Fabulous 148 Total Reviews
Fabulous 148 Total Reviews
B&B Venice Hazel Located at Castello 4977, , Venice.
B&B Venice Hazel
    Rooms available

• Philippines, Male, 25-30
23rd Dec 2016
7.7

Staff are not friendly but they help you with what you need when you ask them. The place is a bit of a walk to the major attractions and arguably not near to the busier parts of the island. But it is quite peaceful and I got a good night's sleep here

20th Dec 2016
7.7

The location, cleanliness, atmosphere, and building are wonderful; however, when we arrived they argued that we should have arrived later, despite us having email records of telling them the precise time we would arrive and their response confirming that they understood and would help us check in at this time. The staff member on duty had left his post (despite his shift not ending for another 5 hours) and was over an hour and 30 minutes away. Around 2 hours later he showed up.

10th Dec 2016

10/10 recommend this hostel! My boyfriend and I stayed here 3 nights and they went above and beyond to make sure we had a pleasant stay. We requested a new private room after the first night because the wifi didn't reach the room we had, and they gave us a bigger, better room with a private bathroom and amazing wifi for the same price we were paying for our private dorm with shared bathroom. Would definitely stay here again!

1st Nov 2016
5.4

Upon booking there was no indication of a lock out period or maximum time for checkout. When my train was delayed the staff refused to provide me a way to check in later and I was forced to book a local hotel at a much higher price that night. Venice Hazel still charged me for the night as well as breakfast even though I stayed elsewhere and even refused to provide a discount. The breakfast served the next day was packaged yogurt and croissants you could buy at the grocery store. :(

• USA, Female, 31-40
26th Oct 2016
5.7

We got locked out each night and the shower kept flooding and ran out of hot water......

22nd Oct 2016

Great, great location right in the middle of the City. Rooms are big and everything is clean. Not a great social atmosphere (at least in October) but you are in Florence so explore the city!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Oct 2016
8.0

The location is what makes this place. Right in the middle of the island no need to take ferries or train from the mainland everyday. The beds were comfortable and no bunk beds which is nice. It didn't have much of an atmosphere being a b&b and not a hostel but I still met some nice people there and had an excellent time. I would probably stay again though!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
3rd Oct 2016
6.9

Was probably one of the worst hostels I've been to. No atmosphere at all. Felt like a hotel more than a hostel. The building was old and the bedroom was too. It didn't feel comfy with old furniture and floors. The kitchen was ok but small and you couldn't use it between 11am and 5pm if I remember correctly. The washrooms were decently clean but then I saw a puddle of yellow in the corner of one of the showers. Not sure what it was and didn't care to investigate. It was gone the next day though

• Australia, Female, 25-30
13th Sep 2016
7.7

The hotel had a retro vibe, and my room was a corner room with high ceilings and big windows that offered canal views. The location is just outside of the hustle and bustle, but still close enough to walk to main attractions eg. San Marco Basilica, the Grand Canal. The only criticisms would be the breakfast. It was awful. Literally cakes in packets and the kettle had calcium build up, making it unusable. Also two out of three times I showered, there was no hot water.

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
7th Sep 2016

Stayed for 2 nights in this hostel in Venice. Although it may seem that it's not in the centre of Venice, the location is really good. It's located in a nice and quiet area and everything is within walking distance. The room was spacy with 4 beds and the bathroom was clean. Don't expect too much from the breakfast as it's just some pre-packed biscuits with instant coffee. Would recommend it, although the breakfast and WiFi could use some improvement.