosphere in the kitchen communal area was brilliant. Shame this place isn't a bit cheaper in comparison to other Budapest hostels but it's not bad. Air con is horrific though, it literally doesn't do anything, as it's advertised this needs to be improved for how hot Buda is in summer. Use Comundu, it was great! Staff also real helpful, so see you again Avenue

Good hostel. Free breakfast very standard could be a little bit better. The rooms don't have locks so anyone can go in but they do provide big lockers. I like how every bed had a curtain gives you privacy. Over all clean hostel, staff are friendly and helpful.

Aircond does not work and those days where extremely hot in Budapest. Wifi works regularely Breakfast is very good

The room was a sauna! The staff and location are great but I found the hostel a little impersonal and over priced (probably because of Sziget)

A bit far from the station but still walkable. Great staff, great atmosphere and nice dormitories. I've already stayed here on two occasions and would def recommend it!

Great stay here, very friendly staff. Would definitely come back. Only complaint is that is was blistering hot during my stay and they say they have AC but it doesn't really work.

I liked the curtains in front of each bed for privacy, I wished the ac would have worked though

Great hostel really friendly staff and atmosphere- lots of spaces to socialise and catered for a range of travellers. Nice touches in rooms such as hanging storage compartments and curtains on the beds which make you wonder why they don't exist elsewhere! Free breakfast and beanbag areas are great for meeting people and socialising. Toilet and showers could perhaps do with some modernisation.

Friendly staff good facilities, good location beds were clean and comfortable . Like most hostels it was a bit too sweaty in the summer but that can't really be helped. I would definatley stay there again!

Great Location, friendly staff, very clean. my two main complaints would be that the rooms did not lock which made me feel somewhat insecure about my possessions when I was not in the hostel. My other complaint was that the air conditioning was not sufficient to keep the rooms cool in the intense heat which meant it was very uncomfortable at night and difficult to sleep.

Location is quite nice. Very close to the Jewish neighbourhood and next to metro station. I would not recommend this place if you have problems sleeping in high temperatures. The air conditioning is not good and the place is very hot during the hot summer days.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Greece

very nice beds and decent sized rooms. Great location. I would go back and stay here again.

The hostel is located in a strategic area to visit the entire city. It is not recognizable from the outside because there is only a small sign on a door. There are two floors by foot, because it is not advisable to use the elevator. In my opinion they could keep it better. I was there for 5 nights in August with a terrible hot weather and the air conditioning was not working in my dormitory with 12 beds. Breakfast quite good. Shared bathroom male and female. Ok wifi. I was in better hostels

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7