@Baan Khun Hostel (Formerly @Baan Kunt Tour & Host Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great stay! Stayed two nights, staff were very helpful. Went trekking and when i came back they let me shower and hang around until my flight that night even though i wasnt staying that night. They then gave me a moped ride to the airport instead of paying too much for a taxi. Great place.

• 7th Sep 2014

hostel is amazing,staff is so helpful and friendly.they are really welcoming, they make you feel comfortable as soon as you arrive.you get a free bottle of water,banana,tea and coffee free all day.breakfast to order for really cheap.one of the lady makes thai small bags on get you one for free when you arrive!!!!!!nice hang out area on 2nd floor,so comfy with all those cushion.amazing place

The first hostel to compel me to write a review. Perfect for solo travellers, great sociable atmosphere and mamq was the best. She was always smiley and handing out free stuff. The trek we booked through the hostel was also fantastic.

• 28th Aug 2014

Best thing is the location. Close to the night bazaar and to the main streets for bars, restaurants, Sunday market etc. Would happily stay again!

The staffs were so friendly. The floor of the room was not so clean. Anyway, it's a nice choice for alone travelers because you can make lots of friends here.

Nice hot showers, great food -the French toast especially! - good rooms, location is also great location, justoutside the old town.

Stayed here for one night before catching a flight so wasn't too fussed about accommodation/meeting people (travelling solo) but almost wish I could have stayed longer - met people within the first few minutes of arriving and went out as a group that evening. Nice vibe, good location near night market, decent chill out area and rooftop, tour desk at the front. Helpful staff - waited and flagged down a taxi to the airport for me, also got a delicious meal. Very pleasant stay!

We'be book 3 beds in a 6 bedroom, and our beds had someone staying already there. We were given 3 begs in a larger 8 bedroom (cheaper price) but we still payed the 6 bedroom price. The bathrooms were always very very messy.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Great hostel, staff are really friendly. Would highly recommend

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Great for a solo traveler. No wifi in rooms so everyone hangs in the communal area. Free coffee. Buy beers and food in reception. Bathrooms very dirty. I would happily stay there again.

I had very good time there at Bann Kuhn hostel.I love the authentic Northern Thai style,the relaxing atmosphere,and you gotta meet lots of travellers there... The staffs there were always so lovely and helped me with everything.... Great breakfast and reasonable price. I would highly recommend it to my friends and other travellers. Fantastic.Would like it stay there again if I go to ChiangMai!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • China

One shower for 2 dorms, although luckily I never had to wait to use it. Good common area upstairs and free bananas and tea/coffee :)

One of the all round best hostels I stayed in for so many reasons. First and foremost the staff treat you like family and nothing is too much. It's the small things, for example mamma dropped me off at thai boxing in her own car because I was concerned about going alone at night. The food is lovely and you get a free meal when you book a tour, there is also complimentary tea/coffee and bananas, win! They offer great tours, I went on the Elephant rescue half day tour. I would stay here again.

• 4th Aug 2014

I loved this hostel, Mama, Rambo were all very helpful throughout our stay. Mama got everyone free Pad Thai one of the nights we were there and was always so generous. We went to an elephant sanctuary that the hostels family along with others have recently set up and that was amazing! Only downside is we had a girl bring a guy back to our dorm, which was horrific. Not the hostels fault though!

The hostel is located at the centre of the city where its walking distance to the famous Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang. They offers free wifi and breakfast and of course the lovely and helpful staff. I strongly recommend to book your tour through mamma where she offer a wide range of activities that you will never feel bored in Chiangmai. If you are a fans of elephant sanctuary, you shall join the tour offered by mamma where you could shower, play and feed the three adorable elephants.

Nice and good hostel

The only thing that we missed on our stay there was, the wifi off when we are in the bed room. While, you know, when traveling, sometimes you only able to check your emails or talk with your love ones through a simple chat while you are not busy walking or enjoying your trip outside the hostel. After all, its a nice place to stay and LIKE the mom and daughter who run the place.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

Great staff and well located

• 1st Aug 2014

Brilliant hostel. Hosts are an extremely helpful and will book you tours, transport. Hosts provide free tea, coffee, fruit and you get a free breakfast if you book tours through host family. Brilliant social space and good atmosphere.

Wonderful atmosphere in this hostel, all backpackers looking meet similar minded people travelling thailand. Everything you could want is in walking distance from the hostel, clubs are just a 10min tuktuk away. Great value for money, shared a 6 person dorm which had more than enough space. Lovely common area with wifi for meeting people and chilling out. Doors don't lock in the rooms, but our bags were safe in the security room for a number of days while we did a jungle trek. Definitel recommend

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5