Azabache Hostel Reviews

Calle Azabachería 15, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

They kept reception open for us until we arrived but then staff rushed our check in, we had no idea where to go to locate food etc. our room door wouldn't shut or lock. 2 toilets for the whole hostel meant long waits in the morning.

They kick you out from 11am-1pm for cleaning, which was fine except I was hungover. Otherwise, fantastic beds, bathrooms, kitchen, staff, views, and all in the heart of the city. I would absolutely stay here again.

• 30th Jun 2014

the location is great, staff is friendly and helpful - the toilets and bathrooms must be cleaner, was not so comfortable - the rooms were clean though - the wi-fi didn't work for one day, but they fixed it the other day, apart from that there is enough to do and see in the beautiful old town. improve the cleaning of bathrooms and the stability of the internet, and you will be top choice !

I had one of the worst nights sleep in this hostel because of the noise on the street below. Even on the second floor it was incredibly loud and all of the windows were stuck open. I think I also got bed bugs from this hostel.

I arrived after 1pm and had to ring the bell three times as staff were still vacuuming (around people). That was odd as it is not a large place. Staff seemed very untrained, even if they were volunteers. They overbooked the place, mixed up people's laundry, refused to assist when asked fairly basic camino questions, and left tools in the washroom (mid fix) for days. The building itself is creaky but fine. It's close to the cathedral and the price is good. New management needed is all.

• 27th May 2014

Only two bathrooms for five bedrooms with 20 persons, room too noisy, bad experience, only the location is god

• 24th May 2014
  • Portugal

The Hostel was in a great area and we really enjoyed where it was located. It was a little noisy with the club below but the second night we slept great!

Excellent Hostel, warm welcome and great location just behind the cathedral. Kitchen very clean and has washing machine and dryer. Lovely balcony and spacious rooms. Will definitely go back. Phyllis

An alright hostel. The showers are amazing I have to say. And laundry is really cheap to do here (only €2.50!). The beds are comfy. It's not a very soundproof building though so if the other guests are being noisy or clomping up and down the stairs, you do hear it in your room. The manager also kept asking me for my name and forgetting it? (she asked about 3 times). Location is great right to the cathedral, and a tasty cheap place for breakfast right opposite the hostel

I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the location is amazing. However the reception hours are only from 10:00 to 17:00. I spoke to a lady who said they would wait for me because I was coming in on the late train and when I got to the hostel they weren't there so that was very frustrating. They said they were still going to charge me for that night but I don't think they actually did. I would only book if you can arrive during reception hours.

one of the best hostels, I have ever stayed : very friendly and helpful staff, large , bright rooms with a lot of space, perfect location, and very good bathrooms . Its also located in a nice old house. I really enjoyed my stay there so much !!

Great little hostel close to the Cathedral.great kitchen, common room, lots of social interaction, great staff.

Excellent Hostel, great location, really engaging and friendly staff. I went by myself but felt i was staying with old friends. Fantastic experience. Would recommend to anyone wanting to see the real Santiago.

Thank you! we are glad you had a good time with us :-))

View all Santiago de Compostela Hostels