Baan Tai - Backpackers Reviews

Ban Tai Rd., Koh Phangan, Thailand

The ladies running Baan Tai are top notch! Immediately felt welcome by warm smiles and great advice for a first-timer to Ko Phagnan! They hooked me up with a great motorbike rental and I had an unbelievable time! Cheers to Baan Tai Backpackers... I will definitely return!

• 3rd Oct 2014

The couple that owns the hostel is great, very friendly and helpful! But the cleaning lady didn't do a good job at all. Our room was extremely dirty - hair everywhere, full ashtray, dirt in the bedroom/bathroom. I complained but it was still dirty afterwards. For about 12 hours they cut off our water in the whole hostel and as we found out in the end it was an accident by the cleaner. Location isn't great either, Haad Rin is better .. But the good atmosphere made up of it a little bit.

• 30th Sep 2014

The owners are so nice! They're a couple who met on their travels and they are so entousiastic and friendly. They can help you choose what to do on the island. Because of them the atmosphere is really good and all the guests do things together. Had a great time. The location isn't the best and it wasn't really clean but it was okay and I only paid 150 baht

• 15th Sep 2014

The staff were amazing, they were one of the reasons the stay was so good. From the moment you walk in the staff are friendly and welcoming, they even joined in with the party games.

• 5th Sep 2014

Come here if you want to party. Scott, the owner, is great for getting an atmosphere going. The a/c dorm is the best I've ever stayed in and the restaurant over the road is also the best I went to in Thailand. Scott also has a good relationship with a local scooter hire place which made hiring scooters really easy, the best way to see the island! Nothing against this hostel, but I'd say if you're not bothered about partying, then north west of the island might be better place to stay though.

The hostel was really nice. It is one of the best and friendliest place I've seen. Even though we weren't in Koh Phangan for the Full Moon, it was really a nice stay thanks to this hostel. The private rooms are the same as if it was the one from a resort.

Baan Tai was a really fun place to stay on Koh Phangan for Full Moon Party. Scott and Harry were awesome. Just try not to get stuck with the only room on the first floor. Pay a few bucks more to stay upstairs, trust me.

It was a great stay. The best part about the accommodation is the fisherman's restaurant right across the street. Otherwise you need a scooter or have to put up with incredibly expensive taxi fares in order to get around. The beach right by the hostel isn't the greatest.

Best hostel staff I have met, if you want a social hostel this is perfect.

cheers Mark, amazing how your opinion is so much different from the last review despite the fact that you stayed in the same room hmmmmm??...?

This hostel was great for socializing and having fun/partying but other than that its pretty sub-par. I stayed in the non-aircon room and it was really cramped and stinky and noisy but maybe the aircon rooms are nicer.

the air conditioned rooms are much nicer, the booking description for our basic fan dorm is just that BASIC, that is also why it is so cheap compared to the other dorms with more luxury, again as we state on check in should you have any issues with your room just tell staff and we can sort them, waiting until you leave to complain on the internet is helpful for no one