Baan Kai Hostel

9.3
Superb 169 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
19th Mar 2017

I can't say enough good things about Baan Kai Hostel! As a solo traveller I am always nervous about hostel atmospheres and Baan Kai was the best hostel I've stayed at by far. The owners are amazing and extremely helpful. They want everyone to have a great time and help everyone feel very welcome. It was like I was visiting friends I've known for 10 years. They include everyone in events and ideas they have. I would stay here again in a heart beat!!!

• England, Male, 18-24
12th Mar 2017

The owners are brilliant. They helped me out in any way they could and always made sure I knew how to get around the island and even gave me a lift a couple times! The rooms are nice and cool, with good aircon. It got very busy during full moon, like everywhere does - the owners hosted pre drinks. Chilled atmosphere after full moon with everyone leaving the island. Very nice hostel and I'd definitely return. Unfortunately I didn't get to go on the day trip around the island

• Australia, Male, 25-30
10th Mar 2017

Awesome place to stay and the staff were the most helpful and lovely people on our trip to this point. Highly recommended this hostel if you wish to chill and do activities during the day and still party during the full moon/ half moon parties.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
9th Mar 2017

I can't speak highly enough of Baan Kai. Geoff who owns the hostel is so warm and welcoming to every guest. He brought us up to an amazing sunset view the first night to meet everyone and then the next day organised a trip for everyone. He really wants everyone to experience Koh Phangan for what it is and not JUST the full moon although even for that pre drinking and getting ready in the hostel was awesome. There's 2 great restaurants right beside the hostel that are super cheap too. Winner

• michelleernst6121
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

AMAZING atmosphere and the owners do an amazing job to make you feel at home! They even took us out on a full day adventure and showed us some absolutely stunning places!! Definitely recommend!!

• rachfaulkner
  • England, Female, 18-24
9th Jan 2017
7.4

Owners very welcoming. This hostel really stood out for me coz the owners didn't want you to believe that koh phangan was all about partying. It's not, it's got a lot more to offer and if it wernt for them I wouldn't have seen or done what I did. Couldn't thank them enough. Also got a great cafe next door that serves nice cheap western food. Only down side is I felt the lounging out area and bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner. Main thing the rooms and beds were clean & comfy. Recommend

28th Dec 2016

Literally cannot recommend this hostel enough. The owner and his partner made my experience of koh Phangan totally amazing. I got to see a completely different side to this island. I will definitely be visiting again. Next door to the hostel is a Thai restaurant that serves some of the cheapest tasty local food on the island. Koh Phangan is so much more than the full moon party.

• Vietnam, Female, 25-30
22nd Dec 2016

Had a great time staying here. The owner took us around the island and showed us alot Of different places, making the trip memorable. There's food around the area, so it's not that secluded but definitely farther from haad rin. Which was fine. There is a beach/pool area down the street if you wanna go sun bathing. The place only has 2 bathrooms for everyone so that's the downside of it. But everyone I met here hung out and had a good time together.

• Germany, Female, 41+
27th Nov 2016

Staying at the Baan Kai hostel was the best part on Koh-Phangan. Owner is really nice and helps you out whatever you need. the couple who run this hostel are two of the loveliest people I've ever met, so helpful and telling you the best places things to do and everything. Ireally enjoyed my stay here and has a good social vibe :)

• Germany, Female, 25-30
27th Nov 2016

This place is amazing!!! Gof and Aziza the owners of the hostel are wonderful people!! They are so friendly and helpful ,they took us aound the Island if you do not know how to ride a scooter so you will get to see the beautiful Kho Phangan. The Restaurant next door is super cheap, 50 Bath a meal...the hostel is very clean and you always feel just like home...i see Forward to going back ....10 out of 10.