Baan Tai - Backpackers Reviews

Ban Tai Rd., Koh Phangan, Thailand

Very helpful and fun staff! Hostel close to 7 eleven and to the beach (not the good beach though). Only downside is the expensive breakfast and that the cleaning lady doesn't clean the room so thoroughly, change the sheets etc. otherwise I recommend!! Great for full/half moon partying!

staff were great. location was perfect. big rooms.

This is an EXCELLENT place to stay. The staff is amazing and they go out of their way to make sure you are having a fantastic time. They will chat with you, give great recommendations, and will hang out with you and help foster connections between visitors. The BEST hostel I stayed at in Thailand for the atmosphere. The building is not locked though, so be careful to make sure your roommates remember to lock the room door before going to sleep (some people got robbed when I stayed there).

Just perfect! Staff go above and beyond to ensure everyone has mingled before a Full Moon Party. Rooms are nice and clean. Toilets and showers are good. Location is great. Rent some scooters and visit the West Coast and go North to Bottle Beach. Only 150 baht per day with the hostel. Had a great time here!

There were spiders in every corner of our room and spider webs which is gross the beds aren't really comfortable

We were advised to stay in Baan Tai rather than Haad Rin by other travellers (which I highly advise) and luckily ended up here. Karen and Tristan made us feel so at home and helped us get the most out of our short time there, arranging activities and parties, as well as of the advice on where to eat/drink/go/do. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm, it was big, clean with a good ensuite and balcony. Would highly recommend staying here to anyone visiting Koh Phangan.

• 23rd Jan 2015

This hostel is in a very good location for relatively easy access to haad rin for full moon but far away enough that it is not insane all the time. Also the owner, Karen, was super helpful in arranging travel, scooters etc. Make sure you bring ear plus as there was always loud music coming from downstairs.

Great place to stay good atmosphere. The staff really make it lots of helpful tips on where to party where to kitesurf etc etc One on the better hostels on the island for sure!

This is probably the only review i will do my entire trip. This place... a smile on my face thinking back on the days spent. Very homey common area, owners and staff get in with the drinking games and facepainting (fullmoon) and literally everybody in the hostel stuck together.also tristan took us all out on scooters and showed us some hidden sights and stayed out with us well after sundown and dropped off as many of us as he could at the ferry. Karen his girlfriend is in for a laugh too :)

I had a fantastic stay in this hostel. The security is excellent, the owners having a safe where they store peoples passports and which are collected upon leaving. The owners, Karen and Tristan are extremely friendly providing tips on where to travel on the island and are always up for a friendly chat during the evening time. It has a great bar area where you can chill with other backpackers/travellers. The hostel offers a wide variety of drinks and buckets and also offers breakfast.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Had a pleasent stay:) Felt like home. Got upgraded my room for same price. Highly Recommened the stay at this place.

The ladies running Baan Tai are top notch! Immediately felt welcome by warm smiles and great advice for a first-timer to Ko Phagnan! They hooked me up with a great motorbike rental and I had an unbelievable time! Cheers to Baan Tai Backpackers... I will definitely return!

• 3rd Oct 2014

The couple that owns the hostel is great, very friendly and helpful! But the cleaning lady didn't do a good job at all. Our room was extremely dirty - hair everywhere, full ashtray, dirt in the bedroom/bathroom. I complained but it was still dirty afterwards. For about 12 hours they cut off our water in the whole hostel and as we found out in the end it was an accident by the cleaner. Location isn't great either, Haad Rin is better .. But the good atmosphere made up of it a little bit.

• 30th Sep 2014