Baan Kai Hostel Reviews

3/9 moo 4, Baankai Road, Koh Phangan, Thailand

the hostel and his ownerr is just soooo nice! when you stay in koh phangan go there. one of the best hostels ive been to!

• 31st Jan 2016

I loved this hostel! The main reason for my positive review is due to the hostel staff. Outings to the beach, lookouts, or other cool sites were organized everyday at no cost. It was the easiest way to tour the island. I also loved the restaurant right night store to the hostel which had the most amazing Thai food at the cheapest price! Not a single restaurant in Thailand has measured up to it. The rooms were average, no problems.

Goff runs the place and is awesome, took us on some daytrips to beaches and amazing sunset bars, plus organized transport to the parties at night. Full of great advice for the island and then some. Easy place to meet people, we watched Friends from time to time in the common room

• 21st Jan 2016

Can definitely recommend this hostel - easy to get in touch with the other travellers since the hostel is not that big and has a hang out area where everybody chills downstairs. The host is super super awesome, he knows everything about the island, took us on a trip to the best beaches, joined for all parties and really takes care about his guests (don't worry if you're injured he even takes care about that). The location is great for beach, food and party! We would come back!

We stayed in the 6 bed dorm with fans. Comfy beds and good location, down the road from Haad Rin and half moon party. Lots of scooter hire places round here too, and good cheap restaurants on the same road, two literally next door. The owner is a great guy and was really helpful, he took us and a few others to a viewpoint for the sunset, would recommend

Hostel in the budget Baan Kai area. Bathrooms were clean and the air conditioning was very welcome. The restaurant next door was great and cheap. Goff was awesome with all of his advise and lent us snorkeling gear.

Cannot speak more highly of the owner. He went it of his way to make my stay in Koh Phanghan the best it could be. Thank you so much.

Baan Kai is absolutely the best hostel I have had the pleasure of staying in so far. The owner, Attasan, was such a pleasure. He goes so far out of his way to ensure his guests have a fantastic time in Koh Phangan and is willing to do anything for you. I will recommend this hostel to everyone going to Koh Phangan! I miss it already!

Love my stay here, after reading the reviews Goff really lives up to them. Him and his staff really do go the extra mile for everyone and taking you to all the best spots from nightlife to waterfalls! It isn't right near the beach for the full moon but I thought it was better because it is less noisy - and taxis are only 100 baht. Cannot recommend this place enough! :)

Best host ever!!! Go there, you won't regret it!

As all the comments read, goff is the best reason to stay at the hostel he is a legend! Decent location aswell, quick bike ride to haad rin or taxi but good if you want to chill also.

Really cool hostel, pretty basic but the owner Goff is the reason to stay here. He takes you all out around the island, shows you cool places and everyone gets to know each other. Had a great time

Had an amazing stay here during the full moon party. Gof is a wonderful hostel owner, by far the friendliest and most helpful I've ever encountered. He took us on trips in his own truck and even to shops if we needed things. He is a genuinely amazing person and became our friend too. He ensured we all had a great time and by the end of the trip I came away with a bunch of new friends. The hostel has a sociable lounge area with tv and bunch of films and dorm beds are comfy and personal! Love it!

Goff is amazing!!!!!!

The hostel owner is phenomenal. He goes out of his way to bring the hostel together, make sure everyone is having fun, and show them the island. He organized a day trip for beach/hiking, and had a huge BBQ after full moon party. The hostel itself is great, but he makes the experience unforgettable. I'd definitely recommend staying here if you have the chance!

I stayed at Baankai hostel for 5 days during the full moon party period. The location of the hostel is great as it is not too close to Haadrin so getting a good nights sleep was easy. It is also very close to the jungle experience party. The highlight of the hostel is its owner Goff who puts in the extra effort to ensure all his guests have what they need and enjoy themselves. Goff was great at bringing everyone together to have a good time and as a solo traveller I am very grateful for that :)

Great hostel on koh phangnan. Clean rooms and bathrooms, has a kitchen you can cook your own meals in, great big common area with a nice tv and huge movie selection, close enough to haad rin, comfy beds. Owner of the hostel, gof, is an awesome dude. Extremely helpful and willing to go the extra mile for his guests. He is the best. Stay here if you're coming to koh phangnan!