Back Home Backpackers Reviews

72/1 Samsen Rd.(soi 2) Banglampoo, Pranakorn BKK T, Bangkok, Thailand

I always stay at Back Home when I'm in Bangkok and it's so nice to be greeted by Sophie's friendly smile! It's a cute little hostel with everything you need and although it's really close to Khaosan it's in a quiet area with awesome restaurants and bars and none of the seedy tourist garb. The beds are super comfortable and there's just a really chill, homey vibe about the place!

Great hospitality, wonderful, friendly owner who made us feel very welcome indeed. Would definitely come back if we are in Bangkok again!

• 29th May 2015

I booked online on Hostelworld (paying as well) but when i got there they told me that they had no room for me and to go somewhere else! Absolutely unacceptable

• 14th Feb 2015

It's worth going just to meet Sophie (the hostel owner). Genuinely very friendly and helpful. Comfy beds too.

Location is walking distance from koh saan which is the only positive to this hostel. The bathroom ground is always soaked, stayed 3 nights and the bedding wasnt changed. Most of the wooden safes are broken. Main note- the male aussie owner is rude, disorganized, and extremely unhelpful. Would only go back if he was no longer there. Hes in it for himself and doesnt care about guests.

Absolutely fine - pretty clean, but lockers aren't great. Very basic for the price.

My iPod went missing. It's purple. If anyone finds it, email me at nailah.rivers@gmail.com please.

The hostel was overbooked so they put me next door. I was slightly annoyed at this, but over bookings happen I guess. What made me angry is that the guy working the counter said I can still hang out at the bar and stuff even though I am technically next door. I came back later that night and the hostel was filled with people drinking and having fun and the same guy would not let me in. He kept saying they were closed and not serving alcohol even though clearly they were. I will not recommend.

The staff is amazing! Sophie and Lasse are the sweetest people and very helpfull! Nice, big, comfy beds, bathrooms are fine and the atmosphere is really good! You really feel like home! There were some problems with our reservation because they were overbooket, but they helped us and figured it out. Back Home Backpackers is the Place to stay if you go to Bangkok! Er du dansker, så skal du helt sikkert tage herhen! Der vrimler med danskere, det er super hyggeligt og man føler sig hjemme!

I love Back Home Backpackers! It's my home in Bangkok - if you stay here, you will be greeted by either Stephanie or Anthony - both super friendly, wonderful hosts who give the hostel a family feel. People socialize and meet everyone because it's small and everyone hangs out in the downstairs common room. It's easy to get sucked in and never leave! It isn't a frilly, ultra-modern hostel where everything is uber-clean and commercial. It feels more like staying at a friend's house.