Baanrimtaling Home Stay Reviews

99/4 Moo 3 T.Vieng Chiang Khong, Chiang Rai, Chiang Khong, Thailand

Very basic 4-bed dorm room. Very loud from above as the room was just below the main kitchen/restaurant area (I could hear chopping and kitchen sink, plus very loud walking and talking very early in the morning). Bed was not comfortable, shower was cold, but the owner was wonderful and the view was terrific. For a one-night stopover on the way to/from the Laos border, this is a very fine place to stay.

I expected a small room and dodgy shower for the price but I didn't expect: an apathetic owner who couldn't be bothered to look for my booking and didn't know how much I paid so far; toilets that looked like an outhouse with a broken for that wouldn't lock; holes in thr mosquito net; rooster crowing regularly from 3am onwards; a group of cats who cried non stop; generally dirty looking guesthouse. Don't bother booking a room in Chiang Khong- turn up and look at them for yourself first

Amazing value for money. Incredible view of the river and great food. Room a little dirty and plain but you can't beat the price or the location. Helpful owner helped us get to the border on time the next day.

I used it as a drop off before a Mekong river cruise. It has a fantastic setting overlooking the river with amazing sunsets and sunrises. Rooms are big enough and showers fine. It has a very friendly and relaxed feel and the dogs are great to play with. I found it hard to find but that may just have been where I'd mapped it wrong. Only negative is that you can hear the footsteps upstairs quite loudly when in a lower room but for the price and location that's worth living with.

A lovely wooden building, with a kitchen that cooked good food, and an absolutely amazing view. The staff were lovely whilst I was there, but later that week I witnessed the owner harassing a backpacker in town for giving me and a couple of other travellers a lift to the border. There was only one elderly woman staying whilst I was there, so definitely not one for meeting other travellers, but if you want somewhere to chill and watch the Mekong flow by, it's worth checking out.

The map on the website made it so easy to find from the bus from Chiang Rai. The hostel itself is really nice, there is an honesty book which you add to if you have a drink/food and settle up at the end. The manager was lovely and very friendly. We only stayed one night because we were catching a boat the next morning. We had a twin private room and the only downside was that the pillows were exceptionally hard so didn't have a great night's sleep. Apart from that, all good!

View all Chiang Khong Hostels