BVJ Opera-Montmartre Reviews

1, Rue de la Tour des Dames, 75009, Paris, France

This is by far the best hostel i have ever been to. Staff is so nice and helpful. I had a very early flight in the morning and i had to leave the hostel at 4am so I didn't want to book a room for my 2nd night. I was going to get to bus station and wait there for my bus to the airport but Daniel let me stay at the lobby instead of sending me outside in the middle of night and cold. He was also so kind to offer to print my tickets.The room was super clean.Comfortable bed, clean sheets. Perfect!!

94 % rated, the the best hostel you ever been, with nice and helpful staff, super clean room, confortable bed, clean sheets... just perfect... Hope to see you soon in the 1st historical hostel of Paris, located between the vibrant shopping district of the National Opera House and Montmartre !

The hostel has a good appearance. It is clean but it's bathroom is really bad (the shower is the one that you have to press a "bottom" whenever you want the water to come out). There is no free wifi, even though they have breakfast, which is a plus.

Good and clean hostel + a free early french breakfast in the 1st historical hostel of Paris, manage by the 1st non profit youth hostelling organization in Paris since 1948, to provide the cheapest bed, in the best district of Paris : Wi-Fi as an option for 2 euros per 24h... and for sure, we choosed to respect our planet and to sabe the blue gold : water !!!

I had a very comfortable stay in the hostel! I would however recommend a couple of things which would make it even more perfect: 1. racks in the shower room and WC room washbasin 2. individual night lamp and mobile charging point for bunk beds 3. individual key cards for the rooms 4. room heating and breakfast service could have been better!

97 % rated for a very confortable stay in the 1st historicall hostel of Paris, built by the french explorer Bougainville, offered by Napoleon to the french actress Mademoiselle Mars, and now manage by the 1st non profit youth hostelling organization in Paris since 1948 ! Thanks for the advices... we are working on it !

Wish there was kitchen access. But it's understandable since they house so many people it could easily be a disaster. The place was clean and had a nice, Victorian vibe. Organized and professional staff. A good place to rest your bones and enjoy some peace and quiet.

• 26th Jan 2016

Clean and nice hostel... professionnal staff : a good place to enjoy some peace and quiet in the 1st historical hostel of Paris, managed by the 1st nonprofit youth hostelling organization in Paris since 1948... to provide a cheap bed + a free early french breakfast, in the best located hostel of Paris, between the vibrant shopping area of the National Opera House and Montmartre with Sacré-Coeur, Pigalle and Moulin Rouge a street away !!! Enjoy...

Beautiful building and excellent location. Staff friendliness was mixed. For backpackers there is no atmosphere, I was lucky to meet some good people in my dorm but there are few opportunities to meet others and the communal space is large but anti-social vs. other hostels. Security involved unlocked bag rooms, and valuable lockers that cost 2 euro every time you wanted to lock it. Bathrooms were OK, breakfast was average but free which is always and Wifi was 2 euro a day - very irritating.

Beautiful building, excellent location, friendly staff... in the first historical hostel of Paris, manage by the 1st non-profit youth hostelling organization in Paris since 1948 !!! As informed, to provide the cheapest bed + a free breakfast in the best district of Paris, lockers, wi-fi as an option for 2 euros...

Very good hostel! Very nice and helpful staff! Perfecr clean.Location is good.Near metro and shops ) Tasty breakfast ! I love this place and was very glad to stay there! Thanks to all staff for help and kindness! I am going to come back again when will be in Paris.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Ukraine

It's a beautiful place but the bed was really dirty.

• 23rd Jan 2016

80 % rated for a beautifull place... as informed linen can be changed 24h non stop, on 1st request at the reception desk. Next time, just ask us... Regards,

Bathroons are really small.

• 18th Jan 2016

100 % rated for the 1st historical hostel of Paris, located in a brillant area, between the shopping district of the National Opéra House, with Montmartre, Sacré-Coeur and Moulin Rouge nearby... Hope to see you soon, The BVJ Opéra-Montmartre hostel !

I had a great time at the hotel. Staff is friendly and supportive, everything was super clean and neat. The location is perfect, if you enjoy walking you don't even have to use the metro to go to the most relevant places. Definitely will come back next time I come to Paris.

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Spain

Great time, perfect location, super clean and neat + friendly staff for BVJ Opéra Montmartre, the 1st historical parisian hostel in Paris, manage since 1948, by the 1st non-profit youth hstelling organization in Paris, in the real center of Paris !

My Stay at the Bvj hostel was great. I booked a bed in a mixed dormitory but when I arrived there they gave me a single room because I was the only guest. The room was great, only a bit colder during the night, but with and extra blanket it worked fine. Excellent breakfast and perfect location in the 9th arrondiss. Not to many common spaces to chat with people but definitively value for money. I'll be back soon...

