7.3
Very Good 567 Total Reviews
7.3
Very Good 567 Total Reviews
Avenues Hostel Located at 107 F Street, , Salt Lake City.
USA
Salt Lake City Utah 84108 107 F Street,
73% 567
40.7719270 -111.8763920
    Rooms available

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
13th Nov 2016
6.6

Stayed in many hostels everywhere, but this isn't going to be my favorite. It felt like a mix between a shelter and a hostel.

• Sweden, Female, 41+
2nd Nov 2016
6.9

There is a vide spread between the service niveau of the staff. Some are very kind and service minded, others not at all. There were no lockers for personal items in the dorm I was. The pricing is old fashion and unfair. The safest kind of getting paid (excluding risk of robbery) is to getting paid by card. This hostel does charge extra for card payments! AND they charge extra for every night and also the key deposit, even it is only 1 card payment!!!

29th Oct 2016
3.1

NOT RECOMMENDED. I'm not going to get into the details surrounding why they refused to return my $20 key deposit and charged me tax even though my Hostelworld receipt clearly stated that the taxes were included in the price, but if you stay be prepared to pay an 11.26% tax on top of the room rate, $3 to rent a blanket, $10 for left luggage and for an atmosphere that feels like a halfway house or adult rehabilitation facility. Read the other reviews, it's a weird place with weird staff. STAY AWAY

• USA, Male, 31-40
24th Oct 2016

Central location, nice facilities, and great selection of complimentary breakfast foods. $10 to leave your bags at the hostel if you want to leave them there for the day after you check out.

17th Oct 2016

guy under me on bunk bed woke me up at 5. no obvious way to access top bunk. they need to spend more on the facility, in my opinion

• Mesman
2nd Oct 2016
8.0

I had a great stay! Good location and great and friendly staff. I would return...!

• Germany, Male, 41+
1st Oct 2016
6.3

The place is in a very quiet residential area, so it's nice from the outside, but inside it needs some refurbishment. It has the appearance of a private house in which all the furniture was collected over years from flea markets, but there was no paint available at these flea markets.

• USA, Male, 18-24
29th Sep 2016
6.6

Overall my stay was fine. I needed a cheap place to stay and rest for a few days, and this place delivered that. The staff were helpful and friendly, however there were a number of people around the entire time that weren't evidently staff nor guests. One woman was sleeping on the couch in the lounge many times when I came through; seemed like if she was staying there she would have been in her room. I probably would find a different place next time.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
26th Sep 2016
7.7

The people I encountered were mostly aged 40+ and there were some unusual characters staying there. If you are looking for a young, social, party vibe you won't find it here but if you are open minded to different people or interested in a quiet hostel stay, this is a great base. I mostly had the 6 bed dorm to myself as there weren't many other travellers. Safe street about 15 min walk to downtown/Temple Square. Overall much better than I was expecting based on the other reviews!!

16th Sep 2016
5.4

When I arrived, they had no documentation of my reservations. PLEASE REFUND MY DEPOSIT! This was extremely embarrassing to be turned away and end up quickly finding another place for my out of town friend to stay.