B&B Il Magnifico Reviews

Lungarno Torrigiani N 3, Florence, Italy

It was an amazing B&B with the perfect location, just outside the turism hell, but close to everything at the same time. Some rooms have a view over the river and the whole city- so beautiful! Private bathrooms. The staff was amazing, so friendly and helpful. There is breakfast included, and it was fine -some crosaints, jam, nutella and toast. And the juice, hot chokolate and great coffee options! You have to walk to 4th floor with your bags, its an old hostoric building, so no elevator.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

I have stayed at this hostel twice now and I am always so happy with my stay! The rooms are huge and beautiful with great views and your own bathroom. The owners are very sweet and considerate, always making sure you are having a good stay. The location is perfect, in a quiet garden just off a main street, walking distance to everything but not in the big busy touristy areas. Just an excellent place to stay in Florence!

This place was great! As a solo traveller, the property was a bit antisocial (obviously). The location is fantastic! Close to everything but just far enough away that you don't get lost looking for your door in a sea of tourists. My room even had a great view of the Duomo! Owners are also super helpful and helped me with places to eat great food without the large price tag.

Staff very friendly, the place very clean and cosy, on the south of Arno river so it is not in the historical center but a literarly 5-min walk. Perfect!!

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

The owner was yelling at other guests which we could hear from the flights of stairs we climbed to get to the office. He then turned his anger on us for not responding to his email. When we explained and apologized for the mishap, he became very accommodating and informative about the facility and area. The facility was clean and accommodating and located in a great location! Our shower was small but I would stay here again & recommend it. **NOTE: Respond to their emails**

• 1st Jun 2014

Just feel like home

Alain was excellent, and his advance notes, welcoming briefing fantastic. Local advice really helpful. Lots of nice touches - comp wine, in-room breakfast options, use of coffee machine, lots of reading material. It's basic, but clean, good location. Suggestions: make sure guests know its on the second floor, have more localised reading material (i.e. books/mags on Florence/Italy) and invest in better beds! Ours was not very comfortable - the only negative in an otherwise excellent stay.

Look no further because this is the place to stay when in Florence. Our room was over-looking Arno river and we even had a view of the Duomo! In the early morning, while eating breakfast in our room (#2), we heard birds chirping , the nearby Arno river flowing, and distant church bells tolling. Truly magnificent. Plus, everything is within walking distance especially the restaurants Alain recommended. Make sure to take the time to go up to Piazza Michelangelo. Unforgettable!

My sister and I stayed at this lovely B&B. It was everything we needed and was a fantastic value! The room was clean, it was quiet and couldn't ask for a better location. The only reason for mediocre security was because the front door to the building could not lock due to water damage. I am sure that will get fixed pretty soon. I know Florence is a very safe city. I live in Rome but the door not locking made my sister a little nervous. I love Florence and will come back to this B&B

• 9th Mar 2014

Very good hotel. Service is excellent.

• 24th Feb 2014
  • China

Great Location! 3 minutes walk to the old Bridge. All Tourist Points are in Walking distance. Nice Staff. And we got a bottle of wine which was a nice gift. Big and nice rooms. The toilett is not directly next to the room, but you get bathing robes to cross the hallway. Nice Coffee Machine. The breakfast is tipically italian: Some kind of sweet plastic baged Croissant.... Not really luxury but ok.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

Our stay at B&B Il Magnifico was amazing! The location was perfect and made it really easy to get around Florence. Alain, the host, was very nice and helpful. He gave us a map upon arrival and told us places to go, eat, etc. The room was huge and cosy. It is on the top floor so avoid heavy bags... We had no problems during our stay and we are planning to stay again!

• 6th Feb 2014

Great service and the place was immaculately clean.

• 2nd Feb 2014