7.8
Very Good 182 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 182 Total Reviews
Baan Smile Hostel Located at 119/46 Chaweng Beach Road, Bo Phut, , Koh Samui.
Thailand
Koh Samui 84320 119/46 Chaweng Beach Road, Bo Phut
78% 182
9.5401900 100.0712212
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 25-30
24th Nov 2016

This is our third time staying at the hostel and couldn't think of a reason to not have chose to stay. The staff are friendly, only a 10 minute walk to the Main Street and beach area so it is peaceful. Shops and restaurants either side. Perfect for a city getaway from the huddle and bussle.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
28th Sep 2016

I had a great stay at this hostel. I arrived very late at night and they were still open waiting for me. I had a clean comfortable bed with air con, a bit noisy if you are staying on the street side and don't have earplugs! They organized my transfer to the ferry with no hassles. I came back and stayed another night a week later and the experience was the same!

5th Aug 2016

Baan smile is located really well, just outside the main strip of chaweng. So while you're still in the thick of things you're not suffering from the loud music and drunken masses. I think it's run by a local since all the staff is local. While they speak enough English to get by they are extremely warm and helpful. I think they serve as a travel desk as well. Their bathrooms are a bit on the lower side but still clean. Make sure you try the eatery across the street, family guesthouse!

23rd Jul 2016
2.0

First, there are two locations of this hostel. So make sure if you are taking a taxi from the ferry, they know which one to drop you off at! When I went to the second location, I met the rudest woman of my life. She had overbooked for the night, and planned on giving my three friends and I a private room. When she saw us she started laughing uncontrollably and said we could have the room because my friend was too "big". We promptly left!

• England, Male, 25-30
25th Jun 2016
6.0

I wasn't impressed with this hostel, it's not the cleanest, the shower is terrible. There isn't a good common room for people to gather and there was just one other person in the hostel at the time. So if you are a solo traveller I would choose elsewhere. The hostel is a bit of a walk from the main action although there are a couple of good bars nearby on the beach. The only thing it's got going for itself is that it's cheap! Try cheeky monkies or liquid lounge instead.

• Thailand, Male, 25-30
10th Jun 2016

Great time at Koh Samui, the hostel is just 10 minutes from the airport. Staffs here are very helpful, they help me to get cheap Tuk Tuk.