Baan Suay Backpackers Reviews

383 patak road T.Karon phuket, Phuket, Thailand

Uber friendly/helpful staff, clean, good facilities, air con. Relatively close to night life (though Karon beach is not a party area). Not that close to the beach. We did enjoy our stay though - would happily stay again.

Their policy is to charge the full amount the day before arrival during high season. As I get there planning on paying cash as most travelers do, they had already taken the money from my account DURING LOW SEASON and I couldnt even get an apoligy. Def dont recomend their food as I had to kill the biggest roach of my life in the room, so cant imagine whats on their kitchen counters. The sink had nasty mold (see pics) and they didnt fix the tv until the night before check out.

For the price the place is brilliant. if you want to be close to the Karon beach without all the hustle and bustle I would stay here. It's about a 15 minute walk to the beach and about 400baht to patong beach. You can also hire a moped from The front desk for 300baht a day which is much cheaper than getting taxis. The food is awful and overpriced so don't eat here. The room was clean, great wifi and shower. Can't fault the room at all. I would recommend staying here!

• 11th Sep 2015

I'm so happy I chose Baan Suay. The location is perfect and we rented a scooter from them for only 300 Baht (24 hours). This way everything is within a short ride including the infamous Patong Beach area (night-life). The nicer (IMO) Karon beach is much closer and not as busy for afternoons. The staff were really helpful and friendly, especially the owner/manager. Rooms were very clean, had hot showers, safe the bed was extremely comfy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

Amazing place to stay. The walk to the beach and bars/cafes didn't take long at all. There are plenty of Tuk Tuks around to take you further. The staff were so friendly and helped us book tours and onward travel. Thank you!

Super clean and pool was great! They also provided snorkels and beach mats/umbrellas which was a real treat. Friendly staff and decent location, would go again!