Avenues Hostel Reviews

107 F Street, Salt Lake City, USA

The People work here are very friendly. It is clean. A great stay for the money.

• 8th Apr 2014

Nice free breakfast and cookies but way more long term guests than backpackers and not much of a social scene

Friendly staff. Respectful tenants. Excellent stay for the cost!

• 29th Jan 2014

Overall it was good but the fees that got added on easily started making it more expensive like adding a dollar a day extra for using a credit card.

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Trinidad And Tobago

was great to have free internet. would have been ice to have individual lockers in each room for each person. would have been nice to have each bed numbered in each room, with a same number marked on the drawer of the dresser. when I was there there was 4 beds, and 4 dresser in the dresser, with one person taking multi drawers for them selves.

I checked the prices of the hostels in the Salt Lake City area and the Avenues had the lowest price PLUS they offered FREE breakfast so they are best value in Salt Lake City. I was late so I called and they checked me in after hours. I stayed in a private room that was very clean and included not only a large flat screen TV, but a microwave and mini refrig. Its located in plain looking apartment building that lacked character, but otherwise it is a great place to stay. I recommend staying here.

Staff is lovely. Hostel is very good. There is a TV in the dorm, but blanket you have to rent for feeling comfortable at night. Unusual!

This hostel was below the standard of its own price category. Even in bigger cities, there are much better hostel that are cheaper. Everything is old. We heard mouses in the walls, and toilets where closed only by a curtain... I don't known if there is better solution in SLC, but this one is not impressive in the absolute...

We are sorry that your stay was not satisfactory to you. WE try our best to keep the hotel clean. We were awarded the Best Valued Hostel in North America by hostelbooker.com. We do provide value. Free breakfast, free internet with computer or WIFI, free parking. We only have one gym-styled bathroom. The rest of our bathrooms are private. We have never heard from our guests about mice in the wall.

I did love the place!!! The hostel has all facilities as described, location is in a very pretty área of the city and staff is helpful!! Definitely I will come back!! Thanks!!

View all Salt Lake City Hostels