Baan Nampetch Hostel Reviews

402/2 Soi Watt Treethodsathep, Phrachatipatai Road, Phranakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

Twice I had a really nice stay! super friendly staff, quiet location 7 min from Khaosan Road by walking, great terrasse with view on the canal. Everytime I would come back and recommend it to everybody searching a central, but quiet place in the busy City of Bangkok!

• 12th Apr 2014

The hostel was very clean and the staff all extremely friendly and helpful. It's a little difficult to find the first time, but it's great to be just off the noisy areas (10 min walk max). I disagree with other reviews, there's a great spot for socializing and meeting people. It's a very large open-air terrace (where breakfast is offered in the morning between 8-10).

• 10th Apr 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The owner and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hostel was nicely decorated and the rooms and shared bathrooms were spotless. We liked the cosy terrace, the perfect place to get to know fellow travellers.

Fantastic hostel! Very clean, comfortable, good room sizes with good AC, great relaxing terrace, near to khao san road, breakfast included. Owners are lovely and very helpful. Definitely recommend!

• 10th Apr 2014

It wasn't my first time at this hostel and that shows what I think about the place. I love it there. The location is absolutely my favorite in the city and the terrace is really lovely. All clean and well kept. The place to stay in any trip to BKK.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Portugal
  • Couple, 41+

Very friendly and helpful staff.

What a great, quiet, clean and nice place to end your holiday with! Right around the corner is the busy khao san road area for some action and going back to the hostel felt like coming home. Great help from the staff and Paula, the owner, even dropped us off at the airport herself. Thank you!

• 18th Mar 2014

This is a clean hostel with breakfast included and an extremely helpful manager. My only negatives about the place were that as a lone traveller, there was no communal area to meet people. Also, the walk back to the hostel is dark and unpopulated (I'm female) and although I was reassured that it's safe, I felt quite uncomfortable walking back there on my own after dark.

Very close to perfection. Just one thing with space for improvement: the bedroom was basically bare. Apart from that, helpful staff, awesome location - the best, in a local and picturesque quarter and still close to the center. We specially loved the terrace and the location. Lots of travelers, but respectful and quiet; EXTREMELY clean, fair breakfast, fair showers, very safe... I will definitely stay here anytime I return to BKK.

Great new hostel, quiet but also close to Khao San Road. The cleanest hostel which I'd ever stayed! I would stay there again! Highly recommanded!

• 9th Mar 2014

Very clean hostel 10 min away from Kao San Road which was perfect to rest properly and being close by that area too. Breakfast included was quite basic. I'll definitly stay there again!

We really enjoyed staying at this Hostel. The place is really cute, well thought. Our dorms were clean and in good sizes. As well as the bathrooms. Breakfast was simple, but good. We just thought it could start earlier than 8am. The down of the hostel was the availability of the staff. After 18h we couldn´t find anyone to ask questions. And they didn´t want to help us with arranging transportation or private taxis. Always telling us to look for taxis in the main street.

Great hostel. Very clean and helpful. Free drinking water and breakfast, gotta love that.

Really nice place. Far enough from the busy area so it was peaceful and quiet, but didn't have to walk too far to get to the main area. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to pick us up when our taxi driver got lost.

• 16th Feb 2014

We had the great luck of having found it as it's the best place we could have stayed in Bangkok. It's perfect location just 5 mins walking from Khao San Road but far enough to find the perfect peace to rest and sleep together with the cleanliness of the place and the hospitality of the thai family who runs it, make it just perfect. The breakfast was delicious and we really spent lovely mornings sitting at the nice terrace. The staff did their best to help us in every little issue we needed.

OK, there isn't a TV in the room, and there are no computers if you don't have a WIFI device. But hey you are there to be out and about. It isn't a party hostel, which is fine for people recovering from jet lag or food poisoning or just wanting to chill.

nice common room/balcony. Hostel is very clean and new.

Very hard to find the hostel, the taxi turned around the area during 10 mins, and we arrived by night, so the area looked murky... But when you are inside, it is TOTALY different! super clean, you can nearly eat on the floor! super safe, with a security glass door with electronic pass on each floor + safe place for your luggage if you have to wait for your flight. Very respectfull: of other customers, and the area. very friendly and helpful! very close to the touristic area in fact!

The staff was really kind. We met and talked with everybody we met as we were there - but the place lacks a really social atmosphere. The rooms are very basic - but you get what you pay for. In general we were very happy with our visit and the value for money was awesome. On one note we should mention that it is incredibly difficult to find. Our taxa driver searched the area for over 25 minuttes before we found it by accident. So print a google map! That said - 10 min walk to Khao San Road :)

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Djibouti

Stayed there for 4 nights. 15 min walk to Khaosan Road. Hostel is really hard to find, don't forget to write down their number and give it to your taxi driver. Our double bed was just a double mattress. Breakfast is included and really good, (fresh fruits, cornflakes, hot drinks, toasts). Staff is friendly, but only from 8 am - 6 pm present. The whole hostel is to be entered barefoot. I would recommend a stay for people with a low budget who want to stay close to Khaosan Road in a quiet area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3