Baan Kai Hostel Reviews

3/9 moo 4, Baankai Road, Koh Phangan, Thailand

We had an amazing time at this hostel during the full moon party. Location isn't right on Haad Rin but we preferred that. Only a 10 min taxi ride away for 100baht. Goff was such a great host,full of knowledge and info and also took us on a couple of day trips in his truck, free of charge. Fab atmosphere. Only negative is the water stinks of egg, think it's a dodgy drainage system in the area. The restaurant next door is AMAZING! Delicious plus the cheapest beer in Thailand!!

Great hostel for the full moon party (I was recommended it by another traveller). It's well located (a short songthaew ride to Haad Rin, walkable to the Jungle party) and has a really nice restaurant immediately next door (selling good quality cheap food). The hostel owner is fantastic - very friendly and helpful, and took us on trips to bottle beach and the sunset bar. Dorms had lockers and beds were good. No AC but lots of fans (mosquitoes weren't a problem). Highly recommended!

Gof who runs the hostel was absolutely brilliant - he took everyone at the hostel for days out, took us all to the jungle party for free, and organised all the taxis to the full moon for (which was only 10 mins away), as well providing loads of info about koh phangan and other places in thailand. Hostel itself was clean and comfortable, and has a tv, movies and a even a Wii in the common room. Restauran next door is really good and cheap which is a nice bonus! Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed 5 nights and had a fantastic time! The owner is a legend! While there he organized day trips for the hostel and provided any information you could ever need about Koh Phangan. Many joint trips are organized with the hostel next door and you are able to rent motorbikes from that hostel as well. Baan Kai has an awesome common room with a big TV and countless movies to choose from. We didn't get around to using it but they have a Wii as well. 10/10 I would definitely recommend!

We stayed over the last full moon period and had an amazing time! The hostel owner makes the place as he is always so friendly and helpful and even took us on a tour of the island one day. The beds are clean and comfy and the aircon is an added bonus! There is also a great communal area downstairs making it easy to meet other people in the hostel and to just chill out and watch a film post full moon! Would highly recommend staying here, we had some of the best times here!

• 29th Jun 2015

Gof the owner was a really nice bloke, he speaks very good English so he's easy to ask for recommendations etc. He drove me and my mates to the shop a couple of times as well which saved some money on taxis! The fact the hostel is a little while from haad rin meant food was a lot cheaper in the vicinity too.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Gof was so accommodating! He helped us in any way he possibly could.. Offered us a ride to the hospital when my sister got sick, let us use his phone to call Canada when our bank card was compromised, took us to a viewpoint, was happy to have our friends from another hostel hang out and have drinks in the common area. He even gave us a free ride to the jungle experience with all of our friends who weren't staying there. A genuinely nice guy! it's further from the full moon but only 100 THB taxi

• 26th Jun 2015

The owner Gof is such a nice person. He is very helpful in so many ways. He gave me a lot of tips about the island. They arranged cheap and nice tours with their private jeeps. He gave us free rides with the jeep to the Jungle party and boat to Koh Tao because the taxi's are so expensive. This included my friends from different hostels. Only downside is that the water smells so bad. I hated showering in the hostel. Location is okay, you need a cab or scooter to get to the centre (15 min)

Definitely one of the best places to stay for full moon! I am a solo female traveller and I was looking for somewhere with a good social atmosphere. Geoff was the perfect host and helped us with anything we needed. He even organised a day trip for the whole hostel and took us to some amazing beaches I would never have found on my own. For both the Jungle Party and the Full Moon party Geoff organised transport and also got us UV paint for the full moon. Stay here for Full Moon!

The owner is really friendly and active with the guests

Gof, the owner, goes out of his way to make sure you have a good time. Probably the best place to stay at whether your here for the parties or just to relax on the beach. Good facilities and lockers provided

Gof is extremely helpful, friendly and relaxed. Was the only guest because the half moon party was canceled. Was offered to stay elsewhere. Decided to stay. Had dinner with Gof and his gf and we went to a lovely bar and jam session. Comfortable, clean beds. Clean bathroom. Rented a motorcycle through Gof. Great value for you money!

This was the second time I have stayed here. Goff who runs it is the nicest most helpful guy I've met running a hostel. He gets the whole hostel involved in trips that he takes you to himself and gives you any information you need about anything around the island or travelling to other islands. Can't recommend this place enough!

Great hostel, very helpful owner. Away from the madness of Haad Rin but only a short taxi drive away at a maximum of 100 baht each. The hostel organises events every day and every night for you where you can see how beautiful the island is and how there is more to it than just parties. Also has great relations with a hostel next door, Domingos, which is really convenient

I actually didn't stay here, but from the moment I met Goff, the owner, I knew that Baan Kai Hostel is a quality establishment. I arrived in Koh Phangan thinking there would be really good diving there (misinterpreted a recommendation from some friends), but Goff was very understanding and not in the least judgmental about this and kindly told me that Koh Tao is where I should go, while also recommending a couple diving resorts there too. Wish I chilled with him a bit more; next time though!

• 14th Mar 2015

Great place all things considered! Goff is amazingly friendly and brings us all out for outings to see cool places, and even provides paint and transport for the full moon party. Cool guy to hang around. Good place to socialise and meet people as well, with good food just next door.

Great place with a great atmosphere! Would definitely visit again.

Really nice simple hostel which is located away from the noisy party but always accessible with a 100 Baht taxi. As most people have said, the owner Goff is really friendly and nothing is too much to ask from him. The tour of the island he offers is definitely worthwhile if you want to do some exploring during the day. Good, clean hostel with an awesome owner.

We had the best time at this hostel for the full moon party March 2015!! This was due to the amazing owner and the other people we met in the hostel. As it is a small hostel it had a real family atmosphere and we all got to know eachother! The owner goff is so lovely and he really looked after everybody including taking us out on a day trip around Koh phangan which is really worth doing! He is a really great guy with lots of interesting stories to tell! Stay here for the full moon!!

• 2nd Mar 2015