Baan Klang Vieng Hostel Reviews

127/1 Moon Muang road, Soi 5, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The staff here was amazing! I don't speak Thai and they were able to help me navigate my short trip to Chiang Mai. Very friendly people and the room was rather large (though the bed wasn't the softest). Overall the place was on the small side and seemed more like a B

• 16th Mar 2015

Watch out: EXTREMELY HARD BED MATTRESS. yes, it felt like the mattress was actually harder than the floor. i woke up in the morning with back pains. find another place..

• 8th Mar 2015

The lady who works here is very helpful and very sweet. She helped us book our activities and gave us ideas and recommendations on what to do. My only complaint about the room was the bathroom. The shower was on top of the toilet which I really don't like and the water pressure was so low it would have been impossible to wash my hair. Besides that, the place was really great. It is located a short walk away from the weekend markets and other activities.

One of the cleanest places that we have stayed in Thailand. Very nice owner, really helpful.

Great place to stay if you want a little time to yourself or you're with friends (no dorms and no common room). Very convenient location near Thapae Gate, very friendly and helpful owner and extremely clean!

• 15th Feb 2015

Great hostel! The staff was super friendly and helpful. Showed up very late at night when our flight got delayed and they were still waiting for us. We had a "Standard Double Bed Private Ensuite" and the bed was soo comfortable and giant! The room was also very big and nicely decorated. Would love to return here.

Great location and friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again!

Manager is a lady who will take care of your travel needs (book tours, taxi). She has a daughter and two cats. Location is very good, right next to two cheap massage places, a street next to party district, and close enough to new town (a bit of a walk to night market, but doable). Room basic, Wi-Fi is good, there is hot water, but I don't think I used it right. Pretty clean.

We are 4 travelers in our mid twenties traveling around the world. This hostel is more of a boutique hotel. The host is a doll; she is so sweet, helpful, and accommodating. The hostel itself is impeccably clean! I'm a clean freak and I was blown away by just how clean it everything is! The decor is simple- dark bamboo floors, large windows with screens (no mosquitos!), and white bedding (so cozy)! WIFI is the best we've had in all of Thailand! Location couldn't be more perfect! Stay here!!!

Great guesthouse. It's a perfect location in the old city. The owner is also very friendly and the rooms and common areas are clean and cute - it's a very bed and breakfast feel without the breakfast. It's also close to Angel's Secret which is an amazing restaurant for breakfast or lunch. Not a social place but great if you're traveling with other people.

Good service. Excellent staff. Clean, safe, good price and good location. Excellent tpur recommendation and prices.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Ecuador

Fantastic! We loved it here. This is a beautiful guesthouse and our hosts were very lovely. Thanks for a great holiday!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Best hostel in chiang mai, rooms are exceptional, big, clean with exceptional facidlities. The lady who owns it is amazing, especially if you are in chiang mai to visit an elephant sanctuary or go on a cooking course. firstly she will give you the best price possible and also the whole fee will go to the elephant sanctury or cooking course compare to the tour guides on the street who take commission. Location is excellent too, walking distance of most of the cities main attractions, Recommend.

• 1st Jan 2015

Very convenient location close to Thapae Gate. (Slightly to the north of the hostel at Moon Muang Road Lane 6, you can find a local market and some nice and cheap restaurants.) I had a room on the upper floor and slept well without any problem with noise (though you may bring your earplugs just in case). The room was clean and it was good value for the money. They did my laundry for a cheap price and the clothes were all folded nicely. Just no complaint and would go back if I visit CM again.

Great value for money and very friendly staff .

This is a great "hostel" (more like a hotel). Great location in Old Town and really close to the Night Market as well. The rooms are kept VERY clean. Only downside: there isn't a great common room, so this is not the best place to meet other travelers.

• 19th Nov 2014

Very quiet hostel, although it is more like a hotel. My only complaint is the bed. I know it's Asia and beds typically suck, but the bed I had here was absolutely horrendous. Other than that, it was a great, quiet stay.

Very friendly staff, willing to help out with problems/ordering taxi etc. All in all a pleasant stay, good location for walking around in the old part of town, other facilities such as brunch and restaurants are also close by. Big spacious room with en-suite bathroom, which was really nice! Much bigger than I had expected.

we had a lovely time staying here! In walking distance to Major Sightseeing Spots. Very clean, it was more like an Hotel than an Hostel:) Unfortunately there was no Common room and no breakfast - but really cute cafés in walking distance:)

• 23rd Aug 2014

It was such a wonderful stay at the Baan Klang Vieng! Nice, comfortable and clean rooms. A 15 min walk to the nightmarket and 5-10 min to other Public places. The Guesthouse "mom" is realy welcoming and helpful, she recomended and booked us a thai cooking class on a farm which was a awesome adventure. We would always stay there again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5