Avrasya Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mahallesi Seyit Hasan Sokak No:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

It was really good to stay. The hostel was newly builted(only 11months) The location was excellent and the buffet style breakfast was cool. The staffs always were trying to make people comfortable. I highly recommend to stay here.

I was surprised, when I didn't find free tee and sunflower oil in the kitchen: I think, hostels should have such things. I was rather cold in the kitchen (heating is not the best). I'd like to see more AC outlets in room.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Russia

I think it's a lovely hostel. I loved that the room I was staying in was so warm and cosy. The breakfast was good and I enjoyed spending time on the breakfast terrace. The staff is very nice, they're all polite and smiling all the time. The location is excellent and wifi connection is fast. Thank you very much! I would definetely stay there another time.

When I was arrived, there was somebody working fixing something at the bathroom area, which was very loud. Luckily, the work was done in the evening. The location is strategic and perfect in Sultanahmet area. Only walking distance to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Arasta Bazaar. It is also easy to find restaurants and cafes. Sultanahmet tram station is also can be accessed easily on foot. Breakfast is typical western, which is really helpful for budget traveler just like myself.

The staff could have told us they would be walking through our room several times during the night, so that we did not need to be wondering who's entering the room all the time. Otherwise very pleasant stay.

Perfect people, place and cleaning!! Best location, excelent price and room quality

I only stayed for 1 night since the hostel needs to do some renovation at the entrance. Was happy with the 6 bed room with shower in the room,fast internet access and information about istanbul provided. Thanks

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Accomodation is in a good part of the Sultanahmet area and easy to get to Topkapi, Blue Mosque and Cisterns and a 30 minute walk (max) to the Grand Bazaar. The crowd in our dorm was mixed and a bit strange and not a hostel to meet other travellers but fine for a short stay. Breakfast was good

Everything about this hostel was great: great location, free breakfast, free wifi, stable bunk bed...except when my friend and I checked out, the staff (Abe) told us that in his record we had not paid our dues yet. Apparently, the staff (Ibrahim) who assisted us during checkin did not update their record. My mistake was I did not ask for the receipt. So I told them to rewind their security camera, and they would see the staff (Ibrahim) that he took my payment and he gave me change.

I had a great time in this hostel! The staff are very friendly and every doubt that I had, they tried to help me. The location is perfect, just behind the Blue Mosque. I highly recommend this place!

Very good staff and breakfast!

The hostel has a good location. It is very calm. You can sleep well. There are two bathrooms and toilets in the same rooms. ( 6 beds only ) rooms are clean and smell good. There is a little terrace. A locker for everyone. It is not noisy. Staff is very kind. They give you a lot of information about the city and any more. good breakfast with plenty of food. The hostel is very nice. Not very far of the tramway which lead you to the port. I probably will come again.

I have been in a lot of hostels before in all over the world and Arasya hostel was one of the best. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful specially Mustafa. The breakfast was also the best ever I had in this kind of accommodation. The hostel is localized right in the heart of the city centre. You will love it!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

Avrasya will be your home away from home! Best hostel ever! My boyfriend proposed to me on this trip, and a staff member, knowing in advance that he was going to propose, surprised both of us with a candlelit dinner in our room. He even got a guest to wait in the room and take pictures of us the moment we entered! As if that wasn't sweet enough, he gave us Georgian wine (as in, the country) because we are from Georgia (the US state). It was the best ending to the best day yet thanks to Avrasya!

Great small hostel in an amazing location. Just a two minute walk to the blue mosque and Hagia Sofia. Fantastic staff and a good breakfast included. Highly recommend.

This was an excelling hostel, yet it wasn't without incident staying there. The power went out on two occasions and the water went off once, too. I was moved from one room to another for reasons unapparent to me. However, this family went out of their way to be helpful and accommodate everyone. I would definitely stay here again. The breakfast was filling and nutritious, and the terrace, though lacking in view, was still a nice addition to this quaint hostel.

Location is unbeatable for the price, great value! We've booked again if that says anything :)

Rooms: 12 bed dorm is dark with no windows, on ground floor, clean though. Beds: Clean sheets, comfortable enough for a budget hostel (NOTE beds 11 & 12 are right near the bathroom door, avoid if possible) Bathrooms: Enough for all guests, clean but no water for 2 of the 3 nights I stayed! Staff: Very kind, friendly and helpful Breakfast: tasty turkish breakfast. Kitchen also equipped for cooking Terrace: clean and good place to meet others Lockers available

It was my first experiece in a hostel and I really enjoyed my stay. Very nice and helpfull staff, clean rooms and a very good atmosphere. If I have the opportunity to come back again to Istanbul, I would take my sons with me and I would sray at this hostel again.

• 28th Oct 2014

Pretty cool Hostel! The staff was very nice and helped me out with calling my airline and arranging things in turkish! The Breakfast is basic but you get all you need.

• 26th Oct 2014