Away with the Fairies Reviews

Hydrangea Lane, Hogsback, South Africa

Very chilled backpackers with an awesome view and a decent bar. Definitely do the mountain bike tour-it was one of the best things we have done in a while! And don't forget to have a bath on the edge of the cliff!

Had such a great time here - the view from the garden is beautiful (including the bathtub in the cliff), easy access to great hiking and the town and the pizza is amazing. There was a great atmosphere in the bar both nights we were there and it looked like everyone genuinely enjoyed themselves. The facilities were very clean and new.

Staff sitting outside rooms every morning from early talking at the top of their voices, not caring in the least for the sleeping guests. Night 2 - extremely drunk staff male member barged into our room and tried to get into bed with me, then with my mate in his bed! Found him sleeping on the couch in the lounge in the morning! Bathrooms dirty, same wrappers on floor from arrival to departure.

• 11th Oct 2013
  • South Africa

I loved this place, very enchanting and the most beautiful scenery especially from a hot steaming bath overlooking the cliff! Fantastic idea. Staff were fantastic and homemade meals were a dream! Definitely going back one day!! :-)

The town, the hostel, and the awesome views make this a place worth visiting. The staff are very helpful/friendly, the place was clean and had a very homey feel to it, which I enjoyed especially since I felt like I had been constantly traveling.

excellent

• 5th Sep 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights camping. Food was great (pizza is definitely worth a try!!), plenty to do in surrounding area including walking and horse riding. Great friendly atmosphere in bar in evenings even had a band playing one night.