Baba Haveli Guesthouse Reviews

Solanki Dairy Farm, near the Ummed Chowk, Jodhpur, India

Imran, one of the brothers who runs the guesthouse, is incredibly friendly and helpful, and it is because of him that I would recommend the guesthouse. Pros: great location, amazing view of the fort from the gigantic rooftop terrace, excellent value. Cons: If Imran isn't in the lobby, then there are only his family members who don't really speak English (or are too shy), so you really have to search for him. Also, my bathroom was definitely not clean, and I suspect the same for the sheets.

A very friendly hostel with clean and spacious rooms and a very good restaurant. Hot water and free wifi available. +++++++++ (p.s.: But consider not to stay in the here recommended guesthouse in JAISALMER (Jow?). The rooms are very dirty, there is no water and the food was mediocre. And after a welcome drink camel tour selling starts. I checked out as soon as I could).

Ok but not great - the rooms have hot water but just from a tap (showers are cold) so you need to Indian shower using a bucket. Rooms could be cleaner and are in need of some maintenance. However place is run by Imran who is one of the most genuinely helpful guys (ie not just trying to sell you things they get commission on like many "helpful" GH owners) I have met so far in India. Food that we tried (breakfast) was also good.

Roof-top has lovely view of the fort and the staff are really friendly. Fort very close.

Nicely located with a good view of the fort from the roof top restaurant. Friendly staff who are always willing to help out.

We came here with the intention of staying 2-3 nights, we ended up staying for a week. The place is clean, though there are some bugs in the bathroom. AC worked properly and wifi is just a tad spotty in the rooms, but good otherwise. They close their gate at 11pm, but if you were still out, someone would stay up to let you in at any hour. Inman was a great host and very accommodating. He gave us a lot of information about Jodhpur, average taxi costs, shortcuts, and even got us pizzas one day.

• 2nd Aug 2014