B Hotel & Hostel Reviews

341 Broadway, Brooklyn, New York, USA

The B Hotel and Hostel is a really nice place to stay for a good price.( for new yorker circumstances) The sleeping area is connected with the reception. Rooms are pretty small and according to thin walls which dont lead to the cealing it is not really sound and lightproof.. The lounge with kitchen, dishes and for example pool table and a lot of seats to relax and meet people is really nice. i can recommend to stay there!

No sense of privacy in this hostel - walls don't come up to the ceiling, bathroom has frosted glass stalls. Yet - it was inexpensive and a good place to hang my hat. I would recommend this hostel for a 1-night stay, but nothing more.

• 28th Mar 2015

very good hostel,the only problem is the people too loud during the night.

Exceptional !!! Stuff were very nice and helpful . Very clean , modern and spacious . The lounge was my favorite place to meet new people, relax , watch the movies and play the games .

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Uzbekistan

I had to give a poor on cleanliness because of one simple reason. They use so much soap/bleach/detergent whatever it is during their 3 a day cleaning sessions, that you can hardly breath and don't get the smell out of your nose anymore. The atmosphere is weird as you don't have dorms/ big rooms with plenty beds, you have little cubicles with walls not reaching to the ceiling, which is nice for some privacy but you can still hear everybody which made it strangely weird...

• 16th Mar 2015

The facilities the self are very clean. I didn't like that my room could never figure out of it was a sauna or if it was arctic. It couldn't seem to make up its mind. The thing I hate the most is an architectural detail: i hate that the ceilings are opened and you can everything. I was awakens at 3 AM the other day by a couple in a room near mine. The staff is amazing, though!!! Always willing to help with any problems they Actually can help you with. 😊

This hostel was great the beds were comfortable, and the lounge was beautiful fun and relaxing the ceiling didn't bother me at all the rooms were pretty small but it wasn't a problem. Another thing its traditional dormitory style so you have to share bathrooms. The staff was diverse , very nice and helpful people. Oh another plus the subway is just a block down and there are many things to get in to in the area

Private room does NOT have complete walls. 8 foot walls but open to rest of area. It's SUPER loud. Can hear train, people being rude talking at 2 am, etc. When I got to my room, no clean sheets or towel.... Floor dirty. Trash wasn't thrown. This was a private room. Locks on bathroom doors and showers don't work

• 10th Mar 2015

The dishwasher was broken all 8 days, obviously you want to save money. The electric kettle broke down one day before I went back. One microwave was broken. Someone stole my spaghetti and tomatosauce although I had name and date on it. You should put a "free to take" shelf somewhere to avoid to much waste.

It is a standard hostel practice for housekeepers not to change the bottom sheet of the bed after a person checks out? DURING MY STAY 3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE CHECKED IN INTO THE ROOM WHERE I STAYED AND I NOTICED THAT THE HOUSEKEEPER WOULD NEVER CHANGE THE BOTTOM SHEET OF THE BED. IT IS UNSANITARY AND HEALTH HAZARD, ESPECIALLY NOW WHEN EBOLA IS IN THE UNITED STATES AND PEOPLE WHO CHECK INTO THE HOSTEL ARE FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.

• 4th Mar 2015

This hostel is perfect if you're trying to stay at a safe place in Brooklyn that's inexpensive. Only problem is the subway noise (right next to building) but is completely fine with the free earplugs provided. Rooms are just walls and aren't encloses at the top, but again this shouldn't be a problem with noise if you use earplugs (which you should at every hostel). Highly recommend!

A great experience, especially fit for travelers looking for a little solitude as B Hotel tends to place people in separate rooms until they fill up. I was rather shocked by the lack of ceilings, I felt like I was sleeping in a cubicle. Every time a neighbor rolls over in bed, I heard it. I was there on week nights but I can image it gets noisy on weekends.

Nice and clean with a fair price------The noise and the close quarters have been taken into consideration.. Easy to get to. Not the most comfortable neighborhood

Beautiful hostel. I'm glad there are free ear plugs.

• 14th Feb 2015

The rooms are quite small and, worse than that, they don’t have a ceiling… This makes everything quite noisy, you easily hear any tiny sound from the rooms next door. I must also ask you to be more precocious. After checking out, I left a suitcase with you so I could come back a few hours later to retrieve it. When I came back, I was allowed to pick it up without having to provide any kind of identity proof or anything. A malicious person could easily appear confident and pick up anything.

B Hotel and Hostel is definitely clean and secure. They lounge area is separate and spacious, and their staff are friendly and very kind. Location: It's not in the super fashionable area of Brooklyn known as Williamsburg, but the good stuff is a 10-15 minute walk away. Manhattan is one subway stop away, and the hostel is a 2 minute walk from the station. The Achilles Heel? The walls separating rooms are unfinished, so noise is a problem if you want to sleep in. But they provide earplugs...

My room was five meters from the train -the actual train, not the station-. Rooms are really tiny, and location is far the most insecure on brooklyn. This hostel is not really worth the money. For some bucks more, try HI Hostel in Manhattan. Don´t be fouled, you have to live on the subway to move from this location

The place is nice, but their greediness is a little gross. The place was practically empty since I was there in the beginning of February. But they insisted on putting me in a room with someone else. I know it's a hostel and sharing rooms is the norm, but why not go the extra mile to make sure customers are as comfortable as possible? Also, I wanted to checkout a day early and they refused to refund me for my last day. Is it really fair to keep money for a service you're not providing?

Wifi sucked as did the clueless asian girl next door that talked on her phone all night

I had great experience. Here I felt like at home, great stuff , very safe , internet in all areas . Willing to come back

• 10th Jan 2015