BB's Working Backpackers Reviews

677 Darling Street (corner Victoria Road), Balmain 2039, Sydney, Australia

Absolutely disgusting! There were no windows or ventilation in my room so it smelt like someone had died in there. There were no locks on any rooms and none of the doors on the bathrooms shut and on one bathroom you couldnt shut the door otherwise youd get locked in! To get from the bedrooms to the kitchen and lounge area you had to walk through a garage which at night had rats and cockroaches in. The kitchen/lounge area was disgustingly dirty there were flies (alive and dead) EVEYWHERE!

I had a good time there. The place was fully booked, so a bit of mess was inevitable but cleaning was done everyday and there is a good atmosphere there.

• 1st Jan 2016

Confused Staff that tried to overcharge me, really expensive during this time of the year for amenities, quite dirty with only one working bathroom, more beds than allowed in my room for most of my stay, sheets and pillow were questionably clean, my bed was being held up by a milk crate that dug into my back each night. Noisy every night into the morning and from the early morning.

Hi thanks for leaving your review. I would just like to clear up a couple of things... we are the cheapest hostel in Sydney and always give the best rates! Sydney is really expensive over new years eve but lots of fun! There are 9 bathrooms in the hostel and they where all working and there is always the correct number of beds in each room depending on what type of room you book.

Do Not Stay Here!! A hostel in a garage! This is a sham and should be shut down. I just looked at the hostel and immediately cancelled my booking. First, the entrance is like a dark hallway with doors with no locks. Then you go through the doors and you enter a garage with cars where a tiny room on the corner serves as a reception room. The living room area is basically a couple of really old couches in the garage. There are many other hostels cheaper and better quality than this place.

I think you may have missed the 2 other levels. Yes you walk through the garage to get to reception. That's not so unusual. Upstairs is 2 big balconies, 2 common rooms with tv's and sofas. There is also 2 kitchens. What a shame you could have met some lovely people and had a nice time.

When people walked in the front door it doesn't latch properly so we had random people opening our door to find reception. We weren't given the option for a key which even if we had there was no lock on our room anyways. Bathrooms were horrendous and need some maintenance. WiFi didn't work -when asked when it will be up the guy said "no idea." We also had a cabinet blocking a door that lead to outside. I would not recommend this hostel at all.

I had a great time! Really fun, and staff helpful and the rooms are much cleaner than some other reviews. I will come back again!!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

great service. fun place to be in.

• 17th Dec 2015

Too dirty and noise. I can't cook at kitchen.

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Taiwan

Utter excuse of a hostel. Staff were friendly but it seemed like they didn't really care.. You get what you pay for but I wasn't expecting people to be shouting there heads off outside my room at 3am. As soon as I got there I was told "The WiFi needs to be updated really, it very rarely works". Someone had $400 stolen from there wallet while I was staying there. If you're looking for a nice, quiet hostel for the same price as BB's, go to Rooftop Travellers Lodge in Glebe, much better atmosphere.

:) I liked it

• 4th Dec 2015

Kitchen was an absolute disaster, nobody cleaned the pots or anything. No way to lock the rooms, so we had people coming in and out to get into the roof from our window. The other person staying in are room wasn't guven sheets or a pillow or blanket at all, he slept on a bare mattress. Room only had two outlets for 4 people. For the price all of this is to be expected though.

The hostel hasn't a reception. The employee guy who attended us was very rude and he didn't want to make our check out till 10:00 pm because "it wasn't his business". It reminds like any drug factory in a bad movie. The entrance is a garage in a dark street where you'd never guess there is a backpacker there. The doors don't close and all the building is half build. The location is far away from the city so the money which you save renting a bed you are gonna spend on transport.

Worst hostel ever . No locks on the doors so anyone can go in your room . It said breakfast is included but all you get is stail bread . It's dirty . There's no one around to help you . No reception . It's a building site aswell . It should be closed down .

• 11th Nov 2015