BA Stop Reviews

Rivadavia 1194, Buenos Aires, Argentina

I booked for a 8 mixed dorm and got a free upgrade to 6 female dorm which was nice. Location is good , right in the middle of everything (supermarket is nearby) . Staff is friendly but not all speak english , for me it wasnt a big problem because I speak spanish but ive heard some people suffer to communicate. Security is very well and get cleaned everyday. The hostel is alright but not outstanding , it doesnt have a very social vibe.

We enjoyed our stay here, it was a great location, and thr room was perfect, not cramped, had nice shelf area, decent bathroom. It was ideal for us. The kitchen was really the only non-perfect thing, as it was a bit cramped... However everything else was great! I'd recommend it, or stay again.

The staff were very friendly and spoke excellent English. The four bed dorm was large and we had it to ourselves, and the beds got made daily which was great. The breakfast was fairly good too, included croissants which we liked. Would stay again.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the private rooms are very clean and housekeeping comes every day. The bathroom, especially the shower, is tiny but okay. Linen, sheets and towels are provided free of charge. There are no closets or lockers in the room, though. It can be quite noisy in the nights due to other hostel guests and the streets. The rooms are equipped with ventilators but no a/c. WiFi works everywhere in the hostel and the rooms, the breakfast is not great (variety) but okay.

It is well located which allows a easy access to all tourist attractions in BA. However, there is not so many place to eat, especially for dinner. Its staff are helpful and friendly. All rooms and bathrooms are clean. The breakfast is correct; bread, croissant, cofee/tea, cereal.

Everything was fine. I do recommend B.A. Stop Hostel!

• 18th Jan 2014

Great location, in the middle of the city. Security is high - buzzing the door is required to get into the hostel. Micas at the front desk was very friendly. Not a party hostel, which suited us fine. Will definitely go back.

Very hot noisey room due to all windows and doors open to traffic noise, there were no fans or cooling system in my room. The staff played the piano outside my room till 5am and made more noise than the guests. In the morning I asked the reception for directions the girl at reception was getting her make up done and seemed irritated my by request and then sent me in the opposite direction. I only stayed one night due to this.

Was a good place to stay, nothing special, neighborhood looks a bit bad...

not the party hostel, so rating atmosphere as average. Great location. I went there because someone I met on the road recommended it, and BA Stop did not disappoint. Staff are very helpful, and the breakfast is simple. You cannot bring in alcohol, and you can buy beer at the reception at a reasonable price. Bathrooms are clean, and dry. The kitchen is small and tight, so not the place for doing a lot of your own cooking. It is mainly used for making breakfast, by their own kitchen staff.

Breakfast was very poor... Bathrooms, poor. I felt like needing a shower after taking the shower. Granted we stayed during a heat wave but air conditioning would be a pleasant plus when its 40+ degrees outside.

• 25th Dec 2013

It was not a traveller hostel, where people meet each other and talk anout travel experience. It was more a place where you sleep, catch a little breakfast and than go on. Some staff was friendly and helpful, some really not; just for information, because of the street, it is really really loud and falling asleep could be difficult AND in the KITCHEN you can' cook like it is written it's just for boiling water!

They should choose their staff members, there was a guy named Mauro that its very rude ti everybody, not a good attention

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Bolivia

Only stayed here one night and arrived on late night flight. Great value for money - cheapest hostel in town, close to widest avenue in the world (9 de Julio) - many buses, subway, tourist sights nearby. In kind of a sketch location but not TOO bad. There is some noise from the street making it difficult to sleep (window in room faces street). Breakfast is average for Argentina. People are friendly. Overall a good place to stay if you want to save money. bathrooms a bit dirty.

Some staff are a bit arrogant and didn't make you feel welcomed. Yet, the room is indeed clean and the breakfast is fine. Location is good too. All in all, it's a hostel with average service and I don't think we will stay there again

Nice hostel, clean, good breakfast, helpful courteous staff.

Staff are so friendly and helpful, and welcoming, they made it a great stay, recommended great things to do and helped organise them as well. They hostel is in a great location, we walked to most places.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Staff is a bit arrogant and didn't make us feel at home or showed us the way, other passengers weren't as talky and nice as we experienced in other hostels.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels