B Hotel & Hostel Reviews

341 Broadway, Brooklyn, New York, USA

I was very impressed, it is the cleanest hostel I've ever been to. I love the smell of "clean" when I open the entrance door! The staff was friendly and helpful. They went that extra mile to make sure I knew where I was going as this was my first time in NYC. The location was perfect! I don't think there is a hostel as close to city as this one.

The hostel is in a relatively good location in Brooklyn - close to the subway and within walking distance to Bedford Ave Williamsburg. I found it could be a bit noisy as the walls between rooms don't go all the way to the ceiling, however that was significantly reduced by earplugs (which they provide for free at reception). Rooms could be improved by having power outlets next to each bed. Bathrooms were good and clean. Not much atmosphere so not the place to come if you want to meet new people.

I did not like the fact that walls didn't reach up to the ceiling and could hear everything. There is nowhere to hang your stuff in the shower and the water pressure isn't that great. Never coming back here again.

• 25th May 2014

Very clean facility. The staff was very attentive throughout my stay. They know the city very well and were able to walk me through with directions on every place I wanted to go to. I liked the atmosphere too, a lot of youngster I could share my experiences with. Awesome place!

I had a good time. The staff there is very friendly. I got to meet other guests that were awesome ppl. The place is very clean, kitchen, bathrooms, rooms, everything! The lounge/common room was great too, got to socialize a lot . This place is close to everything, the city, heart of Williamsburg, the airport. it was perfect for me!

Very unhappy with how the staff treated me. They woke me up at 2:30 am to accuse me of not having a reservation even though they checked me in earlier that day without any problem. Apparently they made a double booking for the room so the fault was completely their own and they didn't even check it before waking me and treating me like a criminal. And they wouldn't even give a decent apology, only silly excuses and blaming their coworkers for the mistakes. Even the manager didn't apologize.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Belgium

Though this was located in willaimsburg, it was on a sketchy street and the staff was mostly people who didn't care

• 22nd May 2014

Only in NY, with so few hostels, could you be happy to get so little for the price. The only real competition is the Bowery White House Hotel in Manhattan. I chose this because I wanted to explore Williamsburg. But it was hard to sleep well because outdoor subway trains rumble past just meters away from the window. But the hotel is very clean and the kitchen/common area is EXCELLENT for making your meal or chilling out. BE WARNED -- EXTRA FEES are tacked on to the per night price they show you

I only stayed at the hostel for one night, but i thought it was very clean and the staff were very friendly. The only thing i would say is that the lockers in the rooms aren't very big. I have quite a large laptop and was unable to fit it into the lockers!

• 21st May 2014

Small room but clean and comfortable. Clean Bathrooms, good location, friendly staff, nice kitchen... I recommend it.

I was assigned a room, which was occupied. Then I was assigned a new room, In the middle of the night, in the room I was assigned earlier, there was somebody screaming, Again, the room was assigned to a new customer, while it was still occupied and the person was in the room. In the morning, I noticed that my shoes, which I has put in front of my door, where pushed over and the sleeve of my jacket was locked in the door. At night somebody apparently entered my room. Tip: deadbolts? No brainer

• 17th May 2014

The hostel is very clean! But it stays right next to the subway, So the rooms have a lot of noise.

• 16th May 2014

Short subway ride from manhattan, b hotel and hostel provides customer with 1 or 2 bed rooms despite the 6 bed description on hostelworld. Price is kinda expensive but hey its new york. I enjoyed the common room (cafe) that can ve located right next to hostel entrance from the street. Cafe has vending machines, kitchen utilities and a fridge to store food. Area has few grocery stores nearby which makes it easy to cook own food if preferred. The rooms are small but its only for sleeping anyway

I did not get the room that I booked, the staff was more than unfriendly and the service very poor. The bathrooms looked like the have not been cleaned in a while...just disgusting! Somehow, the architect of the facility obviously did not see the need to built the walls up to the ceiling so that every floor is more like a gigantic dorm There were no towels in the kitchen to dry washed dishes etc. When I asked the staff why is that, I got the reply: you don't pay enough to get some towels...

Rooms are tiny and have walls that don't go to the ceiling, so you get a tiny space for your bags but still the noise of 40 people snoring. The el train passes about 5 feet from the walls every few minutes. Shower stalls are separated by almost-transparent glass, which is bizarre. Security is fine for the rooms, but the common area is next door and access from the street isn't locked. Staff didn't mention the part next door, so for two days I thought it was the most boring hostel ever.

Walls dont go all the way to the ceiling, staff are sour, good common area

• 6th May 2014

Unfriendly and disinterested stuff. Too close to metro line and too bad sound isolation - no sleep what so ever. No security - walls between rooms are not touching sealing and it is easy to climb into other room. Very small lockers plus you have to purchase lock itself. No privacy at all - you here everyone and everything all night long. We had to pay hidden tax amount that we were not notified about before doing the reservation.

• 5th May 2014
  • Latvia

You've heard it all before: low walls that don't reach ceilings and an overhead train means nobody sleeps much here. The rooms, lockers, and bathroom stalls are also tiny. And there were only two bathroom stalls and two urinals per floor for men (and these are packed floors). On the plus side, it is pretty close to the part of Williamsburg you are probably interested in visiting, and the few toilets available were clean. This would be a good deal at $15 a night, not at $50

I didn't like that the rooms didn't have ceilings up to the ceiling and it was very disturbing as you can hear everthing. The bathroom was clean but the transparent glass on toilet, may be I am not used to it but I didn't like that part either.

• 5th May 2014
  • Nepal

No atmosphere. The walls in the rooms do not reach the ceiling so if your neighbour turns on a light, snores or talks late at night you get woken up. The dorms are noisy due to this as every time somebody goes down the corridor you can hear it.