Back in BA Reviews

El Salvador 5115, Palermo Viejo, Buenos Aires, Argentina

This hostel has a lot of potential. Comfy beds, helpful staff, great location, easy to meet new people. However the weather was quite hot during my stay. The website says that air conditioning is available, this is not true!!! The room was ridiculously hot. The breakfast could also be improved, there was no bread for 4 days. Very very basic. I understand that it was a public holiday, but the supermarket was still open. Might stay again if the weather was cool.

• 4th Feb 2016

I'm pretty easy to please - thought the location and staff were outstanding. However, despite the well intentioned nature of my experence, the breakfast is extremely basic at best, the mattresses need to be cleaned more regularly and there is NO AIR CON, contrary to what it says on line, meaning it is HOT at night. Overall a good experence, but could be far better if they improved facilities as the place needs to be renovated.

We always aim that our guests have the best possible time while staying with us - and usually succeed. I'm sorry this didn't seem the case here. We're constantly improving our facilities and the mattresses have mattress covers which are regularly cleaned and replaced - as are the mattresses when necessary; if you'd told us about the problem we would have done something about it at the time. We DO have aircon - in the bar. Unfortunately the Hostelworld site doesn't allow for us to specify where the aircon is. We do have lots of fans in the rooms for hotter nights - and heating for colder ones. And hopefully, if you give us another chance, you'll find things to your liking. Thanks for the feedback.

We felt this hostel was not like how it looked in the photos. (Looked better in the photos) Had to pay by PayPal but the computer didn't work so in the end had to pay in cash. There were not enough plugs, and no air con, although it said there was air con when we booked it on hostel world.

Most people who stay with us have a great time but I'm sorry this wasn't the case here. We DO have aircon - in the bar. Unfortunately the Hostelworld site doesn't allow for us to specify where the aircon is. There are lots of fans in the rooms. We also have lots of plugs and extentions - although I guess it depends where your looking for one. Did you ask a member of staff? Paypal is one option to pay if you choose, although it states in our booking conditions that payment should be in cash. Sadly we don't have creditcard facilities in hostel (although Paypal does the job just as well). I'm sorry the computer wasn't working when you tried to pay. It happens sometimes but they usually get fixed within the day. Thanks for the feedback

Great location and nice staff! Stayed a total of 3 days and had a great time and it was easy to meet people as a solo traveller

I loved my stay in Back in BA and the whole group that stayed there. Turned out to be very dfiferent than expected, but we had a fun party night and a great BBQ the other. Would totall recommend. The big rooms were incredibly hot, but mostly due to the heat wave currently running and we had a couple of fans to help out.

The hostel is very well located and the way it is laid out it creates a very good atmosphere and a place which is easy to meet people. The Asado was awesome also. Would definitely recommend staying here

• 21st Jan 2016

This hostel is perfectly located in the coolest area of BA. I stayed for 10 days and came back for another 4 at the end of my trip.The staff is very friendly and most of them also have good knowledge of different activities in BA. I stayed in 6 bed dorms - beds are good and the lockers fit large backpacks.The dorms could use an AC since it gets really hot (points though for having 2-3 fans in each dorm). The bathrooms are not modern, but toilet and showers are always nice and clean.

Great hostel, staff, location, etc. Had a blast. My only suggestion is to get more fans or even better AIR CONDITIONING for the rooms. It was HOT. Really tough to sleep at all

Really enjoyed my stay here. Clean, friendly and helpful staff, and a social but not crazy party atmosphere. Fast wifi and comfy dorm beds. One thing I would say is they don't have locks to rent - so bring your own, although I felt comfortable leaving my stuff unlocked. Palermo is a great neighborhood with a ton of restaurants and cafes, as well as bars. A little far from the metro (maybe 8-9 blocks) but not the end of the world and ok as long as your bag is not too heavy.

• 14th Dec 2015

Back in BA was great! Location was great, lots of awesome travelers and the staff was excellent. The ONLY downside to the hostel was the dorm sometimes felt like a sauna. This was because the door was kept closed at night so people could sleep which prevented air circulation and kept the humidity in the room (it's very humid in the summer). I think if 2 more fans were added to the room I stayed in it would have been a lot more comfortable. Showers were great though and I'd stay there again!

liked the place. not too big. travellers feel which is good. roller shutters on front windows which kept down street noise. only issue i had was smokers on the balcony right outside the kitchen/dining/reception area so you had to walk through a haze of foul air to enter or leave the area.

Lovely hostel in a peaceful part of the city. Some good bars and restaurants near by (try the Mongolian buffet)but it's a long walk to the centre.

The atmosphere of the hostel is really nice (a bit noisy if you want to go to bed before midnight) and the staff as well. The bathrooms were clean. The only negative thing was the room. Bed are not really confortable and mostly the room STINKS !! There is a weird smell in the dorm n°3.

Thank you for your review - we really appreciate constructive feedback. And I'm glad you like most things about your stay. I'm really sorry about the damp smell in your room - it was due to a water leak that has now been fixed. I'm sorry to hear you didn't find the beds comfortable - most people find them much better than average: a thick (18cm) solid foam mattress in the dorms and fully sprung doubles in private rooms. Perhaps your mattress had a specific problem?

Great staff, homey and welcoming atmosphere of the entire hostel including the guests, not the most updated facilities but clean and functional!

• 14th Oct 2015

great location and (most) staff is helpful. one guy felt it necessary to watch Dr Who on max volume throughout his entire shift. every shift!!! really annoying if you are staying in the double room right next to the reception. also really annoying is that the place kept going until 4/5am most nights. and the walls are paper thin. so if youre a light sleeper think 2x. and it seemed like a lot of the staff - manager included - were more busy with their "outside friends" than the hostel guests.

An okay hostel with a great location. Nothing about my stay was very remarkable. The breakfast is decent, the staff is an average amount of helpful, the rooms are on the small side but fine. There is not a lot of indoor common space but that didn't really bother me. It would be a bigger issue during the colder months.

I really loved this hostel. What makes this hostel great for me was just my whole experience there with all the great travelers I got along with. The staff is very cool and are like your friends staying there. They have great activities for the hostel that really brings everyone together, like Pizza night and amazing Parilla!. This hostel is really good because people keep coming back and hanging out here. The man who runs the hostel does a great job looking after all the details! My fav stay BA

Stayed for one night in a double room with bathroom. Comfortable bed and clean linens, but the room smelled of mold and the bathroom ceiling was full of mildew. The smell gave me a headache, but I decided to endure it since I was only staying one night. The big space under the door made the room very noisy. You could hear every noise being made in the hostel. I had a good night's sleep though, the breakfast was good value for money, and the staff was helpful enough. However, won't stay again.

The amazing atmosphere at this hostel separates it from any other. Not a party place but incredibly easy to meet people and to make friends, it allows for a terrific experience. The staff is exceptional all around with the Portuguese guy that works nights being the highlight. He makes absolute sure to answer any questions that come up and goes out of his way to ensure everybody has a good time. I will be back

• 16th Sep 2015

Great hostel, with very friendly staff who are incredibly helpful. Location in Palermo is cool, and very easy to get to the city centre by subte. The homemade pizza night on Wednesdays is amazing, best pizza in Argentina.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels