Baanrimtaling Home Stay Reviews

99/4 Moo 3 T.Vieng Chiang Khong, Chiang Rai, Chiang Khong, Thailand

An ideal place to stop over in Chiang Khong before travelling further to Laos/Huay Xay. Staff is nice and helpful, location is more than great. Also a good opportunity to take a bath in the Mekong. Also ask the American-born owner for advice about travelling to Laos - he will happily tell you some informative stories.

Excellent owners - very welcoming and helpful, even though we had cancelled our booking in the day - but luckily found a bus. Was promised a hot/warm shower - but it was a cold shower outside.

The American owner and his Thai wife are real gems. Really friendly and always have some great stories to tell. The problem is it would appear they are not front of house and the staff that are do not communicate too well. I booked a double room and ended up with a single which was fine as it was cheaper. She couldnt understand my booking. A lick of paint defo needed and some new bed linning. I slept in my sleeping bag! The place itself is fab. Large open dinning area overlooks the Mekong River

I cant imagine that there is a better place to stay. The view is amazing, the owner is awesome, and the food is great. Totally recommend.

This guesthouse is lovely and located on the Mekong River. Maleewan, the owner, and her daughter are really nice and kind. They will do everything they can to make sure that the guests are happy staying with them. There was a nice party and we let go the lanterns. In the morning, the view is stunning: the sunrise, the fog, and the river. It was just PERFECT. Really enjoy my stay here.

Very cheap hostel...but you really get what you pay. Rooms are very poor, but the atmosphere is very good!. The staff is very nice and very honest. You have to write in a book what you consume, and pay in the end. They are very helpful. Food is very good and cheap. Good place to relax and watch the river and have a beer!

Great place to stay, before or after crossing the boarder! Very nice owners.

Before booking I read quite bad reviews about this place and I really do not understand them! The place was great ! The staff was very welcoming, helpful and nice and even helped us with the company we booked for our trip to Lao. The location is good, easy to find. The restaurant was excellent with a nice view. I cannot give any bad point to this place as everything was perfect for us.

Hotel is in bad repair and filthy. I had to fix the shower before we could sleep because of incessant dripping. Door did not close without excessive forcing and the lock was a joke (padlock on the outside, misfitting bolt on the inside), and this was the BEST ROOM in the place.

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Couple, 41+

The owners were lovely and very helpful with information.

View all Chiang Khong Hostels