Baan Nisarine Reviews

98/1 Maharaj Road, Paknum,Muang, Krabi, Thailand

Good location, but a bit hard to find since the streets are not marked well. Close enough to the night market and all the essentials (atm, 7/11, food options, buses). Staff speak good English and are extremely friendly and helpful. Nice design/atmosphere in the central places. Lots of options for tours and getting around.

I stayed there with my girlfriend for one night before heading to Phi Phi. The beds were very big and comfy. Everything was VERY clean, which I find cosy. No weird smells or anything like that. They had free instant coffee and the showers had good pressure. Very good stay for the money, in my opinion.

big hostel, staff can arrange everything, good for an overnight stay

Spacious and clean. Location is great and the staff is helpful. Beds in the dorm I was in was the worst during my entire trip. The springs truly cut into my body and sleeping was painful. However, spoke to some other travellers and apparently it was only the dorm (fan no ac) where I was at that had such uncomfortable beds.At the reception it was possible to book ferry-tickets and pickup went smoothly.

Amazing hostel. It's a good price for nice dorms and very, very clean. There are hot showers available and free coffee at all hours. The staff has been so extremely helpful, I had a few rough days and they tried their best helping me - re-arranging all my bookings to the nearby islands without a problem. It's in a good location, close to everything down by the river and really well-kept. Would definitely stay here again.

This place is amazing & the description is totally under-rated. I had a private en suite room which was beautifully decorated. There is a lovely family feel to the place with excellent communal areas & free coffee!! Walking distance to everything you need ie ATM, 7-11 & street market. Hostel arranged my pick up transfer to Koh Lanta, some that booked with agents had problems. Would def recommend!

I liked the place. Close to nightmarket and bars, but really quite. 7/11 across the hostel. Beds comfy and own plugs and light is really great.

Friendly helpful staff.

• 8th Jan 2015

This is not what I consider a hostel. There was no community vibe. The staff was unpleasant and defensive and the accommodations were poor. The bed was on a broken frame and would have been better suited on the floor. There was no mosquito nets, nor screens on the windows, or even a hook on the ceiling to hang our own mosquito nets in this high mosquito-borne-illness area.

Could make it clearer which rooms have AC and which do not on the introduction details. Other than that, the stay was very good and relaxing and the rooms where clean.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

The staff here is very nice! We had booked for the mixed dorm but the lady at the desk gave us a private room instead because the mixed dorm was all guys. And she charged us the dorm room rate :)

We stayed just one night at Baan Nisarine and it was fine. It's a no frills place, good for a reasonably priced private room. The warm shower was a nice surprise. It's a little further walk from the main hostel/restaurant area but not far from where the van from the Koh Phi Phi ferry dropped us off.

This place was okay but the staff wasn't very sociable. They were NICE though, the gruff man at the door actually woke up at 4 am to drive us to the airport to save us on taxi fare. The layout is not super conducive to a sociable atmosphere although it is very comfortable. Had lockers and fans but no AC. Didn't provide towels. Pretty far (maybe 2 km) from the main part of Krabi town and the river which was disappointing.

The beds feel like you're sleeping on a sheet draped over a bunch of springs, but it's not unbearable. The staff is great and it's a close walk to the pier and to most of the food. about a 20-30 min tuk tuk ride to get to ao nang. Great stay, thanks!

Not a bad place to stay in however our room had this unpleasant smell which increased with time. The hostel is very spacious and quite clean. Staff are nice but they sell everything more expensive than the travel places down town. This is probably a valid rule for all the places I have been to. Another tip for travellers - I found that it is much cheaper to book on the spot instead of booking online. This place is an example -the dorm beds were 300baht and we found a double room for this price

Private rooms are massive and forms ha e large comfy beds. Couldn't ask for much more.

I only stayed in this hostel over the night, but could tell that there's not much going on around there. Nevertheless the staff is nice and friendly, they waited for me, because I came very late. The place is clean and cozy and you'll have a nice rest there.

The host was extremely helpful and polite. I highly recommended this place to many travelers throughout my travels.

• 21st Dec 2014

Man and Noot were absolute wonderful hosts! Krabi is mainly a stopover on your way to the islands, but that does nothing to take anything away from this hostel's charm. The hostel also acts as a travel agency and Man can help you with everything from day excursions to aiding in arranging onward travel. Man was even so kind as to help me gather some of the smaller Thai coins for my collection that are no longer used!

Very enjoyable stay with an excellent location close to markets and songtaos to Ao Nang. Room and shared bathrooms were kept very clean, although when rooms are full it could be a bit of a wait for the bathrooms/shower. Enjoyed the views and the balcony. They were helpful booking a kayak tour and arranging a transfer to Ao Nang. Don't keep food in the room as ants will find it, like in most areas of Thailand.

View all Krabi Bed and Breakfasts