Baan Nampetch Hostel Reviews

402/2 Soi Watt Treethodsathep, Phrachatipatai Road, Phranakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

Nice balcony to chill and look over the canal. Bring earplugs or a gun to deal with the cock wandering outside.... :)

• 13th Mar 2015

This was our first place to stay in Bangkok. As already mentioned on the hostels' website, the location is really hard to find (thanks to the friendly taxi driver we got there!). Nevertheless, the location is perfect to enjoy the city. The hostel is really close to Kao San Road but it's located in a quiet area (no traffic noises) . You'll enjoy the terrace and the decent and delicious breakfast :)! Staff was very friendly and the hostel was very clean! I'd highly recommend to stay there!

• 8th Mar 2015

A little oasis in the jungle of Bangkok. It's a quiet place near the crazy khaosan road.

A taxi drove around for hours in the same area unable to find the hostel. Called the hostel 5 times (received no answer) and walked around the streets showing people the address in Thai, and no one knew it. After having to stay at another hotel for that night we finally found the hostel down a difficult back alley with no signage. When we tried to get the last night refunded staff were rude, and lied (saying they had sat by the phone and got no calls). Also, "beds" are just mattresses on floor.

• 27th Feb 2015

Class hostel,suited us well. Not far from khoasan road but grand and quiet. Good breakfast. And really clean. Staff friendly and helpful

Good place to stay for a few nights in Bangkok.

The place is very nice, but the staff seems to be fed up with dealing with travelers. Since I'm in Thailand I've never came across such unfiendly staff. It's a pity.

Friendly staff, nice and quiet hostel

• 30th Jan 2015

Everything's just really nice except the fact that there were only two plug sockets for four beds in our room

Nice hostel located on walking distance from Khaosan road but in a quite neighborhood. Nice terrace for decent included breakfast/hanging out. Not a party hostel, very strict with their rules.

I had a great stay at Baan Nampetch hostel! It is a short walk from khao san road but in a quiet neighborhood so no noise from the street :) I slept in a four person dorm and there were good beds and big lockers. Bathrooms were clean and spacious. They have a nice terrace where you can relax and have breakfast. Would def go back here if I'm in Bangkok again!

• 6th Jan 2015

The taxi driver could not find the place as it's tucked away on a tiny street off the main road. The woman that was supposed to be working had got some other guy to show me to my room. When asked to order a taxi for the next morning I was told it's too late then when I eventually spoke to the woman that was supposed to be working she said it was 500 baht and I had to pay the hostel first. I then got a taxi myself and paid only 300 baht. Would not recommend this place as there's better places.

The taxi that you ask us to call are taxi which will be direct to the hostel with no customer on, which they were assign and pick you up straight at the front door at your any stated time without waiting. That is the reason if you willing to get the taxi by stated time that you want it means that you willing to pay for that special to the driver. And we know that you are rude to our staff as you are trying not to pay for your stay. Thank you for your comments.

A great place to spend our last night in Thailand: close to Khao San, but quiet inside. The communal showers are large and clean. The terrace is a great place to relax. The front office closes earlier than most hostels, but the staff are friendly when around.

Loved this hostel - immaculately clean, really comfy beds, spacious rooms and great breakfast on a lovely terrace overlooking the river. Location is perfect as its within walking distance of the main sights and nightlife but on a quiet road.

Is a cheap and nice quiet hostel for those who want to sleep in peace!! 10 minutes walk from khao san road where all city atractions are accesible, tours, temples, museums, even transportation to the airports. The hostel is a bit tricky to find but once you get it is very nice. Clean room and bathrooms, friendly staff.

Nice and clean place in a quiet area only 10 mins walk to Khao San Road. Highly recommendable!

Had a great time at Baan Nampetch hostel! Great location, free breakfast, clean rooms, etc. I would definitely recommend staying here. Only minor issue was that the wifi was a little spotty sometimes, but not a huge deal.

A bit hard to find, but worth it!

Really enjoyed my stay here in this clean, quiet and friendly hostel. Our room didn't have any windows, what did not bother us that much actually, because with an A/C in the room, who needs windows? The bathrooms were clean with warm water and never that busy. Breakfast was basic, but good enough to start your day well on. Next to that it's close near Khao San road and 15 min away from the ferry, so a great place to see Bangkok from. Especially with all the great food stands surrounding it.

• 15th Dec 2014

Location is great, only disadvantage is that it is quite far from the airport shuttle. No problem for a longer stay. For a short stay, some place closer and the airlink might be better. 1 of 3 showers had only cold water. Quiet and chilled out place to get away from the crowded streets. The terrace is really nice.

• 14th Dec 2014