B88 Hostel Reviews

134 Jalan Besar, Singapore, Singapore

Great hostel. would definatly stay there again when I visist Singapore.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Pros: friendly & helpful staff (loved them!), big common area, cool capsule beds, secure (keys to get in, lockers in the room), strong WIFI even in the rooms, nice breakfast with fruit, toast & spreads (kaya!), and cereal. Neutral: Bit of a walk from the MRT stations, but just next to a very busy bus stop. Walking distance to Little India & Kampung Glam. Cons: Hmm...a touch dingy, the entire place could use a new coat of paint. Overall, good value, would recommend for budget travellers.

I enjoy my 5 nights at B88 hostel, very clean, great location, good breakfast. Everything just fine for a budget hostel and staying in a dorm room. I would come back to this hostel.

• 28th Nov 2014

In spite of lack of windows no negativs.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Austria

Good place to sleep. But somehow i feel the blanket is not thick enough, so i feel cold at night :p

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

The shower room and lavatory isn't not enough and the floor was wet all the way to your room if it's not allowed to wear shoes inside.

Hostel is very clean and secure. Location isn't bad, only a ten minute walk to MRT. and right in Little India and only a ten minute walk to Arab Street. Bed was super clean. Only thing is the atmosphere is not that great. Common area was usually staff watching Asian dramas on the TV. So if you're looking to meet people etc probing the place to be as its quite boring. But if keeping to yourself it's good.

The hostel is good enough, the beds are cozy and security is good, location is ok, near Mustafa Cdnter, but quite a far walk to and from Farrel Park and Bugis MRT. The only slight complaint is the water pressure in the showers are not strong enough, and also it can be tiring going up the 5th floor using the stairs. Overall, no major problems.

交通位置還算方便,周遭有很多好吃的小吃店,住宿環境整潔,每早清潔人員十分認真打掃,民宿員工都算親切喲!

I stayed in the mixed dorms for 5 nights and thought it was a good hostel in terms of price, cleanliness, and facilities offered. However, it was a bit far from the metro (10 min walk), and there was a lot of construction around the area, making the walk unpleasant.

I liked staying here! Staff there is really friendly and helpful. The hostel itself was clean and cozy with a nice lounge area. Location has good and bad sides. Good sides: there are many cheap eateries, supermarket, shopping malls, movie theather and much more just less than 5 minutes walk away. Bad side was that MRT stations are a little bit futher away (10-15min walk). I enjoyed my stay here and I will go there again when I go back to Singapore :) Thank you B88 and greetings to Biq!

One of the best places I've ever stayed. The female receptionist is very very very friendly, helpful (I am sorry for not asking her name). Thank you for making our stay easier and greater.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Vietnam

I would stay again. Very Clean, good location and great at

• 11th Oct 2014

Good value for money. Staff was helpful. Not the best place for meeting young people, there were a lot of old men and even a family with little kids staying in our dorm! Looked and smelled like some men had moved in permanently aha

The lady's restroom in 2nd floor is not very clean. There are some small flies in the shower rooms. Other than this, I am happy with my stay based on c/p of this hostel.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

The staff was horrible specially one mean girl at night she has attitude with every question I did never came back at that place

Very nice hostel. I like the rooms and how they are apart of the main lounge. The bed-like boxes are very well equipped. Good breakfast, good spaces to stay, etc. The most suitable hostel I have stayed ever. I had to cancel one night and there was not problem at all. Excellent hostel.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

We had an awesome stay in b88! It's got a really cool atmosphere and decoration, the breakfast is nice ( toast, peanut butter,marmalade, coffee, tea,cereal..) You can buy beers and soda also in the common room. The beds are good and the rooms have air con. Private lockers ( big for backpack small in your bed, perfect) The staff is super nice and helpful (with buses, tips and all) the only thing we didn't like it's the air con in the common room was way too strong, freezer feeling!

The hostel is very clean and comfortable. Female dorm is quiet, and the bed is clean and comfortable. You'll get two locker, a big one for your baggage and a small one at your bed for precious things. The only cons about this hostel is its location which is quite far from MRT. There is a bus stop nearby, but since it is located in one way street, you might walk quite far on your way back.

The hostel was really nice. It provided more than we expected though we weren't prepared for the stairs. :p But overall, the stay was good. We'll go back for sure.

• 8th Sep 2014