Baan Smile Hostel Reviews

119/46 Chaweng Beach Road, Bo Phut, Koh Samui, Thailand

Didn't have the best experience here. The hostel itself is clean though rooms are small. Both hostels are out of the way, have to walk quite a while to get anywhere. I wasn't allowed to stay in my originally booked hostel and had to stay in their other one and after 2 nights left to go back to koh phangnan as I disliked Samui. Came back 5 days later to catch a flight the next day and they messed up my booking for that night and tried to charge me again.

Regarding to this issue, our room is over as another guest had a necessary reason to extend stay so we moved guest to stay at our another hostel which is the same road. After two night we got informed that she wanted to cancel other nights because she wanted to go back to Koh Phangan. Then we tried to help her by giving money 50% back even the policy said it's non refundable! The last night staying, about payment once she told it's paid then it's cleared quickly.

Really nice place to stay. Staff were really friendly. Enjoyed our stay here. It was a little bit out the way of the main bit bout a 20 min walk but was nice to be somewhere a little more chilled for once. Few ants in rooms but its Thailand you have to expect it there everywhere! Would definitely stay again.

Owner is so lovely, she went out of her way to help us! Great location, just five minutes from the markets and the centre of Chaweng. Lovely bathroom but there is only one shower/toilet per floor, so you have to be quick in the morning! Rooms are basic, but have a wardrobe and are clean and aircon was great! beds were comfy too! Hostel was quiet which was lovely as it is a few minutes walk to the bars and clubs meaning you can actually sleep!

Good quality comfy beds, light and PowerPoint at each bed. Wifi doesn't reach the rooms though... Great location close to beach, shops and restaurants :) I would stay here again.

Very helpfull staff. Taxi droped us at the wrong place (the booking store of baan smile) The staff drove us to the correct location.

• 15th Feb 2014

Baan Smile is a great place to stay. It is located just a short walk (2 minutes) across the street from Chaweng Beach and only about a ten minute walk from lots of restaurants, bars, clubs further down the road. The staff, led by the owner Jiggy, is great. They are friendly and helpful and seem always available if you have a question or problem. I stayed in a private room on the third floor with a shared bathroom. The room was great. Small and basic but the beds are super comfortable.

The staff were the most helpful and friendly of any hostel in Thailand so far

Good hostel. The lady on the reception was so friendly and helpful!

• 31st Jan 2014

The owners are fantastic they are very welcoming and will help you with any query you have. Short walk to main strip but far enough that you dont get the overwhelming noise from the bars. Would definately recommend and will be returning.

Staff is very kind and made me feel very welcomed to come back in every day! Have good recommendations and made booking tours easy. Getting extra towels for the beach and shower wasn't a problem. Good place to stay on a budget, but close to Chaweng.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Although the room was small it was still good value for money. Very happy I stayed here.

Excellent service and the host spoke excellent English. Highly recommend

The staff here were really friendly and the rooms were very clean. If I remember rightly they were a fairly new hostel and they had two hostels so make sure you know which one you are going to as the taxi drivers did not have a clue. We went in peak season and compared to the rest of the island this place was good value for money. It was about a 15 minute walk from the most popular beach on the island but we hired mopeds anyway. The atmosphere is what you make it, chill out area upstairs with TV

The owner was absolutely fantastic. She helped us with everything and seemed to genuinely care about her guests. Shame about the location of this hostel.

The hostel is in a great location. Room and facilities were basic. The great thing about Baan Smile were their super friendly staff. Even after we came back to Koh Samui and stayed in a different hotel, we dropped by to say hi to Jiggy and thank her for all her help and recommendations.

Not a bad place to stay for a night or two. Rooms are tiny and there is not much for a common area. The woman who runs the hostel is lovely and helpful though, which makes up for some small faults.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Very clean, staff are friendly and helpful, they have lockers in the rooms and it's only a couple of minutes from the beach. Can't fault it.

The staff at this hostel were very kind and helpful. The location was excellent, next door to a 7-11, two ATMs, and a short walk across the street and through a hotel to get to the beach. It was also a fifteen minute walk to the night markets and many good bars and restaurants. The four bed dorm rooms are on the smallish side, but they do have lockers, blankets, sheets and pillowcases. The hostel charges 20 Bhat for towels. The bathrooms could use hooks for hanging towels and clothes.

Perfect hostel, amazing staff and location. Good wifi and clean rooms everyday! Staying here again on the way back!

This was a great hostel to stay in. Generally when I'm travelling I'll walk down the street I find a travel agent to book future trips and excursions but these guys were super efficient and competitive with pricing. They also really cared about your well being and safety. Loved Baan Smile Hostel. Would have been perfect of they had a restaurant and bar.