@Baan Khun Hostel (Formerly @Baan Kunt Tour & Host Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The people at this hostel have no respect for anyone! Rude, constantly turning on the lights while trying to sleep, talking in the room at 2 in the morning like it was a social gathering! Nobody was friendly, mostly big groups... If you are traveling solo I wouldn't stay here..

Friendly staff and good location. There's no lock to use for locker in female dorm, so I have to bought one myself. It'd be cool if they offer a rent for lock. Good thing is that it's cheap to buy one at Family Mart. Overall, it's good place to stay.

One of the best places I've stayed in. Purely for the amazing staff who do anything for you

This hostel is definitely one of my favourites ... Rooms are a good size with air con, bathrooms etc always clean, nice common area to chill in, you get a free breakfast whenever you book one of the tours! And they're always handing out free bananas, teas, coffees etc :) good rooftop to sit bad socialise too ... Would definitely recommend staying here!

Great hostel. The lady who books the tours is amazing and so very thoughtful! Also great location and a lot of travellers go there. Only thing I would suggest is have a little bar area downstairs other than beer and maybe organise some activities in the night like pub crawl so travellers can meet eachother!

The only hostel I've stayed in so far on my travels with my friends that we all felt compelled to review. Our stay wasn't like being in a hostel, due to the kindness and wonderful generosity of the staff it felt like a bit of home for just a few days. Facilities were perfectly adequate for the 5 nights all 5 of us stayed and the extras of free tea and coffee and bananas all day was an unexpected perk! Excellent location, nothing was far out of reach and very social environment. Loved it here !

• 15th Sep 2014

Nice laid back place. Common area downstairs made it very easy to meet people. Room and bathroom were average, but the staff and "Mama" were super nice! She would always make sure to give you water before you were off an a day trip or made sure you had breakfast before you leave (for free sometimes). Booking tours through them was also super easy. Thanks Mama!

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! Being a solo traveller, it was incredibly easy to meet people in the common areas. The location was also great, only ten minutes walk to Old City. I was impressed with how clean they kept everything. Also, the staff was super friendly and make it easy to book anything.

Great stay! Stayed two nights, staff were very helpful. Went trekking and when i came back they let me shower and hang around until my flight that night even though i wasnt staying that night. They then gave me a moped ride to the airport instead of paying too much for a taxi. Great place.

• 7th Sep 2014

Stayed here 4 nights and loved it. The staff were really friendly, they booked all our activities for the best price (we compared with lots of travel places) and provided tea and biscuits all the time. The people were really friendly here too. You couldn't get wifi in the room but the common areas had it and were really comfy. A 5/10 min walk from the very centre and the night food markets, less that 5 mins from bars and restaurants. Comfy beds. Clean loos on every floor.

hostel is amazing,staff is so helpful and friendly.they are really welcoming, they make you feel comfortable as soon as you arrive.you get a free bottle of water,banana,tea and coffee free all day.breakfast to order for really cheap.one of the lady makes thai small bags on get you one for free when you arrive!!!!!!nice hang out area on 2nd floor,so comfy with all those cushion.amazing place

Great hostel, atmosphere and facilities

The first hostel to compel me to write a review. Perfect for solo travellers, great sociable atmosphere and mamq was the best. She was always smiley and handing out free stuff. The trek we booked through the hostel was also fantastic.

• 28th Aug 2014

Best thing is the location. Close to the night bazaar and to the main streets for bars, restaurants, Sunday market etc. Would happily stay again!

The staffs were so friendly. The floor of the room was not so clean. Anyway, it's a nice choice for alone travelers because you can make lots of friends here.

Great hostel. The staff are ridiculously friendly. Always helping us to organise things. Giving us free water and food and lifts just to be nice! Rooms are standard hostel rooms , clean and with air con. Good location. No doubt I'd stay here again

Nice hot showers, great food -the French toast especially! - good rooms, location is also great location, justoutside the old town.

Stayed here for one night before catching a flight so wasn't too fussed about accommodation/meeting people (travelling solo) but almost wish I could have stayed longer - met people within the first few minutes of arriving and went out as a group that evening. Nice vibe, good location near night market, decent chill out area and rooftop, tour desk at the front. Helpful staff - waited and flagged down a taxi to the airport for me, also got a delicious meal. Very pleasant stay!

We'be book 3 beds in a 6 bedroom, and our beds had someone staying already there. We were given 3 begs in a larger 8 bedroom (cheaper price) but we still payed the 6 bedroom price. The bathrooms were always very very messy.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Great hostel, staff are really friendly. Would highly recommend

• 8th Aug 2014