Baan Tai - Backpackers Reviews

Ban Tai Rd., Koh Phangan, Thailand

Baan Tai was great. There's always a good party, but if you don't feel like it then no one pressures you (this seems rare at party hostels. The employees are incredibly knowledgeable of the surrounding areas, and you can rent a bike for cheap. The bathrooms were clean. The fan dorm was pretty nice, and cheap. The ac dorm was upstairs, so it was quieter in the evenings. The hostel is walking distance to a couple of good restaurants, and about two buildings down from a 7-11. Good party all around.

Had the best time ever! All the staff are so lovely and friendly and it's the best location for the half moon festival. Best pre drinks, best people, best place!

• 24th Jul 2015

Zac and the rest of the staff were super helpful and welcoming! Had a great time!

Tristan and Karen were unreal. Helped me settle in and made sure to outline what I needed to see before organizing motor bike for me. At night the whole team makes sure everybody is involved in games and by the end of the night there isn't a person who doesn't know everybody. We all went out together as a hostel every night and couldn't have had a better time. Unreal hostel and a great experience. Already recommended to many people heading to phangan.

• 9th Jul 2015

Great hostel, with an amazing vibe! Staff are friendly and make you feel welcomed from the moment you step through the door. They are all rich with knowledge and can help you with everything you could possibly need.

• 24th Jun 2015

Stayed here for half moon party and had an amazing time! Staff were great and really made an effort to include everyone and make sure you were having a good time. Great A/C, security, and breakfast too! They give out free towels and the owners have some awesome recommendations of cool sights to check out on the island! They also help arrange accommodations for any night out, will definitely be coming back and would recommend!

I just had an amazing there during the full moon party! The location is just perfect because its close to everything and the staff is aamaazing ! They gave us good advice and were chilling with us and very very helpful! We had seriously the time of our life in this hostel and on this island! You really want to go there for the cleaness of the bedrooms (we had a private room for the two first nights (it was amazing) and a dorm for the last three Nd it was very very good too! Thank you for all!

• 30th May 2015

Even though we went in low season we still had a really good time thanks to how friendly and helpful the staff were, giving us tips on what to do in the day and at night!

I wasnt here for the Full Mood Party, so my experience was a lot more chill. The staff was super friendly and down to party with the guests. DONT TRUST THE LOCATION ON GOOGLE MAPS! The location on Hostelworld is correct though, as this hostel is not by Thong Sala pier.

i had an amazing stay! the guys Tristan, Martin, Karen and emaan took everyone under their wings and showed us a great time ! All the best spots to eat, party, relax, get motor bikes. Ensured we had a great time even though it is low season and it wasn't even full moon. Can't thank the guys enough, I will be back with a vengeance !!! Haha untill next time legends !! Dyl rit

Lovely staff and super cheap but no atmosphere and not clean. I think maybe there was no atmosphere due to songkran so not the hostels fault.

This place was AWESOME! Tristan and Karen were so welcoming and had so much knowledge. They helped with giving great ideas on day trips and other events on the island. We were there over the full moon period, if your thinking of staying here just book it! We have made the most amazing lifelong friends in just 5 days and have even travelled around with them afterwards and caught up. From both a Kiwi and Aussie traveller 👍👍

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Sooo good hostel I really love it.... Stuff amazing...so good if you are gonna go for party...

We had the most amazing week staying here after the full moon party. All the staff were so friendly, easy to get along with and encouraged drinking games to get to know other people! The rooms were pretty cleans and the beds were really comfortable. The only thing I would say was to put air con in the downstairs bedroom, as all 3 of us on bottom bunks were fighting over the fan ha! But apart from that, we loved it here! Would definitely stay here again when I return! WE ALL LOVE YOU

I spent 2 months in this hostel. I had an amazing time and partied hard. The people that run it, Tristan and Karen treat everyone more like friends rather than lodgers and genuinely want everyone to have a brilliant time. They know the Island so well and are never short of friendly advice on things to do, places to see, where to catch the best sunsets and of course the best parties. Its great for meeting other travellers and the atmosphere at full moon time is ecstatic and everyone parties toget

• 16th Mar 2015

Very helpful and fun staff! Hostel close to 7 eleven and to the beach (not the good beach though). Only downside is the expensive breakfast and that the cleaning lady doesn't clean the room so thoroughly, change the sheets etc. otherwise I recommend!! Great for full/half moon partying!

staff were great. location was perfect. big rooms.

This is an EXCELLENT place to stay. The staff is amazing and they go out of their way to make sure you are having a fantastic time. They will chat with you, give great recommendations, and will hang out with you and help foster connections between visitors. The BEST hostel I stayed at in Thailand for the atmosphere. The building is not locked though, so be careful to make sure your roommates remember to lock the room door before going to sleep (some people got robbed when I stayed there).

Just perfect! Staff go above and beyond to ensure everyone has mingled before a Full Moon Party. Rooms are nice and clean. Toilets and showers are good. Location is great. Rent some scooters and visit the West Coast and go North to Bottle Beach. Only 150 baht per day with the hostel. Had a great time here!