• 677 Darling Street (corner Victoria Road), Balmain 2039, Sydney, Australia
4.5
Rating 427 Total Reviews
4.5
Rating 427 Total Reviews
BB's Working Backpackers Located at 677 Darling Street (corner Victoria Road), Balmain 2039, Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales 2039 677 Darling Street (corner Victoria Road), Balmain 2039
45% 427
-33.8640192 151.1696434
    Rooms available

• Italy, Couple, 25-30
28th Apr 2016
2.6

DO NOT GO THERE!!!! It's an awful place, the staff is made either of underpaid customers or of a rude, abusive manager who treats you decently only if you show some money. The toilets are filthy, the rooms are small and disgusting, with squeeky beds, broken, filthy furniture and limited hygene. The location is ok, with plenty of buses around, but GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!! Even the price is too high for this dump. For a few bucks more a day you can go to much better places.

• France, Male, 31-40
14th Apr 2016
5.4

Cheap, that's it cheap...

• Jamaica, Female, 31-40
18th Mar 2016
2.0

This hostel is extremely dirty, did not stay for the intended period booked.

Thanks for the feedback. The hostel is cleaned several times each day, please let staff know if something has been missed.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
16th Mar 2016
2.0

This is the worst hostel I have ever seen. I have seen better hostels in the slums of Colombia and Africa. The woman at reception not only refused me entry but charged me for a nights accommodation for late cancellation when I arrived. Service totally unsatisfactory. Take note of the reviews, this place really is a total bomb. Sleep in the park instead.

• lizeggs4274
  • England, Female, 25-30
16th Mar 2016
2.0

As other reviewers have mentioned, the social area is a cold garage, and this is the only place with any wifi, though of course you wouldn't want to spend any time there. Our private room was small with a broken bed and a broken curtain. I really wouldn't have minded any of this except that the staff took from me a hefty key deposit which when checking out, I was unable to get back because the reception was closed. This hostel has ignored all my emails asking for the money. Absolutely disgusting

Hi thanks for the feedback. I am surprised at your change of mind as you extended your stay and personally told me what a great time you where having!!! When reception is closed simply make arrangements the day prior or email or leave your account details and we will refund the key deposit. This works for everyone else.

• England, Male, 25-30
15th Mar 2016
4.3

Best crack den I've ever stayed in

Thanks for the feedback, the hostel is cleaned several times each day. If something needs attention please let staff know so that it can be taken care of.

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Mar 2016
2.6

I stayed here during the 10$ per night promotion, and honestly, I felt I had paid too much at that point. It reminded me of a dungeon, something was continually biting me of a night and staff were no where to be found. Wifi is not available in the rooms, only in the garage where rats run wild. Location is out of the city, and there is nothing within the area. For the regular price they charge, I would recommend staying in a different hostel in the city for the same price.

Hi thanks for the review. It would have been good to speak to staff during your stay if you where not happy as we can always do something to help. There is loads of things to do in the area- great cafe's and pubs a awesome waterfront reserve and great shopping!! Its is only a short bus ride to the city center. We have Free Wifi is in the lounge areas for your convenience.

• China, Male, 18-24
27th Feb 2016

I am relax , enjoy !

• mirkosaiu2023
  • Italy, Male, 25-30
22nd Feb 2016
2.0

Security: no boxes to lock your staff; they gave me the key of my room after 3 days Location: far from the city: what you save you spend in public transportation Staff: no staff at all, just the backpackers who works for the hostel Atmosphere: the hostel looks also terrible; you don't have the possibility to stay relaxed and away from music and high chatting noise (which last until late in the night) Cleanliness: room very dirty and stinky; even sheets weren't clean

Hi thanks for your feedback. We have security lockers for hire so you could have hired a locker for your stay. We are proud of the fact that we help backpackers with work and we also think its great to have a fun atmosphere where people play music, talk and socialize. The hostel is cleaned every day several times but some rooms do get a bit messy if they have messy guests in them.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
20th Feb 2016
2.0

1believe a rating of 2 is even to high.... do not stay here even if it's a last resort ( like it was for me) , I would have much rather slept in a park, Or better yet a beach. Probably would have been clean and not bitten as badly.

Hi thanks for your feedback. Its great staying at the beach but we have a great location too! Darling st has wonderful shops, cafe's and pubs and the beautiful waterfront park just down the road. In summer you should always use mosquito repellent in the evenings- just a tip for you!