Avenues Hostel Reviews

107 F Street, Salt Lake City, USA

Good place with good stuff, room is just average..

• 19th Sep 2014
  • China

Not the best hostel Ive ever stayed in...had my own room with tv and fridge...breakfast was cereal.coffee and bread....long enough walk to downtown but you could get a bus...in a residential area...had more of a halfway house feel to it rather than a hostel...staff were nice....would I stay again?....on my own...no..with friends..yes.

Its a little expensive however quiet and orderliness is preserved. I would do it again.

• 11th Sep 2014

Stayed in a semi private and the bed was clean and comfortable. Staff was nice. I was out exploring most of the time and was only there to sleep and shower so the value was great. Seemed like there were quite a few long-termers there which is not what I would prefer in a hostel since I am a traveler and like to meet other travelers. I would still recommend this place.

• 31st Aug 2014

Nice hostel, simple but does the job. Needs some newer computers and better WiFi. Staff were helpful with answering questions.

• 30th Aug 2014

Excellent location. I've stayed here two consequtive years now. I think the best word to describe this place is "sufficient". A bit old and creaky and with that hostel funk in the air. A weird mix of travelers and long termers, but I've had no issues staying there. Great on street parking in a safe and historic neighborhood.

• 19th Aug 2014

Nice hostel. A lot of older people there.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

This is my sixrh year of staying there, the staff are awesome, very clean, affordable

Every things was good. But it was hard to enjoy internet in the room.

Don't hesitate - the hostel is clean and the staff is very helpful. I strongly recommend!

The young lady who works at the desk is extremely rude.

• 11th Jul 2014

Showers absolutely shocking. One sink not working in bathroom. Curtains as toilet doors in main mens bathroom. Fix these things and I'd be happy to stay again.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff Were not that great. I tried to get to Salt Lake, and they either didn't know how to get there, or told me directions to SL City!! I asked if they could phone me a pizza, as I didn't have a phone in the US, they said I had to use the payphone, I said it was broken, they said there was a phone down the street to use! Coke Vending machine was out of Coke! Bag storage was disgustingly expensive at $5 for half day. A lot of locals living there/halfway house. Charged me 2% to use my card

We are sorry that your stay at the Avenues was not satisfactory. We take pride of our good service. We have trained staff working here. We are wondering what could have happened that we did not provide the service that you requested. We do help people call taxi's or for a pizza. We do have a phone for guests to use in the lobby. It works. There is no bus going to the Lake. The storage fee includes using the facility after checking out. We have mostly international travelers. We do charge a fee.

Overall, a tight operation, and the kind of place that would make the US a better place to travel if we had more of. I wouldn't have even known there was this nice little nugget of gentrified old SLC weren't for the hostel, and I'd been passing through for years. The staff could have been a little friendlier... the girl that let us in at 0200 was a bit cross. I certainly don't expect excitement on getting up to let us in, but the intendedly palpable hatred is a bad first impression on anywher

Staff was really friendly and helpfull. I only arrived to check-in at 12:00 PM and I still managed to book in. Very happy with the place. Will return in the near future for a longer visit.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

Glad to hear that you had a good stay. We try our best to accommodate our guests.

I want lockers and showers and toilets without curtain but a proper lock. The showers were bad en temp regulation unworkable.

We do have lockers. The curtains are there for your privacy. Sorry that we did not communicate with you well enough. Come back and stay with us again and we will make sure your stay will be a pleasant one.

It was quiet a long walk to the centrum and not such a good service. They wouldn't help you with much - tried to get help for a trip to Yellowstone but just got the answer that they needed three people and didn't get any suggestion on where I could get help.

We are located 0.8 mile from the very center of the city--Temple Square. We believe that is as close as you can get for a hostel. We truly do not know how otherwise for you to get a tour other than getting very expensive. We did tell you that the Salt Lake Express would take you to Jackson or West Yellowstone. However, the rest of the trip would be on your own. Sorry that you felt that the information we provided was not enough.

Didn't really seem like a hostel until my last day. Many people seemed down & out as if they were recovering addicts. Like a Halfway House...or Halfway Hostel. I had no trouble from anyone but the mood was strange & didn't always feel welcome. The last day I finally saw some actual hostel travelers, that was nice. Kitchen hours don't work if you need to get up early because it opens @7:30 - 9:30 then closes for cleaning. Makes no sense. Staff was nice, place was quiet, clean, & affordable.

The People work here are very friendly. It is clean. A great stay for the money.

• 8th Apr 2014