Azabache Hostel Reviews

Calle Azabachería 15, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Great location, friendly staff, but poor security as there were no keys for the rooms or lockers for backpacks. Luckily our other roommates were cool and we became friends. But you really have to trust others when there is this little security.

We have lockers in all the rooms and locks at the reception you can use for free.

Though the hostel is right behind the cathedral and in a great location, I still found the price to be quite high. I was able to check in earlier, but it didn't count for much since I couldn't get to the room until 12. Also, the next day, we weren't allowed in our rooms while they were cleaning, which was fine, but the staff was not very nicely communicative about it. There's not much of an atmosphere, but it's nice if you're just looking for a quiet place to spend the night.

I really enjoyed my two days there. It is stated clearly it is not a party hostel and there are many hostellers who have walked many kilometres. location is right in centre of old town

Great place for it's price. Unfortunately I did not sleep at all because there is a bar downstairs where people were screaming of the top of their longs all night long. Celebrating after walking the Camino? Bring your earplugs!

• 18th Sep 2015

Excellent hostel! ThThe owner (an English guy) was so friendly and helpful (even though we were late) and even gave us recommendations for places to eat! TheThe bathrooms were fully stocked with toiletries for everyone to useuse. And lastly the location could not be any more central (if a bit noisy as youre opposite a bar, but that's to be expected). Overall a great place to stop over for the night

Decent hostel in a great location but very noisy at night. A little expensive for peregrinos but you're unlikely to find cheaper in the centre of town. Wifi is good and you have 24 hour access to the hostel...

Great location, clean and the faciliities are charming (pretty terrace connected to my dorm room).

The bloke working there was great. Had some really good advice and was very funny

View all Santiago de Compostela Hostels