@Baan Khun Hostel (Formerly @Baan Kunt Tour & Host Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The best thing about this hostel is the staff. They are always really friendly and helpful. If your staying here and booking an elephant trek I reccomend woodys elephant home - you get a full 5 hours with the elephants!

Staff is lovely and super funny! Chill-out area with movies is fantastic and all the facilities are very good.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

The hostel makes a lot of its money from tours which it pushes heavily. I stayed one night and got no sleep due to being allergic to something in the room (symptoms like hayfever), but others staying seemed ok. The rooms were hot. Rooms had lockers and towels could be rented for a 100baht deposit. I couldn't get hot water from any showers (shower fixings all were broken as well). Location is near many bars and about 5 minute walk from entrance to old city.

This hostel would have been good if the bathrooms were cleaner and I didn't get bed bugs.

Good location to markets and bars. Decent beds. To me it felt a bit sterile and hard to interact there.

Stayed in this hostel twice. The people that work there are so sweet and mama is just the best person ever. They offer great tours as well (go to the Elephant Sanctuary!!) and it's a great place to meet people. They could use a little more showers but I never had to wait long. There's no WiFi in the rooms which is not really a problem cause everyone just hangs out in the common areas and that's part what makes this hostel such a social place.

Fine hostel close to the old city. No lock on doors, so pretty bad security I think. Way too few showers, only 3 for the entire hostel! And also: bed bugs. That really sucks.

Hey Christina, thank you for your honest feedback. We are currently steam cleaning the rooms on a daily basis so that bed bugs are not a problem. Also, as of today 11/12/2014 we are introducing a key deposit system so that each guest will have their own key for their dorm rooms to help people feel more secure during their stay. Your feedback helps us to improve our service and offer the best possible experience for our guests. We hope you will visit us again with thanks the Baan Khun family

Most of the staff are crazy, but mama is the sweetest person you will ever meet and this guarantees a great atmosphere. Because of the tours that you can book through the hostel, a lot of the backpackers in Baan Khun know each other and is so easy to meet people. It's very close to Ta Pae Gate and to the night market, so everything you need is close by.

• 27th Nov 2014

Great hostel with real Thai authenticity. The place is a lovely teak house with dorms over many floors. The tour desk lady was very helpful as we all other staff. Only thing that brought it down in my opinion was lack of room keys which meant less security to a certain extent but also that room doors were left ajar letting the mosquitos in - I got many bites! There are too few wash facilities at peak times also. Otherwise a great place to explore Chiang Mai from.

Great place to stay :) really helpful with booking tours! Thank you

when me and my friends were there for a week, the shower heater wasnt working on the 3rd floor, when showering the water coming out of the shower head is worst den a running tap water. The bed frames were dusty.

Great place to discover Chiang Mai. It's a typical backpacker hostel with lots of other travelers and very friendly and helpful staff.

Lovely, friendly, helpful staff. Good location to see the sites in Chiang Mai.

Would stay here again and recommend it to others. stayed in 8bed female dorm, clean and tidy. nice hostel atmosphere and large communal areas to mingle if your single! staff are great, free hot drinks all day. perfect

AIr con and fan in rooms, nice common area. Small lockers for valuable, but need own lock. Bathrooms could use a bit more regular cleaning, but expected in a hostel with bunch of people using. Not super secure, but good enough. I would stay here again, mainly for its location and sociability.

Is not really security, everyone can go inside your room because you don´t have your own key for the room and after 1 am don´t have anyone at the front desk to security who get in into the hostel.

Need to bring your own locks and the lockers are only small. Only one shower/bathroom for entire floor which can mean queuing up to use it. But great location (just a short walk to the night market and the walled city), helpful staff, and clean/nice environment

Lovely hostel, great location, staff really helpful and nice

I Enjoyed my stay at baan kunt!! The staff are fun and friendly and they also helped me arrange my flights out of chiang mai! They also have a desk for organising activities and you get picked up and dropped off!! The other backpackers who stay are also so much fun!

Its an okay hostel, have a couple really good backpacker staffers. Do not wear socks on the stairs, and just be careful 5 people fell down them...hard. Also skip the breakfast, very chill place

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6