Avrasya Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mahallesi Seyit Hasan Sokak No:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Perfect people, place and cleaning!! Best location, excelent price and room quality

I only stayed for 1 night since the hostel needs to do some renovation at the entrance. Was happy with the 6 bed room with shower in the room,fast internet access and information about istanbul provided. Thanks

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Accomodation is in a good part of the Sultanahmet area and easy to get to Topkapi, Blue Mosque and Cisterns and a 30 minute walk (max) to the Grand Bazaar. The crowd in our dorm was mixed and a bit strange and not a hostel to meet other travellers but fine for a short stay. Breakfast was good

Everything about this hostel was great: great location, free breakfast, free wifi, stable bunk bed...except when my friend and I checked out, the staff (Abe) told us that in his record we had not paid our dues yet. Apparently, the staff (Ibrahim) who assisted us during checkin did not update their record. My mistake was I did not ask for the receipt. So I told them to rewind their security camera, and they would see the staff (Ibrahim) that he took my payment and he gave me change.

I had a great time in this hostel! The staff are very friendly and every doubt that I had, they tried to help me. The location is perfect, just behind the Blue Mosque. I highly recommend this place!

Very good staff and breakfast!

The hostel has a good location. It is very calm. You can sleep well. There are two bathrooms and toilets in the same rooms. ( 6 beds only ) rooms are clean and smell good. There is a little terrace. A locker for everyone. It is not noisy. Staff is very kind. They give you a lot of information about the city and any more. good breakfast with plenty of food. The hostel is very nice. Not very far of the tramway which lead you to the port. I probably will come again.

I have been in a lot of hostels before in all over the world and Arasya hostel was one of the best. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful specially Mustafa. The breakfast was also the best ever I had in this kind of accommodation. The hostel is localized right in the heart of the city centre. You will love it!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

Avrasya will be your home away from home! Best hostel ever! My boyfriend proposed to me on this trip, and a staff member, knowing in advance that he was going to propose, surprised both of us with a candlelit dinner in our room. He even got a guest to wait in the room and take pictures of us the moment we entered! As if that wasn't sweet enough, he gave us Georgian wine (as in, the country) because we are from Georgia (the US state). It was the best ending to the best day yet thanks to Avrasya!

Great small hostel in an amazing location. Just a two minute walk to the blue mosque and Hagia Sofia. Fantastic staff and a good breakfast included. Highly recommend.

This was an excelling hostel, yet it wasn't without incident staying there. The power went out on two occasions and the water went off once, too. I was moved from one room to another for reasons unapparent to me. However, this family went out of their way to be helpful and accommodate everyone. I would definitely stay here again. The breakfast was filling and nutritious, and the terrace, though lacking in view, was still a nice addition to this quaint hostel.

Location is unbeatable for the price, great value! We've booked again if that says anything :)

Rooms: 12 bed dorm is dark with no windows, on ground floor, clean though. Beds: Clean sheets, comfortable enough for a budget hostel (NOTE beds 11 & 12 are right near the bathroom door, avoid if possible) Bathrooms: Enough for all guests, clean but no water for 2 of the 3 nights I stayed! Staff: Very kind, friendly and helpful Breakfast: tasty turkish breakfast. Kitchen also equipped for cooking Terrace: clean and good place to meet others Lockers available

It was my first experiece in a hostel and I really enjoyed my stay. Very nice and helpfull staff, clean rooms and a very good atmosphere. If I have the opportunity to come back again to Istanbul, I would take my sons with me and I would sray at this hostel again.

• 28th Oct 2014

Pretty cool Hostel! The staff was very nice and helped me out with calling my airline and arranging things in turkish! The Breakfast is basic but you get all you need.

• 26th Oct 2014

We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! Beds were comfortable, bathrooms were super clean, and the breakfast was delicious. The staff was very helpful and the location was perfect - 2 minutes walking to the Aya Sofya and Blue Mosque. Keep up the great work Avrasya!

Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff. Excellent showers and nice breakfast too.

Unbeatable location!!! Two minutes walk from Haya Sophia and Blue Mosque and right in the middle of the Sultanahmet district were all the important sights are. The staff is super nice and helpful. Confy beds, enough wi-fi, and good sized lockers. The breakfast is quite basic but good and excelent turkish tea. Amazing rooftop terrace. Only downside, the bathrooms need to be cleaner and they must put a common room in the terrace, it is an amazing place but is completaly dead at night! LOVED IT!

A great location, only stayed 1 night here before heading down the coast, staff were helpful and rooms comfortable, unfortunately our bathroom was a little gross but that was due to the other guests sharing the dorm and not really the hotels fault. I would stay here again, very good value for money

Avrasya is less than 2 blocks from the 4 Seasons Hotel, for 1/20th the price, yet among the best in this traveler's experience across 3 countries. Walking distance to major historic sites and the mass transit system. Strong, consistent wifi, good food & good company. Virtually all guests were pleasant, some have become new friends.

• 13th Oct 2014