Baanrimtaling Home Stay Reviews

99/4 Moo 3 T.Vieng Chiang Khong, Chiang Rai, Chiang Khong, Thailand

As Chiang Kong is a bit of a pass through town, I didn't expect much, but these guys were great! Good food, good view, and comfortable beds, plus she picked us up right at the bus station!

We had cheapest room. No mossie net. Upgrade and enjoy the Mekong view. The restaurant is sweet too.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I stayed for one night to cross over into Laos the following morning. I initially was given a single bed room which proved to be incredibly damp and smelt mouldy but was changed to another room immediately. Mix of local/international staff - all really helpful. Transport to the border/river boat tix can be arranged at reception. Beautiful view of Mekong River. All in all basic and convenient for 1 night and a 5 minute walk from the final bus stop. All amenities close by.

Great location at Mekong River, overviewing Loas. Helpfull staff, willing to help you with everything you need. I even thought of staying longer than the 1 night I booked (the usual stopover before going on the slowboat to Luang Prabang, like most travelers use Chiang Khong for). Good food.

We just stayed one night, on our way to Laos. The view over the Mekong is amazing. The staff is friendly and helpful. We stayed in one of the cheapest rooms that was ok for the night but was really small.

Really nice place! Terrific view. I went to this hostel because i would cross the border to Laos on the next day. But i have to say that i almost stayed one more night just because of this place. The staff is great as well and they will gladdly help you with your questions.

Lovely guesthouse. My family of four stayed here and we were very happy with it. Beautiful view of the Mekong, friendly atmosphere. Maleewaan was a lovely host. Thankyou!

5 bed dorm with low security because it was difficult to lock the door. Beds were hard and smell of the room was not so good. Near to the bus but little far to city center. Nice view over Mekong river. Really nice owner. But on weekend she is not there. Young staff spoke just poor English. Met really nice people there. Taxi service to boarder is available.

I arrived late due to the fact that my bus was delayed and the owner went out of her way to find me a bed even though my previous roo had been given away. She genuinely couldn't have done more for me and I feel so grateful to her. Incredibly friendly.

View all Chiang Khong Hostels