Baan Kai Hostel Reviews

3/9 moo 4, Baankai Road, Koh Phangan, Thailand

This was the second time I have stayed here. Goff who runs it is the nicest most helpful guy I've met running a hostel. He gets the whole hostel involved in trips that he takes you to himself and gives you any information you need about anything around the island or travelling to other islands. Can't recommend this place enough!

Great hostel, very helpful owner. Away from the madness of Haad Rin but only a short taxi drive away at a maximum of 100 baht each. The hostel organises events every day and every night for you where you can see how beautiful the island is and how there is more to it than just parties. Also has great relations with a hostel next door, Domingos, which is really convenient

I actually didn't stay here, but from the moment I met Goff, the owner, I knew that Baan Kai Hostel is a quality establishment. I arrived in Koh Phangan thinking there would be really good diving there (misinterpreted a recommendation from some friends), but Goff was very understanding and not in the least judgmental about this and kindly told me that Koh Tao is where I should go, while also recommending a couple diving resorts there too. Wish I chilled with him a bit more; next time though!

• 14th Mar 2015

Great place all things considered! Goff is amazingly friendly and brings us all out for outings to see cool places, and even provides paint and transport for the full moon party. Cool guy to hang around. Good place to socialise and meet people as well, with good food just next door.

Great place with a great atmosphere! Would definitely visit again.

Really nice simple hostel which is located away from the noisy party but always accessible with a 100 Baht taxi. As most people have said, the owner Goff is really friendly and nothing is too much to ask from him. The tour of the island he offers is definitely worthwhile if you want to do some exploring during the day. Good, clean hostel with an awesome owner.

We had the best time at this hostel for the full moon party March 2015!! This was due to the amazing owner and the other people we met in the hostel. As it is a small hostel it had a real family atmosphere and we all got to know eachother! The owner goff is so lovely and he really looked after everybody including taking us out on a day trip around Koh phangan which is really worth doing! He is a really great guy with lots of interesting stories to tell! Stay here for the full moon!!

• 2nd Mar 2015

I loved my time here, couldn't drag myself away. The owner took us for days out and he is a fountain of knowledge for Thailand. Rent scooters and explore the Island. The restaurant next door has the cheapest beer on the island and really good food too. Definately recommend

All dorms end up being mixed so do not book a 6 bed mixed dorm because it has no ac and is more expensive. to get anywhere good on an island you will need transportstion which the owner gladly provides and that will save you a lot of money. there are only 3 bathrooms with a shower inside and a shower room, so if someone is showering or using a sink you can't use a bathroom at the same time. it becomes a big issue in the mornings and evenings. the hostel is very small so you get to know everyone

This was my favorite hostel experience for my entire trip (I stayed in 5+ other hostels in other places). Goff will absolutely ensure that your stay at Baan Kai and in Ko Phangan is spectacular. He asks you what you want to do in the morning, and then gives you everything you need to get it done at the best place. He doesn't ask for any money or get any commissions - he just wants to do everything he can to help you have a good time. The location is also unbeatable. Stay here!

definitely nothing fancy aobut this hostel, but the rooms have very silent A/C and the beds are comfortable. the location is pretty good if u want to avoid spending the night in crazy had rin: a 10 min taxi ride and u'll be back at the hostel. but the real plus of this hostel is dfntly its owner and host: Gof, the coolest, + considerate host u can imagine: he speaks perfect English (and learnt it by himself) and will ALWAYS help u out whatever yr question is. GOF just RULES!

This trip was made amazing Guf (spelling?) The owner. Firstly, it was the week of New Year's eve, which is probably similar to most full moon parties: everything is busy, people throughout the island are trying to milk you for whatever they can. But Guf was someone who would go the extra mike ensuring that we not only had an amazing time, but could discover whatever we wanted on the island and avoid the hucksters. Believe me, this is what you need in this crazy place. Thanks!

Extremely helpful owner and very nice hostel, highly recommended.

This is one of the best places we stayed in Asia! Golf the owner is actually legendary and helps you out with anything you need on the island and gives you so much info about the parties and even took us on trips around to a waterfall which was so nice. Place was always clean with working facilities and had a kitchen and movie area which were so good to use. Cheapest restaurants right next door and beach 5 minute walk. Thank you so much for everything Golf we will come again. Love Lulu and Kate!

Great friendly hostel. The host Goff is the kindest friendliest guy you could ever meet. Happy to get everyone together and puts on tours of the island free of charge which take you to some unique spots. Short taxi ride to Haad Rin and good restaurants working a short walking distance. Good living area with films and TV to watch, comfortable beds.

Everything you need in a hostel 5 minute walk from most things you need and a 2 minute taxi to the full moon party. The owner took us out two days free of charge to explore the island. Met some great people staying at the same time. He bends over backwards to help you with anything you need and makes a big effort to bring everyone together.

Such a great place to stay! Easy to get to the FMP and a great sociable atmosphere. Goff was the best. So nice of him to organise the day trip to the beach and the waterfall. Learnt a lot about sea cucumbers! Even when my friend and I got sick, he was amazing. She vommed in the sink and he was totally cool about it (my mum would kill me) he even gave us some medicine!