Baan Smile Place Reviews

37/89 Moo 3, Bo Phut, 37/89 Moo 3, Bo Phut, Koh Samui, Thailand

Nicest and most helpful staff we've met whilst travelling Thailand. Clean rooms and bathroom. About 15 mins walk to main party area but straight up one road so it's easy. 5 min walk to beach. A quiet hostel with no common area so we didn't really make any friends but would go back anyway as got our well needed sleep after heavy nights or long active days.

Quite far from the centre. Bathroom was very unclean. WiFi only in lobby. Staff are great

Don't know why this place has a thumbs up, I had 3 issues with it that makes me think otherwise. The beds were very hard and uncomfortable, the door to the room is glass and covered by a thin sheet that lets all the light in at night, from the hallway light that does not get turned off, and the far wall is made of glass and has a sliding door that doesn't close fully and let's all the noise from the street in. Not ideal but not the worst.

Very friendly, the lady booked us a fabulous tour to ang thong marine park which I highly recommend at a very good price !!! Clean and comfortable the only thing that wasn't great was the common area !

• 6th Aug 2015

I don't know exactly how many people worked there, as the hostel functioned as both a hostel and a touring/motorbike rental/ bike rental/ adventure information center - I think many hostels do the same thing, as I wasn't aware at my previous stays. Overall, my experience with the staff here was pleasant and the driver was prompt (I had to leave for the airport at 6:30 in the morning, and at 6:20-ish, he arrived in front of the hostel ready to take me to the airport). and the staff was chill

I really liked this hostel, but I didn't like how the key didn't actually work on the door. Also the sheets had a couple stains... The staff is great. It's nice having the beach across the street, but awkward to walk through a construction site...

great hostel for solo traveller. met loads of people that I travelled to koh tao with.

This hostel is lovely. The best thing about it is the lovely couple that own it. They are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are really clean and the best are really comfy. Not a party hostel but really nice is you want somewhere chilled out!

Clean rooms with comfy beds, individual lockers and aircon. The staff were very friendly. Quite a walk to the main bars/ clubs but located really near many good restaurants and the quiet area of the beach!

Brilliant hostel! Would've stayed here longer if it wasn't fully booked. Bit sceptical at first but by the end of my time I loved it. Most friendly staff I've encountered in Thailand. Always happy to help. They also have a travel agent as part of the hostel. Rooms clean, good beds, lockers, no shoes inside so it's quite clean generally. 5-10 min walk from main part of town and Chaweng beach. Good air con. Balcony. Good atmosphere. Would definitely recommend. Only downside is the bathrooms..

Very nice, clean hostel in a great location close to chaweng beach. Staff were relaxed and friendly. Washing service and bikes to rent from the hostel itself. Beds comfy and private lockers for each person. Would definitely recommend!

Really nice clean hostel, good location Very helpful staff Good value for money Only thing is bedrooms a bit small but no big deal, hostel has everything you could need

Our stay at Baan Smile Place was the best start for our trip. The staff was welcoming and helpful and they truly wanted to make our stay enjoyable.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Clean and decent air conditioning, but very quiet and not very social. Good for a quiet restful night but not exactly a place to use as a launch point for going out

Small place with nice staff and decent rooms/bathrooms. Perfectly clean and easy to book onward journeys as the hostel doubles as a travel agent. No wifi in the rooms, just the small common area (reception). 10 minutes walk to chaweng beach (far end) and 15-20 minutes to the main partying area, but easy to grab a songthaew to and from town in a small group.

Clean with a great staff!! Enjoyed it! Although it is a long walk to the main bars (nightlife), it is a place that i suggest every backpackers to stay!

Lady on reception (pretty sure she's the manager too) is super friendly, speaks great English, really helpful and looks after guests well. Good aircon, good balcony, great location, decent washing and transport bookings downstairs. Spot on!

The staff was great about working with our time schedule to get us on an island tour. They were also very helpful in booking our departure ferry, bus and train ticket. Friendly and sweet!

Really comfy beds, nice and clean and bike rentals available.

Excellent location, short walk to the best beach on Koh Samui (Chaweng), plenty of shops nearby, walking distance to bars & beach clubs. Moto hire available at the hostel (hostel is also a travel agent) which is very handy. Staff are great!! Very helpful, showed us to an authentic local food market nearby (cheap food), and organised our pick-up / ferry to Ko PhaNgan. Very happy we stayed here in Koh Samui :) The rooms are clean, comfy big beds, only small common area but go to bars for social.