Baan Gafiyah Reviews

98/1 Maharaj Road, Paknum,Muang, Krabi, Thailand

Baan Gafiyah is a great place for more of a quiet visit (not quite the backpacker scene as some hostels). My boyfriend and I stayed here one night before out adventure to Railay beach and we really liked it. We had a huge room with A/C for only 20 bucks and it definitely felt like a 4 star resort. The owner is so nice and will give you advice on where to eat and go. The place is very safe and only a block from the night market!

• 9th Jul 2014

Good stay overall. Fan room was extremely hot but good for the price, but I would go for the AC room if you can spare a few more bahts. Our room was on the 5th floor, so getting up and down was sometimes a mission, but probably good exercise. They also booked our bus to Malaysia for us at a reasonable price, which was very helpful.

• 19th Jun 2014

Very friendly, big rooms that were kept very clean. However, fan only did get very hot at times. Overall, very good value for money, would recommend.

Nice family owned hotel. Short walk to the walking street but other than that there wasnt much to do near by. Be sure to book the deluxe room if you want AC. Book it online or you will end up paying more. Biggest

Wonderful people running this guesthouse, the room is huge, clean, everything is new down to the sheets. 2 minute walk to the night market, morning market and only a few minutes more to everything else in Krabi Town. I will definitely stay here again!

Room and bathroom were very clean. Our fan room was huge and the bed was firm. My only complaint is that our room smelled like old cabbage despite being very clean, I have no idea why. Staff was helpful.

Spacious rooms and walkable to the main attractions of Krabi town. Air/con rooms were double the price of fan rooms so not the best value for money if you need a comfortable sleep. Nice family and good service. Overall a pleasant stay here, would have been happy to stay longer if a/c had been a little cheaper.

Really great hostel. Only stayed for 1 night but it was clean, cheap and the room were a good size. The owners were lovely too. Highly recommend.

Very nice guest house, although location is not really central within Krabi Town - would recommend something farther south closer to the markets, and not having AC is a bummer given that it's available in other places.

Thank you for the excellent stay! You were very helpful and we had a good time while we were there.

An excellent hostel. Well located on the main road, very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are large, well furnished and clean with good air conditioning. What more can you ask for at that price!

Perfect place to stay in Krabi if you are just passing through. The rooms are surprisingly big and the bathrooms were nice and clean. The door of one bathroom didn't lock though. If you take a room with shared bathroom you will be staying on the 4th floor, so if you don't like stairs this is not the place for you. There is a 7/11 just opposite the street and the nightmarket is a short walk away.

Everything is good. Just my room is in the fifth floor. But no lift :(

This hostel was on the whole pretty good. Positives: our room was huge, well air-conditioned, and had comfortable beds. Negatives: We were on the 4th floor (out of 5 I believe) and there is no elevator. Despite being several streets away from the major commercial street, we heard rock music blasting until 1am. The owner had arranged for us to be picked up by van to be taken to the pier to catch the ferry and told us that coffee would be waiting downstairs for us beforehand...and it was not.

Great guesthouse if you decide that Krabi City is where you want to be. The owner has really good English and is very honest and SUPER helpful.

Clean, good value guesthouse. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfy. Wifi wasn't great and only one ceiling fan but that's the only complaint.

Room was fine, staff really nice and helpful. The only bad thing was the water pressure, but personnaly I don't mind to shower with a bucket of water.

I did have to wait 3 hours to get into my room and the room lacked natural light but I have to say that the cleanliness of then guesthouse was impeccable and the bed ...... what a dream. Crisp, clean sheets and thick comfortable mattress. Would definitely stay with these people again. Also the guesthouse is right next to a market. Very convenient location

Was slightly annoying that we had to wait 4 hours for our room, but other than that was a comfortable stay!

Clean and nice hostel. Location is quite good close to the night market. Great for thr price.

View all Krabi Bed and Breakfasts