BVJ Champs-Elysées Monceau Reviews

12, Rue Léon Jost, Paris, France

The hostel lacked anywhere to securely lock up belongings and had no security for getting into the building or even the rooms and most of the time, the doors even to the rooms remain unlocked. That being said, I did not feel unsafe, but would have appreciated some sort of locker or more secure spot to leave my things. The breakfast was nice, and the building itself is very clean and pretty.

NICE BREAKFAST + CLEAN & PRETTY BUILDING UNDER A FULL CAMERA CONTROL + 24H RECEPTIONIST CREW + A KEY FOR EACH ROOM !!! See you soon, The BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL !

Free breakfast, great location! Overpriced, but you'll hardly find anything better in Paris.

The place and the staff is nice. The only bad thing is that only one bathroom for the whole floor is not enough. One more would have been a good thing.

• 20th Oct 2014

"NICE PLACE & STAFF..." + 17 bathrooms at disposall... just open your eyes... Hope to see you soon, The BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL

Everything was so perfect with reasonable price. it's clean, good location. Just only one thing bad was they don't have locker room for luggage. But i'll stay here again when i visit paris later.

THANKS A LOT : "every thing was so PERFECT ! CLEAN + GOOD LOCATION" Hope to see you soon, THE BVJ CHAMPS EYSEES HOSTEL ! P.S. : A free lugage room under a 24h camera control is at disposall...

Decent free breakfast. Noise from the common area could be irritating at night.

RATED with a VERY GOOD LOCATION, STAFF, CLEANLINESS, VALUE & FACILTIES... A decent breakfast with : tea, coffee, hot chocolat, yogurt, fruit salad, orange juice, apple juice, 2 types of chease, 2 types of cereals, 3 types of biscote, cake, fresh daily "baguette" of the baker, 7 flavours of jam, honey, nutella, 2 types of fresh fruits... sorry we can't do better for A FREE EARLY FRENCH BREAKFAST BUFFET !!! P.S. : noise can happen in a Youth Hostel... Good luck to find better !

The hostel is part of the experience especially if it's your first time in the city. The hostel is difficult to locate. As a lone traveler, I expected a more comfortable, friendly atmosphere. I did't see any area to lock up my belongings while I was away. The common area felt like study hall- no mingling. I thought it distasteful to ask customers to leave/go outside following breakfast. Facilities clean.

• 12th Oct 2014

Thanks for the CLEAN FACILITIES but it seems that we are not made for you... SORRY, Just to remind : - we send you a mail of confirmation, with photos, maps and directions ;just read them it will be easier. Sorry but, we are not able to change the arhitecture of the city yet ! - all we pretend a SIMPLE & BASIC hoste with JUST THE NECESSARY : bunk beds, no lift, no kitchen, no laundry, a free lugage room under camera control, and for sure we need to clean the breakfast room ! Good luck

Awesome place, cool building, good location and staff. Only turn-off is lack of secure storage, but never was an issue.

94 % SATISFIED for an "AWESOME PLACE, COOL BUILDING, GOOD LOCATION & STAFF" Thanks a lot, THE BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL ! Our free open space for lugage is under a 24H camera control !

My stay was very good in this place, it was the fiirst time I stay in a place liike that. The staff was very kind, facilities were clean, the valué for money was good for me, and it is 10 minutes walking from Champs ELysses. Maybe luggage security can be improve. In general terms, I recomend this place :)

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Thanks for your "VERY GOOD STAY + KIND STAFF + CLEAN FACILITIES + GOOD VALUE" The BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL P.S. : We well notice the little point, lugage room is already under camera contron but we are working to do better...

A clean and beautiful hostel aesthetically but the vibe is all wrong - there are no places to chill out and chat to people, there is no alcohol to be drunk on premises, the staff are disinterested and even hostile. This isn't the sort of atmosphere you want when backpacking and living in hostels. The price is ridiculous compared to the rest of Europe, but that is to be expected of Paris. All being said however - excellent location and a beautiful building. Free breakfast is always a bonus

It was too noisy that I couldn't sleep at night.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • China

Thanks for the VERY GOOD LOCATION & STAFF... GOOD ATMOSPHERE, VALUE, FACILITES & SECURITY, The BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL P.S. : Sorry for the noise, we try our best...

The bathroom is not really convenient with the high shower only! It took me 30 mins for checking in since the staff couldn't find my booking, she is quite nice. They charged 1 € for a little bit hot water for my noodles, really disappointed :( the location is good. The linen blanket is dirty :(

Thanks for the nice staff & good location ! THE BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL ! P.S. : 1/ as request by hostelworld and confirmed by mail from us you are suppose to arrive with a printed confirmation of your booking it helps a lot 2/ sorry but 1 euro to cook your noodles is more then a gift from our staff 3/ as notice and confirmed free fresh linen & blankets are provided and changed on first request at the reception desk... just ask !

