@Baan Kunt Tour & Hostel Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Stayed here for song kran festival and it was great. Staff are lovely!

Very helpful staff who went the extra mile. Highly enjoyable stay :)

• 5th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

WE LOVE BAAN KUNT HOSTEL! The whole staff is so incredibly friendly and we absolutely love Noi, the owner, she is so sweet! The hostel is extremely clean and nice, we enjoyed our stay very much! We would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone when visiting Chiang Mai!!

We ended up not making our first night of the booking and called to move the dates however whoever we spoke to hadn't for great English so we emailed and never had a response.. But was no issue when we arrived :) Good stay! Great aircom which was needed ... Quite a few Mosquitos but thy don't like the aircon so it wasn't really a problem. Great atmosphere , good common area with good wifi. Nice Location close to shops , bars and restaurants plus the night markets. Would definitely stay again.

Cleaned daily, great location right in the centre of all the markets and temples. Hot water, beers/drinks available to buy and a gorgeous roof too garden for all you smokers. Staff very helpful and relaxed. If you stay here write down the address as the majority of drivers hadn't heard of this place. Be sure to check out 'Zoe's' bar and 'roof top bar' for good nights out.

Friendly staff, clean and good location. Beds were not very comfortable and you got a fan or an air con by luck. But good in general

if the room has more power sockets that makes better.

Joy is the best host anyone could wish for! Make sure to check out the rooftop!!!

Hostel is located in a great spot, midway between the old city and the night market. The place is kept tidy and is very good value for money.

To avoid people stepping on shoes and shoes being scattered at the entrance, provide a shoe rack/stand at the door.

Definitely the best hostel I have stayed in so far- beautifully decorated and cleaned every day! The staff were very helpful in sorting trips out for us and kept giving us free snacks which is always nice! I definitely recommend people coming to stay here

We stayed in a double room and our bed was really squeky. Also no mosquito nets on the windows

I spent 3 nights in this new hostel and i say it's pretty good. The location is ok. The staff dont speak a fluent english but you can have basic conversation. They are nice and you can book very easily some tours at the reception. The atmosphere is good, you can meet other travellers, there is not confusion here...well...the right place!

• 23rd Feb 2014

Was lovely little hostel in a good location! very very clean! The staff are very welcoming, caring and look after you well- they even drive you to your destination if need be! :) would definitely stay again!

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Had a wonderful stay here. Hostel is relatively new so everything is clean and the staff are all friendly and helpful. Amazing location right near the night bazar and old town. There is a common area to meet people and you get free tea/coffee and bananas. We extended our stay after enjoying it so much and would stay here again if we ever come back to Chiang Mai.

Had an awesome stay at baan kunt in chiang mai. We planned on only staying 4 nights and ended up staying for over a week. We went on a three day trek booked through the hostel which was great! we originally only booked a two day one but decided to stay the extra day and the hostel staff were great about changing our booking so we had a room when we got back a day later than planned. It had a great overall atmosphere and all of the staff were so kind and friendly!

The best hostel in Thailand! I love the staff, they surprise you with their friendliness every day :) Reading lights would be my only wish for the next stay.

This is a great, very beautifully decorated hostel. Beds don't squeak, but are really really hard (common in Thailand). My tips to make this hostel even better: in the shared room, put some kind of visual sign that the floor changes in height, I painfully bumped my toes a few times. Maybe a strip of bamboo? And what I really missed was a working power socket at each bed. Otherwise, just add an extension cable with more power plugs (because for me the ones at the wall somehow did not work).

This hostel is still in it's infancy but I can honestly say this is the best hostel I've stayed at world-round. The staff treat you like family and are extremely friendly and constantly happy. The hostel itself has a great common area where guests frequently gather to relax around a large wooden table surrounded by thai pillows. The rooftop provides a great space to sip drinks on a cool evening. The location couldn't be better. Equal distance between the night market and the old town, 5 min.

This is a basic hostel but it is clean and meets all your needs. In a good location near to the night markets, good restaurants and not far from the Tapae Gate. The shower facilities were good and the rooms were bare but satisfactory. There was no locks on the bedroom door which I didn't like, although I was offered locker space in the reception. The staff were helpful with organising tours. Not loads of communal space to meet people but if you want somewhere reasonably quiet then stay here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3