Avrasya Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mahallesi Seyit Hasan Sokak No:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Unbeatable location!!! A minute away from all main sights... Very well connected with public transportation, shops, and restaurants. Comfortable bed, clean rooms and great terrace.. Great silence for rest!

• 27th Mar 2015

Great Location, great staff .. Avrasya Hostel made my short stay memorable.. Clean rooms, rich variety of breakfast.. Worth every penny..

• 27th Mar 2015

Staff was very helpful and supportive. On the confirmation paperwork, it said that check in ends at 2300. However, our taxi cab was lost and by the time we checked in, it was past midnight. I was worried that no one would be there, but fortunately, they were there and check in was very quick.

• 7th Mar 2015

One of the best hostel We've ever stayed in.We spent 2 nights there and it was trully amazing!We had a 12 dorm booking but when we arrived they upgraded us to 6 dorm for free and then the last night 2 of us got a free double bedroom!Every morning they serve a breakfast which is very very good.The hostel is new and super clean.The location just in the centre of Sultanahmet square.The guys at the reception is super friendly and polite.Highly recommended!!

The best thing the hostel is its location, the staff is friendly and the breakfast is good, the only bad thing is that during our stay did not work heating and no hot water for showers.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

We only could stay one night as refurbishment works started.We were transferred to Orient hostel nearby so I can't really give an account on this hostel.The location is 100% and still quiet, from the roof terrace there is amazing view and the staff were excellent an very helpful.Internet wasn't working well sometimes.

This hostel is great! Very close to the main attractions and the staff is amazing

It was really good to stay. The hostel was newly builted(only 11months) The location was excellent and the buffet style breakfast was cool. The staffs always were trying to make people comfortable. I highly recommend to stay here.

Avrasya is a clean and quiet hostel in a great central location to the sights of the Old City. Staff are very pleasant and accommodating, rooms are clean, and security is good. I have stayed for 2 weeks at this hostel and never once found a reason to move. If you want a wild party hostel this is not the place. Avrasya is calm and pleasant.

• 18th Jan 2015

I definitely recommend this hostel. Perfect location that is 2 min from Blue mosque in nice area, clean, staff helpful and friendly. Hostel has nice terrace on last floor that is very good for morning tea/coffee. Was surprised by breakfast. It was more than hostel breakfasts that experienced before. Hostel services kind of light version of buffet with cereals, milk, vegetables, toasts and nice tea. The room I stayed had 6 beds and 2 bathrooms inside.

I was surprised, when I didn't find free tee and sunflower oil in the kitchen: I think, hostels should have such things. I was rather cold in the kitchen (heating is not the best). I'd like to see more AC outlets in room.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Russia

I think it's a lovely hostel. I loved that the room I was staying in was so warm and cosy. The breakfast was good and I enjoyed spending time on the breakfast terrace. The staff is very nice, they're all polite and smiling all the time. The location is excellent and wifi connection is fast. Thank you very much! I would definetely stay there another time.

When I was arrived, there was somebody working fixing something at the bathroom area, which was very loud. Luckily, the work was done in the evening. The location is strategic and perfect in Sultanahmet area. Only walking distance to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Arasta Bazaar. It is also easy to find restaurants and cafes. Sultanahmet tram station is also can be accessed easily on foot. Breakfast is typical western, which is really helpful for budget traveler just like myself.

The staff could have told us they would be walking through our room several times during the night, so that we did not need to be wondering who's entering the room all the time. Otherwise very pleasant stay.

Perfect people, place and cleaning!! Best location, excelent price and room quality

I only stayed for 1 night since the hostel needs to do some renovation at the entrance. Was happy with the 6 bed room with shower in the room,fast internet access and information about istanbul provided. Thanks

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Accomodation is in a good part of the Sultanahmet area and easy to get to Topkapi, Blue Mosque and Cisterns and a 30 minute walk (max) to the Grand Bazaar. The crowd in our dorm was mixed and a bit strange and not a hostel to meet other travellers but fine for a short stay. Breakfast was good

Everything about this hostel was great: great location, free breakfast, free wifi, stable bunk bed...except when my friend and I checked out, the staff (Abe) told us that in his record we had not paid our dues yet. Apparently, the staff (Ibrahim) who assisted us during checkin did not update their record. My mistake was I did not ask for the receipt. So I told them to rewind their security camera, and they would see the staff (Ibrahim) that he took my payment and he gave me change.

I had a great time in this hostel! The staff are very friendly and every doubt that I had, they tried to help me. The location is perfect, just behind the Blue Mosque. I highly recommend this place!

Very good staff and breakfast!