Aymarak Hostel Reviews

Ma�azo Circunvalacion Sur 135, Puno, Peru

Really nice homely and comfortable place. The people are super helpful, made the stay.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Great hostel for the price! Although set back away from Lake Titicaca, it's in a safe part of town and away from the noise of the centre. It's also only about a 10-15 minute walk to the lake. Basic breakfast but definitely enough. Comfortable dorm beds with great wifi in the rooms. Small but well-equipped kitchen.

cheap, friendly staff, very basic but fine for the price. right at the top of the hill so a bit out of the way. fine for one night, Puno itself isn't great.

The hostel is a bit hard to find, it's hidden and there's no sign for it! However, the staff is really nice and helpful, it's clean, the wifi is working good and the view in the terrace on the roof is amazing! That's a nice place to stay.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

The staff are amazingly helpful. Luce booked my bus ticket for me, and in the morning called my cab before I could ask her to. Its very cold in Puno , and each bed could use an extra blanket or use your sleeping bag if you have. The view of the city is amazing to watch the sun come up and its not too far from the center.

The staff was very nice and helpful. I had to leave quite early for my day trip to the floating island but the staff woke up early for me and made sure I had breakfast. Great wifi.

The staff was incredibly helpful. They gave us a great recommendation for a local restaurant down the street. They even booked our bus tickets for us when we were out. It's a bit far off and there isn't a great common area, but we didn't spend much time there so it was fine. Shower could've been better, but there was hot water! There's a great view from the rooftop as well.

The young woman who runs the hostel is so nice, friendly and helpful with booking tours and knowledge of bus schedules and islands on the lake. She was nice to speak with and a pleasure to know.

Nice place! Inconspicuous, but taxi drivers knew where to take me. Up the hill from the Plaza Meyor, but the owner was very kind and provided a generous buffet breakfast starting at 6:30 every day. She speaks English and can help book bus tickets and tours, but it's cheaper to do it yourself. The facilities are nice and water is hot for showers. One night, there was no water but u just showered the next morning. Full kitchen, no real communal room though. Pretty quiet, which I liked.

A really nice and cozy hostel with a lovely owner, hot shower, comfortable bed and good kitchen. The roof top terrace has a beautiful view over the city. This was my second time staying here and would definitely come back again. Good wifi too!

Puno isn't a great place as far as I'm concerned but this hostel is a good stop over while you're there. Internet was good for us, and there was a great view of puno from the rooftop. Nonetheless showers weren't great and lockers were non existent.

Somewhat difficult to find on the street but only 3 blocks from the main square. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast. WiFi a bit patchy. Very much recommended.

The staff was amazing and helped us to book buses, tours and taxis. When we arrived we couldn't see a sign of the hostel so we thought we were in the wrong place but it was there.

• 14th May 2015

Good kitchen, comfortable beds, the toilet is kept clean and the water in the shower is warm. A really nice view from the roof top terrace. A mirror in the dorm would be a nice extra. Good basic breakfast and the staff is really friendly and helpful.

Not the best place, but judging by Puno, I think for the standards of the city it is a nice place. The staff are super helpful, will give you all sorts of info and can book tours or call for you. Located above the main part of the city, the walk down is no problem, but the walk up can take about 10 minutes and is difficult due to the altitude. Not a big deal, the cab ride is 5 soles. The rooms and beds are clean, stayed in the dorm and later a private room. Showers are hot but low pressure.

Could not imagine a better place to stay in Puno. Exellent view from the room, the staff (especially Luz) was so adorable, friendly and helpful. She helps organize tours to the islands of the lake and nearby. The tours offered by the hostel are great value for money, included pick-up at the hostel. The breakfast is abundant and delicious. The showers are warm, even though electric, so try to avoid showering in rush hour :)