@Baan Khun Hostel (Formerly @Baan Kunt Tour & Host Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Best thing is the location. Close to the night bazaar and to the main streets for bars, restaurants, Sunday market etc. Would happily stay again!

Nice hot showers, great food -the French toast especially! - good rooms, location is also great location, justoutside the old town.

Stayed here for one night before catching a flight so wasn't too fussed about accommodation/meeting people (travelling solo) but almost wish I could have stayed longer - met people within the first few minutes of arriving and went out as a group that evening. Nice vibe, good location near night market, decent chill out area and rooftop, tour desk at the front. Helpful staff - waited and flagged down a taxi to the airport for me, also got a delicious meal. Very pleasant stay!

We'be book 3 beds in a 6 bedroom, and our beds had someone staying already there. We were given 3 begs in a larger 8 bedroom (cheaper price) but we still payed the 6 bedroom price. The bathrooms were always very very messy.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Great hostel, staff are really friendly. Would highly recommend

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

I had very good time there at Bann Kuhn hostel.I love the authentic Northern Thai style,the relaxing atmosphere,and you gotta meet lots of travellers there... The staffs there were always so lovely and helped me with everything.... Great breakfast and reasonable price. I would highly recommend it to my friends and other travellers. Fantastic.Would like it stay there again if I go to ChiangMai!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • China

One shower for 2 dorms, although luckily I never had to wait to use it. Good common area upstairs and free bananas and tea/coffee :)

One of the all round best hostels I stayed in for so many reasons. First and foremost the staff treat you like family and nothing is too much. It's the small things, for example mamma dropped me off at thai boxing in her own car because I was concerned about going alone at night. The food is lovely and you get a free meal when you book a tour, there is also complimentary tea/coffee and bananas, win! They offer great tours, I went on the Elephant rescue half day tour. I would stay here again.

• 4th Aug 2014

I loved this hostel, Mama, Rambo were all very helpful throughout our stay. Mama got everyone free Pad Thai one of the nights we were there and was always so generous. We went to an elephant sanctuary that the hostels family along with others have recently set up and that was amazing! Only downside is we had a girl bring a guy back to our dorm, which was horrific. Not the hostels fault though!

The hostel is located at the centre of the city where its walking distance to the famous Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang. They offers free wifi and breakfast and of course the lovely and helpful staff. I strongly recommend to book your tour through mamma where she offer a wide range of activities that you will never feel bored in Chiangmai. If you are a fans of elephant sanctuary, you shall join the tour offered by mamma where you could shower, play and feed the three adorable elephants.

Nice and good hostel

The only thing that we missed on our stay there was, the wifi off when we are in the bed room. While, you know, when traveling, sometimes you only able to check your emails or talk with your love ones through a simple chat while you are not busy walking or enjoying your trip outside the hostel. After all, its a nice place to stay and LIKE the mom and daughter who run the place.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

Great staff and well located

• 1st Aug 2014

Brilliant hostel. Hosts are an extremely helpful and will book you tours, transport. Hosts provide free tea, coffee, fruit and you get a free breakfast if you book tours through host family. Brilliant social space and good atmosphere.

Wonderful atmosphere in this hostel, all backpackers looking meet similar minded people travelling thailand. Everything you could want is in walking distance from the hostel, clubs are just a 10min tuktuk away. Great value for money, shared a 6 person dorm which had more than enough space. Lovely common area with wifi for meeting people and chilling out. Doors don't lock in the rooms, but our bags were safe in the security room for a number of days while we did a jungle trek. Definitel recommend

Great hostel & kind staff & free snacks. Only downfall was that I was in the 10 bed dorm and the girl and guy in the room told me they got bit by bedbugs. I didn't want to believe them but I did get bites all over my ankles :(

We so sorry for hear that! We apologize for this this happens up. We had already cleaned room (Big Cleaning). Thank you for tell us and sorry again for this happen.

This is a hostel full of backpackers from all over the world. It provide free fruits, free coffee & tea. If you purchase a tour from them, they give free breakfast. The owner Mama is a super nice, funny and helpful lady. The night market is within walking distance from the hostel. The only improvement the hostel need to make is their cleanliness.

Location is very good, just outside city wall & close to markets. It was clean and well-maintained. The main positive of this place was the social space, which made it really easy to meet people and have fun. The staff are very friendly and helpful with booking trips. If you book a trip you get lots of free food too, which is always good, plus free tea/coffee/bananas whenever you need a little perk. Excellent value for money and would definitely stay again!

The staff was the best! Nice atmosphere with cool people and great location.

Great hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful, in particular the lady (Mama) is super nice and she does all her best to make you feel at home. You can buy tours and travel tickets directly from them and if you buy a tour you get free breakfast. Free coffee/tea and fruit is always available for guest. Definitely recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5