BVJ Champs-Elysées Monceau Reviews

12, Rue Léon Jost, Paris, France

I was told that I had to stay at the Opera-Montmartre hostel a week before I was due to check in. Not the best start but the hostel was very nice. It was in a great location, many restaurants in the area and only 2 minutes from the metro. For a hostel, it is excellent. Everything that you need is provided and the staff are very helpful and friendly. I would absolutely stay here again. 10/10

• 24th Jan 2016

100% rated : great location, excellent hostel, friendly and helpfull staff... Hope to see you soon in Paris !

The showers are so small, that you get your hanging clothes wet and there was no place to put your shower Products, you've got to keep your shampoo... in your hand and not put it on the wet and bit dirty floor. If you want to deposit your lugguage before you check-in, it stays in an open room without surveillance! Our booking was moved to an other Hostel in Opera because of some renovation work in the first one, but we took it since it was on a very short notice, the day before our trip.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Morocco

You never stay in BVJ Champs-Elysées... We are very sorry about it... We wish to you so soonly back in the best hostel of Paris : BVJ Champs-Elysées Hostel !

Beautiful hostel and friendly staff! Highly recommend. Tube stops are close so easy to access rest of Paris

83 % rated for a beautiful hostel & friendly staff in bvj champs-elysees hostel... manage by the 1st no-profit youth hostelling organisation in paris since 1948 ! hope to see you soon, we a working to do better ! the bvj champs-elysees hosel crew !!!

The wifi works o my in the common area. It could have been better. Other than that, the hostel was perfect.

A PERFECT HOSTEL a few meters closed to Champs Elysées Avenue, Thanks a lot, THE BVJ CHAMPS-ELYSEES MONCEAU hostel !

Absolutely great!

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Czech Republic

ABSOLUTELY GREAT for the BVJ CHAMPS-ELYSEES hostel, manage by the 1st no-profit youth hostelling organisation in Paris since 1948 ! THANKS A LOT, we hope to see you soon,

The place is really really beautiful. eveything is nice and clean. And is just a walking distance to the most important things in Paris . I loved the place. They do not have lockers , but I felt very secured

THANKS for the PERFECT LOCATION, STAFF, CLEANLINESS, VALUE AND FACILITIES in BVJ CHAMPS ELYSEES MONCEAU, a hostel strictly reserved for open mind youth travellers who are not so precious. Our luggage room is under cameras control and safe closed with a key. We hope to see you with us one more time. REGARDS.

The hostel was clean, in a safe area and accessible to metro. The stuff were very helpful. The atmosphere wasn't super vibrant but relaxing. The only down to highlight is that they don't receive credit car, you must be ready to pay with cash. Also, the water from showers has control shower on/off push botton system, which is good for environment but very uncomfortable for guests since you have to keep the botton pressed to keep water running while taking a shower or presse it every few seconds.

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Colombia

CLEAN HOSTEL + SAFE AREA + VERY HELPFULL STAFF in BVJ CHAMPS-ELYSÉES MONCEAU: A basic and simple hostel, few minutes walking to the arc de triumph and Champs-Elysées avenue. As indicated on hostelworld and our confirmation mail, the balance due is payable only in cash. We hope to see you again. THNAKS A LOT. Regards.

The bathroom was cleaned once in the 4 days I was there. The shower room absolutely wreaked of mold. My pillow had a blood stain on it that appeared to be from someone's nose bleed. I get that this place advertises that it's not 5 star quality, but come on. The staff at reception were very helpful and made up for the lack of cleanliness.

THANKS for the PERFECT STAFF & VERY GOOD SECURITY in BVJ CHAMPS-ELYSEES MONCEAU, sorry for the bathroom but they are cleaned 2/3 times a day, we can't give any guarantee on the way of living of your roomates. Sheets, blankets and pillows can be changed as much as you want : JUST ASK AT THE FRONT DESK. We hope to see you again in the best located hostel in all Paris. Regards.

Hostel was in a great location and rooms were clean with bed sheets changed as many times as you wanted. Breakfast was repetitive and only a couple of options were available, however if you are only staying for a night or two it is fine. The bathroom doors slams shut which can wake you up in the middle of the night but overall our stay was great and would recommend to friends.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

THANKS A LOT for the PERFECT SECURITY, LOCATION, STAFF AND CLEANLINESS; VERY GOOD ATMOSPHERE, VALUE & FACILITIES in BVJ CHAMPS-ELYSEES MONCEAU. The best located hostel in all Paris. We hope to see you again. Regards.

Great location, great breakfast. Most of the rest is satisfactory. The hostel is very honest with Thereza own descristianize, so I have no problem there. Nice stay!

VERY GOOD SECURITY + LOCATION + STAFF & VALUE in BVJ CHAMPS-ELYSEES MONCEAU, a basic and simple hostel reserved for open mind youth travellers who are not so precious. We hope to see you again with us. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

The reception area was amazing I ended up hanging out a couple of hours after I checked out and they were so nice to me about it. The room was cute and the bed was so comfy. I ended up having a top bunk and one problem was there wasn't a ladder so I ended up using a stool that was in the room. The only complaint I have was the bathroom shower I wish there was someplace I could set my clothes when in the shower so I didn't have to come out with just a towel. That would be really my only complaint

Amazing reception area, cute room and comfy beds in BVJ CHAMPS-ELYSEES MONCEAU HOSTEL. THANKS A LOT for the PERFECT LOCATION, STAFF & VALUE. Sorry for the bathrooms but they are cleaned several times a day, more than 2 hooks are at your disposal in each shower. We hope to see you again in our basic and simple hostel. Regards.

