@Baan Khun Hostel (Formerly @Baan Kunt Tour & Host Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The ladies who work downstairs in the tour office are amazing and will help organise trips and buses etc 2 minute walk from the gate and on the road the hostel is situated on there are plenty of places to eat. Good wifi Chilled hostel I really liked it

Stayed one night on arrival in Chiang Mai, hostel is an easy walk to the old town square area. Great if you're here for the Sunday market. Beds were changed daily, even if you weren't checking out. Bathrooms are slightly limited, one shower on each floor and 2 toilets. Not a bad stay at all, but nothing amazing. Travel desk is really helpful.

A really cool place, very helpful and welcoming. Free bananas and tea and coffee, comfortable area to chill, perfect location on a busting street. Would recommend :)

Very good hostel, would recommend! The staff make you feel at home instantly and so helpful, even if you want to book a tour with another company they are fine with that and assist you. Excellent location, visit the night market and the Rooftop bar, both are less than 5 minutes walking distance. Free tea coffee and bananas at all times, and the atmosphere is so relaxed and friendly. One of the best hostels by a long stretch during my stay in Thailand!!

• 22nd Jan 2015

A great value and nice staff. Most of the guests are respectful and cool, some not, like any hostel. Perfect location in Chiang Mai.

This hostel is mostly a tour agency. When you walk the in the entryway you will see many thai women busily working on 4 desks with papers spread everywhere. Not a good atmosphere at all. All lock boxes in our room were broken except for one. Shower and toilets were fine. The staff helped me set up an amazing day excursion, though I suspect we were overcharged. They also helped me set up a slow boat into Laos but it was a very impersonal and rushed experience. Not a bad hostel but far from good.

The hostel has an awesome atmosphere. Very nicely decorated and with great people from all over to talk to. The lady at the front desk literally became our second mom. It was my friend's birthday for one of the days we were staying and they got her cake and some beer for us to celebrate. On the last day of the trip, I became really ill and without me even asking she gave me some medicine for the pain. She's amazing! The only negative thing is that sometimes they double book beds.

• 18th Jan 2015

All was pretty good, but a little mess the organization

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Nice quiet place about 3 min walk away from the main downtown.

One of the most social hostels I've ever stayed in. Everything is clean and the staff is overwhelmingly helpful and nice.

The staff was super friendly

Would stay there again. The rooms are nice and there is a rooftop patio and a lounge with cushion and table to chill at. Also, their laundry service is quick and efficient!

We were thrilled when they let us in at 4am when checkin wasnt til 1pm and were able to get some zzz's in the lounge area. Staff were helpful with booking transport and tours and kept giving us free food! Only downfall were the bathrooms, not that many and not particularly functional ... eg clothes getting wet. But honestly overall we were very happy there

The total lack of security is shocking. The doorman was drunk and later disappeared. Some rooms have lockers, but too few, and some don't have any. There are room keys but the door locks are broken. The staff overcharged me for beer, those asses. I highly recommend going elsewhere. But it is cheap.

Great location just outside Tae Pae gate. The staff is pretty helpful. I like the bldg. I only had to wait for a shower once & then only a few min. I would give it all 5 stars except for security. No controlled access to property but the dorms now have locking doors, if your dorm mates remember to lock the door. Lockers are small - some will hold a small bag, some only valuables. The luggage room for early arrivals is unsecured & unmonitored. That said, I didn't have any issues.

Great location and met lots of cool people there! Only 1 showers/2 bathrooms per floor or 16 beds but it all got figured out. Additionally, not very much security for belongings. There was one medium sized locker but nothing for backpack.

This hostel has a great location close to the old city center, the staff are friendly, you can book any type of trip or tour directly through the hostel staff, and they even have complimentary tea and bananas for breakfast. The downside is that there is only 1 bathroom per floor (12 people) so in the evenings there can be a line to use the showers.

This was the best hostel to which I've ever been! Accommodation was nice, staff was friendly and knowledgable, very nice atmosphere. 10/10 would go again

• 27th Dec 2014

Good possibility to meet people without the urge to start drinking so much. You can organise all sorts of activities here with the staff. Dorm was originally not ment to be a dorm. 4 lights are over every top bed and you don't have your own socket. Too bad! Hostel itself is in walking distance to the main temples in down town and night market. Walk from bus /train station is also very easy.

I had a great time here, met a lot of new friends and the staff was very helpful with any questions and booking day trips. Great location, easy walking distance to many places. Thanks for a great time!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5