Baan Nampetch Hostel Reviews

402/2 Soi Watt Treethodsathep, Phrachatipatai Road, Phranakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

Class hostel,suited us well. Not far from khoasan road but grand and quiet. Good breakfast. And really clean. Staff friendly and helpful

• 19th Feb 2015

Good place to stay for a few nights in Bangkok.

The place is very nice, but the staff seems to be fed up with dealing with travelers. Since I'm in Thailand I've never came across such unfiendly staff. It's a pity.

Friendly staff, nice and quiet hostel

• 30th Jan 2015

Everything's just really nice except the fact that there were only two plug sockets for four beds in our room

Nice hostel located on walking distance from Khaosan road but in a quite neighborhood. Nice terrace for decent included breakfast/hanging out. Not a party hostel, very strict with their rules.

I had a great stay at Baan Nampetch hostel! It is a short walk from khao san road but in a quiet neighborhood so no noise from the street :) I slept in a four person dorm and there were good beds and big lockers. Bathrooms were clean and spacious. They have a nice terrace where you can relax and have breakfast. Would def go back here if I'm in Bangkok again!

• 6th Jan 2015

The taxi driver could not find the place as it's tucked away on a tiny street off the main road. The woman that was supposed to be working had got some other guy to show me to my room. When asked to order a taxi for the next morning I was told it's too late then when I eventually spoke to the woman that was supposed to be working she said it was 500 baht and I had to pay the hostel first. I then got a taxi myself and paid only 300 baht. Would not recommend this place as there's better places.

The taxi that you ask us to call are taxi which will be direct to the hostel with no customer on, which they were assign and pick you up straight at the front door at your any stated time without waiting. That is the reason if you willing to get the taxi by stated time that you want it means that you willing to pay for that special to the driver. And we know that you are rude to our staff as you are trying not to pay for your stay. Thank you for your comments.

A great place to spend our last night in Thailand: close to Khao San, but quiet inside. The communal showers are large and clean. The terrace is a great place to relax. The front office closes earlier than most hostels, but the staff are friendly when around.

Loved this hostel - immaculately clean, really comfy beds, spacious rooms and great breakfast on a lovely terrace overlooking the river. Location is perfect as its within walking distance of the main sights and nightlife but on a quiet road.

Is a cheap and nice quiet hostel for those who want to sleep in peace!! 10 minutes walk from khao san road where all city atractions are accesible, tours, temples, museums, even transportation to the airports. The hostel is a bit tricky to find but once you get it is very nice. Clean room and bathrooms, friendly staff.

Nice and clean place in a quiet area only 10 mins walk to Khao San Road. Highly recommendable!

Had a great time at Baan Nampetch hostel! Great location, free breakfast, clean rooms, etc. I would definitely recommend staying here. Only minor issue was that the wifi was a little spotty sometimes, but not a huge deal.

A bit hard to find, but worth it!

Really enjoyed my stay here in this clean, quiet and friendly hostel. Our room didn't have any windows, what did not bother us that much actually, because with an A/C in the room, who needs windows? The bathrooms were clean with warm water and never that busy. Breakfast was basic, but good enough to start your day well on. Next to that it's close near Khao San road and 15 min away from the ferry, so a great place to see Bangkok from. Especially with all the great food stands surrounding it.

• 15th Dec 2014

Location is great, only disadvantage is that it is quite far from the airport shuttle. No problem for a longer stay. For a short stay, some place closer and the airlink might be better. 1 of 3 showers had only cold water. Quiet and chilled out place to get away from the crowded streets. The terrace is really nice.

• 14th Dec 2014

Good hostel 10 min away from koa san. The hostel was very clean. Wouldnt walk back alone from koa san alone at night. Only bad thing was that after we checked out at 11, walked around bangkok before leaving to the islands we got back at 5.30 to pick up our bags and just wanted to chill for an hour before leaving, we got kicked out at 6, cause you are not allowed to stay longer. So if you got a late flight best is to stay somewhere else.

We arrived in the morning after a long trip on night bus. Our room was not yet free and that was no problem but we were not allowed to take a shower!! The shower are in the corridor not in the room so what is the problem? She said only at check in we are allowed to use shower. So what was all the paper we filled in and the money we gave them?? We had to wait 4 hours in our dirty clothes... Great!

• 4th Dec 2014

We stayed at the double bed private room- very clean and good A/C. Bathrooms were shared but very clean and three for each floor. Breakfast okay with nice view from the terrace. The staff was helpful but they don't offer any maps from the city. Very quiet hostel, definetly not a party hostel but near Khao San and all the mess!

This is a nice quiet place to stay closed to Kaosan road. No much to do in the hostel. You must be quiet and enjoy the nightlife outside. Rooms are clean with aircon. Breakfast is ok.