Back Home Backpackers Reviews

72/1 Samsen Rd.(soi 2) Banglampoo, Pranakorn BKK T, Bangkok, Thailand

The hostel was overbooked so they put me next door. I was slightly annoyed at this, but over bookings happen I guess. What made me angry is that the guy working the counter said I can still hang out at the bar and stuff even though I am technically next door. I came back later that night and the hostel was filled with people drinking and having fun and the same guy would not let me in. He kept saying they were closed and not serving alcohol even though clearly they were. I will not recommend.

I love Back Home Backpackers! It's my home in Bangkok - if you stay here, you will be greeted by either Stephanie or Anthony - both super friendly, wonderful hosts who give the hostel a family feel. People socialize and meet everyone because it's small and everyone hangs out in the downstairs common room. It's easy to get sucked in and never leave! It isn't a frilly, ultra-modern hostel where everything is uber-clean and commercial. It feels more like staying at a friend's house.

I really liked this hostel! Met really nice people here! Very near to KhaoSan if you want to party, but not exactly in it so you can still have peace and quiet if that's what you prefer. Lots of nice restaurants nearby!

Amazing atmosphere with great staff, made lots of new friends and would definately stay their again. Great location 5 min from Khoa San Rd in a nice quiet alley with great restaurants/shops within minutes. Highly recommend this hostel for anyone looking to meet great people, enjoy a comfortable/relaxing atmosphere outside the hustle and bustle of Bangkok, but yet still very close to everything! Certainly felt like "back home!!!"

• 30th Dec 2014

The other reviews hold true - this place is the best is you're looking to meet a million fellow travelers in a great lounge area among really friendly and sound staff. I was a solo traveler but I ended up staying an extra night at Backhome because I met so many great people. Definitely made my stay in Bangkok worthwhile. Note the bathrooms get a little dingy..

Back home backpackers was like a second home! The staff was helpful and nice. The location amazing, a 10 minute walk from the party street!

Great Hostel to stay in. Good location a short walk to Khosan Rd. Lovely lil cafes and bars near by. Love it down by the river too, good street food near by too. Had a great stay here the staff are really friendly, great laid back atmosphere. I stayed here the last 3 days of my trip and couldn't have picked a better place. great for solo traveler wishing to make friends. Would deff go back!

Great lil hostel love the location only 5 min walk to khosan road. Staff are great a real family feel. Great for solo travellers. One of my favourite hostels.

I stayed here my first night in Bangkok- very friendly people and staff and clean beds. Near to the kao San road but not too near! Good value for not a lot of money- would recommend

Great staff. Sophie, the owner, is lovely. If they are full they will try to get you in somewhere else. Lockers under the beds for small bags. Comfy beds with complementary towel. Cheap beer and nice atmosphere downstairs, where many people hang around. It's about a 6 minute walk from the busy Khao San Road. To get from airport, take airport train to Phaya Thai (45 baht) and get a metered taxi from there. Make sure they start the meter at 35 baht, not 200 or more. Taxi should be 80 baht

The facilities are not as plenty as described. It's a very small hostel with only two dorms. The atmosphere is great and very social. The location is quite perfect, you have many bars and small restaurants around and it's just a short walk to Khao San Road. You can also reach the main tourist attractions by foot. I would stay there again.

Great atmosphere, warm and welcoming people and place! Looking forward to part 2

• 11th Nov 2014

Back home backbackers was a fantastic place to stay! The atmosphere was great, because the effort of the staff to make it feel like 'back home'. I found it so relaxing that it was easy not to go anywhere and just hang out in the hostel. ;-)

• 5th Nov 2014

My stay there was amazing!!! I will come back for sure! All the team is so friendly, and the name of this guesthouse suits the place perfectly. "Back Home" is exactly what you feel everytime you come back there. I stayed there longer than expected (2 weeks...) and I gotta say that my mistake was to begin my 6 month trip there because now, all the other guest house seems wrong...! The place to stay in Bangkok !!!

• 3rd Nov 2014

BEST HOSTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT. The staff was unbelievable! So incredably kind and helpful. Made you feel like a friend not a costumer. Every morning they greet you nicely and ask you about your day. They are honestly interested in your conversation and they are the kindest staff you can find anywhere. The beds were awesome. The location was perfect. The cleanliness and overall atmosphere was outstanding. Great wifi. Great security. Best value for your money that's for sure. STAY HERE!!!

Really loved my stay at Back Home Backpackers! The atmosphere was great, one big family! Everybody is very helpfull if you need information or advice. The beds are nice and clean.

• 28th Oct 2014

Lassie and sofie are really awesome hosts. Great advice for what about to do in Bangkok. Close to Khao San and all the activity. Big comfy beds!!! Hot wafter too.

Fantastic place to stay, comfy beds, close to everything you need, amazing guys who run it, so friendly and know all about the area and tours (both used to work for a tour comanpy I think). Chilled atmosphere and a great little restaurant just down the road that delivers to the hostel. Cheers guys!

Good hostel, friendly staff and good location next to Khao san road. Sophie is Australian, facilitating the communication, because Thai don't speak English. "Nen", another staff, is lovely and helped me a lot. Great climate at night with the guests. Bom local, com ótimos funcionários e próximo a Khao san road. Sophie é australiana, o que ajuda na comunicação, já que tailandeses não falam muito inglês. A outra funcionária, que eu chamava de Nen, é extremamente atenciosa.

When you think of traveling this is the hostel you envisage. On the backyard of Kao san, this quaint hostel doesn't look like much, but, a few days in you realise that it has everything you need; functional facilities, a perfect location and a wealth of great people.

• 6th Oct 2014