Azabache Hostel Reviews

Calle Azabachería 15, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Everything about the place was wonderful except for the noise level (outside) at night which made it difficult to sleep. The staff was great. It is very clean and spacious and a great value.

• 18th Sep 2014

Great location! It's a small and cosy hostel. Older building so the floor makes some noise but nothing to worry about, no other noise issues which I was worried about after reading other reviews. Very relaxed vibe, easy to strike up a conversation in the common room/kitchen. Only two bathrooms for three floors, they were always clean but smelled a little funky because they never really get the chance to be dry. All up very good value for money.

Unfortunately I cannot complete this survey, because I received an email from this hostel saying there was a mistake with hostelworld and there was no available beds

• 8th Aug 2014

There's a good kitchen and helpful staff, but it's an old building so you hear everything, and only two bathrooms for five floors. That said, you can't knock the location, and it was clean and surprisingly comfy beds! Nice staff too.

They kept reception open for us until we arrived but then staff rushed our check in, we had no idea where to go to locate food etc. our room door wouldn't shut or lock. 2 toilets for the whole hostel meant long waits in the morning.

They kick you out from 11am-1pm for cleaning, which was fine except I was hungover. Otherwise, fantastic beds, bathrooms, kitchen, staff, views, and all in the heart of the city. I would absolutely stay here again.

• 30th Jun 2014

the location is great, staff is friendly and helpful - the toilets and bathrooms must be cleaner, was not so comfortable - the rooms were clean though - the wi-fi didn't work for one day, but they fixed it the other day, apart from that there is enough to do and see in the beautiful old town. improve the cleaning of bathrooms and the stability of the internet, and you will be top choice !

I got bedbugs when I stayed at this hostel and the staff assured me I would get my money back but they never returned the money into my account. I am very disappointed because the hostel seemed clean and the location is great. I spoke with the manager over the phone and she promised to return the money. I wrote an email asking about the return of the money and they never responded.

I had one of the worst nights sleep in this hostel because of the noise on the street below. Even on the second floor it was incredibly loud and all of the windows were stuck open. I think I also got bed bugs from this hostel.

I arrived after 1pm and had to ring the bell three times as staff were still vacuuming (around people). That was odd as it is not a large place. Staff seemed very untrained, even if they were volunteers. They overbooked the place, mixed up people's laundry, refused to assist when asked fairly basic camino questions, and left tools in the washroom (mid fix) for days. The building itself is creaky but fine. It's close to the cathedral and the price is good. New management needed is all.

• 27th May 2014

Only two bathrooms for five bedrooms with 20 persons, room too noisy, bad experience, only the location is god

• 24th May 2014
  • Portugal

The Hostel was in a great area and we really enjoyed where it was located. It was a little noisy with the club below but the second night we slept great!

Excellent Hostel, warm welcome and great location just behind the cathedral. Kitchen very clean and has washing machine and dryer. Lovely balcony and spacious rooms. Will definitely go back. Phyllis

View all Santiago de Compostela Hostels