Firstly, the positive things, fairly clean and quite quiet and in a beautiful building, that's where the good things end. They had messed up my reservation, so instead of a 10 bed with an ensuite bathroom I got a 12bed with shared, and no question of a refund. There aren't enough toilets or showers, at all, about 20ppl on 2toilets and 3 showers. There is no lockable space for valuables or anything, anywhere in the hostel. The rooms are almost always open with only one key per room.

FAIRLY CLEAN + QUIET + BEAUTIFUL BUILDING... thanks a lot... Please next time find somewhere esle, we don't have the level you are wishing !!! THE BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL P.S. : as request by hostelworld and us, you are supposed to arrive with the printed confirmation of Hostelworld ; open your eyes on your floor 4 toilets & 5 showers... and about 20 more of each on the other floors ; a lockable room under camera control is at disposall ; one key per room our reality but it works !!!

I bit difficult to find, perhaps more explicit directions would be helpful! All around a great stay, really beautiful atmosphere.

• 9th Oct 2014

ALL AROUND A GREAT STAY, REALY BEATIFULL ATMOSPHERE... thanks a lot, THE BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL !

like the introduction says, it gives u the basics and its true staffs are willing to help and friendly the door knob in my room looks like it is going to fall apart though it is still functional the door bang so hard when people going in or out, woke me up every night location is quite good, 3 minute walk from metro i walk from hostel to arc de triomph twice, i love exploring the city by walking around overall its an okay experience the price justifies i would say

BASIC, SIMPLE & VERY WELL LOCATED HOSTEL.... where you will find just the necessary... thanks for our helpsfull staff Hope to see you soon, We well notice the little details, we'll work on it, Regards, THE BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL

I really like this hotel, and some of the staff are really really nice. And the facilities are just out of my expection, especially the bathroom, it's clean all around!!

• 6th Oct 2014
  • China

94 % satisfied... thanks a lot for our "really really nice staff"... they do all they can ! Hope to see you soon, THE BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL !

I have been enjoying hostels all over the World for 45 years. I have been to Paris numerous times. It is my practice never to stay at the same place twice; so I know the choices in Paris. This one is at the top for staff, facility, cleanliness and overall experience. Two suggestions: 1) this hostel has average baggage security with no supervision. This can always be improved. 2) hostels should get away from the "youth" reputation. I have met many older, experienced guests, like myself.

• 2nd Oct 2014

"This one is at the top for staff, facility, cleanliness and overall experience" Thanks a lot... THE BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL ! P.S. : The lugage room is under camera control, and are trying to keep our pretty old school youth hostelling spirit since 1948 !!!

check out time is 9 o'clock, too early and price change all the time

VERY GOOD SECURITY, CLEANLINESS + GOOD LOCATION, STAFF, ATMOSPHERE, VALUE & FACILITIES... Thank You, The BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL P.S. : yeld managment unfortunatly the youth hostelling reality of the 21st century, to check out later is possible but a little bit more expensive, you just need to pay !

Extremely clean and professionally run hostel. Very sweet and helpful young lady working there a few times for us and was great. Good breaky. Short walk to supermarkets, metro, arc du triumphe. Good value for money in an expensive city!

THANKS a lot for our "extremely clean & professional property + helpfull staff + good FREE breakfast !!!!" Hope to see you soon, THE BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL

So they say it's a simple hostel, but we really liked it. The price was ony slightly more than much, much worse and dirtier hostels in Paris, surly close to metros/RER, a good walk to l'arc du triumphe, included very good breakfast, and was very very clean. The staff were very polite, friendly and helpful- especially the young lady who was so friendly! Beds were clean, lots of outlets, big common area which if people didn't use cell phones (guilty too) promotes social atmosphere. Very impressed!

SIMPLE, BASIC with JUST THE NECESSARY... all we pretend + "A VERY GOOD BREAKFAST + FRIENDLY & HELFULL STAFF + VERY CLEAN HOSTEL... " Thanks a lot, we do all we can... Hope to see you soon, The BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL !

The room key system is a bit odd as the last person in the room turns it in before leaving and then the first person back picks it up from the front desk. This wouldn't be an issue but there wasn't any way to lock up my bag while I was out, essentially giving that first person back unlimited access to my belongings. All of my things were fine but it seems like a poor way of doing things. Breakfast was nice and the location is convenient.

As pretend : "a pretty old school spirit of youth hostelling" Thanks for our nice brekfast & convenient location with a prefect staff !!! Hope to see you soon, THE BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES HOSTEL !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7