Avenues Hostel Reviews

107 F Street, Salt Lake City, USA

Its not really a youth hostel, its more like a strange old people with no teeth place. Staff is kind, not so helpful though. Everything looks old. Bunch of stuff in the yard. Broken bikes for rent for 15$/day

We arrived late and tired from a days worth of driving and the staff on the night shift couldnt be more friendly and accomodating. For such a bargain we were treat with a beautiful fresh and large room with tv, fridge all the amenities close by. We were able to park our car safe round the back. it was a shame we were only staying the one night. Staff and guests seemed real cool and the type of place you'd definitely spend a little longer. Thanks for making our short stop a memorable one

• 29th Mar 2015

Walk on 2nd Ave 10 minutes to Temple Square see many free tours on State street turn left one block see interesting coffee shop which is on second floor look at market ...all those fun colors.. make sure you know which is 7th and which is 2nd ave...walk on 2nd but from 1st ave you will see Beautiful "Church" Temple and all around free attractions and tours

• 4th Mar 2015

There is no towel or blanket unless you pay extra. The breakfast is good but it runs out after the first half hour. It is close to the bus line but the busses don't run after 6 PM so it is about a 1 1/2 mile walk to town.

I didn't think this would be the Ritz Carlton, but I expected a little more. The facility is dirty and is staffed by people that just don't care. The place is very dilapidated and the "limited" breakfast is just that. They put out a half gallon of milk and a half carton of eggs and when they're gone, they are not replaced. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 26th Feb 2015

We are sorry that your experience at the hostel was not satisfactory to you. The breakfast time is from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM. We always put one carton of eggs and full gallon of milk out. We are not sure what could have happened, but we do replace them as needed. After 9:30 AM we only provide Coffee. We have got many compliments on how clean this place is.

There was no one in the office when I arrived in the afternoon to check in. It was cold and there was no blanket on my bed. When I asked for one the next morning I was told there would be a $2.00 extra charge for it which I think is unreasonable. Unlike a towel which was also not furnished, a blanket is part of the expected bedding. People can't be expected to carry a blanket in their suitcase or to pay extra for one! The fix-it-yourself breakfast of cereal, eggs. toast and coffee was very good.

A decent place to stay, though a 10 a.m. check-out time is pretty unheard of.

Showers are in seruous need of repair. Overall - juat seems really old and run down. Long paat due dor some upgrades.

• 19th Feb 2015

Wifi doesn't work properly everywhere (especially in the dorm) and the breakfast is almost inexistent.

We have up to 20 MB of speed. It may not cover the whole building very well. None of our guests had any complaints about our WIFI before.

The hostel is well located and the atmosphere is great. Restrooms more or less clean. $2 extra if you want a blanket. And the breakfast was a joke...

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Spain

We have bread, cereal, eggs, coffee, milk, peanut butter, jam. We try our best to accommodate our guest.

Well, the Asian receptionsist was very, very unfriendly. I had a question and sheh told me when I don not like it I can leave !! And this two or three times!

• 31st Jan 2015

We are sorry that you were treated in such a rude way. Please come back and stay with another time. We will make sure your experience will be much better. We have already let go of the person.

very good hostel, only problem is a certain evening staff person who probably should be replaced. other than that this place is great.

Thank you for your feedback. We have replaced the staff.

Felt like homeless people were livibg there. Very quiet.

The website needs to list fees for items, and what is and is not included more clearly. I felt like everything I asked for was a few more dollars. This hostel did not feel like a number of hostels I have been to in cities, it felt more like a half-way house for local residents than a place that catered to out of town guests.

• 8th Jan 2015

Sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. For dorm beds, we do charge a fee for towel and blanket. However, our rates are best in town plus the simple yet free breakfast in a nice and safe neighborhood. We provide a safe and a clean place for travelers. We do not give discount to longer stays and we also give discount for online bookings, which is a way to cater travelers.

Nice location and low price. Front office was friendly to me. Average of what you expect from a hostel. However it is staffed not by hipsters (like it usually is), but by homeless-looking people who obviously help around there for shelter. There was no lockers in the rooms, and in that kind of place that would be really handy.

The dorm room I stayed in was very clean and quiet. And the staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped me find a wonderful Thai restaurant near the hostel. I will definitely return to this hostel. Great Location! Sabrina

• 22nd Dec 2014

The Avenues is a great place to stay. Very clean, and a friendly staff. I've enjoyed my time here.

• 21st Nov 2014

I stayed for three nights at this hostel and never once saw the lady at the front desk smile. There is nothing welcoming about this hostel, from the attitude of the front desk staff to the drab atmosphere of the place.

• 8th Nov 2014