Avenues Hostel Reviews

107 F Street, Salt Lake City, USA

Great place I recommend it 100%

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Costa Rica

While the people encountered were very nice and incredibly helpful, I found this hostel to be more like welfare housing. It seemed pretty sketchy when I first walked in and I did not like that the hostel charged for blankets and towels and did not provide a locker for belongings.

• 13th Dec 2015

The place was a dump. It looked like it was falling apart. But the worst thing of all was the staff. They were so slow, it literally took 45 minutes to check me in. It was absolutely absurd. They were also not very friendly or welcoming. And the atmosphere was terrible. There was almost no one there my age. There were a lot of old men & they were weird & I felt super weird. I would never stay here again.

Not the most pleasant atmosphere. If u are looking for a place to sleep thats it. Nothing more!

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you for your stay with us. In an effort to better our guests experiences may we ask for recommendations to make the atmosphere more pleasant? If you would, perhaps you could tell us what are some expectations you think are common requests? We value your perspective and feedback. Thank you and we hope you come to us again in the near future.

I'm sorry to say this, but this has honestly been my worst hostel experience ever. Mainly due to the fact that I basically got no sleep the entire time I was there, because all the other guests were so damn loud! And apparently felt the need to stay up all night, and walk around talking loudly, banging doors, and just being really rude and inconsiderate towards the others guest in general. I mean the room was clean enough, but needless to say, I will never be staying at the Avenues EVER again :(

• 24th Oct 2015

We so wish that your experience would have been different. Please remember regardless where you stay in the future, that the staff or the establishment can do nothing to fix a situation unless we know about it. It is our focus and service to make your stay enjoyable. Although guests may not get a long from time to time, reducing noise to ensure the rest and relaxation of another guest is easily remebdied. We very much hope that you will warm to the idea of staying with us in the future.

This place was disgusting and being that locals are allowed to stay the place attracts some not so friendly people. Staff seamed to be drunk and useless the entire time. My biggest problem was feeling very unsafe here. Would not recommend.

I've stayed in many many hostels in a lot of different countries and know what to expect but this is the worst yet. I was not able to check in past 10 pm even though I originally noted that my flight arrived close to midnight. Because of this II was offered to sleep on the couch while the bed I booked remained unused. On top of this the hostel was filthy, and the staff were unorganized, inept and general unpleasant. Save yourself the hassle and book elsewhere.

Our office hours are 7:30 a.m.-10:30p.m. and we offer 24 hour on site services and check in. However, exclusively on dorm rooms there is a 10:30p.m. check-in deadline. We do this to ensure the rest and relaxation of current guests in the dorms. As an alternative when a late check-in is unavoidable we offer our dorm guests a semi-private or private room based upon availabilty. And at times due to reservations that we cant offer those accomodations, as an alternate we offer the couches for guests

It was about what I would expect for a hostel. There was available safe parking, which was great. The security was not wonderful, but the neighborhood was not particularly worrying, so it didn't bother me that much. If you need to checkout early, you need to arrange that the night before. The office is closed before, I think, 9 or 10AM. I would have no problems recommending this hostel.

I didn't care for the young lady that was the only staff I dealt with. I felt that she treated customers less than. I definitely didn't like that it was quite a distance to walk with suitcases.

Very average. Staff were likely stoned and the kitchen was a complete mess. Didn't even have the free breakfast.

In state visitors allowed here, which dampened the atmosphere a little. There's free parking, which is always a plus, and the staff was very nice; had several good chats and got recommendations about places to go.

I have mixed feelings about this hostel. I am an avid traveler and love meeting other travelers during the trip. The hostel is like other typical American hostels, there are not just travelers but many other people who are just looking for a cheaper places to stay. This affects the overall atmosphere and experience. However, I did manage to make some good friends which is awesome. The lady at the front desk was very friendly, helpful and accommodating.

A lot of frickies

It was a good place to crash for the night. Very quiet, and well-maintained.

View all Salt Lake City Hostels