Back Home Backpackers Reviews

72/1 Samsen Rd.(soi 2) Banglampoo, Pranakorn BKK T, Bangkok, Thailand

No comments. It was perfect for me as a first time backpacker. Thank you so much!

• 3rd Feb 2016

The staff is amazing, and the place itself is nicely decorated and super clean. Beds are really comfortable and it's located close to Khao San Road. The only thing I didn't like were the old guys hanging out at the hostel all the time drinking beer, being loud and complaining about the music. They live next door so Sophie can't really do anything about it, but sometimes they really ruined the otherwise really great atmosphere.

Someone recommended me this hostel and he was right. The hostel is next to the busy roads and attractions, but in a more quiet neighborhood with a lot of good restaurants and terraces around which is perfect because you can enjoy a beer on their terrace without the noise of the city. Sophie and Latte are really nice and welcoming, the room are clean, hot shower, locker under the bed for your stuff, towel for free. The vibe is nice & chill and you can easily find friend to go around or out

Fantastic hostel! Brilliant location, in the action of Khao San but enough away to get some sleep. Sophie was so friendly and welcoming. Such a relaxed and cool little place with possibly the most comfortable beds I've slept in throughout Asia. Booking to stay here again before heading home.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • British Virgin Islands

Staff was friendly and attentive. Wifi connection was not up to par. Overall, a pleasant stay. A good place to stay if you like hanging out with old guys in the front of the hostel listening to jazz and 60s and 70s music. 9minutes walk from Khao San road.

One of the best hostels I've visited !!

The owner Sophie is amazing. She has a lot of information about yours and such! She has made this hostel a very homey chill spot you can stay at. The beds were comfortable and the location was perfect. Close to khoasan road but not in the middle of it. Many street food vendors around and 7-11 a minute away. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone that is going to Bangkok!!

One of the best hostels I stayed during my trip through Thailand. The stuff is really helpful and amazing with all their recommendations for all kind of stuff (food, what to do,...). I definitely coming back!

I was planning on staying only 2 nights, but eventually I stayed for 10 days! The hostel is supernice, Sophie is the best, the atmosphere is perfect and relaxed, location is very good, they serve cold drinks, ... Highly recommended!!

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff and the owner Sophie are both very nice day and helpfull. The location of this hostel is a 10 minute walk from Khao San Road and nearby all the touristy sites. I preferred this, because it's located it's less loud in this place.

Overbooks on purpose (or has a system completely unfit for purpose). I read other reviews saying this but thought I'd chance it. When I arrived the receptionist told me they were full as their internet had been down all day so the manager had missed my booking on hostelworld. I know this to be rubbish as earlier that day I'd sent them an email confirming my arrival time and the manager herself replied. They're in cahoots with Panda hostel which I believe they offload you on to and take a cut.

Incredible stay at back home backpackers. The owner sophie was so so nice! Definitly, i will come back if i go to bangkok.

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Friendly atmosphere, great location. I stayed longer than planned and would use it again.

My stay in Back Home Backpackers was an amazing surprise. I absolutely love the atmosphere and the people I've met there. Is close enough to craziness of the city, and you have all you need in the same street, restaurants, laundry, market. I would definitely recommend this place if you want to stay in a cool place in Bangkok!

Overall a fine stay. Sophie is SO nice and really cool. We thought the 'hostel' was really dirty. Because of no staff in the night or curfew, people were so bad at respecting eachother both at night time and in the morning. Close to Khao San Road, but not much to so at the hostel though.

Favourite hostel I've stayed in! Sophie was incredible, it felt like staying with an old friend. These beds are TRUE LUXURY. Stayed here twice, she allowed me to leave some things here whilst I went down to Full Moon. Stayed whilst the Germans were working here how were so loving and nursed me back to health. On her day off I saw her having a drink with a friend in a bar and she asked me to join them, which meant a lot and proves how genuine she is. Also she has great local knowledge.

great little hostel. sophie and other staff were lovely and it had a nice area to chill out. comfortable beds and in a really good location.

Sophie was super lovely and very accommodating. The whole atmosphere was lovely and the beds were comfy too! The hostel is in a perfect location, with great places to eat nearby that Sophie and friends of hers recommended. The fans could have been a little more powerful but I would definitely stay there again.

Best place to stay in Bangkok. The owner Sophie is awesome always helpful and friendly. Good chilled atmosphere and close enough to walk to Khoa San road but get enough away to not be bothered by the noise and hustle and bustle. Highly recommend staying. You won't regret it!

Absolutely wonderful little backpackers hostel, people are great, staff are super friendly and helpful.

• 5th Sep 2015