Avenues Hostel Reviews

107 F Street, Salt Lake City, USA

I liked the convenience of the location and the coming-and-going casualness of the place. The beds were clean, and mostly things were clean enough, but I was glad I didn't have to take a shower or stay very long. Staff were uninspired, although I was able to extract the necessary information. The atmosphere was not cheerful, just functional.

• 17th Oct 2014

I enjoyed my stay and have since extended my stay. It is quiet and in a very nice neighborhood and was a good choice on hostels in the area.

• 16th Oct 2014

Everything was clean and the guy working at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. There was even eggs and toast in the morning! Definitely a great place to stay for the price.

• 14th Oct 2014

The place is more of a half-way house than a traveler's hostel. Most people staying there were full time residents and were rather unfriendly, some were even rude. The place is comfortable with tv's and nice common areas but there's no atmosphere what so ever. Some homeless guy stole a pack of cigs and a lighter I had left on my bed while showering.

Very good place, and especially excellent staff. Very helpful and friendly. I had an excellent stay, and if I make it back to SLC (as I hope - it's a great place) I'll certainly check again with the Avenues Hostel.

• 5th Oct 2014

The room was cold (broken window), and totally sterile (reminded me about a hotel room in 80s Soviet Union).

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Sorry that your stay was not satisfactory to you. The room has a TV, microwave and refrigerator, a chair and a desk. A nice Ikea bed with a nice comforter. We are sure what else would need to make the room more comfortable. We do not see the window is broken. No complains from other guests about being cold. We have heaters and furnace to keep the place warm. Come again. We will make sure your next stay will be a pleasant one.

Iam very angry about this hostel. I booked 3 night there and informed them, that l arrive at 12 pm. because my flight was very late. After a long trip i came to the hostel, but the door was closed. I knocked a few times at the door, but i got no reaction althought i saw 2 people sitting next to the door (!) and one person sat at the hostel office. So i called them to led me in, but they said to me the dorm room is not available anymore. Later i saw that they depit 90 $ from my Bankaccount!!!

Good place with good stuff, room is just average..

Thank you for staying with us.

Not the best hostel Ive ever stayed in...had my own room with tv and fridge...breakfast was cereal.coffee and bread....long enough walk to downtown but you could get a bus...in a residential area...had more of a halfway house feel to it rather than a hostel...staff were nice....would I stay again?....on my own...no..with friends..yes.

Thank you for staying with us. We just want to say that the people staying here are short term and we do not give discount to long term stays, while the others do give deep discount to long-termers. Please don't judge your your fellow travelers by their appearance.

Its a little expensive however quiet and orderliness is preserved. I would do it again.

• 11th Sep 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We are the best located, serviced and equipped in town but least expensive.

Stayed in a semi private and the bed was clean and comfortable. Staff was nice. I was out exploring most of the time and was only there to sleep and shower so the value was great. Seemed like there were quite a few long-termers there which is not what I would prefer in a hostel since I am a traveler and like to meet other travelers. I would still recommend this place.

• 31st Aug 2014

Nice hostel, simple but does the job. Needs some newer computers and better WiFi. Staff were helpful with answering questions.

• 30th Aug 2014

Excellent location. I've stayed here two consequtive years now. I think the best word to describe this place is "sufficient". A bit old and creaky and with that hostel funk in the air. A weird mix of travelers and long termers, but I've had no issues staying there. Great on street parking in a safe and historic neighborhood.

• 19th Aug 2014

Nice hostel. A lot of older people there.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

This is my sixrh year of staying there, the staff are awesome, very clean, affordable

Every things was good. But it was hard to enjoy internet in the room.

Don't hesitate - the hostel is clean and the staff is very helpful. I strongly recommend!

The young lady who works at the desk is extremely rude.

• 11th Jul 2014

Showers absolutely shocking. One sink not working in bathroom. Curtains as toilet doors in main mens bathroom. Fix these things and I'd be happy to stay again.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff Were not that great. I tried to get to Salt Lake, and they either didn't know how to get there, or told me directions to SL City!! I asked if they could phone me a pizza, as I didn't have a phone in the US, they said I had to use the payphone, I said it was broken, they said there was a phone down the street to use! Coke Vending machine was out of Coke! Bag storage was disgustingly expensive at $5 for half day. A lot of locals living there/halfway house. Charged me 2% to use my card

We are sorry that your stay at the Avenues was not satisfactory. We take pride of our good service. We have trained staff working here. We are wondering what could have happened that we did not provide the service that you requested. We do help people call taxi's or for a pizza. We do have a phone for guests to use in the lobby. It works. There is no bus going to the Lake. The storage fee includes using the facility after checking out. We have mostly international travelers. We do charge a fee.

View all Salt Lake City Hostels