B88 Hostel Reviews

134 Jalan Besar, Singapore, Singapore

One of the best places I've ever stayed. The female receptionist is very very very friendly, helpful (I am sorry for not asking her name). Thank you for making our stay easier and greater.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Vietnam

I would stay again. Very Clean, good location and great at

• 11th Oct 2014

The lady's restroom in 2nd floor is not very clean. There are some small flies in the shower rooms. Other than this, I am happy with my stay based on c/p of this hostel.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

The staff was horrible specially one mean girl at night she has attitude with every question I did never came back at that place

Very nice hostel. I like the rooms and how they are apart of the main lounge. The bed-like boxes are very well equipped. Good breakfast, good spaces to stay, etc. The most suitable hostel I have stayed ever. I had to cancel one night and there was not problem at all. Excellent hostel.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

We had an awesome stay in b88! It's got a really cool atmosphere and decoration, the breakfast is nice ( toast, peanut butter,marmalade, coffee, tea,cereal..) You can buy beers and soda also in the common room. The beds are good and the rooms have air con. Private lockers ( big for backpack small in your bed, perfect) The staff is super nice and helpful (with buses, tips and all) the only thing we didn't like it's the air con in the common room was way too strong, freezer feeling!

The hostel is very clean and comfortable. Female dorm is quiet, and the bed is clean and comfortable. You'll get two locker, a big one for your baggage and a small one at your bed for precious things. The only cons about this hostel is its location which is quite far from MRT. There is a bus stop nearby, but since it is located in one way street, you might walk quite far on your way back.

The hostel was really nice. It provided more than we expected though we weren't prepared for the stairs. :p But overall, the stay was good. We'll go back for sure.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

it's quite nice here! highly recommended! :)

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Breakfast was good, but the lobby was always crowded especially on weekends when young chinese

The staff was extremelly helpful (like a lot of people in Singapore). Often I got my answer even before I could actually ask. Like when I was studying Singapore map and a lady came to help me with everything I needed to know about the city. There are big lockers inside of the dorms for your backpack and for breakfast a lot of fruits, toasts, cereals and nutella! The place felt safe.

It was a good hotel, very clean. What I didn't quite like about it is that the staff doesn't have any rules regarding proper decorum in the common room. People were allowed to raise their feet on the couch's arm rest.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

The location was good, easily accessible to public transport. The bathrooms were dirty, but the rooms were clean. The man who worked there was nice and helpful.

A great location near to Little India, Bugis MRT station and a bus stop right outside. Staff were very friendly and helpful, dorms and bathrooms were clean and tidy. Breakfast of toast, cereal, fruit, tea and coffee- pretty good for a hostel! Water re-fills too. Good value for Singapore.

Great value for money. It is a 5 - 10 minute walk from the MRT stations but it's a budget hostel so you can't expect everything. The two slight annoyances where one, the other occupants (I stayed in a large dorm). They were too noisy between 11pm - 2am - could be worth sending a member of staff around the large dorms at 11pm to remind noisy people to be quiet. And two, the bathroom floor was always wet - might be worth installing a fan of some sort to increase airflow to help dry it.

Don't stay in this hostel if you want to meet people. Other guests seemed to be staying here to save money rather than to get a hostel experience. There were families and middle aged single men. Though the staff were excellent, they worked hard and were helpful. The breakfast had both fruit and nutella which was great.

Not the cheapest deal in town but you get what you pay for. No complaints at all - I enjoyed the boxpod bed style dorm arrangement (maybe not for you if you're claustraphobic). Also close to Little India, which is buzzing. Breakfast was basic but does the job and there is a lovely living room with selection of movies and a guitar, which I enjoyed. Bathrooms were good too.

nice location. but room and toilet are very small

• 9th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Me and and boyfriend had a great 4 nights stay at B88 Hostel. It was our first time to visit Singapore and if will be given a chance to visit SG again in the future, we would definitely stay again in this hostel. Free breakfast, clean area and their staff the accommodating.

• 31st Jul 2014