Baan Kai Hostel Reviews

3/9 moo 4, Baankai Road, Koh Phangan, Thailand

I really enjoyed my stay at Baan Kai Hostel, the owner Gof is an amazing guy, helping you all the time and always receiving you with a smile as a welcome. The atmosphere is great, the staff is lovely and I felt it like home. Free and good Wi-Fi, breakfast included and there is a kitchen if you want to cook something anytime. Good location, not too far from the beach where is the Full Moon Party and close to the main Pier, Thong Sala. I highly recommend this place, good value for money.

The owner of this hostel is the nicest guy ever and definitely made a massive difference to our phangan experience. The hostel is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy all that the island has to offer with a great location not too far away from Hadrin with the full moon party and really close to the jungle party. The hostel has a great social area with a massive tv with loads of films and tv episodes to chill out, and a kitchen area for cooking your own food. Definitely recommend this hostel!!!

We had an absolutely great stay here. The hostel is spotless, the beds are comfy and showers are hot. There's a communal kitchen for guests to use and the owner supplies bread and milk. The owner is such a lovely man, he took us jungle trekking and on a full day out where we visited view points, temples, got a boat to bottle beach and afterwards went to see elephants and went zip lining. He did this using his own time and not asking for anything in return. Amazing stay here.

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Wales

Stayed in this hostel over the full moon in February. It was a great place to stay, easy to get to full moon party as well as other locations around the island. The owner was so helpful and laid back, creating a good atmosphere. He assisted in booking transport to our next location as well which was a great help. Would highly recommend staying here. If I return to Koh phangan I would 100% visit again.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Really clean hostel, rooms are big and beds are comfy. Big lunge area where you can relax and watch telly also have kitchen facilities with tea coffee breakfast. The staff are really friendly and helpful as well

This was the best Hostel I have visited on my trip. Everything was for my satisfaction and the best feature was its owner and his brother. They helped me with everything, made shure that I have a good time and I stayed even longer because of the them. We had a very good time together. I think I have two new friends and I will definetly come back. Vincent

• 12th Jan 2014

A bit far from Hadrin, but its only 100 for a taxi - its worth it!

Staying at Baan Kai Hostel was a total pleasure ! Immaculate air cooled dorms with balcony, secure lockers, powerful hot shower's, ultra chilled lounge area with super HD TV, clean cooking facility's with access to a communal fridge. All this is run by some of the coolest, friendliest people I ever met ! The English speaking owner "Attasan Boonmark" will give great advice, share his local knowledge, and ensure you have a superb time during your stay at Baan Kai 10/10 ...Book Now!!!

• 11th Jan 2014

Loved this place! Gof (the owner) is such a wonderfull guy, he organised trips for all his guests: big bbq, painting before the full Moon party, going to a kickbox fight. He really let me feel home, and he connected everybody tha was staying there. The chambers are clean, good airconditioning, nice meeting area, and best of all a kitchen. Every morning everybody made their own breakfast, sitting round the table, really let me feel like home! Wonderfull stay, would defenately stay here again!

I loved this hostel!!!! The guy running it is the nicest person ever!!! Seriously this place is quality, the best!! Also all the people who were staying at the hostel were wonderful. I loved it and recommend everyone to stay there!

• 30th Dec 2013

Best hostel I've stayed at in more than 3 months of traveling through SEA! Golfy is super friendly and he really makes you feel at home :) free breakfast (pancakes, cornflakes, toast - whatever you want) and the kitchen as well as the terrace are great to meet people. It's far enough from haadrin to be able to sleep at night and the taxis are only a 100baht. We had an awesome BBQ before NYE - loved this place!

• 28th Dec 2013

Me and a mate stayed here over for a week across New Years Eve, quite easily the best place I have stayed at in Thailand. The guy running the place, 'Goth' (I think thats how its spelt) is the nicest guy you could hope to meet. Nothing was too much trouble for him, he even laid on a BBQ free of charge. He speaks the best English of any Thai person I have met, and is very knowledgeable about the Island and can organise stuff for you no problem. 10/10 Had a great time here

• 27th Dec 2013

Lovely owners take really good care of you in a nice, new, confy, clean and good environment hostel. They will help you in all what you need also keen on take you to the port if you are running late! Hahah thanks for everything. Good luuuck!

• 15th Dec 2013