Baan Smile Place Reviews

37/89 Moo 3, Bo Phut, 37/89 Moo 3, Bo Phut, Koh Samui, Thailand

I Booked my room 2 days before my arrival but only when I got to the Hostel the lady in the Reception told me that they did over booking and sent me to the hostel in front... It felt like they did that on purpose to fill in the other hostel that was good although...

Lovely and clean, staff really friendly and helpful, location is great as away from the main bars etc but close enough to walk, plenty of smaller restaurants and bars near by. No common room but found it easy to meet people in the same room.

Lovely hostel stayed twice now! My boyfriend left some valuables here and they kept them for him until we returned 10 days later!! Big Comfy beds with great Ac, warm showers. Location is quite far from Chaweng strip so be prepared to walk! Nice and quiet though! Only downside i found a cockroach in my bed! Went to let the owner know and she just said "oh" so tht wasn't great. Overall a lovely hostel though

okay hostel. my wallet got stolen here. there were locks on the door but people did not use them. luckily staff was very helpfull, rang the police etc. not a party hostel

Good location-2 minutes to beach by walk,friendly staffs,not good atmosphere to meeting new friends, but really good for chilling.

We had a fantastic 4 nights at the Baan Smile, in a lovely clean dorm with own bathroom, a balcony and air con! Everyone working there went out of their way to tell us about where to find great local food (turn left out of the door, right at the end and walk for 5 mins), to book our train tickets and find out any transport information we needed. Such a friendly place - a favourite so far in Thailand.

• 8th Sep 2014

Our room was cleaned and it was in a great location, but there was not a good atmosphere for meeting people and there was no wifi in the rooms. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

recommanded!

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Israel

Lovely place, such cold aircon which was well needed! So clean and the beds were super big and comfy - not much atmosphere but the perfect place to hide out and chill for a few days. Would stay again!

Good, clean hostel. Lady that owns it is helpful and can book tickets, activities, mopeds, etc from the hostel. Would definitely go back.

I had a very comfortable stay at Baan Smile Place. The friendly and helpful staff was the best part, but the clean rooms, spacious bathroom, good-sized locker, comfy beds, great price, and close proximity to the beach and street food carts were also quite nice! Sometimes people on the lower bunks complained about being cold, while people on the top bunks found it too hot, but there was a working a/c!

Stayed in a private room with our own balcony which was really good. Rooms were clean and the shower was hot. Lady on reception was very helpful and even lent us an umbrella when we went out in case it rained. Easy to book dives/boats/buses with. Would stay here again.

Very nice, clean and fun hostel in a superb location. Staff os incredibly helpful, especially when i catched the dengue fever they really helped me a lot. Can not ask more from a hostel really. Whenever im in Koh Samui ill check in here for sure!

Great hostel on Koh Samui. The lady who runs the place is really helpful and accommodating. It's a bit of a walk to the bars, but if you're not looking to party every night, then that's a good thing. Clean, cheap, and helpful - definitely would stay again if I was on Koh Samui.

BEST HOSTEL in all of Thailand!!!! Kind and helpful staff, comfortable beds, clean and spacious washrooms, and most importantly, 4 mins from Chaweng beach and the surrounding restaurants and shops!!! Made so many friends at this hostel and I definitely recommend it!!!!

My friend and I stayed here for two nights and it was perfect! The lady at the front desk was incredibly helpful and the other staff were always nice and polite. Our room and bathroom were clean on arrival and fully cleaned every morning! The vibe wasn't exactly social but with backpackers everywhere there are endless other opportunities to meet people out and about. Great location about 2 blocks from the beach and a short taxi to the fun bars and nightlife. Wed definitely stay again! Thanks!

• 21st Jul 2014

Baan Smile Place was such a nice hostel , the best we have stayed in since traveling around Thailand! The staff our so friendly and will help you out with anything. The beds are very comfy and it feels very homely! The hostel Is also 5 minutes from the nicest beach !!

• 15th Jul 2014

Probably one of the nicest hotels i have ever stayed in, cleaned on a daily basis, staff are absolutely lovely, good location for the beach, 5-10 minute walk to all the bars and restaurants. Wifi is very good. Only criticism if anything would be the lack of a social area but sofas in the reception do just fine. 10 out of 10!

We stayed in the double room on the third floor which is huge, both the room and the bathroom are massive! They were generally clean and the room has aircon which is good as the rest of the hostel is so stuffy and after three flights of stairs you need it. The balcony door did not shut properly, so consequently there were quite a few mosquitoes! The hostel is very near to chaweng beach but do not get confused with 'baan smile hostel' as our taxi driver refused to take us to the correct place!

I stayed in the hostel for 3 nights, its was an amazing experience. Good location, friendly and helpful staffs. Atmosphere is good as well and easy to make friends !

• 3rd Jun 2014