Baan Klang Vieng Hostel Reviews

127/1 Moon Muang road, Soi 5, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great value for money and very friendly staff .

This is a great "hostel" (more like a hotel). Great location in Old Town and really close to the Night Market as well. The rooms are kept VERY clean. Only downside: there isn't a great common room, so this is not the best place to meet other travelers.

• 19th Nov 2014

Very quiet hostel, although it is more like a hotel. My only complaint is the bed. I know it's Asia and beds typically suck, but the bed I had here was absolutely horrendous. Other than that, it was a great, quiet stay.

Very friendly staff, willing to help out with problems/ordering taxi etc. All in all a pleasant stay, good location for walking around in the old part of town, other facilities such as brunch and restaurants are also close by. Big spacious room with en-suite bathroom, which was really nice! Much bigger than I had expected.

we had a lovely time staying here! In walking distance to Major Sightseeing Spots. Very clean, it was more like an Hotel than an Hostel:) Unfortunately there was no Common room and no breakfast - but really cute cafés in walking distance:)

• 23rd Aug 2014

It was such a wonderful stay at the Baan Klang Vieng! Nice, comfortable and clean rooms. A 15 min walk to the nightmarket and 5-10 min to other Public places. The Guesthouse "mom" is realy welcoming and helpful, she recomended and booked us a thai cooking class on a farm which was a awesome adventure. We would always stay there again!

I only stayed one night, but the place is very nice. I had a room to myself with a decently comfortable bed. The owner is friendly and will try to help with whatever you need. Location is great.

Don't know why this is listed as a hostel as it is more like a hotel room! Absolute excellent value for money and the staff catered to our every need organising trips for us and even comparing prices on our behalf! Wifi amazing and the rooms were immaculate gave us towels on arrival. Only downfall does not have safety deposit box but can't fault it in any other way.

Very nice Hostel in boutique style. Good food nearby. Massage shop next door!

Great location and staff, very clean and great value for the money.

They gave our room (and reservation) away to other people one hour before we arrived. The ones that took our room just told them it was their name on the list. The hostel didn't even check their passports to see if it was true. That made me very mad. Also because it was during the Loy Kratong festival and we had booked this hostel ahead, because fiding something during the festival would be a hard job. The lady from the hostel didn't speak English and made no effort to solve this problem.

It'a simple nice hostel... don't expect much.

good quality room, great part of town. lacks atmosphere, and communal areas. more of a budget hotel.

Extremely clean and well-maintained. However, I did find it a struggle to communicate with the people who run it as they don't speak much English and I don't speak much Thai!

I am satisfied with Baan Klang Vieng. I was impressed by how clear and convenient this hostel is. I would recommend it to the people who will be traveling to Chiang Mai with no doubts.

• 20th Oct 2013
  • China

I haven't traveled all that much in hostels, but this place isn't like a traditional hostel as far as I can tell. There really didn't appear to be a lot of people hanging around in the common area, which isn't that big. One reason for this is probably that the rooms, at least our room, was massive, had a kitchen and was spotless. So this place is very clean and close to food and shopping but doesn't have the feel of a traditional hostel with a lot of fellow travelers to mingle with and get tips.

• 14th Oct 2013

If you arrive late in the evening, there's no way to check in. There's no atmosphere since there wasn't really a common area as far as I could tell.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The owner was very helpful in arranging cooking classes and transportation and her English skills were very good and much appreciated. Exceptionally clean, quiet, safe, and very well located for restaurants, services and fun. Right close to the main city gate and right next door is a great massage place, and around the corner about 100 steps away is a very good scooter rental place. Loved this hostel and highly recommend it.

This hostel gives you the feeling of beeing home from the first minute on. The house is clean and funished nicely. The staff was very helpful with giving Information about trips.

The location was excellent which is just 1 minutes away from that old town gate. Also, there was a massage just next door, they provided great service on massage. This hostel doesn't provide towl etc or change sheets, but a bottle of water everyday. Only the lady owner knows a bit English, not the husband. non-air-condition room is very local (furniture and room size), will suggest air-condition room. Will stay here again, if come to Chiang Mai in the future.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4