Aymarak Hostel Reviews

Ma�azo Circunvalacion Sur 135, Puno, Peru

Somewhat difficult to find on the street but only 3 blocks from the main square. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast. WiFi a bit patchy. Very much recommended.

Good kitchen, comfortable beds, the toilet is kept clean and the water in the shower is warm. A really nice view from the roof top terrace. A mirror in the dorm would be a nice extra. Good basic breakfast and the staff is really friendly and helpful.

Not the best place, but judging by Puno, I think for the standards of the city it is a nice place. The staff are super helpful, will give you all sorts of info and can book tours or call for you. Located above the main part of the city, the walk down is no problem, but the walk up can take about 10 minutes and is difficult due to the altitude. Not a big deal, the cab ride is 5 soles. The rooms and beds are clean, stayed in the dorm and later a private room. Showers are hot but low pressure.

Could not imagine a better place to stay in Puno. Exellent view from the room, the staff (especially Luz) was so adorable, friendly and helpful. She helps organize tours to the islands of the lake and nearby. The tours offered by the hostel are great value for money, included pick-up at the hostel. The breakfast is abundant and delicious. The showers are warm, even though electric, so try to avoid showering in rush hour :)

I don't think we could've stayed any place better in Puno! It was not far from the city center and there's a great view from the roof. The best part of it was Luz who was extremely helpful and really friendly! We suffered from altitude sickness and she helped us so much and always asked how we were doing. The only slight downside was the room was cold except in the afternoon when the sun was shining into it. And the bathroom was cold during showers. But that's normal in Peru I guess.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

This is good hostel in Puno ,actually for budget backpackers . I had to wait for check in at 12p.m but my bus was arrived 5:30a.m and I was trying to find something to do while I was waitining . Anyway ,staff was so nice ,the shower was okay (electric),wifi was good ,you have your own key with dorm .

• 26th Dec 2014