B88 Hostel Reviews

134 Jalan Besar, Singapore, Singapore

We learned the day before arriving that the dorm we had been allocated did not have a window. We are not willing to stay in a windowless room! We mailed the hostel to cancel and were told that we could not get our deposit back. This is unfair. You should inform people in advance that the rooms are windowless. (In order to send this report I must fill in the ratings but as I didn't stay there you can disregard the ratings.)

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Wales

Everything went well during my stay. though I always wake p late and NO breakfast is available for me, I still had a glass of coffee, cereal and kinda fresh fruit in the morning. I had noticed that the living area is a lil messy. if the staff could clean and arranged all the books in the shelves. It wouldn't be that eye soar anymore. Should provide curtain in each bed for PRIVACY and this is a must! Bath towels should be for free use also.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Philippines

not as comfortable as i thought. my privacy place is only at my own bed and everything that i took out from baggage can only be placed on my bed, include changing clothes. air ventilation is not as good as i thought as well. if there's any roommate sweat a lot, the whole room will be smelly. no proper place to keep shoes as well. toilet isn't clean as well. there's 1 broken tap. for location, that area isn't a clean location :-s

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Great hostel. would definatly stay there again when I visist Singapore.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Pros: friendly & helpful staff (loved them!), big common area, cool capsule beds, secure (keys to get in, lockers in the room), strong WIFI even in the rooms, nice breakfast with fruit, toast & spreads (kaya!), and cereal. Neutral: Bit of a walk from the MRT stations, but just next to a very busy bus stop. Walking distance to Little India & Kampung Glam. Cons: Hmm...a touch dingy, the entire place could use a new coat of paint. Overall, good value, would recommend for budget travellers.

I enjoy my 5 nights at B88 hostel, very clean, great location, good breakfast. Everything just fine for a budget hostel and staying in a dorm room. I would come back to this hostel.

• 28th Nov 2014

In spite of lack of windows no negativs.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Austria

Good place to sleep. But somehow i feel the blanket is not thick enough, so i feel cold at night :p

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

The shower room and lavatory isn't not enough and the floor was wet all the way to your room if it's not allowed to wear shoes inside.

Hostel is very clean and secure. Location isn't bad, only a ten minute walk to MRT. and right in Little India and only a ten minute walk to Arab Street. Bed was super clean. Only thing is the atmosphere is not that great. Common area was usually staff watching Asian dramas on the TV. So if you're looking to meet people etc probing the place to be as its quite boring. But if keeping to yourself it's good.

The hostel is good enough, the beds are cozy and security is good, location is ok, near Mustafa Cdnter, but quite a far walk to and from Farrel Park and Bugis MRT. The only slight complaint is the water pressure in the showers are not strong enough, and also it can be tiring going up the 5th floor using the stairs. Overall, no major problems.

交通位置還算方便,周遭有很多好吃的小吃店,住宿環境整潔,每早清潔人員十分認真打掃,民宿員工都算親切喲!

I stayed in the mixed dorms for 5 nights and thought it was a good hostel in terms of price, cleanliness, and facilities offered. However, it was a bit far from the metro (10 min walk), and there was a lot of construction around the area, making the walk unpleasant.

I liked staying here! Staff there is really friendly and helpful. The hostel itself was clean and cozy with a nice lounge area. Location has good and bad sides. Good sides: there are many cheap eateries, supermarket, shopping malls, movie theather and much more just less than 5 minutes walk away. Bad side was that MRT stations are a little bit futher away (10-15min walk). I enjoyed my stay here and I will go there again when I go back to Singapore :) Thank you B88 and greetings to Biq!

One of the best places I've ever stayed. The female receptionist is very very very friendly, helpful (I am sorry for not asking her name). Thank you for making our stay easier and greater.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Vietnam

I would stay again. Very Clean, good location and great at

• 11th Oct 2014

Good value for money. Staff was helpful. Not the best place for meeting young people, there were a lot of old men and even a family with little kids staying in our dorm! Looked and smelled like some men had moved in permanently aha

The lady's restroom in 2nd floor is not very clean. There are some small flies in the shower rooms. Other than this, I am happy with my stay based on c/p of this hostel.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

The staff was horrible specially one mean girl at night she has attitude with every question I did never came back at that place

Very nice hostel. I like the rooms and how they are apart of the main lounge. The bed-like boxes are very well equipped. Good breakfast, good spaces to stay, etc. The most suitable hostel I have stayed ever. I had to cancel one night and there was not problem at all. Excellent hostel.

• 19th Sep 2014