B&B Petra Reviews

via Mazzini 44 Trieste Italy, Trieste, Italy

Really comfortable and pleasant guesthouse. Giorgio the owner is very welcoming and helpful, and goes out of his way to make sure your stay in Trieste goes well. No complaints whatsoever, had a very enjoyable stay there.

Georgio was the perfect host. He is laid back, but open and interested in his guests. He told me about a wonderful trattoria close by, but with the windy roads, I couldn't find it. After about 30 minutes of searching, I called him and he ran over and delivered me personally to the place. He has a warm, cozy kitchen and offers a healthy breakfast. As it was November, it was getting to be a bit blustery and cold, so his kitchen felt like a haven. The location is great - bus system wonderful.

It was all wonderful! The owner is very nice, personally made me breakfast, having asked when I wanted it the evening before. The style of the place is very homey, sort of rustic. Single bed big enough for two people. Made breakfast for my friend (who was not staying with me) with no questions asked, for free. WIFI, air-conditioning, all you need and working properly. Bonus - the shower and toilet are in separate spaces. If you need, you can always use the kitchen. Convenient location!

• 3rd Sep 2013
  • Russia

In a nutshell...superb. Georgio, the owner is a gem, genuinely kind and willing to do anything to help. He scrambles great eggs in the morning and makes a stunning pot of fresh coffee! Bang in the city centre which is great, then once inside you get the feeling that your in a farmhouse type environment. Shower was brilliant, very comfy bed. Oh and for once (it seems to be dodgy at best in many hotels) the WIFI worked!! And lastly, the air con was a blessing. Beats any big impersonal hotel.

• 8th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

The room was lovely, quiet, comfortable and very clean. The owners are absolutely charming and were really helpful - they recommended to us some local trattorias. The breakfast was brilliant, we had a great time - highly recommended!

We loved our stay. We felt so welcomed and as we are travelling for a while we felt very at home for the first time since leaving Australia. The couple that own the apartment went our of their way to help us and the room was very clean and spacious. Very cosy and comefortable. We will come back if we are ever in Trieste again. Thank you.

Very pleasant stay indeed. Host very pleasant, helpful and friendly, and facility very clean and homely. Although a little tricky to find at first, the location of the B&B is very well placed for exploration around the heart of Trieste. Very glad to have found this little gem of a B&B, and will gladly stay there again if travel back to Trieste. Definitely recommended.

• 5th Jul 2013

As someone said on tripadvisor, this is probably the best B&B I have ever stayed in. Amazing value for money, perfect location, spotlessly clean, seemingly limitless choice at breakfast, including ricecakes for the gluten-free. The owner is delightful, friendly and helpful. The room was very quiet (the one looking on to the road may be less so), the bed comfortable, the decor new and attractive. A real gem. I was at quite a demanding conference and Petra was a haven of peace.

• 2nd Jul 2013
  • Scotland

located in the centre of trieste but still very calm. my room was very nice. giorgio gives you a warm and friendly welcome in his beautiful kitchen... alltogether..grand!

Excellent! Lovely rooms and generous breakfast!

Cara signora, grazie per la sua ospitalità impeccabile. Abbiamo lasciato un bel commento sul sito di Hostelword. Lo abbiamo scritto in inglese e in italiano perché abbia l'ampia visibilità che la struttura merita. Cordiali saluti Giulia e Mauro

small 2 unit b&b; beautiful room with custom features; spacious and good location; would definitely recommend

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room & bathroom were really great, breakfast was delicious and filling, and the coffee was fantastic. What a wonderful host - he was very welcoming and always gave good advice on restaurants, etc. This location is easy walking distance to the old centre of town, castle, and major transit stops.

Giorgio is the perfect host. Want a particular food for breakfast? He'll do everything he can to accommodate your wishes. He recommended some great restaurants for us to try. On our arrival, he gave us an excellent overview of Trieste and its history. The thing I now remember most about him is his smile and willingness to go the extra mile to please his guests. Thanks, Giorgio, for a wonderful visit to Trieste.

We had a really nice stay in B&B Petra. Excellent location and the owner, Giorgio, gave us a very warm welcome!

• 1st May 2012

The room was very good. It was very clean, big enough and very comfortable.

A friendly, welcoming atmosphere! In the middle of the city but a very quiet location. The breakfast was super with all organic yoghurts, milk, jams, and excellent coffee plus tea was on offer. The host provided information about the city and the area and had a wide knowledge of the features of Trieste and the whole area.

central location! Very clean and fair price! Highly recommended!

I had a great time I've never had before. Thank you Giorgio. FROM. MISUNG IN SOUTJ KOREA

100% this place is absolutely charming! As a solo traveller I felt very comfortable and loved my stay at this b and b. Host is lovely! One to recommend. Thank you

View all Trieste Bed and Breakfasts