Away with the Fairies Reviews

Hydrangea Lane, Hogsback, South Africa

We stayed, having a private room, in a separate building, on 250 mtrs away from the main hostel building. The gardens around the premises are lush and well maintained and taking a bath on the edge is an amazing to do. Staff is friendly and facilities are clean. We think that it's a bit overpriced but we had a good stay overall.

I adored Away with the Fairies. Being such a beautiful and quirky place, it fits wonderfully into Hogsback. I was so happy to stay in the Legolas room. Great views, great staff and great food. My pizza was incredible!

It would be nice if they add a breakfast and a lunch to their facilities

One of the most beautiful places in South Africa

• 21st Nov 2015
  • South Africa

The view and the bathtub are absolutely amazing. There are some pretty great hikes in the area, as well. The dorms are a bit small, but I think it's a good place to tent. The staff are nice, but I'm not sure if I would recommend this for a solo traveler.

One of the best places to stay in South Africa, would deinitely come back.

Great backpackers! Lives up to its name and is extremely warm and welcoming. Jono and his colleagues were very friendly and helpful and made you feel right at home. Situated in the heart of magical Hogsback in all it's beautiful scenery and Tolkien history. Would highly recommend it.

• 25th Oct 2015

A fantastic place to stay! The dorms are clean and well maintained, it is close to everything in Hogsback (e.g. a hiking trail starting directly in the hostel garden). The staff is very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere in the bar is hard to beat. Plus, they serve excellent pizza ;-) They also call a very special bathtub their own, which is located in the beautiful hostel garden. If you stay in Hogsback, this is the place to be!

Magnificent setting! We'll certainly be back as some of us could not experience everything due to the tree festival at TerraKhaya.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • South Africa

I am actually so glad the Hobbit didn't have a television. The men always watch rugby and the women have to entertain themselves. But during our stay at Away with the fairies we all chatted and laughed the night away. It was truly a wonderful experience

• 15th Aug 2015