Baan Tai - Backpackers Reviews

Ban Tai Rd., Koh Phangan, Thailand

I wasnt here for the Full Mood Party, so my experience was a lot more chill. The staff was super friendly and down to party with the guests. DONT TRUST THE LOCATION ON GOOGLE MAPS! The location on Hostelworld is correct though, as this hostel is not by Thong Sala pier.

i had an amazing stay! the guys Tristan, Martin, Karen and emaan took everyone under their wings and showed us a great time ! All the best spots to eat, party, relax, get motor bikes. Ensured we had a great time even though it is low season and it wasn't even full moon. Can't thank the guys enough, I will be back with a vengeance !!! Haha untill next time legends !! Dyl rit

• 17th Apr 2015

Lovely staff and super cheap but no atmosphere and not clean. I think maybe there was no atmosphere due to songkran so not the hostels fault.

This place was AWESOME! Tristan and Karen were so welcoming and had so much knowledge. They helped with giving great ideas on day trips and other events on the island. We were there over the full moon period, if your thinking of staying here just book it! We have made the most amazing lifelong friends in just 5 days and have even travelled around with them afterwards and caught up. From both a Kiwi and Aussie traveller 👍👍

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Sooo good hostel I really love it.... Stuff amazing...so good if you are gonna go for party...

We had the most amazing week staying here after the full moon party. All the staff were so friendly, easy to get along with and encouraged drinking games to get to know other people! The rooms were pretty cleans and the beds were really comfortable. The only thing I would say was to put air con in the downstairs bedroom, as all 3 of us on bottom bunks were fighting over the fan ha! But apart from that, we loved it here! Would definitely stay here again when I return! WE ALL LOVE YOU

I spent 2 months in this hostel. I had an amazing time and partied hard. The people that run it, Tristan and Karen treat everyone more like friends rather than lodgers and genuinely want everyone to have a brilliant time. They know the Island so well and are never short of friendly advice on things to do, places to see, where to catch the best sunsets and of course the best parties. Its great for meeting other travellers and the atmosphere at full moon time is ecstatic and everyone parties toget

• 16th Mar 2015

Very helpful and fun staff! Hostel close to 7 eleven and to the beach (not the good beach though). Only downside is the expensive breakfast and that the cleaning lady doesn't clean the room so thoroughly, change the sheets etc. otherwise I recommend!! Great for full/half moon partying!

staff were great. location was perfect. big rooms.

This is an EXCELLENT place to stay. The staff is amazing and they go out of their way to make sure you are having a fantastic time. They will chat with you, give great recommendations, and will hang out with you and help foster connections between visitors. The BEST hostel I stayed at in Thailand for the atmosphere. The building is not locked though, so be careful to make sure your roommates remember to lock the room door before going to sleep (some people got robbed when I stayed there).

Just perfect! Staff go above and beyond to ensure everyone has mingled before a Full Moon Party. Rooms are nice and clean. Toilets and showers are good. Location is great. Rent some scooters and visit the West Coast and go North to Bottle Beach. Only 150 baht per day with the hostel. Had a great time here!

Didn't stay here in the end as found somewhere with friends I met along the way but had to leave a review. Email communication was great!

There were spiders in every corner of our room and spider webs which is gross the beds aren't really comfortable

We were advised to stay in Baan Tai rather than Haad Rin by other travellers (which I highly advise) and luckily ended up here. Karen and Tristan made us feel so at home and helped us get the most out of our short time there, arranging activities and parties, as well as of the advice on where to eat/drink/go/do. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm, it was big, clean with a good ensuite and balcony. Would highly recommend staying here to anyone visiting Koh Phangan.

• 23rd Jan 2015

This hostel is in a very good location for relatively easy access to haad rin for full moon but far away enough that it is not insane all the time. Also the owner, Karen, was super helpful in arranging travel, scooters etc. Make sure you bring ear plus as there was always loud music coming from downstairs.

Great place to stay good atmosphere. The staff really make it lots of helpful tips on where to party where to kitesurf etc etc One on the better hostels on the island for sure!

This is probably the only review i will do my entire trip. This place... a smile on my face thinking back on the days spent. Very homey common area, owners and staff get in with the drinking games and facepainting (fullmoon) and literally everybody in the hostel stuck together.also tristan took us all out on scooters and showed us some hidden sights and stayed out with us well after sundown and dropped off as many of us as he could at the ferry. Karen his girlfriend is in for a laugh too :)

I had a fantastic stay in this hostel. The security is excellent, the owners having a safe where they store peoples passports and which are collected upon leaving. The owners, Karen and Tristan are extremely friendly providing tips on where to travel on the island and are always up for a friendly chat during the evening time. It has a great bar area where you can chill with other backpackers/travellers. The hostel offers a wide variety of drinks and buckets and also offers breakfast.

• 3rd Dec 2014