Biggest positives: Really cool building, lots of space if you have a big group but also lots of smaller rooms. Biggest negatives: It is off of a less ideal metro line, so you have to transfer if you want to get nearly anywhere. Not a big deal but a bit less convenient than I was expecting. The blankets were paper thin! It was really cold when I was here and I had to sleep in a sweater, so be wary of that. Otherwise, really clean and cool looking place in a sweet building.

• 13th Oct 2015
  • jwiskel

THANK YOU FOR THE VERY GOOD ATMOSPHERE & CLEANLINESS in BVJ CHAMPS-ELYSEES MONCEAU: Few minutes walking to the arc de triumph, Champs Elysees avenue & Parc Monceau. blankets as much as you want at your disposal at the front desk, heaters working just turn on the button. Hope to see you again in the best located hostel in all Paris. Regards.

I received an email from the hostel after I booked my stay. Its the worst email that someone can send to their customers, it made me almost cancel my booking. If they dont change that ppl might not be able to experience actually how good the place is. Location wise its great with metro access, facilities are quite good, the breakfast is modest but good and the staff quite good actually, contrary to some of the comments I read before going. But pls do change that automatic email you send!

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Macedonia

THANKS for the GREAT LOCATION... the QUITE GOOD FACILITIES... theGOOD FREE BREAKFAST... a the GOOD STAFF... & SORRY FOR THE e-mail just to remind the reality of what we propose : A BED + A FREE EARLY FRENCH BREAKFAST in a SIMPLE & BASIC HOSTEL where you will find just the necessary !

Loved my stay here! Beautiful hostel. The courtyard is stunning. The bedroom was so nice- wood floor, comfortable bunk beds and a sink in the room. Bathrooms weren't great, but good enough. Nice breakfast included. Close to a subway stop so easy to get your day started. The one key per room policy is a little weird, especially without lockers in the room, but I never actually felt unsafe.

GLAD to read that you LOVED YOUR STAY WITH US. THANKS for the STUNNING COURTYARD & NICE WOOD-FLOOR and COMFY BEDS. As informed in our micro website and the mail before your arrival: 1 resident card to show each time you come in, luggage room, reception area and the courtyard under camera control. Our staff will be delighted to welcome you again in our basic and simple hostel where you find just the necessary. Warm regards. BVJ.

beautiful building and great location! good breakfast and comfy mattresses. Very unfriendly staff (except for one guy) who never learned to smile, and who do not seem to know the area or Paris at all. And weird rules! When you check in, they give you a sheet with the rules of the hostel.. Plus, c/o is at 9am, which I have never seen in any other hostel! The staff comes in the rooms every hours of the morning to look for people who are supposed to c/o (even if it's not 9 yet..?)

BEATIFULL BUILDING... GREAT LOCATION... GOOD BREAKFAST.... COMY MATTRESSES... sorry but our staff can't feat with every body, hopefully you ENJOY ONE, and as informed check-out before 09:30 am with a free lugage room at disposall 24h non stop if wished... DAILY USE is possible for a few euros....

The bathrooms were very dirty and the staff were really rude. Facilities were basic as they say in their description. No guard rails on top bunks and no plugs for the top bunks .the location, however, is excellent and the breakfast is pretty good for a hostel.

thanks for the very good location & early french breakfast, sorry for the the bathrooms but note that they are cleaned 2/3 times per day, we can't guarantee the way living of your roomates ... the next time come just with your smile, our crew for sure will be at your disposal. regards.

Really cool, clean hostel in Paris. The free breakfast is pretty good in the morning. The room key situation can be awkward, but wasn't a problem in my stay. Would stay here again.

PERFECT SECURITY & CLEANLINESS, VERY GODD LOCATION, STAFF, ATMOSPHERE, VALUE AND FACILITIES IN BVJ CHAMPS-ELYSEES MONCEAU, a simple and basic hostel strictly reserved for open mind travellers who aren't so precious. See you soon. Warm regards.

It was a nice stay in a really good location. It was little uncomfortable to shower but everything else was fine.

THANKS for the VERY GOOD LOCATION, STAFF, ATMOSPHERE, CLEANLINESS AND VALUE for BVJ CHAMPS-ELYSEES MONCEAU, a simple & basic hostel strictly reserved for open mind youth travellers who are not so precious. We hope to welcome you again in here. Regards.

As backpackers, this hostel was very nice. When you live in a hostel, you can't expect everything to be just as you want it to be. We we're out all day, so we only used this hostel to sleep in. The enviorment was so cozy and old fashioned. Breakfast wasn't that good, but as said - it's a hostel and you get what you pay for. The room was very cold at night. We came in and had no expectations, and were positively surprised. Overall a good hostel with good metro connections and a good enviorment.

perfect staff and value + very good location, atmosphere & facilities for bvj champs-elysees monceau, a simple and basic hostel where you find just the necessary ... as you said you will get what you pay for. we hope to see you again. warm regards.

Lovely court yard, good vibe, nice staff, decent breaky, good location, clean, ok wifi (worked in my room, but a girl staying on otherside of the courtyard said it didn't work in their room). Rooms are very basic though, and to get on the top bunk you kinda need to use the next bed over to climb up, need more power points and there's no where to really put your bag were its out of the way if you're on the top bunk. But overall, it's a decent hostel.

LOVELY COURTYARD + GOOD VIBE + NICE STAFF + DECENT BREAKFAST + CLEAN AND A GOOD WIFI in BVJ CHAMPS-ELYSEES MONCEAU HOSTEL a basic and simple hostel reserved for open mind youth travellers who are not so precious. We hope to see you again. Regards.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4