B&B The Lions

Superb 223 Total Reviews
Superb 223 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
7th Jul 2017

We stayed for two nights and was just what we'd hoped for - came recommended by a friend. Really close to centre of Verona, well kept and professional looking apartment. Breakfast was lovely, perhaps a little on the basic side. However the terrace on which to eat breakfast made up for it, fantastic views.

• tedoliveranimation7959
  • England, Male, 25-30
24th Jun 2017

For a place to see Verona I wouldn't stay anywhere else now. Lovely rooms with air conditioning (in the Italian heat, this was amazing), and a host who was the best part of it all. Marina is a wonderful host. She gave me a map with all of the attractions marked on, and a bit of history. She was also incredibly kind in helping me order a taxi to the station after I sprained my ankle. Thank you so much Marina! I will be back again one day (hopefully not alone). PS your fruit cups were lovely

Ehi thanks for your nice review! If you touched the Juliet's breast, I'm sure you will come back with your girlfriend!!! All the best, Marina

• England, Male, 41+
22nd Jun 2017

I really liked the Lions. Good price, good facilities, nice people - Open air rooftop balcony particularly a bonus.

• Iceland, Couple, 18-24
16th Jun 2017

We stayed in Verona for four nights and this b&b was wonderful. Really clean and cozy. The breakfast was so good! The host was really helpful and nice, she made us a fruit salad every morning! Location was 3 min walk from center. Would reccomend!

Thanks a lot my dear. I wish you all the best and mail me if you have problem with pizza cooking! Marina

• England, Male, 18-24
15th Jun 2017
6.0

Marina was helpful at first but also a hindrance, she kept telling me to turn off the AC despite it being 34 degrees (I'm British, that's way too hot for us). She was also not accommodating the day we left, she was banging the door to the bathroom to tell me to hurry up, despite having 10 more minutes before check out. She also did not let us 'chill' for a while in the communal area before our train, she basically told us to get out and come back later when we could collect our bags.

My check-out is by 11.00, and you were still inside the room at 11.30!!! I remember it because I had upcoming guests (8 people in 3 rooms) at 12.00. Your train was at 8pm, could you stay in the B&B with the other group? At 11.00 the B&B must be free for the upcoming guests! I never said to you to switch off AC, I remember that when I got inside your room at 11.30 complaining because you were late, the temperature inside was like in a freezer, may be I said it that time. You had a bad behavoiur with me: late check-out, you brought the scissors in your room to cut pizza which you eat in the room spotting blanket and linen of tomato sauce. If I could give you a vote it is 6.0 as well!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Jun 2017

Amazing! Marina is a wonderful host. She gave me a city map and told me all the must-see places for my trip. Location was not far from the centre, and about a twenty-five/thirty minute walk to the train station. Everything was very clean and organized. I 100% recommend staying here, and I will definitely stay here again if I come back to Verona! Keep up the amazing work Marina!

Thanks a lot! I hope we will see again. Ciaoooo from Verona. Marina

9th Jun 2017

This was a wonderful B & B! Marina was so helpful, the location is great, only a 5- 10 minute walk into the town center. Breakfast was great and the atmosphere is very homey! I would definitely stay here again!

• Spain, All Female Group, 25-30
7th Jun 2017

I recommend the place for many reasons: the room is nice and the the whole place is super clean. The location is great. Marina is a very nice woman, helpful and communicative.

Thanks a lot! Ciao from Verona! Marina

• rmiller6329
  • USA, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Jun 2017

Marina is the Italian grandma you've always wanted! The second we walked in the door she was welcoming and comforting. She showed us around the B&B then sat down with us and told us about the monuments in the city by pointing them out in a map and telling us the history. The room was cozy and the bed was a blessing to our backpack worn spines. I would absolutely stay in this lovely location with Ms Marina again!

Thanks a lot! :) Ciao from Verona Marina

• Mexico, Couple, 18-24
29th May 2017

One of the nicest places we've stayed at in Italy! The bedrooms are very romantically decorated and there is a sizeable common room and a terrace with a perfect view while you have breakfast (toast, fruit, yogurt, eggs, and cookies). Marina was a very nice host and took the time to give us some history of the city as well as some amazing recommendations for restaurants and sights to see. We would definitely stay again!

Thanks a lot! I big hug from Verona! Marina