Avrasya Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mahallesi Seyit Hasan Sokak No:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

We really can't fault this hostel. Fantastic location, kitchen, terrace, hot showers, helpful staff, lockers... The manager asked if we had any comments or recommendations as they have only taken ownership over the last year or so and our suggestions really seemed to be taken on board. More dishes in the kitchen, new shower fixtures and more power points - which is one they are already working on. Would very happily stay again.

Great hostel, very friendly and very helpful staff

Perfect Location, Good Breakfast, Good Value for Money, Clear Recommendation

Being an older person and not having stayed in many hostels before, I was very impressed with Avrasya. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, even bringing me tea up to my room and carrying my heavy bags for me. Very suitably located near the Blue Mosque etc. with loads of restaurants to chose from, all serving good food. Can highly recommend it.

• 5th Apr 2015

I really liked my stay there, the service was perfect. Thank you for being so helpful. One suggestion, it wouldn't take much work to fix the showers, and put some space for toiletries.

• 3rd Apr 2015

This hostel was amazing! I had a somewhat personal unfortunate experience and they staff IMMEDIATELY helped me resolve it. Beyond amazing costumer service, thank you so much for everything! And I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many hostels and I have NEVER had a better breakfast! Best hostel breakfast ever, hands down!

• 30th Mar 2015

This is the BEST hostel I have ever stayed at!! It is in the best location really close to the main sites and the tram line. The rooms and bathroom are great and clean, free breakfast was perfect, good atmosphere, I stayed for 7 nights and wish I had time to stay longer. Thank you so much Ibrahim, Mustafa and Tugay.. Will be back !

• 30th Mar 2015

For one night, we had a wonderful stay. The place was clean and well furnished. We got a free upgrade to an apartment room because there was a misunderstanding in the booking on our part.

• 27th Mar 2015

Unbeatable location!!! A minute away from all main sights... Very well connected with public transportation, shops, and restaurants. Comfortable bed, clean rooms and great terrace.. Great silence for rest!

• 27th Mar 2015

Great Location, great staff .. Avrasya Hostel made my short stay memorable.. Clean rooms, rich variety of breakfast.. Worth every penny..

• 27th Mar 2015

Staff was very helpful and supportive. On the confirmation paperwork, it said that check in ends at 2300. However, our taxi cab was lost and by the time we checked in, it was past midnight. I was worried that no one would be there, but fortunately, they were there and check in was very quick.

• 7th Mar 2015

One of the best hostel We've ever stayed in.We spent 2 nights there and it was trully amazing!We had a 12 dorm booking but when we arrived they upgraded us to 6 dorm for free and then the last night 2 of us got a free double bedroom!Every morning they serve a breakfast which is very very good.The hostel is new and super clean.The location just in the centre of Sultanahmet square.The guys at the reception is super friendly and polite.Highly recommended!!

The best thing the hostel is its location, the staff is friendly and the breakfast is good, the only bad thing is that during our stay did not work heating and no hot water for showers.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

We only could stay one night as refurbishment works started.We were transferred to Orient hostel nearby so I can't really give an account on this hostel.The location is 100% and still quiet, from the roof terrace there is amazing view and the staff were excellent an very helpful.Internet wasn't working well sometimes.

This hostel is great! Very close to the main attractions and the staff is amazing

It was really good to stay. The hostel was newly builted(only 11months) The location was excellent and the buffet style breakfast was cool. The staffs always were trying to make people comfortable. I highly recommend to stay here.

Avrasya is a clean and quiet hostel in a great central location to the sights of the Old City. Staff are very pleasant and accommodating, rooms are clean, and security is good. I have stayed for 2 weeks at this hostel and never once found a reason to move. If you want a wild party hostel this is not the place. Avrasya is calm and pleasant.

• 18th Jan 2015

I definitely recommend this hostel. Perfect location that is 2 min from Blue mosque in nice area, clean, staff helpful and friendly. Hostel has nice terrace on last floor that is very good for morning tea/coffee. Was surprised by breakfast. It was more than hostel breakfasts that experienced before. Hostel services kind of light version of buffet with cereals, milk, vegetables, toasts and nice tea. The room I stayed had 6 beds and 2 bathrooms inside.

I was surprised, when I didn't find free tee and sunflower oil in the kitchen: I think, hostels should have such things. I was rather cold in the kitchen (heating is not the best). I'd like to see more AC outlets in room.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Russia

I think it's a lovely hostel. I loved that the room I was staying in was so warm and cosy. The breakfast was good and I enjoyed spending time on the breakfast terrace. The staff is very nice, they're all polite and smiling all the time. The location is excellent and wifi connection is fast. Thank you very much! I would definetely stay there another time.