8.1
Fabulous 214 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 214 Total Reviews
Back in BA Located at El Salvador 5115, Palermo Viejo, Buenos Aires.
Argentina
Buenos Aires 1414 El Salvador 5115, Palermo Viejo
81% 214
-34.5864782 -58.4312152
    Rooms available

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
9th May 2016

I really liked this hostel, after staying in a quieter area in BA, I much preferred this location, close to many bars and places to eat. All of the staff were friendly and they organised everyone to go out together, which felt natural and not like the typical organised fun you get in some places. It was pretty loud at night on one of the nights when we had to get up for a flight, but this was due to some inconsiderate guests, and the poor guy who worked did his best to shut them up.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2016

Super friendly and helpful staff. A great atmosphere that encourages socialising. Great location, only a short walk to excellent restaurants & bars!

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
24th Feb 2016

Perfect location in Palermo, close to many bars and restaurants. Although the rooms can get pretty hot during summer, the fans help and it is nothing that will prevent you from having a good night of sleep.

Thanks for your feedback. It was great having your stay with us, and I hope you are Back in BA soon. Palermo awaits you!

• Venezuela, Female, 18-24
24th Feb 2016
7.1

The staff was very helpful but facilities were not well maintained. The rooms were extremely hot and the fans did very little to make the nights less sweaty. It was an overall boring place to hang out, didn't seem to be many people and the few that were there weren't very open so I wouldn't recommend this place for solo travelers. The breakfast was poor with only toast, jam, some fruit and bad coffee. They could consider offering some events at night for guests to bond. Good location though.

Thanks for your feedback. And I'm sorry you didn't have the best of times with us. We normally have a great atmosphere at the hostel and often go out with guests (or organise meals in the hostel). It sounds like that didn't happen during your stay. We were having a problem with our bread supplier so that was missing from breakfast - and the coffee is normally great! I will look into that. I hope you give us another chance

20th Feb 2016
6.9

A bit overpriced.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
5th Feb 2016
7.4

I really liked it in the hostel, at first because of the other guests. The house is really nice but in the summer a bit to hot, because the rooms don't have aircondicion.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
4th Feb 2016

This hostel has a lot of potential. Comfy beds, helpful staff, great location, easy to meet new people. However the weather was quite hot during my stay. The website says that air conditioning is available, this is not true!!! The room was ridiculously hot. The breakfast could also be improved, there was no bread for 4 days. Very very basic. I understand that it was a public holiday, but the supermarket was still open. Might stay again if the weather was cool.

3rd Feb 2016

Had a great stay at Back in BA. The location is perfect and the staff is really friendly and helpful and organized fun activities and nights out. My only complaint is that it could use some sprucing up with newer mattresses, bedding, etc. And would benefit from aircon in the rooms because it was quite hot and damp. Fans helped though. All in all, I'd stay again.

28th Jan 2016
7.7

I'm pretty easy to please - thought the location and staff were outstanding. However, despite the well intentioned nature of my experence, the breakfast is extremely basic at best, the mattresses need to be cleaned more regularly and there is NO AIR CON, contrary to what it says on line, meaning it is HOT at night. Overall a good experence, but could be far better if they improved facilities as the place needs to be renovated.

We always aim that our guests have the best possible time while staying with us - and usually succeed. I'm sorry this didn't seem the case here. We're constantly improving our facilities and the mattresses have mattress covers which are regularly cleaned and replaced - as are the mattresses when necessary; if you'd told us about the problem we would have done something about it at the time. We DO have aircon - in the bar. Unfortunately the Hostelworld site doesn't allow for us to specify where the aircon is. We do have lots of fans in the rooms for hotter nights - and heating for colder ones. And hopefully, if you give us another chance, you'll find things to your liking. Thanks for the feedback.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
26th Jan 2016
6.0

We felt this hostel was not like how it looked in the photos. (Looked better in the photos) Had to pay by PayPal but the computer didn't work so in the end had to pay in cash. There were not enough plugs, and no air con, although it said there was air con when we booked it on hostel world.

Most people who stay with us have a great time but I'm sorry this wasn't the case here. We DO have aircon - in the bar. Unfortunately the Hostelworld site doesn't allow for us to specify where the aircon is. There are lots of fans in the rooms. We also have lots of plugs and extentions - although I guess it depends where your looking for one. Did you ask a member of staff? Paypal is one option to pay if you choose, although it states in our booking conditions that payment should be in cash. Sadly we don't have creditcard facilities in hostel (although Paypal does the job just as well). I'm sorry the computer wasn't working when you tried to pay. It happens sometimes but they usually get fixed within the day. Thanks for the feedback