Baan Nisarine Reviews

98/1 Maharaj Road, Paknum,Muang, Krabi, Thailand

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. The staff was so rude that it almost ruined my experience. They lied and cheated me with thier "taxi" service among many other things. I quickly got out of there the next day. I have never experienced such mean people. Do not stay here!!'n

Enjoyed are stay.

This was the hottest hostel I have ever been in, and I'm an Aussie. The heat was unbelievable, almost overwhelming. How anyone slept in that oven I don't know. Staff were lovely, but if u need sleep - never stay at this hostel. I can not stress it enough - this hostel is BOILING HOT!!! I feell asleep for an hr and dreamt I was being strangled, woke up struggling to breath, the air was soo thick. I have nothing else to say apart from, good luck.

The man and woman running the place are brilliant, do everything they can to help you and are extremely friendly.. My only problem is that I got some bed bug bites on the first night! Plus make sure you get a room with A/C!

We arrived later than we had expected due to our flight from Bangkok being moved terminals and then delayed for another hour. When we eventually found the hostel the very rude owner denied we ever booked a room there, despite me showing him the email and reference number on my phone. So we were left to wander the streets at midnight to find somewhere else to stay. The same thing happened to a lady I met the very next day!! So if you book this place, don't be late otherwise they will sell it on!

Vey clean roms and bathrooms, great air con too. They told me they could do guest's laundry for 50b a kg, then told me they couldn't do it after I'd brought my clothes down, which was a bit annoying! Good location close to the markets, get a tuk tuk to the main bus stop (around 40b) to get onwards buses, way cheaper and better than the minivans that pick you up.

We just staying the night there, but we got a huge room for the two of us, also really clean.

Stayed here under the pretence at it was near to beach and airport. It was not. therefore ended up spending a lot of money on travel. Booked a transfer to the airport through the hostel only to have to wake up the driver ourselves and ask for our key deposit back. Although it was clean throughout our room had a distinctively bad smell. Agree with others that there are far too many rules and only one bathroom for a dorm and private rooms often meant queuing. Definitely recommend night market.

The hostel wasn't bad, but wasn't great. But what made us love it were the owners and staff. They went above and beyond to help us and make us feel at home. Would stay there again, 100%, just for the staff!!! :)

This is a great hostel. We really enjoyed our stay and found the staff to be very helpful. They provided lots of useful maps and reccomendations for our time in Bangkok. The location is easy to find and easy to travel around on the metro etc. The room was lovely, lots of space and really clean.

Pros: the Price and the location. And the free coffee in the morning. Cons: There is no common área to hang out so if you are travelling solo it's not the best place to socialize. The mattresses were hard and you could feel the springs. The bathroom could have been cleaner.

Good location, but a bit hard to find since the streets are not marked well. Close enough to the night market and all the essentials (atm, 7/11, food options, buses). Staff speak good English and are extremely friendly and helpful. Nice design/atmosphere in the central places. Lots of options for tours and getting around.

I stayed there with my girlfriend for one night before heading to Phi Phi. The beds were very big and comfy. Everything was VERY clean, which I find cosy. No weird smells or anything like that. They had free instant coffee and the showers had good pressure. Very good stay for the money, in my opinion.

Spacious and clean. Location is great and the staff is helpful. Beds in the dorm I was in was the worst during my entire trip. The springs truly cut into my body and sleeping was painful. However, spoke to some other travellers and apparently it was only the dorm (fan no ac) where I was at that had such uncomfortable beds.At the reception it was possible to book ferry-tickets and pickup went smoothly.

Amazing hostel. It's a good price for nice dorms and very, very clean. There are hot showers available and free coffee at all hours. The staff has been so extremely helpful, I had a few rough days and they tried their best helping me - re-arranging all my bookings to the nearby islands without a problem. It's in a good location, close to everything down by the river and really well-kept. Would definitely stay here again.

This place is amazing & the description is totally under-rated. I had a private en suite room which was beautifully decorated. There is a lovely family feel to the place with excellent communal areas & free coffee!! Walking distance to everything you need ie ATM, 7-11 & street market. Hostel arranged my pick up transfer to Koh Lanta, some that booked with agents had problems. Would def recommend!

I liked the place. Close to nightmarket and bars, but really quite. 7/11 across the hostel. Beds comfy and own plugs and light is really great.

Friendly helpful staff.

• 8th Jan 2015

This is not what I consider a hostel. There was no community vibe. The staff was unpleasant and defensive and the accommodations were poor. The bed was on a broken frame and would have been better suited on the floor. There was no mosquito nets, nor screens on the windows, or even a hook on the ceiling to hang our own mosquito nets in this high mosquito-borne-illness area.

Could make it clearer which rooms have AC and which do not on the introduction details. Other than that, the stay was very good and relaxing and the rooms where clean.

• 5th Jan 2015