B Hotel & Hostel Reviews

341 Broadway, Brooklyn, New York, USA

If you want to sleep, try another place. You have the subway right outside the door and the walls don't get to the ceiling so you can hear every little noise in your floor. The restrooms are uncomfortable, no paper or anything to dry your hands and no hangers in the toilets. The lockers in the room are tiny, the size of a purse...Silly details that would change a lot! The hostel in general is nice, clean and with good decoration...but not very functional in some aspects.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

It was good hostel with good possition for visit Manhattan.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

The rooms had no ceilings and so I heard EVERYTHING that was going on in the other rooms. The bathroom doors are TOO transparent, made me very uncomfortable.

there should be an access to kitchen area within the building.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Pakistan

The room don't have the close wall so you can hear everything happened on the floor. Stay there for 4 night i can not sleep.it's is the worth hostel in my life.

B Hostel is really close to Manhattan and in a nice part of Williamsburg. But as my room lay directly next to the subway I would have wished to get some ear plugs

• 14th Sep 2014

The window in my room was only yards away from a raised subway line, with trains running through the night. This made it really noisy - I hardly slept for 2 nights, even using earplugs. I think the other rooms would've been loud too. A shame because I liked the place otherwise - nicely and newly refurbished, with good facilities, and pretty good value.

I booked a 2-bed-dorm and was looking forward to pass a quiet night.... It turned out that the walls of all 2-bed-dorms of the floor do NOT reach the ceiling and you listen everything happening on your floor. So its a dorm of 60 people with a little bit more privacy of being seen. I dont have a problem with people watching me. I think everybody books a small dorm because he is not intrested in the noises other people. In addition the subway passes in front of the window on a highline....

• 11th Sep 2014

Hostel was neat and well furbished. People werent really interactig with each other though. Rooms are small and the walls dont go up until the ceiling. The neighbourhood wasn't special, but it was easy to travel to manhattan.

Hostel is located in a good place, near the subway station. What more, there is subway J, which goes directly to the AirTrain -> JFK. So it was very helpful for us. And even at night it was pretty ok to get there by subway. Hostel is very clean, bathrooms are pretty and clean too and there is a locker at room for free, u just need your own lock. I can recommend this hostel.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

This is a chic little hostel. It's conveniently located too. Mind you, it's not around the corner from the Broadway theatres as I assumed but it won't take you long to get there. There's plenty of shops around. I recommend the organic deli down the road. The only possible issues you may have are that the walls don't go all the way to the roof so you can hear other people but free earplugs are provided! I would stay there again.

For the price, the hostel was ok. I didn't mind the short walls or small bathrooms. However, the rooms were so teeny tiny that one could get claustrophobic in there. Good stuff: very clean, pretty safe and just one subway station from Manhattan. I think I could recommend it to a friend.

Nees more showers and poopers. Common room was great

• 25th Aug 2014

The hostel facilities were modern and clean however was not practical. I hardly slept during both my stays due to the walls not meeting the ceiling and ear plugs did not help. It was cheap so it was bearable however, I will not recommend this hostel or be returning.

• 24th Aug 2014

Nice place to stay if you are looking for a not so expensive accomodation in NYC. It is not located so close to the center of Manhattan but there is a metro station about 3 min walk away. Staff is pretty kind and is always ready to help.

• 24th Aug 2014

It was my first time staying in a hostel, and I had a great time. Loved the cafe side with the book exhange, the location was right by the subway, and the staff was very friendly! Would return here for another stay!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Location is excellent to commute to Manhattan but is not as hip as the other parts of Williamsburg.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The hostel is very clean and new, check-in and check-out is uncomplicated. It is very close to the metro going to Manhattan. The only strange thing is that the double dorms are not really rooms but boxes that separate them out form essentially one big room, such that everything from the neighboring boxes can be heared. It was not clear whether there is a breakfast or not. The price ($60) is OK for NYC these days, but I wonder how much you can still push it (in general) for a hostel dorm...

• 22nd Aug 2014

Extremely small rooms. No celings so could hear all the different rooms. Really hot. No atmosphere

It was great. Very clean and good facility. Location is also exellent. 5 min to station by walking.

• 20th Aug 2014