Great stay, up class in a great private room, excellent free breakfast and perfect location... in BVJ Opéra-Montmatre, the 1st historical hostel of Paris, manage by by the 1st non-profit youth hostelling organisation in Paris since 1948 !

Everything great just that we needed to pay The wifi

97 % rated ... every thing was great, in BVJ Opéra-Montmartre Hostel, the 1st historicall hostel of Paris, manage by the 1st non-profit youth hostelling organisation in Paris, since 1948. With the type of room you choosed, to provide the cheapest bed, wi-fi as an option... Next time if wished,take an all-inclusive service for some more euros... Hope to see you soon,

nice place,only toilet and bathroom are too small,but it's really nice place,especially the receptists,they did help me a lot!thanks,i will stay in this hostel definitely next time!

97% rated for a eally nice place and helpfull staff in the 1st historical hostel of Paris, built by the french explorer Bougainville, offered by the Emperor Napoleon the the french actress Mademoiselle Mars... and now manage by the 1st non-profit youth hostelling organization in Paris, since 1948 !

breakfast is included. Better cleaning in the bathrooms will make them improve.

• 7th Jan 2016
  • Mexico

Thanks a lot for the very good staff, value and location of BVJ Opéra-Montmartre hostel, located between Montmartre, Sacré-Coeur, Pigalle and the shopping district of the National Opéra House... We well notice the little point, but even if, we will increase our service on that point, in any case we won't be able to guaranty the way of life of your roomate of a night in Paris...

Great breakfast over expectations, staffs are friendly , smiling all the time, polite and helpful. Beautiful building and historical. I would return if I am in paris, my only concern is the floor and wall are quite thin and you can hear if people running above and next door. The rest is excellent, I love it there!

Great breakfast over expectations ; friendly, smily, polite and helpfull staff ; beautifull historic building manage by the 1st non-profit youth hostelling organisation in Paris since 1948, to provide to cheapest bed in the best district of Paris, beween : Montmartre, Sacré-Coeur, Pigalle and the shopping district of the National Opéra House...

I have no complaints other than how small the communal showers are. It almost makes it impossible to bathe. There's no shower curtain, it's about the size of a box so you barely have room to open and close the door without being stuck between the floor board of the shower and the wall. The shower faucet automatically shuts off every 2 min so I hated it. You have to keep turning it back on. Also the free breakfast isn't worth going to. Breads and cakes were hard and stale.

• 30th Dec 2015

89 % RATED for BVJ OPERA-MONTMARTRE, the 1st historicall hostel of PARIS since 1948, manage by the 1st NON-PROFIT youth-hostelling organisation... THANK YOU... we well notice the little point, we are working on it, Respectfully, The BVJ OPERA-MONTMARTRE CREW

We had a nice time in this hostel cause the place is clean, the staff is friendly, they make a delicious breakfast and it's close to a metro station, the only weird thing it's that the sink is the restroom, but somebody told me it's something common in Paris, so overall we recommend this hostel

nice time... clean hostel... firendly staff... delicious breakfast... for the 1st historicall hostel in paris, manage by the 1st non profit youth hostelling organisation in paris, since 1948... hope to see you soon back in bvj opera-montmartre !!!

a cheap bed and and very good free breakfast on a perfect location, in a historicall parisian building, with a stunning lobby as a palace, with very helpfull staff. MUCH MORE THE EXPECTED !!!

"cheap bed... free eraly french breakfast... good location... historicall building... stunning lobby..." : exactly what we pretend for our simple & basic hostel, manage by the 1st non-profit youth hostelling organisation in Paris, since 1948... Hope to see you soon.

Amazing location, amazing free breakfast, hard to meet people though due to the lack of common room. But I only stayed for one night so it was perfect for what I needed.

"Amazing location, amazing free breakfast... a perfect hostel for a night" in (as we pretend) a simple and basic hostel, in the real city center of Paris, between montmartre, sacré-coeur, pigalle and the shopping district of the national Opéra house... Hope to see you soon...

The hostel was beautiful and also historical. The receptionist was really nice and helpful, he gave us direction around the city. My favourite was the free breakfast, which was amazing. I think cleanliness should be improved, other than that, it was a good stay.

• 15th Dec 2015

beautifull historic property + nice & helpfull staff + amazing free early breakfast... we are working to do better regards...the bvj opera-montmartre, manage by the first no-profit youth hostelling organisation in paris since 1948 !

You have a lovely hostel but I nearly didn't book with you because your description of yourself was a little negative, I don't think you need to point out that you are not a 5star facility nor suggest to go somewhere else if you are expecting free wi fi, instead a positive comment about being able to purchase wifi for 2 euro would be better. Photos of breakfast 2 I do think the age restriction is a little limiting, there are a lot of very young at heart older people. It was a wonderful stay :-)

Lovely property for bvj opera-montmartre : the 1st historic hostel of paris, manage by the 1st no-profit youth-hostelling organisation in Paris since 1948 !

« first « Prev 1 2 3