Azul Cielo Hostel Reviews

Arteaga Num: 608 Centro, Oaxaca, Mexico

Great hostel Friendly staff, especially the French lady working between 8am - 4pm Good location Could do will curtains on the doors as a lot of light comes through Highly recommend

This is a wonderful hostel. Very bright and well designed. Exceptionally friendly staff. I would definitely stay there if I return to Oaxaca and have already recommended to friends,

Good location, easy walking distance to market etc. Breakfast very basic, could have been better. The bunks are very noisy and squeaky! Pray you don't have a restless sleeper in your dorm. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Since I arrived in the dark I didn't know until the morning, that I had arrived at such a beautiful garden hostel with such an international eclectic group of intrepid travellers!!

• 9th Jan 2016

Great hostel. Low noise level. Helpful staff

Gorgeous courtyard and building! We had a great time and made some wonderful friendships with other travelers staying there. It's not a "party" hostel, but it is definitely a very social environment. If you aren't looking for that, it would be hard to avoid if spending any real time at the hostel. We wound up getting quite comfortable there and extending our stay... twice. My only critique is that the breakfast is quite bleak - and definitely not worth the added value they attach to it.

• 23rd Dec 2015

Only stayed for one night but was a lovely hostel! The breakfast was fantastic and the showers were nice and warm. Only slight complaint would be I was on a top bunk that was incredibly noisy every time I moved- it didn't bother me so much but I was worried it would wake or annoy the person below. Overall great hostel and will be going back :)

Really loved this place, the communal kitchen area is a great place to meet people and the staff are amazing! Breakfast is also excellent, only stayed a night but would definitely come back.

I had a great time at the Azul Cielo Hostel. The staff was amazingly helpful with navigating the city and setting up tours. Everyone was so friendly, and the facilities are clean and inviting. The cleanliness was especially impressive, as they are doing some remodeling, but it never got in the way of the guests. This is not a party hostel, so the well-manicured courtyard was wonderful for enjoying a quiet beer after a long day. I can't say enough good things about this place.

• 25th Nov 2015

Excellent common areas, amazing staff (mainly Jesus!), location a little far, varied breakfast a plus, great value

I had a HORRIBLE experience leaving the hostel. I had an early morning flight & it took 10 minutes for me to track down someone working there that could access the desk. Since there is a mandatory key deposit I just wanted my money back! Finally after finding the person working, waiting for him & his girlfriend to brush their teeth & put water on to boil, they told me they 'didn't have change' & since I didn't have change I wouldn't get a deposit back. Clueless, aweful customer service.

Awesome hostel! Big breakfast every morning, staff are helpful and welcoming. Great courtyard to sit and meet new people. Would definitely come again!

The house is cute, staff is not the most helpful or friendly. Cleanliness is above expected, the internet is not enough for everybody, we had to stay outside close to the rotator to get a chance. Nothing really remarkable about this hostel.

Really lovely place! Great vibe. Would stay here again.

Azul Cielo was amazing! All the staff were friendly and accomodating, and felt like a part of the family. All the facilities were very clean. The kitchen was lovely to cook in. I loved the upstairs patio to relax. I was very sad I could not stay their longer.

Beautiful and friendly. The breakfasts are delicious and the atmosphere is fantastic!

i enjoyed and relaxed in the hostel. staff are kind. faciliteies and atmosphere of the hostel is so good. so comfortalbe chair they have. it's like a their atmosphere of the hostel. everything of the hostel makes me release....recommend it.