Baan Tai - Backpackers Reviews

Ban Tai Rd., Koh Phangan, Thailand

Unbelievable amounts of fun were had at this hostel. Really social atmosphere, the staff were really cool, and it was a perfect spot to get around. Right beside 7/11 and quick scooter ride to anywhere on the Island except Eden....never ever walk back from Eden... All in all an amazing, clean and fun hostel!

Funky little hostel with a nice chilled out atmosphere. Security is almost non existent but staff are cool. Just don't let them book anything for you! I was charged 450 baht for a ferry crossing that should've been 300!

If you like to party, this is where to stay. For what you are getting(facilities and location) it is a little over priced but the staff is awesome and very helpful. Had a great time. Might stay here again.

Great place to spend over Christmas! Amazing atmosphere and good place to make friends. The staff were helpful and always up for a laugh. The only downside was the toilet and shower weren't very clean!

• 22nd Dec 2015

The staff is very easy going and helpfull and has loads of tips on places on Phangan. The facilities are very clean and safes (bring padlock) are provided in the common area. You can have predrinks+drinking games every night in the common area. However upstairs you can't notice that if you want to sleep early. The location is perfect. Everything you need is literally around the corner. Also perfect location for half and full moon parties. PS. Try the burgers/pancakes from Lexy down the road!🍔

Had a private so I'm not sure what the dorms were like but I can tell you the private room was great. The wifi didn't really work anywhere so don't rely on it. The staff was awesome and super helpful, highly recommend this place

The staff here make this place really special. I stayed for 2 weeks, and felt like I made genuine friends with them! Definitely a great place to pre party, or watch movies and lounge on slow, rainy days. They also organize people to go watch the sunsets or to bars many evenings, and arrange taxis to big parties. I miss you guys already! My experience without Veebs, Nick, Max, Tim, & Bella wouldn't have been the same. Tristan and Karen - you are awesome, I wish you the best!! Cheers! ♡ Jenn

Great staff, helps u with what to see during the day and where to party at night 😃

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Denmark

I stayed here over a year ago so I knew it would be good. This time it had a new owner, and all new staff, yet it was still really good. Its got a really good setup to make it social, so good for those travelling on their own. Also the staff are always around and nice and friendly so even if there aren't any guests you'll have people to hang out with. Thanks guys!

This is the best hostel I've stayed at for my whole trip. Nick, max and the crew are so awesome. Fun atmosphere and they are so good at getting everyone to do things as a group. Always willing to show you the good spots on the island too. Will definitely be back here one day!

Staff were amazing!! Completely made the experience. They go above and beyond to help. Definitely need to stay here if you're doing a full or half moon party

• 3rd Dec 2015

I honestly don't think there is a single thing I can say wrong about this place, staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, heaps of nice backpackers to meet and drink with, no outside drinks but the drinks were reasonably priced so that was not a problem. Tristan and Karen the owners were lovely and the staff were helpful getting us scooters when we arrived. would definitely recommend this place (at least if you love to party) and plan on going back some time in the future

Stated here for full moon and it was amazing. Tristan the owner was so helpful and organised trips in the evening. Has the best atmosphere for pre drinking, everyone meets downstairs and plays drinking games during the day when your hungover you can just chill out and watch films. The staff were amazing, best hostel we've stayed at!

From start to finish our stay at Baan Tai was excellent. The moment we walked in it felt like we'd been there forever. The owner, Tristan, was extremely helpful with everything from where to ride our bikes to the best places to eat or to swim. The rest of the staff were equally lovely and very helpful. The atmosphere every night was awesome with beer pong and other games. Also when the party was going on downstairs and we were in our room we couldn't hear a thing. 10/10 we'll be back

Lovely staff, they are great! They will always check to see if there is anything that they can do for you. Karen gave us advice on what to do around the Island and also how to get around. Great location for the jungle party aswell!

Such a dope experience. I'll start with the bad because there's so little to say. The wifi was a bit choppy. That's it. Easy fix. Other than that. AMAZING The staff was so cool. They went so above & beyond to make sure you had a fun time. Gave me free rides wherever I needed, took care of travel accommodations for me, super fun, and just great people. The location was clutch. Not too far, very accessible. And the atmosphere is created to party. The half moon night was legendary. Hightly Rec!

• 20th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great place to stay, especially if you're looking to party. Staff is friendly, fun, and make an effort to get to know all (I mean ALL) their guests and rally them for the various parties. They set up drinking games, take shots, and are just fun-ass people to be around. Located a ways away from the parties but staff is great about organizing transportation. Drinks are cheap, guests are down, and staff can advise on day activities or even set up a motorbike rental if need be. Highly recommend

Hands-down the best hostel experience I've had so far! Atmosphere was very inclusive with the staff drinking with us and I got to know almost everyone who was staying there at the time. And because it's Thailand, drinks were nice and cheap. Hungover movies were also a good shout!

• 4th Sep 2015
  • Finland

staff pleasant, attentive, always available. Thank you for your help after the motorbike accident, we're thankful

• 4th Sep 2015

I was there for Halfmoon Party. The location is perfect as it takes place in a jungle venue nearby. Every evening nearly all guests and staff are hanging out together in a come-together room, playing drinking games and having a good time. The atmosphere is stunning, it is so easy to get to know new people.