B Hotel & Hostel Reviews

341 Broadway, Brooklyn, New York, USA

The hostel is really close to Manhattan and the M train takes you almost everywhere in Manahattan! I like that EVERYTHING was clean, no dirty spot on sight!

• Greece

I had a nice stay here, everything is clean, the building is nice, the staff is helpful. There is no curfew so that's ok, and the location was great too, 10 minutes away from Manhattan!

• Denmark

When we came in, we were very surprised! We've stay in other hostels in the states and they are nothing like this one. The facilities are nice, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The common room was big and warm! We had a lot of fun.

• Nicaragua
  • All Male Group, 25-30

None of the rooms have ceiling, so you can hear everything and everybody. From the particular room I was (a one-person of about 6x12 feet), I could see a camera above me: despite not filming inside my room, it was quite disturbing been able to see it. The space could be definitely cleaner and the noise from the train tracks was considerable. Bathrooms and showers generally clean. Night (from 8:00, 9:00 PM) staff pretty unhelpful and indifferent; morning staff much better impression.

Extremely noisy with no ceilings over rooms - just a floor of cubicles with bunk beds. Very close to train line - my bunk was maybe ten metres away from the track. Air fresheners everywhere, just made the whole place reek. Staff not welcoming, no assistance offered with maps, recommendations, or advice. Locks on toilet doors didn't work and frosted glass between toilet cubicles was so ineffective you could see others' movements quite clearly. I had booked to stay five nights and left after three

• 16th Apr 2014

Overpriced. Too many fees. The hostel is very noisy, the rooms have no individual ceilings so you can hear people from all of the other rooms. The staff don't make an effort to tell you anything.

I booked an 8 bed dorm, but they gave me my own room. It's definetly the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. but a bit weird, cause there are no roofs in the rooms, so you can talk to your neighbors and hear everyone snoring.

There is a lot of nice things about B Hostel BUT ONE VERY BAD THING: The walls around your "chamber" do not go up to the ceiling. There is a 3 foot gap between it. That means that YOU WILL HEAR EVERYTHING FROM THE WHOLE FLOOR! You smell everything and even the neighbors light lights up your room as well. I payed for a "deluxe 2 bed room", but it actually was a "2 bed section out of a approx. 80 bed room"! The nice living room with the pool table and the big kitchen can't compensate for that!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

This place has a lots of great benefits like location, kind of new, and restroom and showers are clean. The location is excelent, half block from Marcy St. The ONLY big PROBLEM is that is EXTREMELY NOISY. Rooms are constructed like individual offices and walls are not tall to ceiling, so even you made any singe move will make noise. The person next to my room was snoring must time , I never complain about. Last day I woke up early and this person yield to me I was very noisy.

The rooms are essentially closets. It's about 6 ft x 8 ft and all you get is a bed, a mirror, a waste basket, and a small locker. Which was fine for me, I only needed a place to sleep anyway, was out most of the day. The walls don't go all the way up to the ceiling, there's about a 2 foot gap between the wall and the ceiling, so you don't have any true privacy. Also the wifi was out the whole time I was there.

• 6th Apr 2014

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that there's no ceiling on the rooms, so you can hear EVERYTHING as if it it's happening right next to you. Other than that, it's super clean, the wifi always worked well, the staff was friendly and really helpful, the common areas are great (there's free foosball, pool and ping pong!!!) and it's pretty well located. On top of that, it has security at night and feels pretty safe. Recommended!

Good, spacy, clean hostel. Make sure you borrow earplugs from reception before going to sleep because it is very noisy in the hall. Everybody is sleeping in the same hall but the rooms are divided by a wall. A bit to big for my taste.

AWESOME STAY!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff that checked us in were very rude and unwelcoming, but the night staff were really friendly. The advertisement online was definitely not at all how the actual hostel is. For example, the bathroom says ensuite and it was on the other side of the building on the same floor. Should really warn guests that the showers and toilets are see through and you can literally see the people next to you. The rooms are so tiny, you can't even open the door all the way. And there were no elevators.

Very clean hostel in awesome location. Close to both Manhattan and Brooklyn - Williamsburg centre within walking distance, jewish area with lots of great food places around as well. The hostel itself is very professionally run, super clean. The walls down go up to the ceiling though, which sometimes can make it loud and the train is directly next to the building.

even the single rooms are just a sort of office cubicle that are wide open towards the ceiling (safety?!! privacy?!) You can only sleep with earplugs because either your neighbor is snoring or because you have a room right next to the railways, which is tremendously loud. The bathrooms were ice cold. No lift to bring your heavy luggage to the second floor. On the plus side: Nice staff, modern kitchen and very well connected through a subway station next door.

The lockers inside the room are not big enough to fit even a laptop. The dorms are really small, maybe less than 2m from wall to wall. It's possible to jump from room to room as there are gaps between the walls on the ceiling level, that means, not safe and you can hear everything what happens in the rooms next to you. Next time I would rather try to find a better hostel. I recommend it only if you have no other choice.

For the most part evething was tolerable considering what I paid but I would have prefered to know the exact amount I was going to be paying for the room instead of being "SURPRISED" by the additional fee tacked on when I checked in. Suppose I was on a fixed income when I came out there and have not known about the additional fee that would have taken away funds regardless of how small the additional fee was. from my trip which would have been extremely disappointing.

• 28th Mar 2014

Great stay here. Not only the facilities, the staff, the price, but I was pretty happy with the people I got to meet there. I had so much fun here! Hope to see you guys again in the summer!

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Albania

I enjoyed the atmosphere and the sleep!

• 23rd Mar 2014