Baan Smile Place Reviews

37/89 Moo 3, Bo Phut, 37/89 Moo 3, Bo Phut, Koh Samui, Thailand

Clean with a great staff!! Enjoyed it! Although it is a long walk to the main bars (nightlife), it is a place that i suggest every backpackers to stay!

Lady on reception (pretty sure she's the manager too) is super friendly, speaks great English, really helpful and looks after guests well. Good aircon, good balcony, great location, decent washing and transport bookings downstairs. Spot on!

The staff was great about working with our time schedule to get us on an island tour. They were also very helpful in booking our departure ferry, bus and train ticket. Friendly and sweet!

Really comfy beds, nice and clean and bike rentals available.

Excellent location, short walk to the best beach on Koh Samui (Chaweng), plenty of shops nearby, walking distance to bars & beach clubs. Moto hire available at the hostel (hostel is also a travel agent) which is very handy. Staff are great!! Very helpful, showed us to an authentic local food market nearby (cheap food), and organised our pick-up / ferry to Ko PhaNgan. Very happy we stayed here in Koh Samui :) The rooms are clean, comfy big beds, only small common area but go to bars for social.

• 15th Apr 2015

I loved it here. All the staff were really friendly and the room was cleaned thoroughly ever day. The location is nice and quiet and near the beach. Really good services and tours offered, and the lockers were nice and spacious.

Good hostel with friendly and polite service, also you can rent a scooter there and the owner helps with organising trips or transport for fery or airport, beds are very comfy and room with ac, hostel is not far way from beach. Good time and value for money.

super clean, beds were comfortable, friendly staff. its a 10 to 15 min walk to the night life but i think is actually better cause you wont hear noise at night. is in town so a lot of places to eat and shop are close by. for the money that you pay, i think it is a great hostel! i dont know if i would recommend going alone although we met a lot od single travellers (but only bc they were sleeping in out doorm)

AC in the room had no remote so I could not control it. When it was on it way too cold and when off it was way too hot. Reception could not really answer my questions about booking transport. Wifi does not work in the rooms and the lobby where it works was extremely hot and uncomfortable. Staff came into my room 3 times unannounced. Once to fix the AC which was leaking off the balcony and another time I have no idea why. No knock, just entered.

I've been travelling in Asia for about a month, and this is by far the most clean and comfortable hostel I've stayed at. The staff are absolutely lovely and always willing to help! We ended up staying an extra two nights, because we fell in love with the beach on Koh Samui which is only a 5 minute walk away

The lady who runs this hostel is by far the nicest and friendliest we have encountered on our travels so far. She was so accommodating and really made an effort to get to know and welcome her guests. I would highly recommend staying here!

Staff are super helpful - book anything you need through them! Bunks are comfy and the room was cleaned everyday.

Great location / great staff! Great value for money!

• 1st Mar 2015

Stayed here 3nights the lady on reception was lovely and so helpful!could do with a common room, but the beds were so comfy! Quite sqeaky bed though! Very clean, quite secure (if your room mates actually lock the door!) 5min walk from the beach, have to walk far down the beach for more bars. Get free towels, nice and chilled, not really a party hostel though :(. But thumbs up from me :-D

Very helpful staff, each dorm of 6 has its own very large bathroom, lockers provided and beds made each day - one of the best. Booked an airport transfer for 300B, not only bang on time but it was a private air con 4x4 - very impressed.

Probably one of the best hostels i stayed at! Amazing staff and super clean!

Was an okay hostel, rooms was nice with comfortable beds and a clean toilet/shower. Not much of a atmosphere here, small lobby downstairs with only two couches, wifi also only works in the lobby. Good location, close to a lot of bars and the beach. Quite far from the pier though.

Great hostel, no issues. Wifi only available in lobby.

Very friendly staff, who are helpful and speak good English. A pleasant place close to the beach and the main town centre.

I wasn't too big on Koh Samui but staying here was a pleasure. The staff were really friendly and happy to speak Thai with me and show me where the good (real) Thai food was, at the market a short walk away. If I needed to come back to Samui I would stay again.

• 5th Feb 2015