Baan Kamala

8.5
Fabulous 77 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
18th Apr 2017

Clean hostel, fabulous staff!! Aircon was good and patio off the room. I would've preferred to have a female only dorm, but that was not an option. Staying in a room with only two males didn't make me feel very safe due to previous hostel experiences I've had on my trip - but was okay. Music from the bars nearby was quite noisy at night. No blankets, only sheet. Large lockers and decent wifi. Beach was only 5min walk away and there are plenty of restaurants and 7/11 close by.

21st Mar 2017

I stayed several nights and enjoyed it. It's relatively quiet, very very clean (sheets changed every day!) and in a really good location in the center of Kamala. The staff is amazing. I would really recommend a AC room (I don't know how to specifically book one but I asked for it and the upgraded me for no additional charge - super low season). Overall a good stay.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
19th Feb 2017
3.7

They claim to be 20 minutes away from the airport, THEY ARE NOT. They are at least an hour away. When I spoke to the manager and explained I only booked there because of this and that it's false advertising, he said "yes" and awkwardly laughed. Had to be picked up at 3 am for my flight and didn't arrive there until 8pm. No discount or solution was offered.

We're apologize for mistake old information now we are update the airport distance already. So we offer you free backpacker bed one night for this mistake next time please contact us early. our taxi is pickup your from our hotel to airport on 3 am by your order. But for airline flight delayed is out of our control and sorry to know that.

• fernandolopezmail3905
  • Spain, Male, 31-40
17th Jan 2017

Lovely people at recepction. Clean, quiet and excellent place for stay. Good connections with the rest of the island. I will be back 4 sure.

Thanks for your valued comment. see u soon

10th Jan 2017
6.9

Pros: close to beach, clean, big lockers (outside the room), good wifi but login each time Cons: beds are hard as a rock, no single sex dorms, 3 floors w stairs, get a room with AC! The town is very small and touristy. Good for quiet time. Go to the beach and eat at casual restaurants. Phuket is expensive. This place is NOT.

Thanks for your valued comment we had more type of room by budget. please let us know you like soften mattress before to you coming back to stay with us again.

31st Dec 2016

Good. Lots of stairs, be warned. Very clean. Not too bad a walk from the main walking street. They didn't bother me but the bar-girl hookers cat-calling next door kept my lady up all night. So I imagine being closer would have been much worse.

Thanks for your review please come back in low season for cheaper on Apr. or Nov. that still hot season in Thailand not too much guest and more privacy

11th Dec 2016

Really likes this place as it wasn't Patong. Nice bars all around, quieter area and an amazing restaurant downstairs. Staff was incredibly helpful, had a taxi for us waiting at 645 am and reasonably priced. Privacy curtains were really nice that covered the whole bunk not just my bed. Nice balcony to smoke or enjoy the scenery from and beach was 5-10 mins walk.

Thanks wish us to see & service you again.