Baan Kamala Reviews

74/44 Moo.3 Kamala, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand

Baan Kamala had everything you needed in a hostel! The staff were friendly and helpful, particularly Han who sat with us in the evenings and played Jenga and told us all about his travels in Thailand. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm (made up of 3 x bunk beds). There was a curtain that went round each set of bunk beds for privacy, and a locker outside the room (which the hostel provided a lock and key for). The bathrooms and powerful, hot showers, and were very clean! Would recommend & stay here again!

Four of us arrived with a very late check in and were greeted kindly with a refreshing complimentary lemongrass drink. The staff was all very kind and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were overall very clean and nice. The beach was about a 10-15 minute away which wasn't bad at all considering the surrounding restaurants and shops. In a pinch I would stay there again, but the price was a little high for a shared room (especially compared to other hotels and hostels in the area).

I had an overall very pleasant stay at Baan Kamala. It isn't a particularly backpacker town, so finding other backpackers was challenging. However the staff were excellent and friendly, and the rooms were kept quite clean.

This place was not bad for the cost. It's very close to walk to the beach but not much else really going on. It may be that I was there during the low season as for not many guest but I can't see too much even if it was high season. The staff was helpful and I enjoyed my stay of 3 days. No breakfast or towels. The Wifi also was very choppy going in and out

Baan Kamala was absolutely lovely place to stay. The receptionist was really really nice. She let us check in early and also store our luggage late the next day. Great service. She gave us drinks upon check in. Let us play board games after we checked out, phoned a taxi for us, let us print boarding passes and gave us local recommendations. All in all a lovely place. Only negative is the very unfriendly staff in the restaurant next door and the food quality there. That was something to avoid

• 26th Aug 2015