Azul Cielo Hostel Reviews

Arteaga Num: 608 Centro, Oaxaca, Mexico

Lovely hostel. Nice and safe and a good kitchen/social area. Bit of a walk from the main area of the town though

Staff spoke excellent English & were very helpful & well informed. The rooms were spotless & there is a lovely courtyard to sit in. There is an excellent kitchen & breakfast is good. If you are lucky the unofficial chef will still be around to cook wonderful evening meals. The shower in our private room was the best we have had in Mexico. Other travellers were very friendly too.

Best hostel I've ever stayed out! Outdoor garden is very peaceful and I met a lot of wonderful people. Great atmosphere here! Staff is also very helpful.

A good well run hostel. It needs some curtains in the private rooms so tha one can sleep later than dawn. While no one asked me for it, theres a sign that seeks 40 pesos to use the hostel facilities after checkout. I guess that this would be fine if someone wanted to use the kitchen but if theyre just chilling waiting on an evening bus then it seems excessive.

pros: nice garden, good kitchen, decent wifi cons: they charge 40 pesos to use the common are which seems sneaky, not enough bathrooms. walk into town is fine but you dont pass much worth stopping for on the way

All the staff is really nice, and the hostel has really nice areas - the best of my trip

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

I had a very nice time at the hostel. The staff is very kind and hospital. Everything is very easily to reach from there.

Free bikes for 2 hours! and good price after.

The hostel was nice and truly quiet at night. The location was quite a walk from the center, which I didn't think would be an issue, but made it rather annoying to go back and forth. The streets around the hostel were deserted at night, unlike near the Zocalo (main square) or the area north of there where most of the hotels and hostels are located.

Really beautiful garden, nice staff, quiet hostal. I´d like to stay there!

Good but the breakfast is not that good. Too bad that to stay a while in the nice courtyard, the guests have to pay...

The hostel itself was great. The staff was also great! They made me feel at home and can't wait to go back!

What a lovely time we had at Azul Cielo! Staff were welcoming, friendly & always at hand to help with information. A green oasis from the hectic Dia de muertos celebrations & bustling city, attracting a lovely mix of interesting people. Comfortable place to chill out on the sofas or swing in a hammock & watch the lizards. Great having free bikes (first 2hrs) & breakfast included - especially Pepe's hotcakes!

• 29th Oct 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. At first it was quiet when I arrived, and the female dormitory was completely empty. However, in the morning, I met some lovely people, and the place was chilled and breakfast was great. If you're looking for something quiet but friendly, this is a great hostel to stay at and is good value for money. It is a slightly further away from the city centre, hence being quieter, but everything is still well within walking distance.