Baan Kai Hostel Reviews

3/9 moo 4, Baankai Road, Koh Phangan, Thailand

The owner Gof is such a nice person. He is very helpful in so many ways. He gave me a lot of tips about the island. They arranged cheap and nice tours with their private jeeps. He gave us free rides with the jeep to the Jungle party and boat to Koh Tao because the taxi's are so expensive. This included my friends from different hostels. Only downside is that the water smells so bad. I hated showering in the hostel. Location is okay, you need a cab or scooter to get to the centre (15 min)

Definitely one of the best places to stay for full moon! I am a solo female traveller and I was looking for somewhere with a good social atmosphere. Geoff was the perfect host and helped us with anything we needed. He even organised a day trip for the whole hostel and took us to some amazing beaches I would never have found on my own. For both the Jungle Party and the Full Moon party Geoff organised transport and also got us UV paint for the full moon. Stay here for Full Moon!

The owner is really friendly and active with the guests

• 30th May 2015

Gof, the owner, goes out of his way to make sure you have a good time. Probably the best place to stay at whether your here for the parties or just to relax on the beach. Good facilities and lockers provided

Gof is extremely helpful, friendly and relaxed. Was the only guest because the half moon party was canceled. Was offered to stay elsewhere. Decided to stay. Had dinner with Gof and his gf and we went to a lovely bar and jam session. Comfortable, clean beds. Clean bathroom. Rented a motorcycle through Gof. Great value for you money!

This was the second time I have stayed here. Goff who runs it is the nicest most helpful guy I've met running a hostel. He gets the whole hostel involved in trips that he takes you to himself and gives you any information you need about anything around the island or travelling to other islands. Can't recommend this place enough!

Great hostel, very helpful owner. Away from the madness of Haad Rin but only a short taxi drive away at a maximum of 100 baht each. The hostel organises events every day and every night for you where you can see how beautiful the island is and how there is more to it than just parties. Also has great relations with a hostel next door, Domingos, which is really convenient

I actually didn't stay here, but from the moment I met Goff, the owner, I knew that Baan Kai Hostel is a quality establishment. I arrived in Koh Phangan thinking there would be really good diving there (misinterpreted a recommendation from some friends), but Goff was very understanding and not in the least judgmental about this and kindly told me that Koh Tao is where I should go, while also recommending a couple diving resorts there too. Wish I chilled with him a bit more; next time though!

• 14th Mar 2015

Great place all things considered! Goff is amazingly friendly and brings us all out for outings to see cool places, and even provides paint and transport for the full moon party. Cool guy to hang around. Good place to socialise and meet people as well, with good food just next door.

Great place with a great atmosphere! Would definitely visit again.

Really nice simple hostel which is located away from the noisy party but always accessible with a 100 Baht taxi. As most people have said, the owner Goff is really friendly and nothing is too much to ask from him. The tour of the island he offers is definitely worthwhile if you want to do some exploring during the day. Good, clean hostel with an awesome owner.

We had the best time at this hostel for the full moon party March 2015!! This was due to the amazing owner and the other people we met in the hostel. As it is a small hostel it had a real family atmosphere and we all got to know eachother! The owner goff is so lovely and he really looked after everybody including taking us out on a day trip around Koh phangan which is really worth doing! He is a really great guy with lots of interesting stories to tell! Stay here for the full moon!!

• 2nd Mar 2015

I loved my time here, couldn't drag myself away. The owner took us for days out and he is a fountain of knowledge for Thailand. Rent scooters and explore the Island. The restaurant next door has the cheapest beer on the island and really good food too. Definately recommend

All dorms end up being mixed so do not book a 6 bed mixed dorm because it has no ac and is more expensive. to get anywhere good on an island you will need transportstion which the owner gladly provides and that will save you a lot of money. there are only 3 bathrooms with a shower inside and a shower room, so if someone is showering or using a sink you can't use a bathroom at the same time. it becomes a big issue in the mornings and evenings. the hostel is very small so you get to know everyone

This was my favorite hostel experience for my entire trip (I stayed in 5+ other hostels in other places). Goff will absolutely ensure that your stay at Baan Kai and in Ko Phangan is spectacular. He asks you what you want to do in the morning, and then gives you everything you need to get it done at the best place. He doesn't ask for any money or get any commissions - he just wants to do everything he can to help you have a good time. The location is also unbeatable. Stay here!

definitely nothing fancy aobut this hostel, but the rooms have very silent A/C and the beds are comfortable. the location is pretty good if u want to avoid spending the night in crazy had rin: a 10 min taxi ride and u'll be back at the hostel. but the real plus of this hostel is dfntly its owner and host: Gof, the coolest, + considerate host u can imagine: he speaks perfect English (and learnt it by himself) and will ALWAYS help u out whatever yr question is. GOF just RULES!