8.7
Fabulous 101 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 101 Total Reviews
Aynetree Guest House Located at 12 Duddingston Crescent (Milton Road), , Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh EH15 3AS 12 Duddingston Crescent (Milton Road)
87% 101
55.9439009 -3.1126499
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 41+
9th May 2016
7.7

I was very pleased with the room, it was clean and of a reasonable size. The power shower only produced lukewarm water so having a shower each morning was a sufferance not a pleasure. The breakfast was adequate but the sausage advertised on the "Scottish Breakfast" never actually appeared on our plate. Stirring sticks, rather than proper teaspoons, on the tea and coffee tray seemed cheap and nasty. Nor were biscuits offered. There is an excellent bus service from just outside the Aynetree.

Hi, I was quite surprised that you gave us a 6 for atmosphere and 4 for facilities! We have a car park, WiFi, en suites and tv's in all rooms. Breakfast is complementary, so therefore it does not have to be taken if you do not like what is offered. We offer porridge, a selection of cereals (six of them), yogurt, fresh fruit, dried fruit, toast, tea coffee, bacon, eggs (cooked as requested), beans, tomato, mushrooms, haggis and black pudding. And you state that we did not serve sausage! Why not ask for one then and I could have cooked one every day? I try not to serve high saturated fatty foods except when requested. I really do not think that our breakfast is only "adequate". As for the sticks on the tray in the rooms. People steal the spoons and I was fed up replacing them. Five star hotels also use wooden stirrers. I do not supply biscuits in the rooms as I keep the price low (as you would have found out when booking). People would rather have a less expensive room and go without all the frills of a five or four star hotel.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
8th May 2016

We were welcomed by Brian (I thinks that's his name). Even with being on crutches he insisted on welcoming us in incredible fassion. He helped us with everything we needed to know for the city and the B&B. His wife was also very friendly. The room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast was great. The place really gived us the Scottish experience. Wifi was a bit off at times but overall one of my favourite accommodations I've had on any trip