B Hotel & Hostel Reviews

341 Broadway, Brooklyn, New York, USA

I had a lot of fun! The girls at the front desk are very friendly and willing to talk to the visitors! The hostel is close to manhattan, clean, convenient.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Felt the Rooms were unsafe. You could climb over if you wanted. Also i ordered a six persons room. But Got a two persons. Not good if you want to get to know people

Loved this hostel, it is very new and so has fresh and modern interiors. Really did feel like home from home and after a long day out and about in New York it always felt good to come back and chill. It is literally minutes from the Subway which can take you to/from JFK and you are only 1 stop across the Williamsburg Bridge to Manhattan, the J train became a favourite way of travelling. The only odd thing is the separate kitchen with no access directly from the hostel, but a huge kitchen though.

Location is great, 2 minutes from the subway station and 5 minutes from Manhattan and very close to the heart of Williamsburg. Clean facilities, helpful staff, nice common room, and the rooms are ok!

Great hostel! I really enjoy my self here, I got to meet other travelers and spend some time with them! The front desk was very helpful in guiding us through out NYC. The facilities are VERY clean, huge lounge and kitchen. amazing experience.

If you can get over the fact that you're sleeping in a ceilingless cubicle from which you can hear the words and activities of basically everyone else staying on the same floor, it's not the worst place you could pick to stay. Facilities are reasonable, staff are cooperative. Just remember to bring ear plugs.

• 17th Jun 2014

The hostel has the tiniest rooms i have ever seen, no ceiling. It feels like sleeping in one room with at least 100 other people. Very noisy. more hotel than hostel atmosphere. I was happy to have my friend, not the best place for people that travel alone!almost an hour to manhatten but very close to metro station, that you can hear good in your room too! Staff is not the nicest, just basic check in, no smalltalk, no smile very expensive for what you actually get! Very clean!

This is a spacious, new and well planned hostel. The rooms are small and neat and their open top ceilings make them feel big and airy.

Although the hostel was clean and nicely renovated, we did not particularly enjoy our stay. The main reason for this was because we had purchased a two bed dorm hoping to get a quiet stay as we had been hostelling around for awhile. THIS WAS NOT THE CASE. All the rooms have lofted ceilings and therefore you can hear everyone's noise. If you are staying here, you are better off choosing a dorm than a private. Kitchen area is great, however security is questionable.

• 10th Jun 2014

Better if you are younger and does not have problem with sounds. Its a quite narrow building, the walls are open by the roof so that you can hear everybody, no windows... but still okay and close to metro, wiliamsburg...

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

the toilets are dirty during the night. a lot of noise during the night. some people like to talk loud when everybody else is trying to sleep.

• 7th Jun 2014

My stay here was amazing! I recommend it a lot, close to manhattan, cheap, and really friendly staff

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Ecuador

This was not what we were expecting. The area was so dangerous. Even though the subway was very close by it was too dangerous to walk around at nighttime. We paid for two deluxe rooms but there was nothing deluxe about them. All toilets and showers were communal. Showers were almost see through. Rooms were very small. They were not even properly divided. Big gap below ceiling so connected to next room. Could here people next door snoring and chatting.

• 3rd Jun 2014

A good value for what it is. Tiny sleeping rooms without windows but very clean and in a safe location. The staff was not very friendly, just there to do their job.

When I was in New York I tried three different hostels and this is by far the best one. It's all two-bed dorms, so you should always book the cheapest since you'll get the same kind of room no matter what. Maybe the more expensive rooms are bigger, I don't know. It's very clean and the common area was very nice and a lot of people hang around there in the evenings, which is great, if you wanna meet people. The staff is helping and friendly. Great location in Brooklyn as well, close to subway.

Kinda small but a nice place to be at. Clean and tidy. It's very close to the subway, not recommended for lite sleepers.

Staff gave my reserved room to someone else right before I checked in, luckily they had another room but still what if they didn't?

• 30th May 2014
  • Belgium

Hostel was very stylish and clean. Area outside looked sketchy, but really wasn't dangerous once you got used to the graffiti, litter, and train. Common area was a plus, but had street access so anyone could enter. Rooms were open at the top so you could hear everything around you. Least favorite feature was the lack of bathrooms and the transparent glass separating the shower stalls and even in the unisex bathroom off the common area. Still a decent value and near the train and good bars

To begin with the staff there was very helpful and friendly. I wanted a coffee in the middle of the night, and the staff was very kind to make me one. The place was EXTREMELY clean, I think there is always someone cleaning 24/7. Great location, close to Manhattan, Queens, ,Brooklyn, very good and accessible location. The price was fair also, considering the location and how expensive NYC can be.

You should be aware that when you book this hostel you may not get the room you wanted to have in the first place. I was travelling with two friends and we had booked a 4 bed dorm so that we could all stay in the same room. Instead of this we were allocated in two 2 bed dorms. They blamed Hostelworld for the overbooking even though it was obviously their own mistake. They told us about the change of rooms 2 days before our arrival so we could no longer cancel our booking. Not very nice.