@Baan Khun Hostel (Formerly @Baan Kunt Tour & Host Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

I couldn't recommend staying at this hostel more. Mama and the rest of the staff were very welcoming and useful for advice, with no extra charges for bus fares to pai etc. the rooms were well air conditioned and it was lovely to receive free gifts in the morning before we left for the day!

This was a great hostel. The staff took such good care of me like I was family. They even put after bite cream on my mosquito bites and insisted I take free water and snacks. Highly recommend this place!

This was my favourite hostel in Thailand. The location and atmosphere are great, and the staff are so welcoming and friendly. The owner made us dinner one night and gave us free snacks. She even drove us to the airport and bought us donuts on the way! They were also very helpful with booking day trips and letting us use their printer for plane tickets. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone traveling in Chiang Mai.

• 18th Jul 2014

Cheap clean place close to everything. Very nice patrons who would bend over backwards to give you a hand. I would stay there again in a heart beat!

• 15th Jul 2014

This seriously was the best hostel I've ever been to. Thanks to the owner Mama and her family, every guest feels at home from the very first moment. Thank you for an amazing time Mama!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

This is the best hostel I've stayed at in all of Southeast Asia. Great location (we walked to/from train station, only took 20 minutes. Also close to night bazaar), beautiful decor, and the friendliest staff ever. The wifi works great, the rooms are nice and cool, towels and blanket are included, free bananas 24/7, and a decently priced (and delicious) breakfast menu. Stay here if you are planning on staying in Chiang Mai. Just do it.

• 10th Jul 2014

the staff and the value for the money are excellent

• 10th Jul 2014

This hostel was amazing! The owner was the nicest person I have had the pleasure to meet. She had water for us all the time and food for us to try:) Our rooms were clean and comfortable and i felt right at home there. The people who stayed there were just as kind and friendly and the hang out area was perfect for us all to stop and chat and to meet new people.

• Thailand

The hostel is in a great location, the social area is not as big as it looks on the pictures and the staff didn't like that we had not booked our tours through them.

Lovely place with very nice staff! Great location and lots of freebies!

was a good atmosphere hostel, staff were sooo nice. you have many options to do with them. You have coffe, tea, bananas all the time, even some fried things for breakfast. Was clean even if we had shared bathroom! Bed was too old and making noise every time you move.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

I really loved staying here. The staff were really lovely and always up for a chat. This was a very social hostel which was probably due to the wifi not being available in dorms which forced people to talk about themselves and Thailand which I thought was a good thing. It doesn't matter that this hostel has no facilities as it's a hostel and offers plenty of activities to do in Thailand.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Such a lovely homely vibe here, the owners really made my stay. It was incredibly clean and organised and the owners were extremely helpful when it came to booking tours. and you get free breakfast when you book with them. definitely the place to stay in chiang mai

This is the place to stay !! The hostels are average, but the atmosphere is great, food is good and location is pretty good, 15 min walk to the Sunday market and about five minutes to the satirday night market . The best part about this hostel is the kind hearted owner Mama. She's always giving discounts , free rides, free food. She's so precious and cute ! Everyone loves her :)

Helpful staff

• 14th Jun 2014

Such a lovely place, the staff were amazing and made us feel really at home! The Mum actually made us free food if we were in the communal area, laundry service was mediocre, some stuff came back wet/damp. Our door lock was also tempremental, and the bathrooms could do with updating! However we had such a lovely time, and met some wonderful people!

We really loved this hostel. Staff are so sweet, friendly and helpful. Stayed in a private room which was clean with air on and a fan for a reasonable price. The wifi didn't work in the room for me but I didn't really expect it to. There was a really nice common area with cute floor cushions (wifi worked well there!). Location was good, only a short walk to restaurants and temples - if you can stand the midday heat! Would definitely recommend this guesthouse to anyone :)

The staff was amazing. Everyone calls the lady in charge momma because she's always trying to feed you and give you water and take care of you. I would absolutely go back to this hostel. Clean, friendly and the best event booking. She also gave me 3 free handmade bags and handmade envelopes. Love my stay!

• 2nd Jun 2014

The place was my home away from home for what become a month in Chiang Mai. The staff here are amazing and mother is like the hostel mama for real. I loved the location with touristy markets etc to the west and chinatown which is locals yet still touristy to the east. The stay comes with tons of freebies Inc food

This hostel exceeded every expectation! Mamma and her family treated us like family. I have never stayed at a hostel that did so much for their guests. We enjoyed our stay so much that we ended up staying there again on our way to the islands! Highly recommended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5