B Hotel & Hostel Reviews

341 Broadway, Brooklyn, New York, New York, USA

Extremely noisy with no ceilings over rooms - just a floor of cubicles with bunk beds. Very close to train line - my bunk was maybe ten metres away from the track. Air fresheners everywhere, just made the whole place reek. Staff not welcoming, no assistance offered with maps, recommendations, or advice. Locks on toilet doors didn't work and frosted glass between toilet cubicles was so ineffective you could see others' movements quite clearly. I had booked to stay five nights and left after three

• 16th Apr 2014

Overpriced. Too many fees. The hostel is very noisy, the rooms have no individual ceilings so you can hear people from all of the other rooms. The staff don't make an effort to tell you anything.

This place has a lots of great benefits like location, kind of new, and restroom and showers are clean. The location is excelent, half block from Marcy St. The ONLY big PROBLEM is that is EXTREMELY NOISY. Rooms are constructed like individual offices and walls are not tall to ceiling, so even you made any singe move will make noise. The person next to my room was snoring must time , I never complain about. Last day I woke up early and this person yield to me I was very noisy.

The rooms are essentially closets. It's about 6 ft x 8 ft and all you get is a bed, a mirror, a waste basket, and a small locker. Which was fine for me, I only needed a place to sleep anyway, was out most of the day. The walls don't go all the way up to the ceiling, there's about a 2 foot gap between the wall and the ceiling, so you don't have any true privacy. Also the wifi was out the whole time I was there.

• 6th Apr 2014

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that there's no ceiling on the rooms, so you can hear EVERYTHING as if it it's happening right next to you. Other than that, it's super clean, the wifi always worked well, the staff was friendly and really helpful, the common areas are great (there's free foosball, pool and ping pong!!!) and it's pretty well located. On top of that, it has security at night and feels pretty safe. Recommended!

Good, spacy, clean hostel. Make sure you borrow earplugs from reception before going to sleep because it is very noisy in the hall. Everybody is sleeping in the same hall but the rooms are divided by a wall. A bit to big for my taste.

AWESOME STAY!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff that checked us in were very rude and unwelcoming, but the night staff were really friendly. The advertisement online was definitely not at all how the actual hostel is. For example, the bathroom says ensuite and it was on the other side of the building on the same floor. Should really warn guests that the showers and toilets are see through and you can literally see the people next to you. The rooms are so tiny, you can't even open the door all the way. And there were no elevators.

Very clean hostel in awesome location. Close to both Manhattan and Brooklyn - Williamsburg centre within walking distance, jewish area with lots of great food places around as well. The hostel itself is very professionally run, super clean. The walls down go up to the ceiling though, which sometimes can make it loud and the train is directly next to the building.

even the single rooms are just a sort of office cubicle that are wide open towards the ceiling (safety?!! privacy?!) You can only sleep with earplugs because either your neighbor is snoring or because you have a room right next to the railways, which is tremendously loud. The bathrooms were ice cold. No lift to bring your heavy luggage to the second floor. On the plus side: Nice staff, modern kitchen and very well connected through a subway station next door.

The lockers inside the room are not big enough to fit even a laptop. The dorms are really small, maybe less than 2m from wall to wall. It's possible to jump from room to room as there are gaps between the walls on the ceiling level, that means, not safe and you can hear everything what happens in the rooms next to you. Next time I would rather try to find a better hostel. I recommend it only if you have no other choice.

For the most part evething was tolerable considering what I paid but I would have prefered to know the exact amount I was going to be paying for the room instead of being "SURPRISED" by the additional fee tacked on when I checked in. Suppose I was on a fixed income when I came out there and have not known about the additional fee that would have taken away funds regardless of how small the additional fee was. from my trip which would have been extremely disappointing.

• 28th Mar 2014

Great stay here. Not only the facilities, the staff, the price, but I was pretty happy with the people I got to meet there. I had so much fun here! Hope to see you guys again in the summer!

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Albania

I enjoyed the atmosphere and the sleep!

• 23rd Mar 2014

This hostel looks great but clearly designed by someone who has never been hosteling: 1) The communal kitchen/living area is outside the hostel and can be accessed by anyone (I found homeless people using facilities). 2) Toilets and showers cannot be locked and have frosted glass providing limited privacy. 3) Bedroom walls do not extend to the ceiling- people think they are being considerate with noise/ unit lights but it is like sharing a 100 bed dorm! 4) Hostel 10ft from train and very noisy.

Very very nice. The staff was super friendly, they walked me through everything we needed to know since this was our first time in New York City. The hostel itself was amazing! Really nice, clean, comfortable beds. The common room was pretty cool too! We definitely recommend you to stay in this place.

• Gabon

Really nice stay here. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I asked them if I could have a cup of Coffee and they gladly made it or me! The facilities are very very clean and the design is just beautiful. Will definitely stay here again during the summer!

• Colombia

i just want to say that this hostel is amazing! Very friendly and helpful staff and the cleanliness, it was just spotless! And what ever you request, they will assist you. Really close to the city. I was coming back at about 3am and I was glad to know it took me 15 minutes to get back! Nice stay here!

• 20th Mar 2014

The location is really close to Manhattan and easy to reach. The dorms itself were much too warm tempered, the walls don't go up to the ceiling, so you have to listen to all chats and everybody can hear you. The community area is quite nice with pool, ping pong, kitchen and TV. Staff is helpful when being asked.

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Austria

The Hostel is really great. The subway is very close and you don´t need long time to get to Manhattan. Everything is very clean and the facility seems brand new. The only thing is the noise. You can hear every word from the room beside you. But with earplugs it´s ok :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7