BB's Working Backpackers

Rating 534 Total Reviews

• Denmark, Couple, 18-24
9th Jul 2017
5.7

I stayed here three nights with my boyfriend in a private room. There was not enough cutlery and dishes/bowls and all the kitchen facilities were unclean. Worst of all, we had both giant cockroaches and bugs in our room.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
10th Jun 2017
2.0

Arrived at 10pm. I had CALLED earlier to MAKE SURE that someone would be there to check us in. HOWEVER upon arrival, waited OUTSIDE for 10 minutes after calling the number and ringing the doorbell. We were answered NOT by an employee or manager, but by a RANDO GUEST staying there. Facility was SKETCHY AF..narrow hallway, DARK, smoky! The Random Guest let us in, however one of us stayed near the doorway because we felt UNSAFE. NEVER found the DESK OR MANAGER. LEFT to find accommodation ELSEWHERE!

• Australia, Male, 41+
21st May 2017
4.9

In the eighties I lived in squats, this place reminded me I those times although the squats were a bit cleaner than this.

• England, Male, 25-30
13th May 2017
3.4

No locks at all on the rooms and a simple code to get into the building. No doors on the common rooms and it's freezing all over the hostel. Faulty oven and hob, where guests have to turn it on and then off at the circuit breaker. I had clothes lost/stolen after I was told I could use the dryer, and the staff wasn't interested in helping. I've not seen them since.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
12th May 2017

Great atmosphere, people and location. The place itself has improved lots since I first arrived here months ago. They have been doing lots of cleaning and general tidy up. The staff are amazing especially Nick, Dylan, Jess, Yuri etc. Definitely recommend this place if you want somewhere chill and to meet awesome people.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th May 2017

I was originally going to stay two nights and almost cancelled on first appearance. I have been here four months now and im sad to say goodbye. The hostel itself is very simple (with limited forks :P ) however the amazing travelers, helpful friendly staff and lovely location (only 20 min bus into city, or 40 min walk if your up for it) make up for it. Its become a lot cleaner and enjoyable to hang out in under new managment, with regular deep cleans (offering work for accom) and pest control.

• England, Male, 25-30
10th May 2017
8.0

Friendly staff,good location 10 min for CBD,amazing value. It is good for young travelers who are on a buget and want to meet good people.

• Italy, Male, 25-30

Friendly staff,good location 10 mins from the CBD good value

• Australia, Male, 41+
21st Apr 2017
7.7

I stay hostel few times,everything is good for budget and working holiday young person.the best work is that the management do the pest control regular ly, make the hostel cheap,clean safe.