7.5
Very Good 187 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 187 Total Reviews
Baan Smile Hostel Located at 119/46 Chaweng Beach Road, Bo Phut, , Koh Samui.
Thailand
Koh Samui 84320 119/46 Chaweng Beach Road, Bo Phut
75% 187
9.5401900 100.0712212
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 25-30
3rd Jan 2017
7.4

For a one of night it will do it was clean and not to much of a walk to town and not far from the airport so it suited me. However there's only 2 toilet/showers in the whole hostel (20 beds from my count) and the roof leaked when it rained so 2 of the beds were soaked through. Other than that it will do in a pinch

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Dec 2016
6.9

The staff at Baan Smile were lovely, the main lady was so chatty and friendly. There was not real atmosphere at the hostel, however we just went for a few chilled days so that was ok. The location is a little walk out of the main area but this was fine for us as was quiet. The bathroom wasnt the cleanest and had a weird smell to it. The room was also a little grubby. But was fine for a few days. Overall it fit our purpose.

• England, Couple, 25-30
24th Nov 2016

This is our third time staying at the hostel and couldn't think of a reason to not have chose to stay. The staff are friendly, only a 10 minute walk to the Main Street and beach area so it is peaceful. Shops and restaurants either side. Perfect for a city getaway from the huddle and bussle.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
28th Sep 2016

I had a great stay at this hostel. I arrived very late at night and they were still open waiting for me. I had a clean comfortable bed with air con, a bit noisy if you are staying on the street side and don't have earplugs! They organized my transfer to the ferry with no hassles. I came back and stayed another night a week later and the experience was the same!

5th Aug 2016

Baan smile is located really well, just outside the main strip of chaweng. So while you're still in the thick of things you're not suffering from the loud music and drunken masses. I think it's run by a local since all the staff is local. While they speak enough English to get by they are extremely warm and helpful. I think they serve as a travel desk as well. Their bathrooms are a bit on the lower side but still clean. Make sure you try the eatery across the street, family guesthouse!

23rd Jul 2016
2.0

First, there are two locations of this hostel. So make sure if you are taking a taxi from the ferry, they know which one to drop you off at! When I went to the second location, I met the rudest woman of my life. She had overbooked for the night, and planned on giving my three friends and I a private room. When she saw us she started laughing uncontrollably and said we could have the room because my friend was too "big". We promptly left!