Baan Kai Hostel

Superb 175 Total Reviews
Superb 175 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
17th May 2017

The gentleman at the front was so wonderful and welcoming. The friendliest experience I had at a hostel while in Thailand.

11th Apr 2017

Tony was amazing, he organized trips and transportation for us, was very helpful with any questions we had, and kept the place in great order. It's a wonderful place to stay and next to some great places to eat.

• Netherlands, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
8th Apr 2017

Although it's not so close to the scene, I totally recommend it. The staff is amazing and they took us everywhere making it easy to meet people and see the island from a great perspective. It's also very easy and cheap to go around. There are great and cheap restaurants around besides family mkt and 7-eleven. Just book :)

• Canada, Female, 25-30
19th Mar 2017

I can't say enough good things about Baan Kai Hostel! As a solo traveller I am always nervous about hostel atmospheres and Baan Kai was the best hostel I've stayed at by far. The owners are amazing and extremely helpful. They want everyone to have a great time and help everyone feel very welcome. It was like I was visiting friends I've known for 10 years. They include everyone in events and ideas they have. I would stay here again in a heart beat!!!

12th Mar 2017

The owners are brilliant. They helped me out in any way they could and always made sure I knew how to get around the island and even gave me a lift a couple times! The rooms are nice and cool, with good aircon. It got very busy during full moon, like everywhere does - the owners hosted pre drinks. Chilled atmosphere after full moon with everyone leaving the island. Very nice hostel and I'd definitely return. Unfortunately I didn't get to go on the day trip around the island

• Australia, Male, 25-30
10th Mar 2017

Awesome place to stay and the staff were the most helpful and lovely people on our trip to this point. Highly recommended this hostel if you wish to chill and do activities during the day and still party during the full moon/ half moon parties.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
9th Mar 2017

I can't speak highly enough of Baan Kai. Geoff who owns the hostel is so warm and welcoming to every guest. He brought us up to an amazing sunset view the first night to meet everyone and then the next day organised a trip for everyone. He really wants everyone to experience Koh Phangan for what it is and not JUST the full moon although even for that pre drinking and getting ready in the hostel was awesome. There's 2 great restaurants right beside the hostel that are super cheap too. Winner

10th Feb 2017
7.4

Very nice guesthouse for backpackers. I was amazingly well welcomed by a lovely girl from the staff. Room and bathroom wasn’t luxurious but good enough. Nice comfy common area with relaxed atmosphere. I would have enjoyed to stay more if I had liked more Koh Phangan.

• michelleernst6121
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

AMAZING atmosphere and the owners do an amazing job to make you feel at home! They even took us out on a full day adventure and showed us some absolutely stunning places!! Definitely recommend!!

• rachfaulkner
  • England, Female, 18-24
9th Jan 2017
7.4

Owners very welcoming. This hostel really stood out for me coz the owners didn't want you to believe that koh phangan was all about partying. It's not, it's got a lot more to offer and if it wernt for them I wouldn't have seen or done what I did. Couldn't thank them enough. Also got a great cafe next door that serves nice cheap western food. Only down side is I felt the lounging out area and bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner. Main thing the rooms and beds were clean & comfy. Recommend