Back Home Backpackers Reviews

72/1 Samsen Rd.(soi 2) Banglampoo, Pranakorn BKK T, Bangkok, Thailand

I booked online on Hostelworld (paying as well) but when i got there they told me that they had no room for me and to go somewhere else! Absolutely unacceptable

• 14th Feb 2015

It's worth going just to meet Sophie (the hostel owner). Genuinely very friendly and helpful. Comfy beds too.

Location is walking distance from koh saan which is the only positive to this hostel. The bathroom ground is always soaked, stayed 3 nights and the bedding wasnt changed. Most of the wooden safes are broken. Main note- the male aussie owner is rude, disorganized, and extremely unhelpful. Would only go back if he was no longer there. Hes in it for himself and doesnt care about guests.

Absolutely fine - pretty clean, but lockers aren't great. Very basic for the price.

My iPod went missing. It's purple. If anyone finds it, email me at nailah.rivers@gmail.com please.

The hostel was overbooked so they put me next door. I was slightly annoyed at this, but over bookings happen I guess. What made me angry is that the guy working the counter said I can still hang out at the bar and stuff even though I am technically next door. I came back later that night and the hostel was filled with people drinking and having fun and the same guy would not let me in. He kept saying they were closed and not serving alcohol even though clearly they were. I will not recommend.

The staff is amazing! Sophie and Lasse are the sweetest people and very helpfull! Nice, big, comfy beds, bathrooms are fine and the atmosphere is really good! You really feel like home! There were some problems with our reservation because they were overbooket, but they helped us and figured it out. Back Home Backpackers is the Place to stay if you go to Bangkok! Er du dansker, så skal du helt sikkert tage herhen! Der vrimler med danskere, det er super hyggeligt og man føler sig hjemme!

I love Back Home Backpackers! It's my home in Bangkok - if you stay here, you will be greeted by either Stephanie or Anthony - both super friendly, wonderful hosts who give the hostel a family feel. People socialize and meet everyone because it's small and everyone hangs out in the downstairs common room. It's easy to get sucked in and never leave! It isn't a frilly, ultra-modern hostel where everything is uber-clean and commercial. It feels more like staying at a friend's house.

I really liked this hostel! Met really nice people here! Very near to KhaoSan if you want to party, but not exactly in it so you can still have peace and quiet if that's what you prefer. Lots of nice restaurants nearby!

Amazing atmosphere with great staff, made lots of new friends and would definately stay their again. Great location 5 min from Khoa San Rd in a nice quiet alley with great restaurants/shops within minutes. Highly recommend this hostel for anyone looking to meet great people, enjoy a comfortable/relaxing atmosphere outside the hustle and bustle of Bangkok, but yet still very close to everything! Certainly felt like "back home!!!"

• 30th Dec 2014

Good location and distance from Koh San. Nice food nearby. Staff really friendly and helpful. Booked us onto a dive trip in koh tao, worth doing. Good place to meet other travellers with a good social area.

The other reviews hold true - this place is the best is you're looking to meet a million fellow travelers in a great lounge area among really friendly and sound staff. I was a solo traveler but I ended up staying an extra night at Backhome because I met so many great people. Definitely made my stay in Bangkok worthwhile. Note the bathrooms get a little dingy..

Back home backpackers was like a second home! The staff was helpful and nice. The location amazing, a 10 minute walk from the party street!

Great Hostel to stay in. Good location a short walk to Khosan Rd. Lovely lil cafes and bars near by. Love it down by the river too, good street food near by too. Had a great stay here the staff are really friendly, great laid back atmosphere. I stayed here the last 3 days of my trip and couldn't have picked a better place. great for solo traveler wishing to make friends. Would deff go back!

Great lil hostel love the location only 5 min walk to khosan road. Staff are great a real family feel. Great for solo travellers. One of my favourite hostels.

I stayed here my first night in Bangkok- very friendly people and staff and clean beds. Near to the kao San road but not too near! Good value for not a lot of money- would recommend

Great staff. Sophie, the owner, is lovely. If they are full they will try to get you in somewhere else. Lockers under the beds for small bags. Comfy beds with complementary towel. Cheap beer and nice atmosphere downstairs, where many people hang around. It's about a 6 minute walk from the busy Khao San Road. To get from airport, take airport train to Phaya Thai (45 baht) and get a metered taxi from there. Make sure they start the meter at 35 baht, not 200 or more. Taxi should be 80 baht