Babushka Doll Hostel on Arbat Street Reviews

Arbat, 51, bld.1, Moscow, Russia, 121099, Moscow, Russia

We have been spleeping for 3 nights in this hostel. The staff did not speak English, not a single word and is also unpolite and uncaring. The room had no window, was nice but really really small, almost a hole (we have to close our bags in order to get in and out). The atmosphere is depressing, no light gets in, there is no common area or any other place to sit outside the room. They don't accept credit cards even if they say so. I would never recommend it since it is not even cheap.

1) My booking confirmation stated "private shared bathroom" which is a vocabulary abuse: a bathroom can either be private OR shared, but not both! 2) ONE ONLY shower for 13 double rooms is unacceptable: furthermore, it was ... OUT OF ORDER! 3) I had to pay the full rate with NO DEDUCTION for my advanced payment: after two days fight and close to claim at police, the owner decided to pay me back in cash my advance payment made through Hostelworld during the booking

Not very clean hostel, staff speaks only very poor english and without russian basics communication is nearly impossible. rooms are ok, but a bit expensive. the location directly on Arbat street and the fast wifi are good points.

View all Moscow Bed and Breakfasts