B. Mar Hostel Reviews

Largo Terreiro do Trigo 16 - 1, Lisbon, Portugal

Staff is not the friendliest i've met in my life,but we did get to check-in earlier thannormal, which was helpful.Had a great big room with ensuite bathroom seaviews(however the wifi does not work on the 3rd floor).Very clean! 4 floors no lift, so tricky if you have heavy luggage.Breakfast is typical southern european: toast, jams, cereal, coffee/tea, some cake, in my opinion worth the cost.Location is good, right in Alfama,a short walk from Apolonia station and the center.

Strange communal breakfast setup, cant really get to all he food on offer. Only stayed one night arriving early hours of the morning, right near the old town I think. Close to the water edge and I think you can walk to all the main attractions.

The directions on the website were not very clear and I had trouble finding the place. If anything the made it more difficult to find. The staff at check in was not so friendly and didn't even bother to tell me about the kitchen/lounge area and the code. I had to ask another guest when I went to look for breakfast the next day. Other staff I met were friendly and helpful.

• 31st Mar 2014