B&B Rifugio Uscio Reviews

Salita Olivi 8 e 9, Uscio Genova, Portofino, Italy

A little off the beaten path but a nice place to stay. Staff was great! Thank you!!!

In a short way: owner kicked us out, didnt appear in hostel, I had to called her (what cost me a lot ) and said she's at the party, got complately crazy, started screaming at me and saying that my credit card is not valid and she can't charge it and and that check in was till 7pm. On website is:" Things to Noteplease advice about arrival time is very important Check In : 11 a.m until 21.30 p.m". Secounld of all she cannot charge my card before i arrive! Wi-fi doesn't work. DON'T RECOMMEND!!

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Great host and location. Sonia made me a special breakfast for my early departure.

Had the best time here! Met heaps of awesome people! went to the local bar where they showed us a good night with sangria and limoncello ! Cheers Sonia, and everyone else I met for making my stay here so memorable :~) -Bambina

• 7th Aug 2015

Overall ok..i just really disliked the fact tht the trip was completely charged on my credit card, we were 4 persons so why would that woman think i would have liked to pay 2 nights for everyone especially using MY credit card!? Also i am a student and my credit card has a limit of credit and the bill will arive in 2 months when i most likely wont have the amount of cash to pay it. She pushed me sayin to sign the bill and she seamed stressed, and insisted..SO that really pissed me off!!!

Hello Cristina you reserved a private room not a dorm and I just follow the rules of hostelworld.you can cancel 7 day before , so I take the money from the cards 3 days before your arrival. I am in the right position.

100% sure is the friendliest place i have stayed so far, Sonia is a legend, nicest person and be prepared to not stop laughing. My room was great and the whole place always clean. O lugar é muito manero para ficar, a Sonia é muito gente boa e muito engraçada tambem, com certeza ira ter uma otima estadia. Na area de Recco tem altas coisas pra fazer, a Sonia te da todas as dicas do que fazer.

The hostel is wonderful and Sonia is a great host. Beside the fact that you are privileged with a silent, remote and beautiful location, the landscape from the bnb is one of the most relaxing view you can have, the town in itself is ver pretty. There is a restaurant in town that is sooooo good, the bandito, and for 7e i ate probably one of the best pizza and foccacia of my entire life. loved it thx sonia

Hello dear Thomas also for me was great experience to meet you .You have a international experience of travel and all other italian customer was very happy to listen to your adventure. grazie mille ciao sonia

Absolutely beautiful place with amazing views of the surrounding mountains and the sea. The host Sonia is like an aunty that has a great energy and the best knowledge of nice spots for any purpose. In my 7 week trip it was my favorite location and favorite people. Will definitely be coming back in the future!

Hello Fraser thank you so much for your stay, you are so nice guys and I am very happy to read your nice review.Ciao Sonia

B&B Rifugio is the best place that I've stayed at during all of my travels! The location is perfect, a short bus or car ride brings you to the center of town where there are shops, restaurants, beaches etc, and the view from the house is spectacular. What stood out most about B&B Rifugio though was Sonia, the owner. She is such a kind, friendly, and welcoming woman - an overall unique and truly special person who makes you feel at home right away. great vibes and times, thank you Sonia! -Adriana

Hello Adriana,thank you so much for your stay! hope to see you again un abbraccio Sonia

The B&B is located in Uscio, which is a 15 minute bus ride up a mountain from Recco (where the beach is located). It is a small town in the mountains. You have a great view and lovely atmosphere. If you don't mind travelling a little bit to get to and from the ocean, then this B&B is perfect. The owner is extremely welcoming and helpful with letting you know what there is to do in Recco. The rooms are comfortable, and the bathrooms are clean.

Stayed here for 2 nights with friends on a road trip. The B&B building was really nice and incredibly clean. It also had an incredible view and Sonia was the best host possible. She gave us some great trip recommendations. We had a lot of fun visiting Camogli and then taking boat trips to the surrounding areas. Hidden gem close the very touristy Cinque Terre, but just as charming in its own way. Would definitely return for trekking in the fall.

The hostel was adorable and clean with all the necessary facilities (especially the large bathroom!). It is tucked away in the hills so takes about 30 minutes from recco to bus there and somewhat confusing to get to. We thought it was in portofino as advertised but it's over and hour away - this is our only complaint that we felt it was mis-advertised. The quietness did end up being very refreshing though. Sonya was very helpful and we enjoyed sitting down for dinner with everyone the 1st night!

• 28th Jun 2015

Loved my stay here! Felt very welcome and accommodated! Beautiful views, nice food and very friendly hostess who has lots of great tips about seeing the area!

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

The Wifi was a bit slow and the room a little bit cold, but the rest was awesome :-)

• 30th Mar 2015

Wonderful place full of colours with a great view over hills and the distant sea! I tasted some fine Italian cooking from the owner Sonia who welcomes everybody to her B&B just like to a big family. If you're hiking in Cinque Terre or Portofino Park, this is a good place beyond the bustling cities to relax after the trip. Surroundings are very quiet & there is a garden with a panoramic view over the sweet village of Uscio.

• 25th Mar 2015

i stayed there for a night, it's an amazing house with beautiful paintings on the walls and vintage styled furniture. You have amazing views, you can see just from the balcony all the mountains that sorround you and the sea :) It's a perfect place to go trekking (as you can reach from the B&B several trekking paths that go to all the beautiful villages by the sea). You can also do paddle surf!! The whole house vas spotlessly clean also the kitchen facilities were very useful.

View all Portofino Bed and Breakfasts