Baan Smile Place Reviews

37/89 Moo 3, Bo Phut, 37/89 Moo 3, Bo Phut, Koh Samui, Thailand

AC in the room had no remote so I could not control it. When it was on it way too cold and when off it was way too hot. Reception could not really answer my questions about booking transport. Wifi does not work in the rooms and the lobby where it works was extremely hot and uncomfortable. Staff came into my room 3 times unannounced. Once to fix the AC which was leaking off the balcony and another time I have no idea why. No knock, just entered.

I've been travelling in Asia for about a month, and this is by far the most clean and comfortable hostel I've stayed at. The staff are absolutely lovely and always willing to help! We ended up staying an extra two nights, because we fell in love with the beach on Koh Samui which is only a 5 minute walk away

The lady who runs this hostel is by far the nicest and friendliest we have encountered on our travels so far. She was so accommodating and really made an effort to get to know and welcome her guests. I would highly recommend staying here!

Great location / great staff! Great value for money!

• 1st Mar 2015

Stayed here 3nights the lady on reception was lovely and so helpful!could do with a common room, but the beds were so comfy! Quite sqeaky bed though! Very clean, quite secure (if your room mates actually lock the door!) 5min walk from the beach, have to walk far down the beach for more bars. Get free towels, nice and chilled, not really a party hostel though :(. But thumbs up from me :-D

Very helpful staff, each dorm of 6 has its own very large bathroom, lockers provided and beds made each day - one of the best. Booked an airport transfer for 300B, not only bang on time but it was a private air con 4x4 - very impressed.

Probably one of the best hostels i stayed at! Amazing staff and super clean!

Was an okay hostel, rooms was nice with comfortable beds and a clean toilet/shower. Not much of a atmosphere here, small lobby downstairs with only two couches, wifi also only works in the lobby. Good location, close to a lot of bars and the beach. Quite far from the pier though.

Great hostel, no issues. Wifi only available in lobby.

I wasn't too big on Koh Samui but staying here was a pleasure. The staff were really friendly and happy to speak Thai with me and show me where the good (real) Thai food was, at the market a short walk away. If I needed to come back to Samui I would stay again.

• 5th Feb 2015

Great hostel, super helpful and friendly staff. They helped us book a tour of Angthong and our ferry tickets wnd had lots of suggestions on restaurants, things to do etc. Hostel was very clean, good size lockers provided in the dorms, and power point and light in each bunk. Would definitely stay here again!

Decent hostel. Fairly clean. Lacks good common areas.

No complaints, good price for what you get. Staff very friendly and a good location near several eateries and chilled bars.

I enjoyed my stay. Bann Smile has all you can expect from a hostel its size. Staff were great and the bed was one of the most comfortable i have had in asia.

Good hostel, very clean. Not that much atmosphere because it is quite small but it's close to everything you need. Great staff, very friendly and very helpful. Owner even ironed my shirt for a night out 😀

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Enjoyed our stay here, staff were very friendly and helpful! Rated atmosphere slightly less as there is no communal area except for reception area to get talking to people. But on the whole we were pleased with our stay and would return!

Great staff!! Very friendly and willing to help us with everything we needed! Totally recommend this hostel

Clean and comfortable hostel right in the heart of chaweng beach area. If you're looking to get into the nightlife and city action on a budget, you'll be happy here. Beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are well maintained. Might get noisy sometimes but the night I stayed was alright. You won't be disappointed with this place.

Close to the airport and the beach and they have actual hot showers! Staff is also very nice.

Excellent hostel, no real common room, but still a suitable place to stay on the island.