B Hotel & Hostel Reviews

341 Broadway, Brooklyn, New York, USA

It was my first time staying in a hostel, and I had a great time. Loved the cafe side with the book exhange, the location was right by the subway, and the staff was very friendly! Would return here for another stay!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Location is excellent to commute to Manhattan but is not as hip as the other parts of Williamsburg.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The hostel is very clean and new, check-in and check-out is uncomplicated. It is very close to the metro going to Manhattan. The only strange thing is that the double dorms are not really rooms but boxes that separate them out form essentially one big room, such that everything from the neighboring boxes can be heared. It was not clear whether there is a breakfast or not. The price ($60) is OK for NYC these days, but I wonder how much you can still push it (in general) for a hostel dorm...

• 22nd Aug 2014

Extremely small rooms. No celings so could hear all the different rooms. Really hot. No atmosphere

It was great. Very clean and good facility. Location is also exellent. 5 min to station by walking.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Great location for getting to and from JFK Airport and Manhattan, but I could hear every time the subway went by (24/7). And there is no sound aislation between rooms, even if they are privet.

This was my 3rd stay at this hostel. I have always had a positive experience during my stays. Very clean and well kept/managed. Staff very helpful and polite.

I liked the hostel as it felt secure and relaxed. It is not an atmosphere where you meet people but you can chill in the common room all day if you want. You sleep in a little cubicle and there is basically only a low wall between you and all the other rooms, which means you can hear everyone else and everything going on in the corridor. There are also trains passing right outside which can be very loud. Despite this I found it nice, clean and secure, it is all quite new and large.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Location was convenient Property was clean Overall a pretty good place to stay (Only annoying thing was the no ceiling above each room, so you could hear people in other rooms, even if they were quiet...but everyone was pretty respectful)

It was extremely noisy although I had earplugs. Almost all locks in the bathrooms were broken and people just walked in on each other. Big kitchen and "living room". Subway station is very close which is a plus but it takes you at least half an hour to get to Manhattan. It was a cheap option but I did not wake up very well rested. Btw: NO elevator. You have to carry all your stuff up the many stairs.

• 14th Aug 2014

I thought the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was great - right by the train station. It was noisy, but that's NY. Very nice kitchen where you can prepare you meals. Bathrooms were clean. Bring ear plugs - it can be noisy at night.

I was here for work and the "open" rooms made it impossible to sleep before 1 am...

• 11th Aug 2014

Lovely stay. Recommend the ear plugs as noise travels in that place but very clean and secure in a good location. I recommend taco Santana just around the corner and knife just off keap stray for the best sandwich of your life.

• 11th Aug 2014

Nice location in Brooklyn, the area is fantastic

If you are a light to medium-light sleeper, do not stay here. The walls do not go up to the ceilings because of some kind of NYC fire code. You can see the lights of your neighbors, and hear them even if they are speaking quietly (and even if they are a few doors down). I even got to smell the farts of my neighbor the entire night, which was great. Now if you are one of those people who can sleep through a tornado, then go ahead. The location is great, and the kitchen/lounge is nice.

Good location, but that's about it. If you expect a budget hotel experience booking the private single, DON'T! I've been to loads of hostels in my life, but this was by far the worst value for money. The single room is a two bed dorm that you occupy on your own. It has only 3/4 high walls, not reaching up to the ceiling, so basically you are in a huge dorm that's sectionalized cubicle style.. Not worth the money. Furthermore there was an empty pizza box and empty toiletry packaging under my bed.

The walls did not go all the way to the ceiling, so you could hear the entire floor. It wouldn't be too bad, except people would have conversations at full volume well after midnight. You can hear the M train go by, but it wasn't loud enough to keep me up. The rooms aren't large, but good enough to sleep in. A locker is provided in the room (you must have your own lock or buy one for $5), but it is hardly big enough to put anything in.

• 31st Jul 2014

This was my second stay at this hostel. My favorite thing about it is its cleanliness. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. However both of my stays have been in the summer it does does get hot as there is no AC, windows, or fans in the rooms. There is also no ceilings to the rooms (think cubicles with very high walls ). This isnt really a problem except you can hear every noise from the rooms surrounding you. So it can get a little noisy. Besides that I think the value for money is good here

I'm a very low-maintenence traveler, but this was the worst hostel experience I ever had. They don't note on their website that the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling, so there's zero privacy (it's effectively a fifty-bed dorm). The washroom and shower facilities are creepy: the partitions are transparent glass and don't lock. This is particularly troublesome because some bathrooms are unisex. We were booked for two nights, but ate the cost of the second and left after one. Awful.

Very very nosiy! I booked private romm but i felt like in dorm! there are now walls between rooms. Very dissapointed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7