Baan Klang Vieng Hostel Reviews

127/1 Moon Muang road, Soi 5, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Very nice Hostel in boutique style. Good food nearby. Massage shop next door!

Great location and staff, very clean and great value for the money.

They gave our room (and reservation) away to other people one hour before we arrived. The ones that took our room just told them it was their name on the list. The hostel didn't even check their passports to see if it was true. That made me very mad. Also because it was during the Loy Kratong festival and we had booked this hostel ahead, because fiding something during the festival would be a hard job. The lady from the hostel didn't speak English and made no effort to solve this problem.

It'a simple nice hostel... don't expect much.

good quality room, great part of town. lacks atmosphere, and communal areas. more of a budget hotel.

Extremely clean and well-maintained. However, I did find it a struggle to communicate with the people who run it as they don't speak much English and I don't speak much Thai!

I am satisfied with Baan Klang Vieng. I was impressed by how clear and convenient this hostel is. I would recommend it to the people who will be traveling to Chiang Mai with no doubts.

• 20th Oct 2013
  • China

I haven't traveled all that much in hostels, but this place isn't like a traditional hostel as far as I can tell. There really didn't appear to be a lot of people hanging around in the common area, which isn't that big. One reason for this is probably that the rooms, at least our room, was massive, had a kitchen and was spotless. So this place is very clean and close to food and shopping but doesn't have the feel of a traditional hostel with a lot of fellow travelers to mingle with and get tips.

• 14th Oct 2013

If you arrive late in the evening, there's no way to check in. There's no atmosphere since there wasn't really a common area as far as I could tell.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The owner was very helpful in arranging cooking classes and transportation and her English skills were very good and much appreciated. Exceptionally clean, quiet, safe, and very well located for restaurants, services and fun. Right close to the main city gate and right next door is a great massage place, and around the corner about 100 steps away is a very good scooter rental place. Loved this hostel and highly recommend it.

This hostel gives you the feeling of beeing home from the first minute on. The house is clean and funished nicely. The staff was very helpful with giving Information about trips.

The location was excellent which is just 1 minutes away from that old town gate. Also, there was a massage just next door, they provided great service on massage. This hostel doesn't provide towl etc or change sheets, but a bottle of water everyday. Only the lady owner knows a bit English, not the husband. non-air-condition room is very local (furniture and room size), will suggest air-condition room. Will stay here again, if come to Chiang Mai in the future.

Best hostel I ever stayed at. It was unbelievably clean. The floors were sparkling. The owner and her daughter are also the cutest people. She is very helpful and really cares for you when you stay with you. Also a great location right the old city.

• 9th Aug 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. Central, easy to find. Helped us book all our tours. Lovely family running the hostel, always there to help. Nice places to eat near by and very close to nightlife/ bars. Would definitely stay here again if I was in Chiang Mai.

Amazing hostel.. Those is the second time I have stayed there in three trips to chaing mai. The staff is amazing and it is the cleanest hostel I javelin ever stayed in. Right inside the city wall and by all the action but in a quiet little nook with an awesome little garden patio area. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 15th May 2013

Fantastic value! Ideal location in old town, walking distance to everything. Owner is SUPER nice and helpful, we booked an elephant tour with her at a discount. The room felt secure, especially with the owner’s family living in the building, but no safe (I just padlocked the closet door). Our double ensuite room was immaculately clean and spacious, though this meant it took a while for the AC. We could have used more towels because of the Euro style shower. Great for any type of traveler!

My double room was a decent size and incredibly clean. The ensuite bathroom was spotless and Hot water and A/C were running ok. I even had TV, desk and wardrobe. It really didn't feel like being in a hostel. Location was great, just off the main road and a 5mins walk to Tae Pae gate. Suitable for a couple or two people as not the cheapest in the area.

We had a fantastic room and loved the staff and location

Really lovely hotel run by a nice family. Would definitely recommend. Pillows were a bit hard though as a minor point!

This place is wonderful! I didn't expect too much for just 600 THB a night for 2 persons, but it turned out to be the best value of all the places we stayed in Thailand on this trip. Our twin room w/AC was on the 2nd floor just to the left of the stairs. The room was pretty spacious and spotless! Some reviewer mentioned the bed being too firm, but I found it perfect since I have a back problem. The woman managing the place is very kind and helpful. And her baby is cute : )

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4